It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Mysterious Zone of Silence..

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 08:45 AM
link   
The perfect place to get some peace.

Would love to take a holiday here.

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 03:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by imasecretspy
It sounds very similiar to the Bermuda Triangle stories.

Thanks for posting about this. Never heard of it before.

edit on 17-5-2011 by imasecretspy because: sentence structure

ive heard of bermuda but not this one in el paso.

this be where all the "osama/obama" people come to file there paper work.

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 08:05 PM
link   
unfotunately, it is very easy to make a compsass spin around in your hand- a new earth magnet in the shape of a ring will produce this effect very easily.as to an area where radio signals 'disapear' well, thats a lot harder to explain, however there is a place in my town in the UK where mobile phones don't work as good as they should, basically a 3mile diameter.right in the middle of a residential area too. there are mobile masts a couple of miles up the road,and one by a garage maybe 500m away but reception is sporadic. i think it might be a ley line convergence spot. if anyone knows how to check, i'd be happy to see.

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 08:19 PM
link   
Fascinating. It brought an image to mind, like a magnetic hurricane with the eye over this area sucking in everything it can and funneling it down to this spot.

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 08:29 PM
link   
Hmm... I remember hearing in the news about a place that was rather strange. If I remember correctly it was somewhere in Mexico as well. The only thing that I remember is that basically if you parked a car in a little down hill the car would go backwards (so basically up the hill). The same happened to water, if you dropped water, it would go the opposite direction and flow up hill. I don't know if it was the same location as this. Does anybody know if it is? Or what location is could have possibly been?

Thanks,

Xenam

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 09:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xenam
Hmm... I remember hearing in the news about a place that was rather strange. If I remember correctly it was somewhere in Mexico as well. The only thing that I remember is that basically if you parked a car in a little down hill the car would go backwards (so basically up the hill). The same happened to water, if you dropped water, it would go the opposite direction and flow up hill. I don't know if it was the same location as this. Does anybody know if it is? Or what location is could have possibly been?

Thanks,

Xenam

I know what you are talking about. There are some places here in the united states as well. Scientists brought topography and survey machines and were able to prove that it was just an optical illusion and that they were all really a downhill slope.

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 09:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by QuantumPhysicist

Originally posted by Xenam

Thanks,

Xenam

I know what you are talking about. There are some places here in the united states as well. Scientists brought topography and survey machines and were able to prove that it was just an optical illusion and that they were all really a downhill slope.

Quite a bummer :\ Would have been interesting if it was something related to something supernatural.
Thanks for the info though

I guess the news always makes things seem so amazing and beyond explanation sometimes but, then again that's the news for you.

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 02:14 AM
link   
reply to post by BIGPoJo

Has anyone actually tested radio equipment down there?

Yes, they have.

Neither I nor anyone with whom I spoke (apart from the zoneros) had any trouble with either their radios or compasses while working in the Reserve. Source

The link was posted earlier in the thread by IPILYA. Whether or not you are inclined to believe the stories that are told about Mapimi, you owe it to yourself to read the linked page.

Zoneros are what the locals call the crazy people who come to this place hoping to find wonders and mysteries.

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 07:05 PM
link   
There are at least ten places like this in the world, the Bermuda triangle being the most famous, and also the Devil Sea off of Iwo Jima is quite well known. The Japanese govt actually lists it as "dangerous" for no reason. Here is a map:

worldomystry.blogspot.com...

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 07:15 PM
link   
Here is another very weird place I have been in Argentina, also at about thirty degrees latitude, SOUTH. VERY well known for UFOs (OVNIs in Spanish) and lots of other bizarre phenomena.

Always at or near thirty degrees latitude, all the weird places. Makes you think.

www.cerrouritorcoam.com.ar...

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 02:45 PM
link   
reply to post by SaturnFX

Yep, that's the plan. But hopefully I don't die. And I hope that I can get my hands on a piece of meteorite.

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 01:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Rising Against

Very Interesting. If you look at the opposite part of the globe, you are Indian ocean right around where the Vela Incident occured. In the Vela incident they suspected a nuclear explosion occured, but perhaps it was a related magnetic Phenomenon.

posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 07:10 PM
link   

Hi - I just saw this mentioned on one of the Ancient Alien shows. It stated that a test rocket went off course by hundreds of miles and was sucked into this zone. That to me is more believable than looking at something that appears to be uphill but is really downhill. I can't seem to get my mind around that to figure out how that illusion could take place. If you are standing on a slope you can feel which way is up or down just by force on your legs and feet. I need to go find some pictures of sites where that takes place.
edit on 7-4-2013 by mlcaponi because: spell error

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join