It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russian Speaker of the House threatens to use secret tsunami weapon!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 09:32 PM
link   
I think he was more likely trying to make the point (using an "exaggeration" by going into the conspiracy field) that with all the things going on today, where the wine goes is pretty much irrelevant, since the world has real issues to worry about.

The main point here is: he turned the interview into a joke. Never too late for some russian humour. If you are not European or Russian, I don't expect you to understand.

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 09:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Jepic

I was going to mention that my first impression on the video was that the anchorwoman appeared to be trying not to laugh while listening to this guy drone on.

Humor is a possibility, but from the track record, craziness is more probable.

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 09:36 PM
link   
I don't think he would win though. He is up against this crazy Russian. Who is loved by the Russian people.
edit on 14-5-2011 by 29November1773 because: typo

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 09:38 PM
link   
WOW! All this because he is mad about Georgia's wine? He does seem drunk, but this doesn't surprise me. I am interested in the fact he says only 4 capitals count, no one else matters. I am afraid I agree with this candid assesment although it is not PC. I think they do have things we don't know about, concerning weaponry. I also think they - well - talk tough . . . and sometimes they also follow through. These are tough people. Emotionally and physically tough. They can stomach more then we can. I hope we continue to get along.

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 09:43 PM
link   
reply to post by jennybee35

Actually I hope he doesnt get into power. I found an article, I cant confirm the validity just yet but he is like hitler jr.

A few months ago, Vladimir Zhirinovsky refused to stand for a moment of silence in the State Duma to honor Holocaust victims. He has also thrown flowerpots at Jewish protesters in Paris, ranted at ""Zionists,"" demanded that Jews be segregated on reservations and bemoaned a future Russia in which a handful of Jews ""seize power"" over a country of 145 million. At the same time, the flamboyant ultranationalist was denying his own reported Jewish roots: ""It's crazy,"" he once told reporters. ""It's got nothing to do with reality."" Now, Zhirinovsky, 55, has made a dramatic revision in his biography, acknowledging that his father was Jewish and saying that many of his relatives perished in the Holocaust. In an interview and a new book, Zhirinovsky confirmed that his father, Volf Isaakovich Eidelshtein, was a Polish Jew who fled the Nazis in 1939 and ended up in Kazakhstan.

www.themoscowtimes.com...

And another weird site I found claims he has a book called "my struggle" (Mein Kampf in german)

Vladimir Zhirinovksy is currently involved in Russian politics. He is a leader in Russia and seeking more power. Vladimir is a very charismatic leader and his views rival Hitler's and Stalin's. One of his books is called "My Struggle" and some have compared it to "Mein Kampf" (which means "My Struggle" in German) and called it more of a manifesto than an autobiography.

This site is liking him www.vladimirzhirinovsky.com...

Heres a review of sorts www.kirkusreviews.com...

Doesn't sound utterly exciting....sounds like something akin to taking some of these ats threads and publishing them in hardcover.

edit on 14-5-2011 by topherman420 because: (no reason given)

Mod Edit: New External Source Tags – Please Review This Link.
edit on 15/5/2011 by ArMaP because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 09:43 PM
link   
the hand motions and other body language seem to support the translation. We need somebody who speaks Russian in here

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 09:48 PM
link   
The guy in the video is Vladimir Zhirinovsky. He's a radical anti-semitic Russian Ultra-Nationalist.

In the late 80's and 90's (at a time when Russia was experiencing serious internal turmoil and financial problems) Zhirinovsky ran for the highest office in the land, and due to his popularity, was considered a serious (and extremely dangerous) threat to world stability. Some in the German media at the time even denounced him as 'Russia's Hitler". However, due to his love of drink and promotion of 'free sex' (and violent temper) he fortunately lost all credibility with the Russian public and has all but since disappeared off the world stage.

I recall seeing a TV interview with him once many years ago in which he claimed he was offered $400m to quit world politics by a concerned individual (which he refused) - such was the fear of this lunatic.

One of his famous quotes was:
"I am the Almighty. I am the Tyrant.
I will follow in Hitler's footsteps."

The Zhirinovsky Connection

According to current day media reports he is again running for the Russian presidency in 2012 and his party is expected to come third after candidates from the ruling United Russia Party (Putin or Medvedev) and the Communist Party. Russian Duma speaker Zhirinovsky to run for presidency in 2012

It also appears Zhirinovsky may be insane or at best schizophrenic. Ive found 2 recent media articles which in one of them he calls on the Muslim world to unite and support Libyan strongman Muammar Gaddafi against NATO. In the other he urges the West and Russia to unite & destroy Islam.
edit on 14-5-2011 by Nonchalant because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 09:54 PM
link   
reply to post by lestweforget

Georgia is Christian country.

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 10:07 PM
link   
reply to post by readytorevolt

I speak Russian. Translation is pretty accurate. But don't take it seriously please, this guy is famous for saying crazy things."Russian soldiers will wash their boots in the Indian ocean" one of his best so far.

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 10:11 PM
link   
Thanks everyone for the really good replies!

Well, he IS crazy, it seems, so it could all just be "big talk" on his part after a gallon too much Vodkaa!!!

Or it could be that his drunk tongue slipped and let out a little truth.

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 10:12 PM
link   
As for the translation, seems pretty accurate to me.

I think when he talked about destroying any area in the world in 15 minutes without anything is kind of stupid. Wouldn't be surprised if he's drunk.

Us Russians and our vodka drinking habits.

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 10:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Karbofos
reply to post by lestweforget

Georgia is Christian country.

Yes predominantly christian but there is a history with muslims

Muslims constitute 9.9%,[14] or 463,062 of the Georgian population and mainly consist of ethnic Azerbaijani Shia Muslims concentrated along the border with Armenia. The Georgian ethnic Muslims are Sunni Hanafi and are found in relatively small numbers in the rural parts of Adjara, a Georgian region bordering Turkey. There are two major Muslim groups in Georgia. The Georgian ethnic Muslims are Sunni Hanafi and are concentrated in Autonomous Republic of Adjara of Georgia bordering Turkey. The ethnic Azerbaijani Muslims are predominantly Shia Ithna Ashariyah and are concentrated along the border with Azerbaijan and Armenia.

Seems stalin had an issue :

Meskhetian Turks are Sunni Hanafi Muslims. Meskhetian Turks are the former Turkish inhabitants of Meskheti region of Georgia, along the border with Turkey. They were deported to Central Asia during November 15-25 1944 by Joseph Stalin and settled within Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, and Uzbekistan. Of the 120,000 forcibly deported in cattle-trucks a total of 10,000 perished.[15] Today they are dispersed over a number of other countries of the former Soviet Union. There are 500,000 to 700,000 Meskhetian Turks in exile in Azerbaijan and Central Asia.[16][17]
Religion in Georgia

Mod Edit: New External Source Tags – Please Review This Link.
Link corrected
edit on 15/5/2011 by ArMaP because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 10:22 PM
link   
Like others have mentioned already Zhirinovksky's behaviour is reknowned to be over the top and the like.

I support him for speaking his mined thou....how many politicians are so very reserved because of fear of loosing votes if they say something wrong these days?

That being said, I do beleive that he has heard "something" on the grapevine that he probably shouldnt have and in a half drunken rant had gotten carried away and mentioned it.

Watch this space if he gets "disciplined" and has an unfortunate accident in the near future.

I dont doubt the strategy Russia is pursuing...given whats happening globally I beleive it is the smart path to follow in all honesty.

Putin began by getting rid of all foreign controlled Jewish Obligarchs in the country and taking back control to the state. This pretty much gives the powers that be the middle finger.

Claiming Russia hit Japan with a tsunami weapon....I dont doubt the existence of one but I beleive the quarrel over the islands wouldnt be enough justification to slam Japan with one in my opinion...kind of seems overkill and not a very calculated move expected of Putin.

The man that everybody should have been wary off....and I beleive Putin was which is why he is dead now was Alexander Lebed....a former General and leader of Siberia in the parliament...very smart, and respected military man that had true power and influence potential and a threat to Putins administration and leadership...which is why I beleive he was "off'd".

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 10:31 PM
link   
reply to post by topherman420

I would call Georgia muslim with 51% of Muslim population... If 10% makes it Muslim, then USA with 0,6% is predominately Muslim. :@)

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 10:34 PM
link   
What kind of power does this nut have? I dont know much about how Russia is ran

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 10:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Karbofos

I was just pointing out that lestweforget's post was valid in that there are muslims in georgia, there has been some history between russia and them. Even though christians are predominant it doesnt negate the fact there may be an issue somewhere in there.

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 10:53 PM
link   

There is a lot of political and economical issues involved in Russia/Georgia conflict, but no religious issues.I am from Latvia originally, and familiar with problems in former USSR.But I'm sure if such issues will need to be created, they can be .

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 10:59 PM
link   
lol, this guy is totally off the charts!

"Japan had that tsunami, right?"

The Japan tsunami happened, or at least it is so believed, because of the 9.1 mega quake. Does he know something that the CIA doesn't? Have they got some secret weapon that can create huge tsunamis at will?

So they direct a few ICBM's into the Cumbre Viejo volcano off the coast of Africa in the Canary Islands and cause the thing to give way? (Which of course would cause a Mega Tsunami to hit the east coast USA). ???

Doubt it. I think I'll side with the posters that warn against believing a word this guy says. All show, no go.

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 11:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Karbofos

I think luckily for Georgia he wont have the chance to make any issues since hes considered to be a public joke and one of those people you love to hate. He seems to be a deputy speaker of a low position but to think hes in government at all is a bit concerning. I am curious about any election he plans on running in for the sheer entertainment value.
*passes popcorn* extra butter.

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 11:31 PM
link   

Well... I think Georgia is out of luck, along with Latvia and other countries of "buffer zone"

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join