It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

We Need To Close US/Mexico Border Now !!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 2 2004 @ 02:32 PM
link   
"The [Mexican] soldiers we captured on tape have been seen laying down suppression fire during the drug dealers' dash back across the border � this is not hyperbole � our guys are being fired upon from the other side of the border and they will not return fire. �".

worldnetdaily.com...

Heres another link that provides the amount of illegals crossing the border into the US. "The flood of undocumented immigrants, some 1,500 a day, has created an economic and social crisis, for...the United States of America, but in particular, the Tohono O�odham Indian Nation". I do not know if this number is the total number of illegals entering the US or if this is just the number of illegals entering the Arizona/Mexico Border. But 1500 unknown people enter our country everyday ir ridiculous and we are told to feel safe. We need to close the borders as soon as possible, right now.

www.useless-knowledge.com...

I am almost willing to vote for anyone if they will close the borders. It should be the first step fighting terrorism. Out of 1500 illegals a day, 547,500 a year, how do we know that 19 of them are not entering our country to kill us by the thousands.

Does anyone have any info on the Border with Canada in regards to illegals crossing over to the US? I don't think border is a problem because its hard enough to get a package through Customs in Canada.

[edit on 3-8-2004 by John bull 1]

posted on Aug, 2 2004 @ 02:42 PM
link   
I will quite loudly and strongly second this. CLOSE THE BORDER! Build a real fence! And put some muscle into protecting it.

posted on Aug, 2 2004 @ 02:42 PM
link   
I couldn�t agree with you more. Yes we do need to close the U.S./Mexico boarder. Along with the Canadian boarder.

What we have done essentially is make it a lot more difficult for a person legally trying to enter this country. While do little or nothing for those wishing to illegally enter this country. I have an example of what stupidity this is but in another sense. In the UK they banned all guns for the general populous along with police officer can not carry fire arms.
The theory goes that if you take away the means to shoot someone violent crime will go down. The first year violent break in shot up over 300%. While you could not buy a gun legally you could very well buy a gun illegally. This is the same problem were facing with our boarders.

No or very few politicians are will do something about this well known problem because there too afraid of being labeled a racist.

posted on Aug, 2 2004 @ 02:47 PM
link   
There once was a politican running for president who made closing, and physical securing the borders a part of his campaign. He proposed building a real wall along the southern border, and arming border guards. Which is what we seem to be screaming for today.

Do you know who that politican was?
Pat Buchannan.

posted on Aug, 2 2004 @ 02:48 PM
link   
Umm if the US closed their borders then your economy will collapse. No offence but this has to be one of the dumbest ideas i've heard in a while... No one in and no one out. Sound familiar?

Does anyone have any info on the Border with Canada in regards to illegals crossing over to the US? I don't think border is a problem because its hard enough to get a package through Customs in Canada.

Umm the US and Canadian border is the longest undefended border in the world. Think about that for a sec...

posted on Aug, 2 2004 @ 02:59 PM
link   

Umm the US and Canadian border is the longest undefended border in the world. Think about that for a sec...

Exactly. Another reason we should shut it down. Seeing how Canada freely gives assylum to known terrorists, its about time we did something about it.

Ive said it before, and Ill say it again: the best solution here is to bring all those troops home from Iraq, and every troop stationed abroad. Instead of occupying other countries that have no benefit for us, they need to be along the borders patroling, and preventing crap like this.

posted on Aug, 2 2004 @ 03:08 PM
link   
I am in agreement here but I do have a couple of concerns:
1) We (at this time) are not economically independant enough to close our borders for more than a month Our oil reserves (if the Gov will release them) will only last us for 6 months at present consumption rates.
2) The closing of our borders would have been feasible 50 years ago (simialr to what China did), but now, with ICBM's etc, I believe that we would still need to keep a signicant presence so that we can at least have a heads up insted of only having about a 15 - 20 minute warning of ICBM launches.
There are a number of positives also with closing the borders though:
Most significantly, we can take care of our own internal issues such as corrupt politicians, our educational system, lower our crime rates etc.
Just my 2 cents

posted on Aug, 2 2004 @ 03:12 PM
link   
I have already shared a plausible and cheap answer that can be found here:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

I can only wonder what it would take for both (or all) parties to realize this has been a growing problem that will only serve to complicate matters still.

posted on Aug, 2 2004 @ 03:24 PM
link   
This was a very big sotry on the Orielly Factor which airs on FOX NEWS station. If it were up to me I must say the Mexican/USA border wouldnt be free trip for Aliens to sneak across. About 5 fences need to be put up with electric and bobbed wire. After each row of fenceing, Mine fields need to be layed down (About 100 yrds between fences) After the final fence a road needs to be built so Govt Vehicles can drive up and down with heavly loaded armor and guns. After the 5th fence and beyond the road a wall of concrete needs to be built where all security cameras can be monitered also watch towers can be put up. Armed troops also stay here incase of a mexican rade
. MORE NEEDS TO BE DONE WITH CONTROLLING OURBORDERS. Dont give in, they corss they get blown up. That should stop alot...dont ya think????

posted on Aug, 2 2004 @ 03:26 PM
link   
Of course, that would leave the Atlantic and Pacific wide open.

posted on Aug, 2 2004 @ 03:28 PM
link   
In order to eliminate all problems, you must start with the basic ones...hehe

posted on Aug, 2 2004 @ 03:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by sardion2000
Umm if the US closed their borders then your economy will collapse. No offence but this has to be one of the dumbest ideas i've heard in a while

I am certain that when we say close the borders, we are talking about the 100s of miles of wide open desert. I certainly would not eliminate all ports of entry as well. Making the unfenced wide open desert crossings completely secured is a part. The other part is to drastically increase security at the "legal" points of entry. We do need the legal points of entry. I simply want to see the illeagal crossing stopped.

Those of us who live in the southwest US near the border are probably more qualified to comment on the issue of the Mexican border.

posted on Aug, 2 2004 @ 04:01 PM
link   
The solution to the problem is to give the border patrol and coast guard the money they need to take care of the problem from all four sides by increasing the size of the orginizations and allowing them to have a way to buy the equipment to do their job.

If only a small fraction of the money that is going to Iraq was funneled to them instead then it would greatly increase their effectivness.

The national guard is not needed to patrol the border. The border patrol and coast guard needs the money to do the job. They have the know how, not the national guard, but their hands are tied.

How can the border patrol do their job when there are so few of them spaced accross the borders? Look at the border with Canada. Thousands of miles but only a border patrol agent here or there. The southern border is the same way (wide open) but not quite as bad because most of the border patrol is stationed there because there aren't a lot of Canadians crossing illegally because conditions are much better there than the countries to the south of us.

posted on Aug, 2 2004 @ 04:04 PM
link   
Here's another reason to secure the southern border.
Large groups of Arab men STILL crossing Mexican border

posted on Aug, 2 2004 @ 04:05 PM
link   
this would not help
it a joke there are plenty of other ways of entering the country trust me

posted on Aug, 2 2004 @ 04:14 PM
link   
What I'm tired of is people thinking that building a wall along the border means completly closing off all traffic. Basically what we need is a real wall along the border. We need to destroy the tunnels underground and place a concrete wall along the border. But we can still have checkpoints were you can get through, legally. I'm not opposed to legal immigration but its the illegals who drive me nuts. The reason I didn't vote for Buchannon was because he was going to completly close off immigration. As for the Canadian border I don't want to sound rasict but we never have problems with Canadians coming into the US. In fact its Americans going into Canada. The national guard could probably handle this. It would give them something to do besides just sit around waiting for another war.

posted on Aug, 2 2004 @ 04:16 PM
link   
Even when it seems like a good thing to do I mean closing the border, I will have to disagree not because I am in favor of the illegal immigrants but because the policies of this and past administrations with the Canadian and Mexican government will render this impossible.

If we build a wall we are not better than Israel and I am one that do not blame Israel at all for building that wall and remember US oppose the wall in Israel too.

We can not be isolated from the rest of the world or we will become not better than any countries that are under a dictatorship.

This nations policies are of freedom because we are a democratic nation, I have to agree that some of these policies is what got us into the tragedy of the 9/11, because our borders are not so closed after all.

[edit on 2-8-2004 by marg6043]

posted on Aug, 2 2004 @ 04:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by phreak_of_nature

Originally posted by sardion2000
Umm if the US closed their borders then your economy will collapse. No offence but this has to be one of the dumbest ideas i've heard in a while

I am certain that when we say close the borders, we are talking about the 100s of miles of wide open desert. I certainly would not eliminate all ports of entry as well. Making the unfenced wide open desert crossings completely secured is a part. The other part is to drastically increase security at the "legal" points of entry. We do need the legal points of entry. I simply want to see the illeagal crossing stopped.

Those of us who live in the southwest US near the border are probably more qualified to comment on the issue of the Mexican border.

If Sardion2000 read the link he/she might know we were talking about the US Mexico Border, i mentioned Canada because it is the longest undefended border to the US. Even if you do live in Canada im sure that 1500 illegals entered Canada a day would get your attention.

posted on Aug, 2 2004 @ 04:40 PM
link   
Totalitarian societies build walls. Free societies tear them down.

Remember the Berlin Wall? Remember Reagan's famous statement, "Mr. Gorbachev, tear down this wall."

posted on Aug, 2 2004 @ 04:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
We can not be isolated from the rest of the world or we will become not better than any countries that are under a dictatorship.

This nations policies are of freedom because we are a democratic nation, I have to agree that some of these policies is what got us into the tragedy of the 9/11, because our borders are not so closed after all.

[edit on 2-8-2004 by marg6043]

I'm not saying we need to isolate our selves from the rest of the world BUT we do need to stop people from entering illegaly. 1500 a day! Arabs brought terror to the US with only 19 men killing 300+, what if it were 100? 100 terrorist could take out 3000+ Americans in several different cities all over the country. To know in the last year 547,000 illegals, half a million, have entered our country illegaly, how is that good for the economy. Im just saying something has to be done. Buchanan was half right, he just took it tooo far.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join