It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

conspiracy theorists and reader, jobless and uneducated ?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 11:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by notimportant
Please don't be offended (yet?) by the topic title, but always when I'm reading forums, or talking to people about the Masons, illuminati, government, it always comes clear that 8 out of 10 never finished school and/or is unemployed.

Now, I would like to ask, why is it that mostly uneducated (or poorly educated) or jobless people are so attracted by "conspiracy theory's" ?

Why am I laughing at the "8 out of 10" part of Notimportant's post, reminds me of the *4 out of 5 dentists approve* thng.

Most Useless thread EVA!

NO S&F FOR YOU

edit on 16-5-2011 by hapablab because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 11:03 PM
link   
reply to post by ChaosMagician

Nope, I do not, in fact I pay for each of their programs.

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 11:08 PM
link   
Highschool educated - plus extra tafe.
Gainfully employed for the entire time since leaving. (me)

a) perhaps conspiracy theorists are too smart for the rest of 'em...
or
b) a lack of curriculum education or employment has led to a more independent way of thinking - more time spent worryin' about important things instead of busting your gut for the 'Boss'
c) without rigid teaching less chance of being brainwashed by the Establishment...?

Perhaps all of the above?
But there would be so many individual reasons too, so you cannot generalize

Wag.

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 11:23 PM
link   
I seriously HATE actually being able to say, "I told you so" time and time again these days.

No college: entrepreneur here.

I spent my time digging ditches while the idiots were in class.

They told me to go to school countless times because I was "too smart to do nothing with my life".

Well, I've been saving and purchasing silver for the last few years.

Auto-didactically studying aquaponics, gray-water recycling, and biofuel setups.

Plan on getting some land within the next couple of years, starting up a self-sustainable & profitable micro-community.

My college buddies are mostly beyond broke, massively in debt, and working the same dead end jobs.

They remember next to nothing from school, and it's certainly not applicable in what most are doing these days.

I got my GED 11 years ago and knew that school was BS.

Learned more out in the street smoking something fanciful than a whole year listening to that nonsense.

The teacher stands in front of the class But the lesson plan he can't recall The student's eyes don't perceive the lies Bouncing off every [snip]ing wall His composure is well kept I guess he fears playing the fool The complacent students sit and listen to some of that Bull# that he learned in school

RAGE AGAINST THE MACHINE!!!
edit on 16-5-2011 by unityemissions because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 11:28 PM
link   
Im knot unedyucated eferyfing I no i lernt it from the intornet..pleese ar yu trying to mayk me fink that im stoopid.!

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 11:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by JudasIscariot
Im knot unedyucated eferyfing I no i lernt it from the intornet..pleese ar yu trying to mayk me fink that im stoopid.!

nooooooooo..you're not stooopid

and your knot funny either.

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 11:42 PM
link   
reply to post by notimportant

Well if these people take what they believe as serious as some claim, why in the hell would they go against it? For example if they believed in the Illuminati, than why would they be employed and supporting the machine? Just my thought. Now I'm not sure why you assume 8 out of 10 are uneducated, just because someone did not finish school does not mean they are uneducated.

or to quote Mark Twain, "I've never let school interfere with my education."
edit on 16-5-2011 by Nobama because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 11:45 PM
link   
its simple really. jobless folks have plenty of time on their hands, and the first thing they look into after they lose their job is WHY they lost their job.

then one way or another the trail of bread crumbs usually leads them here.

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 12:59 AM
link   
currently attending college
employed
believer in the Ancient Alien Hypothosis
9/11 was an inside job
seen a bunch of UFOs

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 01:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by bradychick
reply to post by ChaosMagician

Nope, I do not, in fact I pay for each of their programs.

We have strange incentives in our laws.

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 04:13 AM
link   
British Army, Aircraft Technician...

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 04:36 AM
link   
Lets see...
I'm unemployed, live in the South in a trailer...am I a stereotypical ATS poster?

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 04:38 AM
link   
What a terrible thread, OP is just making assumptions, with intentions of discriminating.

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 09:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by HomerinNC
Lets see...
I'm unemployed, live in the South in a trailer...am I a stereotypical ATS poster?

Well, that's a good start Homer, being in the South and trailer and all, but you're not quite there yet.

You need a burnt out pickup truck or AMC pacer as a lawn ornament. It can also double as an indigenous plant environment right out there in the front yard.

An optional but complimentary decorative element might be a pile of tires and a waterheater, or an old toilet. If you're lucky maybe both

You also need three hound dogs under your built-on porch, at least one of which must drool constantly and run sideways. Added points are given if there are scorch-marks on his rear end from lighting off his farts.

Just a couple more things and you're going to be right in the club with the rest of us. Wind chimes made from beercans, several plastic buckets with bottoms blown out, a couple of engines up on the porch in various stages of dis-assembly.

If you can rent one of them bald kids who play the banjo, well man you are set and stylin as prime ATS member material.

Edit: Don't forget to tell city folk that you think "Pun" is a big word, ok?
edit on 17-5-2011 by mydarkpassenger because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 11:10 AM
link   
Well schools are a major brainwashing tool...
Many who study hard lose the ability to think. They store tons of information in their brains and not all of them can (properly) handle it.

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 12:03 PM
link   
Not utterly useless thread.
I've been unemployed for some time and actually I'm grateful for that because otherwise I wouldn't have opportunity and time to seek the truth behind the scenes (red pill). It's so easy to become jobless these days (especially when you quit... like I did
) Maybe next time the survey will look differently. Now, after that big update I have some job again but I've realized that I don't want a job. What I want is some self-sufficiency outta system. A little eco-farm seems to be the best way.
edit on 17/5/2011 by PapagiorgioCZ because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 02:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by mydarkpassenger

Originally posted by HomerinNC
Lets see...

Well, that's a good start Homer, being in the South and trailer and all, but you're not quite there yet.

You need a burnt out pickup truck or AMC pacer as a lawn ornament. It can also double as an indigenous plant environment right out there in the front yard.

An optional but complimentary decorative element might be a pile of tires and a waterheater, or an old toilet. If you're lucky maybe both

You also need three hound dogs under your built-on porch, at least one of which must drool constantly and run sideways. Added points are given if there are scorch-marks on his rear end from lighting off his farts.

Just a couple more things and you're going to be right in the club with the rest of us. Wind chimes made from beercans, several plastic buckets with bottoms blown out, a couple of engines up on the porch in various stages of dis-assembly.

If you can rent one of them bald kids who play the banjo, well man you are set and stylin as prime ATS member material.

Edit: Don't forget to tell city folk that you think "Pun" is a big word, ok?
edit on 17-5-2011 by mydarkpassenger because: (no reason given)

my goals in life.... minus the beer can windchimes.

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 02:09 PM
link   

Please don't be offended (yet?) by the topic title, but always when I'm reading forums, or talking to people about the Masons, illuminati, government, it always comes clear that 8 out of 10 never finished school and/or is unemployed.

Now, I would like to ask, why is it that mostly uneducated (or poorly educated) or jobless people are so attracted by "conspiracy theory's" ?

Yeah I've been wondering that too...

How come the majority of us are dumb broke losers?

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 02:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Signals

Yeah I've been wondering that too...

How come the majority of us are dumb broke losers?

because we don't play well with the system?

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 02:16 PM
link   
right now i'm working on 3 different music groups, one thrash metal band, a hiphop group and video game music.
but I guess we're all just un-educated slobs, right? so if you want boring games or less concerts, it can be arranged

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join