It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Shock of the black couple who had a white baby

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 05:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by SophyC76
Multiple Choices:
A. the kid is albino
B. she cheated
C. zomg miracle

if this was a test i'd take my chances with A or B

You forgot
D. recessive gene - someone, somewhere in the history of the family, was white.

I knew a girl once, whose family was black, all checked out that she was their true daughter, just a recessive gene. She grew up very rebellious, being the odd one out.

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 05:03 PM
link   
There are quite afew cases like this in Africa and the USA, even among Hispanics having a very caucasian child.

I recall in the 1970s, father is African, mother is Asian and child popped out Caucasian....the Apartheid Govt in SA at the time took the child off the parents.

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 05:05 PM
link   
he looks too bright in color to be half black but not in features. his features are black... he looks a lot like his brother.
usually mulattos are tan and tawny colored... this is something different.

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 05:05 PM
link   
reply to post by schuyler

What you say is true according to my Mum, dhe was an ObGyn nurse for years.
I wonder if this is just a case of a mutant chromosome or ???
Neat stuff either way.
But I sure hope Daddy had and has a level head until all can be splained to him.
Otherwise....
JERRY, JERRY, JERRY!

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 06:00 PM
link   
or if anyone is familar with uncle ruckus, then this is an obvious case of re-vitaligo!!

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 06:09 PM
link   
If there was really no infidelity that happened (and I think there was really none, the child doesn't even look half-black, he's just too fair), I could just imagine the shock of both the parents, especially the mother. But it's a good thing they trust each other and accepted that it was just a work of science. I just hope the kid grows up with a supportive family.

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 11:14 PM
link   
Doctors have ruled out Albino as he does not have skin pigment or hair pigment issues.

This is my friends, a lovely example of evolution. We all came from the same genetic source, and we are all so simmilar, a tiney flick of the DNA and this sort of thing can happen. Extreemly rare of course.

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 01:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Sherlock Holmes

Exactly. White people came from somewhere. And in all likelihood its just something that randomly happens in darker skinned populations that just happened to really take off in the cold grey north where having less skin pigment was useful in terms of increasing Vitamin D production when you have to wear clothes all the time because its cold.

In the north having very dark skin can lead to Vitamin D deficiency,

news.medill.northwestern.edu...

“Individuals who have moderate to high dark skin color make much less vitamin D,” Kittles said. “There have been some interesting studies recently which suggest that almost 75 percent of African Americans are vitamin D insufficient, which has a lot of implications as it relates to health of African-Americans.”

Vitamin D deficiency is called a “hidden epidemic” for darker-skinned people who have more melanin in the skin. High levels of melanin reduce the body’s ability to make vitamin D from sunlight exposure. In African-Americans it is called eumelanin.

It can also lead to rickets. Over time, light skin just did better than dark skin in the north and became the norm.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join