It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

16th century painting supposedly depicting a ufo over the deceased virgin mary plus ufo footage

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 03:51 AM
link   
I am familiar with many of the well known paintings from the past that supposedly depict ufos covered in previous threads here, however, I came across this one tonight and I have never seen it before and it looks very compelling. What is even more interesting is there is video footage that supposedly depicts orbs flying around the the area where the painting is located, which is in the Santa Prisca Church in Taxco, Mexico.

I embed the video, but I know that as soon as you guys hear James Maussan at beginning, most of you will get equally annoyed as I was and try to debunk it from the start. I believe he is a charlatan and a sensationalist that makes the field of ufology more of a joke every conference and video he speaks in-----I digress, thats another story for another thread.

If you can get past the fact Maussan is presenting this evidence like I did, I feel this video might actually bring something to the table. This can be a thread talking about the video footage as well as the painting, or if one feels to start a new thread just focusing on the ufo footage analysis in detail, then go for it. I was more interested in the painting. They begin talking about it at the 5:19 mark and explains its background.

edit on 17-5-2011 by Awalltheone because: title change

edit on 17-5-2011 by Awalltheone because: typo

edit on 17-5-2011 by Awalltheone because: typo

edit on 17-5-2011 by Awalltheone because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 04:40 AM
link   
Not that I'm an expert on Christian art but other depictions of the virgin Mary death show Christ and angels descending from heaven and collecting her soul.

Like this:

The painting in the OP could be merely the interpretation of whichever artist who painted it.

Also, if it was a UFO that had come collect her, why doesn't it show up in other paintings?

edit on 17/5/11 by Chadwickus because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 04:54 AM
link   
i seen this

theres a few with our little green buddies in them

theres a great crucifiction one with ufo in too

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 04:56 AM
link   
Lets face it, paintings aren't like photographs, they will be made long after the event and most likely by people who weren't there so it's all artistic interpretation.

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 05:32 AM
link   
reply to post by moonrunner

true .... it still happens today , check out the 'obl' pics

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 07:06 AM
link   
Those spheres looked like ballons to me.

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 07:09 AM
link   
These are obviously painted depictions of Chinese lanterns.

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 07:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Awalltheone

Religious paintings follow certain rules to represent things that are not easy (or even possible) to represent, that's why they have so many strange (to those that do not know how to read them) symbols.

Look at it as a kind of 16th century religious leet speak.

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 08:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Chadwickus
Not that I'm an expert on Christian art but other depictions of the virgin Mary death show Christ and angels descending from heaven and collecting her soul.

Not only her SOUL.

But also her BODY.

According to the belief of Christians of the Roman Catholic Church, the Eastern Catholic Churches, Eastern Orthodoxy, Oriental Orthodoxy, and parts of the Anglican Communion and Continuing Anglicanism, the Assumption of Mary was the bodily taking up of the Virgin Mary into Heaven at the end of her life. The Roman Catholic Church teaches as dogma that the Virgin Mary "having completed the course of her earthly life, was assumed body and soul into heavenly glory."

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 08:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Chadwickus

Yeah. OR... Your painting could just be an artists depiction of a UFO. Look at that thing jesus is riding in... Looks like a space craft that opens up or dematerializes part of it as it comes in for a landing. Or it goes see-through so Jesus can see through it. The angels are just an artists depiction of the propulsion system. If something was carried by a force you don't understand, you might say it was carried by angels, and you might draw it that way too. Just wanted to put that possibility out there.

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 08:59 AM
link   
reply to post by ZackMorris

Oh, well In that case, he's actually riding a surf board!

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 10:35 AM
link   
This painting proves that Jesus went to the Lost World and tended to the tribes of intelligent dinosaurs!

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/b2a7b1fbb3cf.jpg[/atsimg]

join