It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

moon landing hoax

page: 2
0
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Aug, 3 2004 @ 07:20 AM
link   
After watching a recent documentary on Channel 5 (UK), I have changed my opinion regarding the conspiracy theory on the moon landing.

They covered, satisfactorily,

Photographic anomolies

Van Allen's Belt

Fluttering Flags

to name just a few.

This site goes into great detail on the subject of the moon landing:

Clavius

It's a lot of reading but it opens your eyes to rationality.

[edit on 3-8-2004 by Koka]




posted on Aug, 3 2004 @ 07:32 AM
link   
I think this quote says it all :-

(from Koka's Van Allen Belt link above)


"The recent Fox TV show, which I saw, is an ingenious and entertaining assemblage of nonsense. The claim that radiation exposure during the Apollo missions would have been fatal to the astronauts is only one example of such nonsense." -- Dr. James Van Allen





[edit on 3-8-2004 by muppet]



posted on Aug, 3 2004 @ 12:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by muppet
I think this quote says it all :-

(from Koka's Van Allen Belt link above)


"The recent Fox TV show, which I saw, is an ingenious and entertaining assemblage of nonsense. The claim that radiation exposure during the Apollo missions would have been fatal to the astronauts is only one example of such nonsense." -- Dr. James Van Allen


your missing the point of my argument-do you think that because his name is van allen that he is immune from the prospect of having the barrel of an m-16 shoved in his mouth?what i am trying to say is that the military can make ANYONE say ANYTHING they want-no one is immune to death-you cannot convince someone who knows the truth to accept a lie-how do i know? common sense and observation-step back and look at the big picture and it is really quite obvious-the discrepencies pointed out by the hoax camp were not manufactured merely realized through observation-




[edit on 3-8-2004 by muppet]



posted on Aug, 3 2004 @ 12:30 PM
link   
Sunofone, What about the Russians?



posted on Aug, 3 2004 @ 12:48 PM
link   
Sunafone,

If you had even a half a smidgen of the common sense you claim to have applied in this case, you would realise that you can't shut that many people up, particularly smart people like these.

You would also realise that pictures that could only have been taken on the moon, must therefore have been taken on the moon.

btw... you're still having trouble with your quotes.



posted on Aug, 3 2004 @ 12:59 PM
link   
Ah also the few hundred kilograms of Lunar Rock/Soil samples that would be impossible to re-create on Earth.

Nor is knowledge of Radiation or the Van Allen belts any sort of mystical secret. Its all public domain, there are tens of thousands (hundreds of thousands? millions?) of people working in fields relating to the effects of radiation and the nature of the van allen belts. As HowardRoark mentioned, the Russians also passed many craft through the belts well before the Apollo program. Or did all the russians and everyone working in the field since also have an m-16 in their mouth?



posted on Aug, 3 2004 @ 01:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kano
Or did all the russians and everyone working in the field since also have an m-16 in their mouth?


No Kano, Being loyal cumrades, the Russian scientists preferred to have AK-47s in their mouths.



(my appologies to e.e. cummings
)



posted on Aug, 3 2004 @ 01:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kano
Ah also the few hundred kilograms of Lunar Rock/Soil samples that would be impossible to re-create on Earth.

Nor is knowledge of Radiation or the Van Allen belts any sort of mystical secret. Its all public domain, there are tens of thousands (hundreds of thousands? millions?) of people working in fields relating to the effects of radiation and the nature of the van allen belts. As HowardRoark mentioned, the Russians also passed many craft through the belts well before the Apollo program. Or did all the russians and everyone working in the field since also have an m-16 in their mouth?




the one russian cosmonaut that even came close to leaving the saftey of the vab said that the radiation was so strong he could see it passing through his shut eyelids--my honest opinion about russia is one nobody here would want to hear-as i am convinced the nwo has been in control since the 1700's and has financed both sides of all wars-only the elite on both sides are aware and the masses are oblivious-its all theatre awaiting the final act-after which they come out of hiding and rule like gods on mt olympus-only after the cdc releases the coming plagues and reduces the population by 9/10-if this is new to you then you are surely not elite and will be exterminated as scheduled-this is a free download and is a must see-click on the chosen format and click "save as"

www.archive.org...

www.infowars.com...



posted on Aug, 3 2004 @ 02:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sunofone
the one russian cosmonaut that even came close to leaving the saftey of the vab said that the radiation was so strong he could see it passing through his shut eyelids-


OK, now I am confused. Are you claiming that the Van Allen belts are the safe place to be?


E_T

posted on Aug, 3 2004 @ 03:38 PM
link   
About topic:
www.solarviews.com...


Originally posted by Sunofone
....all wars-only the elite on both sides are aware and the masses are oblivious-its all theatre awaiting the final act-after which they come out of hiding and rule like gods on mt olympus-only after the cdc releases the coming plagues and reduces the population by 9/10-if this is new to you then you are surely not elite and will be exterminated as scheduled-this is a free download and is a must see-click on the chosen format and click "save as"

They don't need any of those, this "free" market/capitalism and globalization subjugates everything under control of money.

www.globalissues.org...
cyberjournal.org...

It's like US administration, when you look connections what ministers have it's sure that it doesn't represent people, only multinational corporations.
www.opensecrets.org...



posted on Aug, 4 2004 @ 09:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sunofone
the one russian cosmonaut that even came close to leaving the saftey of the vab said that the radiation was so strong he could see it passing through his shut eyelids


It would be nice if Sunofone could explain the exact processes here. What type of radiation are we talking about? How was it possible for the cosmonaut to see this radiation at all, not just to be able to see it though his shut eyelids.



posted on Aug, 4 2004 @ 04:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by HowardRoark

Originally posted by Sunofone
the one russian cosmonaut that even came close to leaving the saftey of the vab said that the radiation was so strong he could see it passing through his shut eyelids


It would be nice if Sunofone could explain the exact processes here. What type of radiation are we talking about? How was it possible for the cosmonaut to see this radiation at all, not just to be able to see it though his shut eyelids.

LMAO!
The only type of radiation that a person can see with their eyes (or "through...shut eyelids") is visible light. All other forms of radiation (including the relatively close waves of Infrared and UV) are invisible to the human eye, open or shut.
Once again, Sunofone, please stop posting information that is based entirely on cr@p-science (this "fact" that you state isnt even pseudo-science, it's pure cr@p).
The more you post the more ignorant you make yourself out to be



posted on Aug, 5 2004 @ 03:31 AM
link   
Surely if the Moon landings where a hoax (I BELIEVE THEY HAPPENED) Then the so called faked moon sets would look like the best special effects lunar landscapes of their day(60's). They do not look like anything from 2001 a space odyssey or any other "Science Fiction " movie of that period.



posted on Aug, 5 2004 @ 07:51 AM
link   
First to everone who is trying to show that the moon landing was real .
your trying to convince these people who dont want convincing.
pluse some few of these people could be there and still say it was faked thats just how determined they are so realy were wasting our time trying to convince them it was real . I personly have meet people who say the shuttle launches were fake and go on to say we cant even launch rockets at all. Or corse they also probly think the web is fake along with sat tv.
PS heres my two cents van allen (BELTS . humm instresting word there BELTS now why do you think they called them belts? and not val allen SPHER? humm .is it just possibly that we could go around them ? HUMM?
after they just circly the earth not incircle it .Now im not saying we dident go throught them but I am saying if it had turned out not possible to do that we could GO AROUND them . look it up there just like the rings of saturn.



posted on Aug, 5 2004 @ 08:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sunofone

[

Likewise, Sunofone, your opinion is not valued (at least by me), so (to use your own words) there is no need for you to talk.
Read, research the facts, facts based upon provable scientific method. Get rid of your pseudo-science, get rid of your reliance upon paranoid conspiracies. Check out the actual *science* behind what you are talking about, and you will see that the cosmic radiation beyond the VAB isnt that big of a deal when proper measures are taken.

When talking about the moon landings (notice the plural, for there was more than one), opinions matter not, speculation matters not.

Proven science is the only thing that matters, for the rest is pure unfounded easily dismissed rhetoric and opinion.
And no, opinion does not constitute a provable theory.

Im not trying to flame here, only trying to point you in the right direction. The Provable direction.



the BOTTOM LINE is that the whole issue lies in the scientific establishments claim that beyond the van allen radiation belt the cosmic radiation can be endured by the type of craft that was used in apollo--the two camps can be divided into one of either 2 groups--1-those that believe the establishments claim of nonlethal radiation beyond the VARB and are convinced we went to the moon and everything is legitamate--2-those that feel the military machine strong armed the scientific establishment into misinforming the public because of national security and everything has been faked------------THE ONLY WAY TO RESOLVE THIS IS TO VENTURE BEYOND THE BELTS AGAIN--

how many years are we going to have to wait before we go again?40-50yrs--100yrs-why???????????????????????????????????????????????????...
slate.msn.com...








This article talk only about radiation near earth (orbit of Mir and ISS stations) nothing about space between earth and moon.

So can you find to me someything that we are looking for.

Also they forgot say a word abot magnetic protection that earth have.

Do you know on what distance is magnetic wave protection???

Also now we have many difrent alloyes to protect people in space that we did not have in 60s.

In 60s we had only lead, which is ho heavy to launch in space.



posted on Aug, 5 2004 @ 08:27 AM
link   
SC4 is right, the Apollo missions didn't go straight through the thickest part of the belts. Either Clavius or BadAstronomy (maybe both?) cover this.



posted on Aug, 5 2004 @ 08:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Koka

This site goes into great detail on the subject of the moon landing:

Clavius

[edit on 3-8-2004 by Koka]


I hate to say but this site is worst of all that i read.
It give you no real facts about radiation, only many many words.

Can you find sometion more intresting....(more facts)



posted on Aug, 5 2004 @ 08:41 AM
link   
This is about the 50th thread about the moon landing being a hoax... The assertions used to support it being a hoax are just bad science, and (as seen above, stubborn ignoring of this, even from the horse's mouth...such as Van Allen himself.)
Check the archives, then make up your own mind, as just about everything that can be said on either side, HAS been said.

Someone needs to lock this thread....



posted on Aug, 5 2004 @ 09:17 AM
link   



posted on Aug, 5 2004 @ 09:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok
This is about the 50th thread about the moon landing being a hoax... The assertions used to support it being a hoax are just bad science, and (as seen above, stubborn ignoring of this, even from the horse's mouth...such as Van Allen himself.)
Check the archives, then make up your own mind, as just about everything that can be said on either side, HAS been said.

Someone needs to lock this thread....


Agreed. Isn't this thread in violation of the terms and conditions?

1.) You will not post any material that is knowingly false, misleading, or inaccurate.


Come to think of it, aren't all the threads along this line in violation as well? From now on we should punish those who start these things by banning them from the space forum.



new topics

top topics



 
0
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

log in

join