It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alien Invasion, you're in charge, what do you do?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 01:08 PM
link   
My response: Yes boss. Lottery system is the most fair I think.

a) We could destroy our planet at our tech level so clearly so can they...
b) They can probably extract thought from our minds
c) They of course have superior tech and intellect
d) We have no ace up our sleeve or allies capable of aiding us
e) We have no knowledge of how to defeat their technology

Not much we could do to our new found gods other then embrace them and make the best of our lives...Those who get to live on that is.

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 01:09 PM
link   
i would let them take america and the middle east and the rest of us can live in peace.
think about it. if these 2 regions were not on the planet, we would be living on a much more peaceful planet
let the aliens deal with them coz they sure ain't gonna sort it out down here

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 01:31 PM
link   
I'm amazed how many of you all would SELL OUT your own race to something else...

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 01:33 PM
link   
The only other thought on the subject is what I have recently discovered in a old "Outer Limits" episode. It seems this very question was posed before. It all depends on the forces that want to "take" our population. Do we know who they are, are they honest, do they display integrity? I believe that is the key. As to who goes and who stays, well, it all depends on the reason they are being taken. If this is not clear, then a clear answer can not be given.

Please watch the following two part episode of the Outer Limits and reconsider our position.

"The Inheritors"

Part 1

Part 2

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 01:38 PM
link   
there is a show on sunday at i believe 10pm talking about an alien invasion supposed to have a panel of experts its a new mocumentary i guess you could put it

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 01:52 PM
link   
Try to make sweet, sweet love to alien chicks...if there is such a thing

what a stupid discussion...what could you do in such a event?...clearly it isn't up to you who the aliens will kill. Military defense would be useless and would just result in more deaths.

All you could do is watch...

but since I think the human race went completely wrong, I'd not coorperate and let the aliens kill everybody...screw it
edit on 18-5-2011 by dude69 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 02:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by plaguedone
there is a show on sunday at i believe 10pm talking about an alien invasion supposed to have a panel of experts its a new mocumentary i guess you could put it
Can you supply a bit more info, name of program, country it is airing in?

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 02:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by dalan.
reply to post by DJKris

Let them take a third of the population, blame the Middle East, and then go in to steal their oil.

I lost a mouth full of soda laughing at this but it was worth it!

This was so funny I could've cared less about the keyboard ........wiat smeohtnig is worng wtih my kyebraod uhhh ohhh.

-Alien

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 02:21 PM
link   
I’d tell them to watch “knowing” and follow suit…figure out a way to send signals to find the intelligent and worthy people then take them, save them and destroy the rest of the planet.

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 02:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by DJKris
Hypothetical discussion here. You're one of the world leaders, ET's have been in contact and informed you that they want to take away a third of the Worlds population for reasons unknown. If we do not co-operate they will destroy the whole planet. You do not at this stage know what kind of weaponry they have, but you do know they are serious and capable.

You have 1 month before they want to start taking people. What do you do? How do you handle this situation?

First, establish where they are taking everyone.
Maybe the destination of the taken will be more sought after than here on earth.
If so, then lottery tickets and keep peoples wealth to rebuild better earth.

If the taken will be slaves, eaten, etc. then....

In this order earthlings (no one under 13yrs) will be offered till the quota is filled:

Incarcerated individuals
Anyone convicted of a felony (or equivalent) crime
Any politician who has been in office more than 8 yrs.
Anyone in a coma for more than 5 years
Anyone over age 90
All rappers

Then if that's not enough, which it should be cause there's a lot of evil people, then take those who are suffering that have no hope of rebounding.

If the aliens posses a technology that is called an EVILOMETER just use that to take the meanies.

Or, just take all the prople starting oldest to youngest.

Or just travel back in time and take all the Nazis, Romans, Huns, and all other bad dictatorships.

Or just lock and load and see what happens, humans are bad ass fighters.

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 02:28 PM
link   

Hypothetical discussion here. You're one of the world leaders, ET's have been in contact and informed you that they want to take away a third of the Worlds population for reasons unknown. If we do not co-operate they will destroy the whole planet. You do not at this stage know what kind of weaponry they have, but you do know they are serious and capable.

You have 1 month before they want to start taking people. What do you do? How do you handle this situation?

I'd start by gathering all the military leaders, defense companies, etc, and say something like : "There you go, well done. This is what happens when you spend all the time ****ing fighting amongst eachother in different countries instead of getting proper defences sorted for the planet."

Then probably try sending SOS signals out all over the place in space in the hope someone came to help.

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 02:41 PM
link   
In this situation there's not much you can do except comply and by doing so, attempt to better our situation overall. The main way being the control over who is taken followed by seeing if they'd be willing to provide scientific knowledge/tech in exchange for our cooperation.

For choosing who would go...

I'd comprise a list of corporate elites...the oil company price gougers, IT outsourcers, floating CEO's, etc. They'd be the first to go with their 'wealth' to be redistributed to the people whose lives they destroyed.

Following that, I'd go for all the multiple felony/repeat offenders in prison.

Then I'd ask the aliens to simply monitor Earth and anyone who uses the N word (or the non-English equivalent)more than once a day gets to go.

By that point I think they should have more than enough and our world would be much better off.

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 02:51 PM
link   
Hypothetical I hop on one of those Tesla ships, if of course they were all at my command,
and hunt down everyone connected with the anti Tesla conspiracy.

That would be fun for me.
Exposed now or in the after life, it will be some show.

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 02:53 PM
link   
Well.

I would tell them to go to hell. And I do not even believe in the place.

Bust out the big guns and prepare the shuttles for battle.

F them all.

What a bunch of cowards.
(this was aimed at the comply folks)
edit on 18-5-2011 by liejunkie01 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 02:58 PM
link   
How do we know that the 1/3 they request aren't the one they intend to save. What if they take the 1/3 and destroy the rest. Sort of a "Rapture" situation. They then teach and impart mystic, cosmic knowledge on those they took and reinsert them back on the planet 1000 years into the future, after all the dust has settled.

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 03:01 PM
link   
Easy one, send them back to mexico where they belong

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 03:29 PM
link   
It is hard to give a good answer to this question, as there is not much detail known. If the aliens plan on killing those they take, then what I may do, would be to figure out a fair percentage of each countries population to hand over. Each country would then empty their prisons (of anyone who has done major crimes) and give them up. To fill up the rest of the countries percentage, I would then give up the terminally ill, mentally handicapped, and other 'indesirables'. Those that are older than 90 would then be next to give up. Hopefully after that, the worlds population would have been decreased enough.

If the third would be to preserve the human race, while the rest is exterminated, to begin the restoration of earth, then I would choose the greatest minds, as well as various different cultures. I would take people from all ethnicities to ensure that there would be no race that would go extinct.

Either way, I would attempt to keep the information as confidential as possible, until it is time for the third to be picked up. At that time, I would most likely start the 'evacuation' of that third, in as secritive as possible. Jail visits would all be cut off while they are all taken (or the great minds that are being saved, will be gathered up without their knowlege).

If the world would be cleansed, I would hand over all known nuclear weapons, and with a week remaining, I would allert the people. I would tell them that we have made many mistakes as a race, as in turn ended up putting our planet in danger of survival (the truth). And as a result of our mistakes, and to ensure the continuity of, not only the planet, but the human race, those remaining would be exterminated, and it was time for people to be with their families, and to do what they wanted before they die.

If the one third would be killed, then the remaining people, would all be alerted after the fact of the immediate danger, and in turn would hopefully allign the world to unite against a common enemy and stop the wars on the planet (which is likely all the aliens would have wanted). Depending on the risk of a further genocide of the human race, I would dedicate all the top scientists to creating new, advanced weaponry, which would hopefully be able to stop any future attempts to take citizens from the planet.

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 03:32 PM
link   
First, I would ask the space abductors: Which would you prefer- Male or female? Black, White, Red or Green?

Then I would say to them: "GO FOR IT"
edit on 18-5-2011 by Erno86 because: typo

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 03:39 PM
link   

Use that month to coordinate (via Morse Code) an all-out strike against their mother ships which should be parked over every major city. Get the President and a former crop-duster (and recovering alcoholic) into flight suits and stage a do-or-die, impromptu strike on, say, July 4th. Yeeeaaaahhhhh!

Just kidding. Perhaps do this: Doesn't China, by itself, have about a third of the world population? Well, let the Chinese take one for Team Earth.

However, perhaps these are wily, crafty aliens. Perhaps they are testing our morality. PERHAPS, JUST PERHAPS they are allowing us to choose 1/3 the population THAT LIVES. So, if you are truly barbaric, you will easily say, let the Chinese take one for Team Earth! Then, instead of reducing the world population by 1/3 by taking the Chinese, the aliens reduce the population by 2/3 by taking everyone EXCEPT FOR THE CHINESE (or whoever was chosen for the sacrifice).

That's the nasty kind of reversal I'd expect from "bloodthirsty" aliens. They might only be as bloodthirsty as our lowest morality will allow them to be.

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 03:54 PM
link   
do what they've been doing and deny their existence. it would be a lot easier for them because people wouldn't panic until the time comes. not to mention, people would go NUTS if they told us that.... serrrrrioussslyyy

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join