It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

moon landing hoax

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 5 2004 @ 10:33 PM
link   
You know what is the most convincing evidence that we went to the moon? The fact that the Soviet Union believed that we did it. With the space race in full effect, the Soviets were watching and critiquing our every move, yet they accepted that we landed on the moon. If they had thought for a moment that we hadnt, then they would have screamed bloody murder.

posted on Oct, 6 2004 @ 12:48 AM
link   
Maybe we will have to wait another 50-60 years or someone to put up 100 million challenge for a private funded moon landing.

posted on Oct, 6 2004 @ 07:56 AM
link   
I don�t wish to get involved in the moon-landing hoax debate, but I remember reading something a long time ago about the Apollo 11 astronauts not being alone up there.

This may or may not be pure BS, but it makes interesting reading:

ufocasebook.com...

posted on Oct, 8 2004 @ 03:29 PM
link   
I just found a funny cideo clip of the moon hoax.

Hoax Video

posted on Oct, 8 2004 @ 05:37 PM
link   
I don't believe in the 'moon landings were a hoax' idea/theory.

But in any case I was under the impression that various satellites were to go back to the moon starting at the end of this year and into next. One Japanese mission (if I recall correctly) will orbit and map the entire moon in fine enough resolution to show all the landing sites etc so hopefully this will put the idea to bed once and for all.

(....ok for almost all of us.....till the hoax story gets moved on and someone insists - with a straight-face - that the hoax was so complete that even the trails and footprints were faked!
)

The most plausible part of the question was (for me) always the radiation question but I think that has been satisfactorily answered in relation to the moon.

However as far as I can make out with today's tech it pretty much rules out any trip to Mars (unless the agencies and people concerned are prepared to take an extremely risky gamble heavily weighted against any success).

Unless someone knows better and would care to say so?

posted on Oct, 8 2004 @ 06:46 PM
link   

SminkeyPinkey
But in any case I was under the impression that various satellites were to go back to the moon starting at the end of this year and into next. One Japanese mission (if I recall correctly) will orbit and map the entire moon in fine enough resolution to show all the landing sites etc so hopefully this will put the idea to bed once and for all.

Nope, the JAXA moon mission has had several delays, it was planned to launch in 2004 but now its sometime in 2005. The Europe probe called SMART-1 will arrive at the moon in Nov/Dec 2004, It was launch in Sep 2003 but it took awhile to get there because the used an ion engine to save on costs. So hopefully we should start seeing new one-meter resolution pics within a month.

posted on Oct, 9 2004 @ 11:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Murcielago

SminkeyPinkey

Nope, the JAXA moon mission has had several delays, it was planned to launch in 2004 but now its sometime in 2005. The Europe probe called SMART-1 will arrive at the moon in Nov/Dec 2004, It was launch in Sep 2003 but it took awhile to get there because the used an ion engine to save on costs. So hopefully we should start seeing new one-meter resolution pics within a month.

- er what do you mean "Nope"!? You just conformed everything I said.

Are your eyes and mind working ok Murcielago?

[edit on 9-10-2004 by sminkeypinkey]

posted on Oct, 9 2004 @ 11:49 AM
link   

sminkeypinkey
- er what do you mean "Nope"!? You just conformed everything I said.
Are your eyes and mind working ok Murcielago?

My bad, I thought you said that the Japanese moon mission was happening this year, thats why I said Nope, but you didn't.

posted on Oct, 10 2004 @ 11:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Murcielago
My bad, I thought you said that the Japanese moon mission was happening this year, thats why I said Nope, but you didn't.

- No worries.

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join