Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

We Need To Close US/Mexico Border Now !!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join

posted on Aug, 2 2004 @ 04:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by donguillermo
Totalitarian societies build walls. Free societies tear them down.

Remember the Berlin Wall? Remember Reagan's famous statement, "Mr. Gorbachev, tear down this wall."

Berlin wall was to keep people in and out, we just want to keep people out, ILLEGAL people out.

US/Mexico Borders is NOTHING like the Berlin Wall. Here a link that explains why the Berlin Wall was constructed and it wasn't to keep illegals out, more like to keep people in.

"Because of dissatisfaction with the economic and political conditions (forced collectivization of agriculture, repression of private trade, supply gaps), an increasing number of people left the GDR. From January to the beginning of August 1961, about 160,000 refugees were counted."
userpage.chemie.fu-berlin.de...

In Berlin, they counted 160,000 refugees trying to LEAVE the City in six months, In six months here in the US we have let in 273,750 illegals INTO. BIG DIFFERENCE.

[edit on 3-8-2004 by AntiPolitrix]

[edit on 3-8-2004 by AntiPolitrix]

posted on Aug, 2 2004 @ 05:01 PM
link   
Ugg whatever... I was trying to illustrate how much of a logistical nightmare(and how much Economic Damage would be done) it would be to completely seal off the US(with some POAs(Points of Access). And yeah I didn't really read the articles and I was just responding because of knee-jerk reasoning and I am sorry. It won't happen again.

But I ask you this. Even if the US succeeds in closing the US/Mexico border, how will you make sure that terrorists will not find some other way to get through the border check points, you will have to try to seal off unsecured POAs on all four borders. And even then there will still be ways to get through and do considerable damage. You americans are really in a tough spot right now and I really hope you guys succeed in getting your sense of security back, but I guess thats a long way off....

posted on Aug, 2 2004 @ 05:06 PM
link   

Remember the Berlin Wall? Remember Reagan's famous statement, "Mr. Gorbachev, tear down this wall."

The Berlin wall was to keep people in.

Wall - No Wall, what is relevant is securing that border. If we have to put border patrol agents every 100 yards to do so, GREAT! Hell hiring all of the border patrol needed would even solve the unemployment issue.

posted on Aug, 2 2004 @ 05:11 PM
link   
Closing the border? Are you people nuts?

What proof can anyone offer that these "arabs" crossing the border had anything to do with Al-Queda? What would closing our borders to neighbors accomplish that we haven't already screwed up?

What about rich Americans that want to enter Mexico to live more cheaply down south? Are they to be prevented as well....and what if they are of Arab origins? Huh????????

Just think for a minute. During a period of time that we should be concentrating on embracing others we would close our borders to all without any proof that what these people are doing is going to be harmful to America. This is a sad statement about our world today.

America has already been through its isolationist period. We need to be working WITH the world...not AGAINST it!!!!

posted on Aug, 2 2004 @ 05:15 PM
link   
Isolationism was our best friend. Its a period we need to embrace again. Working with the world? What about having nothing to do with it? Better ytet.

Who said anything about a wall? Im still in favor of the US military patroling the borders.

posted on Aug, 2 2004 @ 05:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by sardion2000
Ugg whatever... I was trying to illustrate how much of a logistical nightmare(and how much Economic Damage would be done) it would be to completely seal off the US(with some POAs(Points of Access). And yeah I didn't really read the articles and I was just responding because of knee-jerk reasoning and I am sorry. It won't happen again.

But I ask you this. Even if the US succeeds in closing the US/Mexico border, how will you make sure that terrorists will not find some other way to get through the border check points, you will have to try to seal off unsecured POAs on all four borders. And even then there will still be ways to get through and do considerable damage. You americans are really in a tough spot right now and I really hope you guys succeed in getting your sense of security back, but I guess thats a long way off....

Yea..sorry if i sounded rude, But something needs to be done and closing off a border that is letting 1500 people in a day is a start. I am nopt sure how we can make our borders totaly secure from terrorist. For one we would need workers at the POAs to check very carfully who they are letting in. Even if it takes several days, it is something that has to be done if we are going to keep the US safe.

posted on Aug, 2 2004 @ 05:24 PM
link   
Sorry Skadi, but I dont agree in the slightest. America has been in relative isolation during certain periods of our history such as between WWI and WWII, and even recently. Americas isolation is a direct cause of many of our own problems, and closing our borders is one step in the wrong direction (backwards)! We need to move forward as a nation, if not we are doomed.....

That is a fact.

posted on Aug, 2 2004 @ 05:26 PM
link   
Neither political party has the courage to close the Mexican border. More than enough stream across the Rio Grande each year than makes up the entire metropolitan area of Orlando.

Within a quarter of a decade, California whites will be a minority and Mexico will have effectively retaken California.

The city I live in is now 50% Mexican and Puerto Ricans and what was once an orderly town 25 years ago is now a crime-ridden hell-hole with drug-dealing Hispanics swarming the streets. Our town has become a sewer and as soon as my mother (who depends on me for support) passes away, I am moving to some place that these people don't live - if any towns in America are left like that by then.

Fortunately enough Cubans still control parts of the city to keep the others out. (Cubans have been great neighbors and good additions to our area. No one here resents the Cuban immigrants - and the Cubans can't stand the illegal animals either.)

posted on Aug, 2 2004 @ 05:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jazzerman
Closing the border? Are you people nuts?

What proof can anyone offer that these "arabs" crossing the border had anything to do with Al-Queda? What would closing our borders to neighbors accomplish that we haven't already screwed up?

AntiPolitrix-
19 Arabs, not German, not French, 19 Arabs killed 3000+ Americans on Sept.11th

What about rich Americans that want to enter Mexico to live more cheaply down south? Are they to be prevented as well....and what if they are of Arab origins? Huh????????

AntiPolitrix-
Like i said, we only want to stop illegals from entering, notice i said illegals not rich Americans

Just think for a minute. During a period of time that we should be concentrating on embracing others we would close our borders to all without any proof that what these people are doing is going to be harmful to America. This is a sad statement about our world today.

AntiPolitrix-
Do we need to embrace the 1500 illegals that enter the Southern US borders EVERYDAY? Did you answer with out reading the info?

America has already been through its isolationist period. We need to be working WITH the world...not AGAINST it!!!!

AntiPolitrix-
I want to isolate from Mexico...MEXICO....MEXICO. Read the thread and replies before you fire back at someone.

posted on Aug, 2 2004 @ 05:32 PM
link   
uscis.gov...

"INS estimates that the total undocumented population residing in the United States was 7.0 million in January 2000. Updated INS estimates are based on 2000 Census data, INS administrative data, and new methodology that for the first time shows annual trends in entries and departures of the undocumented resident population."

"The new report, available on the INS website at www.ins.gov... shows that the average undocumented resident population growth in the 1990s was 350,000 annually, roughly 75,000 per year higher than previous estimates."

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Seven million undocumented people in the country now folks. That's seven million people that dont belong here eating your tax dollars and sending all their extra money home to their country mostly Mexico.

posted on Aug, 2 2004 @ 05:33 PM
link   
Before I built a wall I'd ask to know
What I was walling in or walling out,
And to whom I was like to give offence.
Something there is that doesn't love a wall,
That wants it down.

-- Robert Frost, "Mending Wall"

posted on Aug, 2 2004 @ 05:34 PM
link   
If our borders are realy closed I will be very scare of our true democracy.

But I do agree something should be done to safeguard our nation in this trouble times.

posted on Aug, 2 2004 @ 05:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jazzerman
Sorry Skadi, but I dont agree in the slightest. America has been in relative isolation during certain periods of our history such as between WWI and WWII, and even recently. Americas isolation is a direct cause of many of our own problems, and closing our borders is one step in the wrong direction (backwards)! We need to move forward as a nation, if not we are doomed.....

That is a fact.

Sorry to get technical, but that is an OPINION. Like i said, i don't want to isolate US from the rest of the world, just Mexico. And thats not to say we wont trade with Mexico, we just don't want ILLEGAL ALIENS entering our country. It is very simple, you turning this into something it is not.

posted on Aug, 2 2004 @ 05:37 PM
link   
Im sorry but I dont think America has enough troops to "close" the borders.
There is far to big of an area to cover. The Troops are all over..

What about trade? We stop that too....

I see the plan to pump FEAR in to America is working..... We are going to see how great Bush is right before the election, which is now sometime......
He is going to fort an attempt of the attackers just in time to save millions... Then we can vote for him because he did such a GREAT job.......

posted on Aug, 2 2004 @ 05:38 PM
link   

Before I built a wall I'd ask to know
What I was walling in or walling out,
And to whom I was like to give offence.
Something there is that doesn't love a wall,
That wants it down.

-- Robert Frost, "Mending Wall"

Good fences make good neighbors.

-- Me

posted on Aug, 2 2004 @ 05:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by phreak_of_nature
Good fences make good neighbors.

-- Me

Actually, that line is also in the Frost poem. That is what Frost's neighbor says, and Frost disagrees with him.

posted on Aug, 2 2004 @ 06:06 PM
link   
AntiPolitrix....I stand by what I said. I do not think we should close our borders to Mexico either. I dont have the faintest clue why you thought I did not read that?

Anyhow, don't you believe that your freedom within the country will be limited as well? If you return from say Mexico, you will be questioned and interrogated. Plus, I dont want to live somewhere where people that enter our country are guilty before being proved innocent. If that happens you might as well kiss your freedoms goodbye.

Anyone realize that closing borders was one the signs of the rising Nazi party?

posted on Aug, 2 2004 @ 06:10 PM
link   

yeah, I remember that quote... the next quote I'd like to hear is...

President Bush " My fellow Americans Mexico and the rest of the world, I'm building that wall, if you don't like it, well then thats tough. "

[edit on 2-8-2004 by elevatedone]

posted on Aug, 2 2004 @ 06:15 PM
link   
I dont think the borders have to be closed. What I think needs to happen is they should be manned...the whole length of the border.

People should be free to come and go...as long as they have the proper documents- The way this government wastes money, its nothing to do this- Wouldnt you be for your money paying for this? I would be.

posted on Aug, 2 2004 @ 06:20 PM
link   
I think we just need to create "chokepoints" so that we can properly check out everybody coming into this country. And the only way to do this is probably by fence or wall with soldiers keeping guard.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join