It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Whats your favourite ATS thread of all time?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 11:40 PM
link   
I don't have the links because I'm on a phone.

But I would say

The thread started by the Guy claiming to be a horse trainer who said there was a link between the CIA, Russian mob and terror groups in the middle east. It was fascinating and filled with such strange and specific details and claims . it was very compelling.

John titor has to be up there. It was a genuine cultural phenomenon and even if its a hoax it was a great story.

The thread by dark Knight (spelling)

The story of the mysterious mountain range (in Germany? The name escapes me)

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 12:04 AM
link   
reply to post by NoRegretsEver

Great thread and a topic that is close to home for me,

Ive worked as a sales. marketing and PR consultant for the past 9 years. I was actually poached by a firm when they came into the company I was working with to help with a restructure.

Those vids are great in that they make people aware of it being there but they dont go anywhere near far enough, the level of sophistication and subtlety thats employed nowadays is absolutely mind blowing!!!!!!!

The company I worked for was a multi national, one of the biggest consulting agencies in its field in the world, we had 6 basic types of consultant, all new employees started at the same place which was our main department that helped train sales people in things like NLP and body language etc basically how to manipulate someone one on one wether by phone or in person. Then depending on your skill sets and interests you could move to other areas
Management training which is basically teaching someone how to manipulate a small group of people.
Next we had print media, how to manipulate people via images and wording.
Then onto radio and TV advertising, how to manipulate using verbal and visual clues without any interaction taking place.
PR, how to manipulate people into thinking what you want them to think about you
Branding, how to manipulate people to think about your product or service even when they dont need it.
Then there were a heap of niche areas with things like scent and colour placement, How to manipulate customers into doing your advertising for you, How to get people to pay more for a product or service and get them to thank you for it (price elevation) the list goes on and on
The company never called it manipulate they used the term "Motivate"

I stayed with that company for 6 years and after 6 months I was practically suicidal (slight exaggeration there used for emphasis) when I came to the realisation that pretty much the whole world is out to manipulate you and everything is a sale.
Basically the only people who are sort of immune are classed as sociopaths, not by my company but the people who had the characteristics of a classic sociopath were less likely to be taken in by all the subliminal/psychological crap that goes on around them. Ironically they are also the ones best at delivering this sort of stuff.

The methods used by big business goes way beyond what was touched on in those vids and I hate to think what goverments/military are capable of.
I gotta be honest, I dont think humanity has a chance against these people!!!
There are people who are aware of whats going on but nowhere near enough to make a difference.

Im sorta hoping that 2012 is going to bring a shift in conciousness that will make people immune to this sort of stuff because if something like that doesnt happen it will take something like a meteor strike to dislodge these people from he top.

Star for you

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 06:14 AM
link   
On the lighter side, this thread shows some of the humor that can be found on this site. One of my faves to be sure,(just cuz I'm Canadian) created by relatively new mod: Hefficide.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Absolutely LOVE your avatar, btw.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/ae5aefc3e537.gif[/atsimg]

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 06:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Tasty Canadian

ROFLMAO

thats a freakin classic dude I was actually laughing.

Because I dont think life should be taken too seriously and I love a good laugh Id like to give youa double star, unfortunately I can only give 1 so sorry.

But dude freikin HILARIOUS!!!!!!

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 12:15 AM
link   
All Roads Lead to Rome. Greatest thread of all time. No contest.

Almost 200 pages, and I’ve read them all. The author of that thread was undoubtedly one of the brightest minds on here, not to mentioned one of the most dedicated and committed posters I’ve come across. I’m obviously not alone in thinking this, considering how he was ranked the number 1 contributor to ATS.

You’d be hard pressed to find a thread as well-researched and coherent as his All Roads Lead to Rome. For anyone interested in how the populace has been controlled from behind the scenes for the last 2,000 years, then there’s no better place to start.

The real mystery here is why more people aren’t outraged at the suspicious nature of the ban on one of our most thoughtful and valuable members.

Not only is each page of that thread a goldmine of information, but the whole thread touches on such a vast array of topics that reading through it will give one a better education in history than any textbook can.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join