It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do THEY want us to watch this NG TV show?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 12:08 PM
link   
I was a tad amused but also perplexed when I was reading the digest for Federal News Radio this morning. The last little blurb was:

If you ever wanted to know just what to do when aliens invade Earth, have no fear. National Geographic has your back. The television channel will air "When Aliens Attack" next week. It will examine plans to combat an alien invasion with insight from top defense experts. Astrophysicists, weapon designers, military strategists, biologists and anthropologists break down the likely sequence of events mankind would face, and collaborate on ways to survive an extraterrestrial attack. Here's a hint: they believe major cities would be attacked first. Then, the invaders will attack our civilization's infrastructure. The program is scheduled to air Thursday and Friday, May 19th and 20th.

I thought it was kind of a strange place to promote the show among all the little tidbits about government cloud computing and congressional bs. Then it dawned on me. Maybe THEY want us to watch this for whatever reason. THEY could be the aliens as in "hey, don't even bother to fight" or THEY could be the Government saying "hey, this is what you can do" or even "hey, don't even bother to fight."

Nothing like feeling paranoid and manipulated first thing in the morning!

I think someone did mention either this or a similar show in another thread but I am not so much posting because of the show itself but because of the very weird place the show was announced.
edit on 5/16/2011 by angrywhitechick because: Added to subject for clarity

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 12:27 PM
link   
wow there is more and more warning from the goverment theese days with them saying a huge earthqauke is likely then advertising this show and here in oregon we are doing evac and emergency tunami drills for two weeks straight weird

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 12:30 PM
link   
I saw this advertised on Discovery channel, I think it's advertised for tonight in the UK (Nat Geo), though I don't have the channel. Much hope for someone to post it in some magical cyber fashion.

edit on 19/03/2011 by tinfoilSIB because: no reason

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 12:31 PM
link   
Looks like this is gonna be a really busy weekend. So this airs on the 19th and 20th. The 21st is "supposed" to be the rapture according Family News Radio and Harold Camping. On the 22nd Anonymous is supposed to launch Operation UFO to hoax mass UFO sightings. And on the 23rd NBC airs the season (and sadly, the series) finale of The Event titled "The Arrival". Right now I'm hoping all these dates are a bit of a coincidence. Gonna stock up on the popcorn because this weekend is gonna be a helluva ride.

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 12:32 PM
link   
Its on NG tonight here in the UK at 9pm. Sounds like it could be fun.

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 12:36 PM
link   
History channel and Nat Geo channel are going Alien crazy right now.

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 12:40 PM
link   
reply to post by MiTS1965

Could you come back and tell me if this is worth watching for survival tips or should I just hide under the bed when they start blowing up cities?
Seriously, would love to know if you think it is worth watching.

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 12:48 PM
link   
Its a 2 hour double part feature thing by the looks of it! So they are going in hard on it all, 1st part is tonight 2nd part maybe tomorrow or next week.

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 12:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Terrormaster

There was also a thread started in the last couple of days in another forum that someone was told that there was supposed to be a terrorist attack in D.C. On May 20th. I have searched and searched but could not find it. While it sounded like someone was being hoaxed I also thought of that when I saw your post listing what a busy week it is supposed to be.

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 12:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Idonthaveabeard

Do you think this is because this is what the popular culture is demanding right now? Or do you think we are being led?

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 01:04 PM
link   
I think its very strange that The History Channel and National Geographic, two very well known and (formerly, imo) knowledgeably prestigious credible forms of media are turning all scifi and apocalyptic?? Or maybe it is just for entertainment purposes? If so that's pretty sad.

Also, it's weird that this show is being aired on the 19th and 20th, the day before the "Big Rapture." I also saw a thread about anon faking an alien invasion the day after or something. Just throwin that out there....
edit on 16-5-2011 by matrixportal because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 01:04 PM
link   
reply to post by tinfoilSIB

Yes, give us a run down on it. I just keep thinking the UFO invasion thing would be a great cover for some country to just bomb whoever they want and make it appear as a UFO invasion. Dress up a bunch of Drones to look like UFOs with strobe lights. Since bin Ladens dead we need a new boogie man. The fact that Nat Geo is doing this and not the Si fi channel, even makes the possibiltily sound even more of a possibility.

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 01:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by angrywhitechick

Could you come back and tell me if this is worth watching for survival tips or should I just hide under the bed when they start blowing up cities?
Seriously, would love to know if you think it is worth watching.

No problem. Its 2 hours long so I hope I'm still awake at the end.

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 01:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Idonthaveabeard
Its a 2 hour double part feature thing by the looks of it! So they are going in hard on it all, 1st part is tonight 2nd part maybe tomorrow or next week.

My programme guide says its the full 2 hour version tonight. 21:00-23:00.

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 01:15 PM
link   
reply to post by tamenie

I am curious...who is running or sponsoring the drills?

Do they want everyone to partcipate or is it just law enforcement?

I imagine it makes everyone a little on edge.

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 02:17 PM
link   
I'm not even sure if I have that channel.

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 04:46 PM
link   

Yea it will be a 2 part 2 hour series, so 4 hours in total.

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 04:53 PM
link   

I'm not sure about that. I *think* it's a couple of one hour episodes, shown back to back. At least that's what NG's web site seems to suggest - i.e. it lists the dates of the next episodes, which are actually repeats of whats on tonight.

As the person that owns the TV and pays for Sky, I get absolutley no say what-so-ever in what gets watched! I've recorded it...

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 05:02 PM
link   

Its just finished and I fail to see how there could be a follow up 2 hour prog given how it ended. I won't give out any spoilers here though.

It certainly kept me interested though. Think Independence Day made as a documentary.

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 05:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by matrixportal
I think its very strange that The History Channel and National Geographic, two very well known and (formerly, imo) knowledgeably prestigious credible forms of media are turning all scifi and apocalyptic?? Or maybe it is just for entertainment purposes?

Ratings, Ratings, Ratings!! Like Mel Brooks admitted in SpaceBalls: It's all about merchandising. SpaceBalls T-shirts, SpaceBalls the breakfast cereal, SpaceBalls action figures, etc., etc.

In this case, it's capitalizing on trendy public sentiment to drive ratings up - and win over those hard-earned advertising dollars. Instead of SpaceBalls, it's EYEBalls! The more the better...

p.s. Yes, of course, I'll watch it (but will mute the ads, muhahahaha) - and what will I be watching for? Any hint at genuine OFFICIAL policy on how humanity is really planning for any kind of invasion/disclosure/visit, etc.

What IS the official policy anyway? We keep hearing there is none, because UFO's are fiction. Well that's an awful stupid contingency plan, isn't it? What if the little green critters actually show up with their death rays, hmmm? Will the UN and all TPTB world governments just get on tv and say to us, "Ooops - sorry - we didn't think they actually existed...".

I call BS on that. There IS a plan. There MUST BE a plan. Well - where is it? Why can't WE see it? What are they hiding it for?

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join