It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Secret Desert Force Set Up by Blackwater's Founder

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 12:27 PM
link   
I remember reading about this happening in the Washington Post quite some time ago... Cheney and Halliburton were said to be relocating to the UAE as well so it was no surprise to me.... I had never heard of the UAE until 1976 when I was sorting international mail at the Terminal Annex post office in Dallas... I was amazed at the amount of personal correspondence going on between wealthy Texas oil men and businessmen in Dallas back then.

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 12:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Springheel Jack

I like that "Crimson Guard of the Saudis".

Reminds me of another Crimson Guard.

I can imagine that in Prince's heart he is still a loyal asset of the United States. Whatever he does over there ultimately will benefit the US in the long run, maybe not the plebians, but there will be patricians that benefit.

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 01:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Springheel Jack
Well let me see, Blackwater = ex-intelligence agency employees.

There are no doubt ex-CIA people in Blackwater, but by far the vast majority of line employees are ex-Special Forces and other ex-servicemen who have been trained to a high degree of proficiency in many weapons systems, then let go as no longer necessary. Their job skills do not translate well to the real world. They face a higher than normal unemployment rate and many have a great deal of difficulty going from what is the most exciting, interesting, stressful, physically challenging, dangerous, heart-thumping period of their lives to one of mundane boredom in the midst of people who have no idea what they did, don't appreciate their skills, and, in many cases, shun them. These guys are not just 'Baby Killers' either. In many cases what they did was completely honorable, including protecting civilians from enemy incursions and saving more live sthatn they ever took. Don't put them all in the same basket of your assumptions.

The two environments are so vastly different that it is difficult to find any comparisons whatsoever. So here they are RIF'd (Reduction in Force, High Year Tenure, whatever they call it this time) from the only job you've ever known into a world you really barely remember at all.

So what do they do? Join Blackwater (which is no longer its name, BTW), just like thousands of soldiers have done over thousands of years in the past, from Hessians in America to the Pharoh using Nubians in ancient Egypt and Ghadaffi using mercenaries today. Then we have the Lafayette Escadrille in WWI and the Flying Tigers in WW II.

Would you have "banned" the last two? And speaking of "banning" mercenaries. You and what army?

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 03:25 PM
link   
A little history of who they have trained. Taliban ,Iran and Sudan. And illegal transfers of weapons.

www.mcclatchydc.com...

State Department details Blackwater violations of U.S. laws

WASHINGTON — The company formerly known as Blackwater violated U.S. export control laws nearly 300 times, ranging from attempts to do business in Sudan while that country was under U.S. sanctions to training an Afghan border patrol official who was a native of Iran, the State Department said Monday.

The alleged violations were spelled out in documents released Monday by the State Department as part of a $42 million settlement with Blackwater that will allow the company, now known as Xe Services LLC, to continue receiving U.S. government contracts.

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 03:30 PM
link   
The Marine Corps was placing Marines on reserve status so they could hire out to corporate interest in Haiti, Mexico, Cuba, and many other places between WW1 and WW2... The CIA does more to benefit corporations than it does the government and might as well be privatized along with the military.. The bad thing is that it will be the people that profits least from this will be the ones footing the bill.

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 12:39 AM
link   

In the not too distant future. On a tired battlefield. War has become routine. War has changed. It's no longer about nations, ideologies, or ethnicity. It's an endless series of proxy battles fought by mercenaries and machines. War - and its consumption of life - has become a well-oiled machine.

The setting and story of metal gear 4.

If anybody played Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots, every-time I hear news of mercenaries hiring themselves out to certain interests and corporations it always reminds me of the intro of that game. Were basically the story is the whole world is basically in the hands of corporations and powerful interests and they all have there own PMC's which enforce there interests. Were every soldier is tagged with nano chip or rdif chips, and every weapon tracked.

And basically every powerful entity and group has there own Private Military Company and there all fighting each other for resources and power, anything such as oil and lithium in the ground to other things like trade embargoes and company policies. Sometime it's like, well if basically Coke inc. had there own private army, and Pepsi inc. had there own private army and they all fought it out for the resources be they minerals or land or people that are needed for them to be on top.

And as I think on it! I see how in some things from the games and fiction stories that were so out there once upon of time, can actually come to be a reality in eventuality. And is right now in the real world is happening though on smaller and less grand scales. Mostly because of nations and there big armies, but if nations can be dissolved and corporations own everything then we will see more and more PMC out there.

From op's link.

Mr. Prince, who resettled here last year after his security business faced mounting legal problems in the United States, was hired by the crown prince of Abu Dhabi to put together an 800-member battalion of foreign troops for the U.A.E., according to former employees on the project, American officials and corporate documents obtained by The New York Times. The force is intended to conduct special operations missions inside and outside the country, defend oil pipelines and skyscrapers from terrorist attacks and put down internal revolts, the documents show. Such troops could be deployed if the Emirates faced unrest in their crowded labor camps or were challenged by pro-democracy protests like those sweeping the Arab world this year.

Oh man did nobody ever tell the crown prince of Abu Dhabi that mercenaries can not be trusted, I mean whatever he is paying them to defend oil pipelines and skyscrapers, or other important resources. Somebody can always pay them more and give them more incentives to switch and work for them and deliver those same resources that they are supposed to be guarding. I mean talk about a big duh.... The money must of gone to some of these rich peoples heads because there is a big reason there has been untold and uncounted amount of eons of infighting for loyalty among any group or nation armies for loyalty to that group or nation. What a fool.

But it looks like they are just crowd control for the sheeple and workers of the emirates according to the link. But oh man this whole thing can lead into so many situations it's just ridiculous. Like that whole thing in Libya were after they couldn't get the people to overthrow there government and Gaddafi by propaganda and recruiting for a new power structure.

Then they sent in the mercs into the population to stir some trouble by shooting people and getting a little chaos onto the streets, so as for the whole liberation thing to occur and the the whole no fly zone to occur and the so called "rebels" even set up there own so called bank and were shipping oil out of lybia with the quickness.
Basically you can trust a merc group to look out for any nation or group of people without turning on you for a profit, about as much as you can trust a corporation to not outsource jobs if they can and there is a profit involved.

Cant really blame the ones who join PMC's though since lots of not all of them are coming off the major military's such as us forces and really there is nothing else out there but working for PMC companies, especially with the whole receasion going on were you cant even find a simple crappy job nowadays. So you know they join the PMC's traveling the world meeting new and interesting people and if contract dictates then shooting them. Ah a whole new world order, who will be liberated next? and were will it go? and how far? and when will it stop? and what is it's limits?

Oh its a crazy world and getting crazier by the day, you would be surprised how much some video games and fiction books actually paint a pretty possible and accurate picture of were the world might be going. After all every little boy who dreamed of joining the army and serving his country, another dreamed or has no choice but to become a soldier of fortune.
edit on 16-5-2011 by galadofwarthethird because: (no reason given)

edit on 16-5-2011 by galadofwarthethird because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 11:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Dr UAE

In agreement with you about this. I find this reliance on contractors for matters of defense, or any kind of military mission is outrageous! These privateers can involve themselves in any conflict and without the consent of legislatures, government, or the people. Any crack pot dictator can hire their services to quell unrest, intimidate neighbors, and use them for a whole myriad of defense or intelligence related matters. Furthermore, what is to stop organized crime or terrorist groups from hiring these mercenaries somewhere down the road as well? Money is money!

Moreover, the article mentions that many of the recruits are from all over the globe and some of them couldn't hit the broadside of a barn door. So, it seems people who have never been in the Special Forces are getting sophisticated training and tactics. I find this as troubling as you. Thanks for the link to your thread.
edit on 16-5-2011 by Jakes51 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join