It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

conspiracy theorists and reader, jobless and uneducated ?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 10:39 PM
link   
Please don't be offended (yet?) by the topic title, but always when I'm reading forums, or talking to people about the Masons, illuminati, government, it always comes clear that 8 out of 10 never finished school and/or is unemployed.

Now, I would like to ask, why is it that mostly uneducated (or poorly educated) or jobless people are so attracted by "conspiracy theory's" ?

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 10:41 PM
link   
reply to post by notimportant

Really? Hmm...I think you should check out the ATS user survey. www.abovetopsecret.com...

As for me, got college under my belt.

What about yourself?

edit on 16-5-2011 by seeker11 because: (no reason given)

ETA Have been working in various job since I was 16 years old.
Everything from secretarial, customer service, food, and television, but most recently I moved to the US and had a baby, 7 months, I am now staying at home raising him. But I expect I will be working again in the near future.

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 10:44 PM
link   
Yeah, circumstances mean I'm unemployed and have tried my damndest since finding myself that way but I got college education under my belt and have always been interested in other people's theories and opinions since childhood.

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 10:45 PM
link   
employed. could go to college but don't want to. i have other plans.

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 10:46 PM
link   
I have some college though I never bothered to finish it. Never saw the point nor ever wanted to go to college. I was just following the crowd/bandwagon.

Now I just go to libraries and read, much cheaper and meaningful that way.

BTW, have you seen the ATS survey results?

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 10:48 PM
link   
According to the 2011 ATS User Survey, 8% of ATS members are unemployed and 13% have not attended college. Please fact check before posting, thanks.

link   
I am lucky to be a stay at home mom but I have a Master's Degree in Education.

link   

Originally posted by bradychick
I am lucky to be a stay at home mom but I have a Master's Degree in Education.

are you going to teach your children?

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 10:51 PM
link   
Once upon a time college meant something. Now any fool can go and get a liberal arts degree with subject matter that is pointless. So unless we are talking about a degree with some merit what does college matter? As for the unemployed angle, I am and I used to build encoders for MRI machines. I worked on high tech gadgets, the place I last worked at was building a component for the now canceled replacement for the F-16. So does that mean I am some ignorant lout?

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 10:52 PM
link   
The recent ATS survey*, as posted already, really conflicts with your opinion. Not only am I college educated, work, am married, etc., I know many people who are even better off than me, college educated or not, being open to conspiracy theories. Seems you are falling for the MSM stereotypes. That or are quickly judging before investigating...
I suggest more study on your "people" of question.

*Shows that ATS has more college educated and people that make 40,000 per year plus posting here, than the stereotypical "jobless uneducated bum living in mommie's basement"
edit on 16-5-2011 by dreamingawake because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 10:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by seeker11

Really? Hmm...I think you should check out the ATS user survey. www.abovetopsecret.com...

As for me, got college under my belt.

What about yourself?

ETA Have been working in various job since I was 16 years old.
Everything from secretarial, customer service, food, and television, but most recently I moved to the US and had a baby, 7 months, I am now staying at home raising him. But I expect I will be working again in the near future.

I've got 2 educations, one in business and economics, and a other in graphic design. In september I'm going to study "psychology". I once had a job in a car graphic studio, but I hated it because of the team which consisted of arrogant "design" snobs. Now I work in a launderette, earn more money and have a nicer team to work with.

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 10:54 PM
link   
I work 35 hours a week at a back breaking job from 6:30 AM to 3:30 PM... Then I go to my college classes 4 days a week (usually right from work).

I always find time for ATS.

People without jobs, and people who aren't students have more time to research conspiracies, and they have more time to author well thought out threads. Don't be fooled.. it can be a full time job for some of the top posters I'm sure.
edit on 5/16/2011 by Drezden because: (no reason given)

link   
Jobless, perhaps. Uneducated, hardly.
There are things you can't learn in school sonny.

link   
reply to post by ChaosMagician

Yes, I teach my children using a home school program. I taught for five years before my husband and I decided that I would stay home.

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 10:57 PM
link   
Because educated ppl have debts and less incline to spend their free time gathering knowledge about Groom lake or coronal mass ejections. Usualy, they use the free time paying their student loan with a part time job.

Theres tons of reasons.

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 10:57 PM
link   
I'm not offended...and I am not unemployed nor uneducated.

I have a college degree and I have always worked and I am currently employed...also have some sideline money makers going too.

I think the bulk of the people that you find unemployed and under educated are those still in school or college and have not gotten their first job yet.

The rest of the people you find in that demographic of unemployed/under educated are those that may have lost a job and are having a hard time dealing with it and are blaming some "conspiracy" for their hardships.

For the most part, the majority of the the threads I read...emphasis on "those threads I read" are well written by well educated people. Generally, the subject and substance of a thread or response can alert you to the mental depth of those writing or responding.

Generally, most of the "conspiracy theorists" are well read across a wide range of topics...politics, history, geography, geology, mythology, astronomy, astrology, military, and so on....

Unfortunately, some threads lower the bar... for instance, a thread back in late winter wondered if anyone else noticed that the sun was not where it was just a few weeks earlier in rising... the obvious answer of earth tilt and changing of seasons was ignorred for some absurd approaching cataclysm. Just saying....

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 10:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by bradychick
reply to post by ChaosMagician

Yes, I teach my children using a home school program. I taught for five years before my husband and I decided that I would stay home.

I am wondering if you receive any kind of compensation or perhaps tax breaks for not using public school systems.

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 11:00 PM
link   
I went through college. I'm a musician.

I wen't through the english school system since the age of 7 without speaking a single word of english. Now I speak 4 languages fluently, 5 if you count music

In my view it would be more likely for "uneducated" people to not believe in conspiracy theories since they would be likely to just stick with whatever the mass media tells them.

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 11:00 PM
link   

In september I'm going to study "psychology"
The "psychology" of whom may I ask? Or are you simply going to learn how to generalize/quantize the entire human race and every brain on Earth into a neat little package, and then label anyone outside that box as "mentally unhealthy"? Thought so.

edit on 16-5-2011 by ChaoticOrder because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 11:01 PM
link   
Professional.

Self Employed.

Highly Skilled.

9/11 was an inside job.

Oswald was not a "lone nut".

"UFO" aren't just swamp gas.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join