It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

American soldiers are waking up!! Support of taking america back!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 08:01 AM
link   
This is an interesting youtube vid, looks like even the soldiers are sick of their
narcissistic self absorbed, self appointed gods now too.

American Soldiers Fed Up with Government

edit on 17-5-2011 by awareness10 because: (no reason given)

edit on 5/17/2011 by maria_stardust because: removed all caps from thread title.

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 08:12 AM
link   
reply to post by awareness10

I think that we all forget that soldiers (at the end of the day) are just people like you and me. A lot of them have a family and are fathers, mothers, sons or daughters and have the same concerns as you and I. Maybe they entered the forces because they wanted to or because it was the only career option that they had in order to make a living. I don't condone wars but I have nothing against the average soldier who tries to do the right thing and struggles in life just like you and I to do what is right.

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 08:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Australiana

Nicely said, i agree. They're asked to defend their country and then disregarded and treated horribly by the heirarchs who never have to dip their toes in the mud. Many of them are maimed or emotionally damaged for life afterwards, put on drugs during and after, and then given very little to survive on when they're discarded. All thanks to the Govt.

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 08:36 AM
link   
If we get politics out of the military then things would get better as far as the military's image. Political wars have no place in a military, and most certainly ours. The political wars need to be fought by the politicians and corporate greed mongers that use our military to do their bidding.

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 08:56 AM
link   

First off, I’m cool with anti-war types. Most Soldiers are, as they are the ones who have to fight them, but most Soldiers also uphold their oath and deploy when told.

Believe it not, there are liberals in the US Military, matter of fact, there are Soldiers, Marines, Airmen, Sailors of all stripes, political, religious and ethnicity.

Most of the people I know see Adam as a poser. Someone who took the oath then didn’t get his way and rebelled and got spanked for it. I've seen this scenario played out over three decades.

He’s a whiner according to a former Marine buddy who knew him. Did everything he could to get out of deployment, but wanted his education paid for without earning the benefit.

I wouldn’t give this guy the time of day.

He has no honor or integrity. He lives a lie, one that he has convinced himself that he stands above the fray.

You can see a quick overview on this….uh, guy here. Not a big fan of this coward. He's only in it for his own reward.

en.wikipedia.org...
edit on 17-5-2011 by TDawgRex because: (no reason given)

edit on 17-5-2011 by TDawgRex because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 12:23 PM
link   

Old video, I watched it still.
It is a good video and still the truth.
You fight fire with fire.
So, I guess you fight terrorism with...??

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 01:44 PM
link   
reply to post by TDawgRex

It's his American right though isnt it. Politicians do it too, yes even the White house which isnt so pure as it once was. I mean before the Canadians and English burnt it to the ground. But really come on, if that's how you think about your own guys fighting a war that some billionaire big wigs created on purpose with or without the acknowlegement of other countries, then they're really fighting for the Bullies on the block who consequently dont even treat its own cititzens with respect. Soon, you will awaken to find you have even less rights than the ones you thought you had.
This soldier, whiner in your eyes or not, is standing up and saying no. And he's probably seen more crap within the system than you ever have. You cant judge others while sitting on your couch pointing fingers at everyone but yourself.
edit on 17-5-2011 by awareness10 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 01:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by g146541

Old video, I watched it still.
It is a good video and still the truth.
You fight fire with fire.
So, I guess you fight terrorism with...??

I'm not sure you can fight terrorism with anything here.I just feel that people
need to be more aware of what's going on so when it occurs they're not
running around like crazy people thinking irrationally and doing irrational things.
Most people will, and most people also dont realize they were conned into thinking
America was a Country while it's really a Corporation like the UK. and probably more
we arent aware of yet. Freedom is somewhat of an illusion to most Minds and keep on
believing what their leaders tell them to believe, whether its a lie or not.

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 03:37 PM
link   

No no, I'm saying we're fighting "Terrorism" with terrorism.
And I agree we are more free range than free.

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 04:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by g146541

No no, I'm saying we're fighting "Terrorism" with terrorism.
And I agree we are more free range than free.

ah np, gotcha

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 05:48 PM
link   

I do agree, that he has the right to speak his mind, just as you do. Apparently, you misread my post. I have over 30 years in the Military, Army to be exact, with more deployments than this kid has been alive. It is a hard life and leaves very little room for people who fight the system. If that was allowed, and I believe that it is nowadays, we will end up with more dead or jailed for crimes Servicemembers than ever before.

A lack of self discipline, integrity and honor destroys unit cohesion in no time flat. Especially if the Command climate allows it. I recently retired because I was seeing more and more people getting promoted who were more politicians than leader. That and I am pretty banged up myself, just not a young pup anymore.

I was and still am a supporter of OEF but I didn’t agree with the OIF decision (I thought we should have continued during Desert Storm, but it is, what it is), and deployed as it was a congressionally approved operation, as was Afghanistan. But being in the Military, we don’t get to pick and chose. Besides, I couldn’t live with myself if one of my kids was injured or died because he had poor leadership. Believe me, it is a bad feeling when your leader freezes once the bullets start flying. I’ve served under good and bad leaders and have learned a lot. My guys always thought I was a hardass, but they knew I had their back. I even helped discharge a few who couldn’t hack the lifestyle. I treated all fairly.

I always seek out opposing views and I have been to a couple of rallies where IVAW was represented. I remained polite and asked them about why they were doing what they did. I learned that most of the vets I spoke to didn’t really want to be in the Military in the first place, but it was paying for their college. Others did drugs or had other criminal charges. Some were affected by what they saw and felt they weren’t properly prepared for Combat operations for which I blame them and the Military.

War is a nasty disgusting business when conducted close up. You feel it, smell it and at times, wear it. It is not for the meek.

I leave you with these two quotes.

We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm

All that is needed for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 06:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by TDawgRex

I do agree, that he has the right to speak his mind, just as you do. Apparently, you misread my post. I have over 30 years in the Military, Army to be exact, with more deployments than this kid has been alive. It is a hard life and leaves very little room for people who fight the system. If that was allowed, and I believe that it is nowadays, we will end up with more dead or jailed for crimes Servicemembers than ever before.

My Sincere apologies for having misread your post.I told you not to judge and here i am prejudging. I am sorry.
It is an emotional topic when details are included, People are no longer at ease with the decisions being made by those in powerful places, and are getting a sense that something isn't right. The calm before the storm.

I have to thankyou for including what you have here because people need to hear that from those protecting them, its important. And as another poster said, Soldiers are like everyone else, they feel and they know what's going on is often times wrong, and held accountable when sh*t hits the fan and someone is forced to be a fallboy for those who dont want to dirty their own hands all for reputation sake, while pushing men and women beyond their limits, mentally and physically.

Thankyou for your thoughts on this, and quotes.

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 06:25 PM
link   

Don’t worry about it, but I appreciate it. I always walk away from the computer if a news article, blog or post gets me emotional. I try to take time to think about it as I hate being hypocritical, but it does happen from time to time.

I’ve heard Adam speak, and for some reason, he just goes against my grain. Maybe he’ll be a better politician than a Marine, but I doubt it.

top topics

join