It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alien Invasion, you're in charge, what do you do?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 04:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bilder

Originally posted by originunknown
tell them to #off. if they dont say what thier going to do with them then they cant have them. if they will take a third then they will be back for more basicly enslaving us. we will not let this happen and will fight them. i would rather die trying to defeat them than from being anal probed to death as some sort of experiment.
Totally agree,tell them to #off,we all live together or we all die together

HELL YEAH !!! .. i wouldnt say 'take em' either , i would tell everyone what the deal is !
Hope fully much like in ancient myth and legends , that a Hero could actually arise , or Heros ?
Hey , knowing what we are truly like ,i couldnt 100% say that a Hero/Heros would arise in a crazy situation like this ,
But looking from outside in , having read much of mankinds history ,
I can honestly say , If a Hero/Heros arise and defeats the alien enemy , I WOULD NOT BE SURPRISED !
All throughout Earths history , Champions are not uncommon !

GO EARTH !!
edit on 18-5-2011 by StaceyWilson because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 04:15 AM
link   
They are threatening to destroy the planet if we do not cooperate, so they
are not coming to rescue us.

They want the people for a food source or labor force.

The only choice is to assess their technological capabilities after they arrive.

If their tech base is close enough to ours, and they only have one ship, we
could possibly fool them into getting close enough that a tactical scenario
could be developed.

BUT, if they have technology that is greatly superior there is nothing we
could do.

Even if their technology is not at the magic level they would be able to use
kinetic weapons (rocks/asteroids) that could destroy the planet without
ever coming into range of our best missiles.

Realistically, any race that has technology advanced enough to cross the
stars would have the capability to destroy Earth without ever needing to
actually "fight" with us.

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 04:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by ignorant_ape
reply to post by DJKris

nothing - as thier " demand / threat " is utterly assanine

As silly as their demands may be, those are the demands. If you'd really do nothing I'm very glad you're not one of the worlds leaders.

I would meet with all the other World leaders, my suggestion would be that each country give a 3rd of it's population, I would propose a lottery that would take place only after the prison system was cleared out of all those guilty of serious crimes.

If this system is agreed the next step would be to make a public statement, a time would be agreed for all the World leaders to address their respective countries at the same time.

We'd move forward with the lottery and towards surrendering our 3rd, however, while this is going on we would be doing all we can to learn more about the threat and found out what we could do to defend ourselves against them and fight back. If we conclude we have a chance against them then come D-Day I'd unleash hell on them!

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 04:20 AM
link   
well to play devils advocate, i would say .. take all of them, or none.

in exchange for some kind of rad FTL UFO thing...
i'd slap on some bumper stickers... crank up some classic 80s rock/metal

then cruise for alien hotties to bump nasties with "Kirk Style!"

you are damned if you do, or damned if you dont. so strategic retreat .... (:

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 04:23 AM
link   
shoot id volunteer to go. an unknown fate is better than a predictable one.

plus, if i have to make such a decision i'd like to go through what those people will go through if i were to live with myself.
edit on 18-5-2011 by DOADOA because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 04:27 AM
link   
reply to post by DJKris

The one poster earlier did in fact interject a valid ulterior motive. Is this hypothetical of yours strictly devoted to a threat and doesn't leave room for the latter?

Personally, the wording is vague due to this portion of the OP...

ET's have been in contact and informed you that they want to take away a third of the Worlds population for reasons unknown

Hypothetical situations should include any and all hypothetical responses. Without knowing this particular variable of the hypothetical scenario it is difficult to postulate a viable hypothetical solution. The "kill or be killed" hypothesis included. In my opinion of course.
edit on 5/18/2011 by UberL33t because:

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 04:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by DJKris

reply to post by DJKris

As silly as their demands may be, those are the demands. If you'd really do nothing I'm very glad you're not one of the worlds leaders.

I would meet with all the other World leaders, my suggestion would be that each country give a 3rd of it's population, I would propose a lottery that would take place only after the prison system was cleared out of all those guilty of serious crimes.

If this system is agreed the next step would be to make a public statement, a time would be agreed for all the World leaders to address their respective countries at the same time.

We'd move forward with the lottery and towards surrendering our 3rd, however, while this is going on we would be doing all we can to learn more about the threat and found out what we could do to defend ourselves against them and fight back. If we conclude we have a chance against them then come D-Day I'd unleash hell on them!

And if the 1/3 went for, would you be the first to put your hand up?

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 04:34 AM
link   

reply to post by DJKris

Fail, Because it should never be the first option , All other options must be explored , Have a lil faith in your fellow humans , we might not be Good at Peace , but we know monkeys and we know wrenches!

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 04:37 AM
link   
reply to post by DJKris

Well, what’s gonna stop them to destroy the whole planet as soon as they get what they want?
And what if they show up later and ask for the same thing? Then what? Isn't obvious that if
they want 1/3 of the Worlds population, then they have a REALLY good reason NOT to destroy
the plant.. am I right?

You DO NOT co-operate with “something” that want to take away 1/3 of your family…
you fight it till your last breath.

..and of course you can call the Doctor Who

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 04:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by UberL33t
reply to post by DJKris

The one poster earlier did in fact interject a valid ulterior motive. Is this hypothetical of yours is strictly devoted to a threat and doesn't leave room for the latter?

Personally, I think it should be considered due to this portion of the OP...

ET's have been in contact and informed you that they want to take away a third of the Worlds population for reasons unknown

Hypothetical situations should include any and all hypothetical responses. Without knowing this particular variable of the hypothetical scenario it is difficult to postulate a viable hypothetical solution. The "kill or be killed" hypothesis included. In my opinion of course.
edit on 5/18/2011 by UberL33t because:

I think people can feel free consider various motives behind this, by unknown that's part of the debate. What do they want to do with us? Of course I would consider them hostile and believe their motives to be unpleasent due to their threat of destroying the planet if we don't co-operate.

Originally posted by douggie60
And if the 1/3 went for, would you be the first to put your hand up?

That would depend on firstly how important I was considered with regard to getting the world back together after losing a 3rd. I don't think you could have all the worlds leaders go, I believe that would cause a whole fresh load of problems on top of the ones created by losing 3rd of the world population. That's not to say some of them couldn't/shouldn't go and I would be more than willing.

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 04:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Bilder

they don't have to tell anyone what their motivations are .. all they have to do is pop out of warp and uncloak then send us their demand for a third of the human population. nobody would even have a chance to fight over who gets to go or not.

possible reason for wanting a third of our population involves an upcoming colonization of a habitable planet in the nearby sector by an unfriendly race. these aliens who are demanding a human contingent want us to get there first. discuss.
edit on 5.18.11 by toreishi because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 04:52 AM
link   
i would atleast lay down some terms since refusing isnt much of an option. id ask in return to take what they want but in return share technology im talking about fill in all the mathematical gaps in different fields of physics and other theories that are being explored. And of course for them to share some of their own history and provide a reason for this harvest that sounds logical. if they arent cool with that then..they can expect a 3rd of the human race to go down fighting instead.

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 04:56 AM
link   
reply to post by DJKris

I'd say good for you. Can't you reduce the population by a half not a third as this would really help our animal friends. Then I'd ask them how can I get on the gravy train. Seriously I would.

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 04:56 AM
link   
reply to post by DJKris

Wow, that's easy! Start with giving them the politicians, corporate crooks, bankers and lawyers for flavor, Arms dealers, drug gangs, Religious fanatics of all types, terrorists, dictators, and their henchmen (do they still have henchmen? Or is it henchpersons now? Henchwomen?).... and see what they say. They might just find them not to their taste, but oh well. If that entices them, there's always more of them around until we fulfill the quota. Of course it's take out only, serve yourself. Saves us the dirty work. A Win/Win for everyone!

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 05:05 AM
link   
I'd offer them the supporters from a Rangers vs Celtic football match. 60,000 drunk Scots looking for a fight might make them think twice.

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 05:22 AM
link   
reply to post by DJKris

Most people are agreeing to let them take a third of the population. I dont think we would have any choice but to let them. Maybe i would try a counter proposal, for example for every million people they take, they give up scientific information. Space info, technology info, if they out right declined i may consider war. Sort of, you scratch my back, we'll scratch yours or f*** off basically lol

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 05:46 AM
link   

Hypothetical discussion here. You're one of the world leaders, ET's have been in contact and informed you that they want to take away a third of the Worlds population for reasons unknown. If we do not co-operate they will destroy the whole planet. You do not at this stage know what kind of weaponry they have, but you do know they are serious and capable.

You have 1 month before they want to start taking people. What do you do? How do you handle this situation?

Well, if they gave me the decision, I would first want to ask them how many other world leaders they made the same offer to. If it was me only, I would tell them to take from the third world countries. In fact, I would encourage them not only to take from the third world countries, but to take all of them while they are at it. That way the world could move on and evolve a little faster without the burden of these nasty, ignorant and backwater third world countries.

Oh, and I would have them also take everyone in Rome and Mecca too, lol.

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 06:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Alpal
Simple send the prisoners.

This would be a very logical start point Alpal, so assuming you don't just randomly pick people (lottery) who goes after the prisoners? Afterall, that wouldn't make up a 3rd of the population.

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 06:18 AM
link   
i don't know, start with death row prisoners, whack jobs, liberals, etc. keep em' waiting till i can find a hole in their defenses. and then BAM!

BUT, if they had a list of names, then....whoa!

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 08:53 AM
link   
reply to post by DJKris

If a peace treaty was out of the question then offer them all of Russia

Seriously though, fight and fight!!!

Even if they won at least we could say we went down fighting. If it came to urban warfare then be very sneaky
and catch them by surprise and take it one step at a time.

Take our their command structure and then let the grunts run around lost with no orders from command and take em out and steal their technology!!

I would like to hope that intellligent life isnt as common in local parts of a galaxy and are very isolated. Even if a species or ET had developed tech to travel here in such great numbers i would want to hope they are smart enough too realise that life is precious and not something that needs to be wiped out.

Although at the same if they looked at us from an outside perspective all they would see is a virus killing and harming this planet and a virus that cant even co habitate with itself (wars and violence). I would hope they offer solutions to pollution, clean energy and technology and help to promote peace!!

edit on 18-5-2011 by Havick007 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join