It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Mysterious Zone of Silence..

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 09:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Qwenn

Originally posted by Rising Against
reply to post by Watts

Interesting thread, I just wish you would have skipped trying to make it sound overly intelligent because it caused you to make a lot of grammatical and syntax errors which made it rougher to read in some spots than it needed to be. No need to try to impress anyone on ATS, just write normal, we'll still S&F.

Wow, how rude.

I'm not trying to sound intelligent, and I'm not trying to impress anyone. Instead, I'm trying to bring an interesting story forward for discussion. If you disagree with how I've decided to present such a thing, feel more than free to bypass the thread and move on. After all, the last time I looked, no one was forcing you to read and then subsequently post.

There's simply no need to try and try and insult anyone as well. It's completely unnecessary. Now, if you have anything of value to contribute, I'd love to hear it. Thanks.

edit on 18-5-2011 by Rising Against because: (no reason given)

I agree that it was a rude remark !

It is a great subject and you were obviously trying to put as much information and quotes into it as possible, so some spelling mistakes etc, are bound to creep in. It is not helped by the modern trend on the internet of spelling words in whatever way a poster thinks is correct, although this way of spelling things stupidly developed way back in about 1963 and was very quickly dropped as many people could not spell correctly afterwards, this sort of corruption of the English language has happened again, due to the internet and it is sadly here to stay.

So criticise poor research, bad data, bad attitudes, but remember that when you criticise other peoples spelling, you must run every future one of YOUR posts through a spell check, to avoid being called to task about it.

Here:
www.abovetopsecret.com...
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Being corrected doesn't bother me. I'd rather be corrected so I can do something correctly next time than to be patted on the back for doing something wrong. I don't understand why people in today's society see a simple correction as rude. I could understand if I called him stupid and talked down to him, but I didn't. I even praised the subject and shared my two cents.

You folks are being way too touchy over nothing and for some reason find it necessary to defend something that can be proven to be a wrong. This is my third time saying it, but that's one of the main problems in society today, nobody wants to be told they're wrong, ever, even when they are. And when someone does step forward, others, who have NOTHING to do with the situation, point fingers and try to make that person out to be some kind of "monster" for daring to offer a correction. Grow up. Deny Ignorance. Stop defending it.

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 11:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Rising Against

Thanks for the reply...but I think you are wrong. I looked for a while on the net for any verification of what you are suggesting and found none. I'd be happy if you could prove me wrong though....can you fine a reputable link that suggests this is indeed what happens in this spot, and that it happens to everyone?

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 01:07 AM
link   

Yes I know, I was only joking with you. I didn't mean to come off like a jerk I just thought it was funny. In fact it was very interesting and I am glad you posted it.

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 01:33 PM
link   
Areas such as this may be useful if the government ever turned on the people and were attempting to use tech?

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 05:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Watts

reply to post by Watts

I'll refer you to my reply to the OP: www.abovetopsecret.com...
and definition of syntax here since its such an issue:
dictionary.reference.com...

Example, he said:
"Strikes hit here on a daily occurrence..."
...how can a "strike" hit? A strike is a hit. and "on a daily occurrence" isn't correct english.
Like I told the OP, I wasn't insulting about it in anyway, I pointed out the errors, added my thoughts and kept it moving. To be angry and offended because someone points out obvious errors is childish and one of the main problems in America today. Nobody wants to be told they're wrong ever, even if the proof of "wrongness" is readily available. A simple copy and paste into MS Word will show you but no, you'll remain offended and continue to defend a wrong and imply that I'm out of line for not being nurturing of it.

The motto of this site is "DENY IGNORANCE." If it was "DEFEND IGNORANCE", I would understand your stance. But its not, therefore I don't.

Wow talk about a grammer nazi. And the motto deny ignorance doesn't mean you have to be patroniszing. What if the op has some type of learning difficulty?
Theres such a thing called tact

As for the thread i enjoyed it op. But i've learnt that i can't trust the history channel which is a shame because some of there shows are really fascinating(you just can't go and research the topic or you'll be let down).
Thanks for sharing though.S&F

edit on 20-5-2011 by Bixxi3 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 05:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Bixxi3

What if the op has some type of learning difficulty?

Err... I don't.

If I made a grammar mistake, I obviously missed it when re-reading before I posted.

Anyway, I'll reply to some posts a little later on. Busy time for me right now but I just had to reply to that above post..and comment, lol.

edit on 20-5-2011 by Rising Against because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 08:46 AM
link   

reply to post by Bixxi3

What if the op has some type of learning difficulty?

Err... I don't.

If I made a grammar mistake, I obviously missed it when re-reading before I posted.

Anyway, I'll reply to some posts a little later on. Busy time for me right now but I just had to reply to that above post..and comment, lol.

Well there would be nothing wrong with having a learning disability....
edit on 20-5-2011 by Bixxi3 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 09:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Bixxi3

Well, I don't.

I don't appreciate you bringing up such a thing as well. Now, can we please steer the conversation away from me? Thanks in advance...

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 09:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Watts

You didn't realize that what you took the time to type out was wrong and I pointed it out.

That's a lie. You focused on how I wrote what I wrote instead.

You didn't once point anything out as being wrong.

Why does society consider it rude to point out a blatant wrong? That's why the country is in the state its in now, nobody wants to be told that they're wrong.

I've been told I was wrong many times before and I'm always happy to admit it. But you're post was just plain rude and It was a childish attack on me and how I wrote my thread. If you still can't see that, despite many others finding your post rude also, then unfortunately the issue lies with you and you only.

Maybe you need to re-read what you write perhaps?

Anyway, If you decided to present your thoughts in another, more civilized way, I'm sure we could've had a nice discussion but no, you chose to do otherwise. It's unfortunate too.

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 09:17 AM
link   
reply to post by bhornbuckle75

Thanks for the reply...but I think you are wrong. I looked for a while on the net for any verification of what you are suggesting and found none. I'd be happy if you could prove me wrong though....can you fine a reputable link that suggests this is indeed what happens in this spot, and that it happens to everyone?

Hey there.

Admittedly, no I can't. I've had another look around today, and I have to admit, I can't find much to back up what I said. I may have to concede here. What I did find was material from the locals, but what they claim is that this area isn't as special as It may seem.

I'll keep digging of course.

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 09:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by sputniksteve

Like most people currently posting on ATS today, I enjoy nothing more than hearing about impossible sounding tales of earthly anomalies, paranormal phenomenon, the "unknown" and so on. I find them nothing short of fascinating, and I'm sure others feel the exact same way.

I think you give people here too much credit. Most are just political trolls and couldn't care any less about this stuff. I know its off topic and not necessary but I found some humor in it.

How do you know the intentions of "most" people on ATS?

This is the type of story that brought me to ATS. I cannot speak for anyone else. I find this story to be fascinating. I love how it ties in with ley lines and meteors. I am always on the lookout for strangeness whenever I go hiking or go on a road trip.

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 09:59 AM
link   
Very odd. I was saying never knew this place existed until recently saw a show on it. Not too much available concerning the 25th parallel angle except to say this area along with the Devils Triangle and the Bermuda Triangle are all on it.

There is a NASA image of the Earth all misshapen due to the influence of gravity over certain parts of the globe. I have tried also to see if there is any interesting or unusual gravitational pull or push in this area but could find nothing.

Still it is a very interesting topic and hopefully people will chime in with new information and speculation.
That is all we have to go on until ....well, tomorrow.... if all goes as planned.

We will have all the answers to all the questions with the coming Rapture.

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 10:23 AM
link   
Makes me wonder, if this site is truly as anomalous as described, why more scientists are not studying the area. Have any more mundane explanations come out? Just wonder if there's a counter-culture of cynicism out there about the site, like there is with most supposedly paranormal phenomena.

This is why I like ATS so much - great post. Thanks!

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 11:35 AM
link   
On the topic of this being evidence of a polar reversal.

The evidence we have found of past polar reversals in rocks is that the layers of rocks, formed over millions of years, is that the magnetic orientation of the iron rich materials in different layers (which are oriented according to the earth's geomagnetic field when formed) was opposite between the different layers.

en.wikipedia.org...

This does not seem to correlate to this magnetic anomaly. However, interesting nonetheless.

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 12:16 PM
link   

[I wasn't insulting about it in anyway, I pointed out the errors, added my thoughts and kept it moving. To be angry and offended because someone points out obvious errors is childish and one of the main problems in America today. Nobody wants to be told they're wrong ever, even if the proof of "wrongness" is readily available.

The motto of this site is "DENY IGNORANCE." If it was "DEFEND IGNORANCE", I would understand your stance. But its not, therefore I don't.

Whatever mr. editor.

First. A guy like me appreciates a few grammar errors.

Second. The overall opinion is that it was in poor taste to even mention some stranger's grammar. And it DID make you sound rude.
YOU, my friend, are wrong.

Third. If you really want to bash someone's grammar; why don't you read one of my threads? I can use the posts. Just make sure you contribution to the subject.

As for the subject of this thread;
I think I will see if the Mexicans have any work in that area.

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 12:25 PM
link   
reply to post by president

I'd just like to point out a well that If I make a grammar mistake, then that's all it is... a mistake. I don't do it on purpose or anything. I am human after all, mistakes do unfortunately happen.

People have pointed me out to them in the past as well and I was glad, genuinely I was. In this instance though, I felt it was presented in bad taste (not to mention with what appeared to be a childish attack on me personally) thus why I seemed unappreciative. But anyone is more than welcome to post about it, or PM, in the future. In fact, I welcome it. I'd just appreciate It being presented in, at the very least, a civil way.

Anyway, this is a fascinating topic, and I really would like to focus on that from now on if possible. Whether there is any truth to the topic at hand or not, I don't know, I'm new to this story myself thus the need to make this thread.. I just wanted to learn a little bit more about it.

edit on 20-5-2011 by Rising Against because: Funnily enough.. I'm editing for a typo.

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 03:04 PM
link   
Has anyone actually tested radio equipment down there? I don't mean cell phones cause I doubt there are any towers there. I would like to know if anyone had tried some two way radios, for example.

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 04:59 PM
link   
that's awesome i've never heard of this before

star and flagged!

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 03:54 AM
link   

Hi Rising Against. That was a great thread - I don't have any thing extra to add but I enjoyed it, and I just wanted to say that this is the sort of thread that should be put up as an example for everyone that posts some sensationalist bilge with fifteen questions marks followed by a paragraph they copy and pasted from rense. You put a lot of effort in and I for one appreciate it!

Cheers!

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 06:50 AM
link   
I dont know if it´s been postet here yet but here it is:

Geographic Geometry

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join