It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Spiritual Conspiracy - is that you can "Achieve" Enlightenment. Answer is the total opposite!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 08:16 PM
link   
Since 2001, I have been searching and searching, reading and meditating, looking for answers in the realm of being able to "achieve" enlightenment. I've looked in the conspiracy fields, I've turned to religion, I've looked everywhere, and "thinking" I was becoming enlightened, I realised yesterday, that it was my ego saying for the last 10 years that I've been making it! This couldn't be further from the truth.

I realised yesterday, (and this is the lightbulb that appeared above my head) is that enlightenment CAN NOT be achieved.

Let me clarify. The answer is simple. Your either ARE, or your are NOT. Simple as that. There is no 'achieving' levels of enlightenment, and that is the conspiracy I believe in the spiritual realm that has been pushed into the public by the so called powers that be.

The internet and libraries are filled with buddhist and other information on how one can try 'Awaken', or try reach Nirvana, and the logical mind - one that I have been massaging over the last 10 years saying I'm reaching an understanding of this 'achievement' is rather quite the opposite.

Saying "I have this" and "I've read that" and "So and So guru stated one must do this to ACHIEVE such a state" became more of an intellectual knowledge, but not necessarily being able to be IN this state.

Perhaps the world enlightenment is not the correct word. Perhaps even that gives a confusing mental image - people thinking its something that can be achieved.

Does 'achieve' give the mental image that you must 'acquire' such things whether material or mental?

I realised that its not the acquisition of knowledge or materialistic, or even status that gives one such a state... Again, its the total opposite. Once you REMOVE all that you know, REMOVE ALL beliefs about who and what you are, and your place in this Universe let alone in this world, will you realise, and have a niggling effect on your consciousness, that all these ACQUIRED knowledge and information in trying to achieve a higher state, is the actual thing that is holding you BACK.

Let me go over that again.

Once you can LET GO, of everything you hold onto in your thoughts, once you realise, that you, just like me, have such a little influence in the universe, and realise that perhaps you don't even EXIST, you will ponder, and perhaps even giggle a little to yourself at the realisation that achieving enlightenment is the biggest cosmic joke, that perhaps enlightenment is once you EMPTY everything that you hold dear, that the void must be filled, and the first thing that fills that void, will be the transition from trying to find it - to actually being in it - and thus having achieved it.

The best feeling I have had in 10 years was when I watched this youtube video - things suddenly became clear, and I was in the moment. Try not to analyse the moment if you begin to watch this video - rather, don't try anything at all - and see if your empty mind fills the void with the the best feeling one can have, and that is through laughter.

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 08:23 PM
link   
I love Mooji....He is real a very kind and thoughtful and caring human being...

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 08:25 PM
link   
What's a Marty?

Can you enlighten me on that?

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 08:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by notsofunnyguy
What's a Marty?

Can you enlighten me on that?

LOL - you must remove the thought of asking that - and thus filling the void that it doesn't really matter what a Marty is

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 08:34 PM
link   
You are not alone in your experience so far, there are many people who Know a thing mentally.. but not KNOW it as an Experience.... and there is a massive void between the two states.

Enlightenment isn't like a Trophy you earn or Achieve. It is only a natural state of Awareness that we have within us, and that we can access if and only if we can focus our mind as a tool rather than allowing it to stay as the distraction it always seems to be in such cases.. the mental chatter that stops people going much further.

Enlightenment is only about being able to Open Up to Light at will..... that's it.. everyone can do it. You have an initial enlightenment experience.. traditionally accepted as Raising the Kundalini to the Brow and Crown energy centres after which you become One with the Universe.. which is a very distinct experience and is one that then Opens You right Up until you leanr how to handle it effectively.

It comes with massive Responsibility that sets you aside from the direction all others who are Following.. it breaks you out of the Mold of your Culture so that you do not fit in any more.. it sets you at odds to the world of man because real Truth is at odds to how man Believes and Actions in this world.

It is not For everyone, as most would prefer the Bliss of not knowing, of not being set apart from the herd, etc. It is a lonely road despite the knowing that you are the same as the guy next to you. The only difference being that you are truly Awake, you Gain Insight easily, you pick up on everyone's Feeling and History as they walk past you, you Feel all the pain everyone holds onto.. you even Feel the Pain of events occuring in the world in real time...... Yes.. it is not for everyone even though we all have the exact same ability within us now.

So don't feel saddened that your mind is currently too powerful for you to focus it effectively enough.. it is very normal for many men because we are taught to think Logically only.. and so the mind has trouble being used as a Tool when it wants to be the Ruler.

edit on 14-5-2011 by Tayesin because: dyslexia

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 08:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Im a Marty

Enlightenment itself may not be achievable in the sense that we can make it happen through effort, but I do believe that becoming receptive to enlightenment is definitely something that requires focused and purposeful action.

This is what all those teachings try and show us, how to become receptive. We make the effort, but the results are not in our hands. Emptying the mind is an effort, letting go is an effort, but there is no guarantee that enlightenment will be the reward. These are all just fingers pointing towards the way.

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 08:45 PM
link   
Nice post and great video!
So timely for me as last night I had a dream where I was uncontrollably laugh-crying because Jesus told me to remember how much my dad's shih-tzu loved me. At that moment I envisioned this little dog look up at me and say "I love you". Then the laugh-crying began very much like the video. So healing.
Open question: I've had this kind of laughing before, specifically, during ayahuasca sessions. It feels very much like clearing a blockage or chakra-cleansing or something. Any thoughts on that?
Thanks

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 08:51 PM
link   
That was the craziest thing.

As I was watching that video and was laughing hysterically along with it, I got a call from my friend. I picked up the phone and he was just laughing like crazy and I could also hear another one of my friends (maybe two) laughing with him. I laughed too because of the ridiculous of the situation, and their inability to know what I was watching... and it went on for over thirty seconds without us saying a word.

Synchronicity at it's best.

And I love the faces of all the serious people in that room. What a treat.

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 08:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tayesin
You are not alone in your experience so far, there are many people who Know a thing mentally.. but not KNOW it as an Experience.... and there is a massive void between the two states.

Enlightenment isn't like a Trophy you earn or Achieve. It is only a natural state of Awareness that we have within us, and that we can access if and only if we can focus our mind as a tool rather than allowing it to stay as the distraction it always seems to be in such cases.. the mental chatter that stops people going much further.

Enlightenment is only about being able to Open Up to Light at will..... that's it.. everyone can do it. You have an initial enlightenment experience.. traditionally accepted as Raising the Kundalini to the Brow and Crown energy centres after which you become One with the Universe.. which is a very distinct experience and is one that then Opens You right Up until you leanr how to handle it effectively.

It comes with massive Responsibility that sets you aside from the direction all others who are Following.. it breaks you out of the Mold of your Culture so that you do not fit in any more.. it sets you at odds to the world of man because real Truth is at odds to how man Believes and Actions in this world.

It is not For everyone, as most would prefer the Bliss of not knowing, of not being set apart from the herd, etc. It is a lonely road despite the knowing that you are the same as the guy next to you. The only difference being that you are truly Awake, you Gain Insight easily, you pick up on everyone's Feeling and History as they walk past you, you Feel all the pain everyone holds onto.. you even Feel the Pain of events occuring in the world in real time...... Yes.. it is not for everyone even though we all have the exact same ability within us now.

So don't feel saddened that your mind is currently too powerful for you to focus it effectively enough.. it is very normal for many men because we are taught to think Logically only.. and so the mind has trouble being used as a Tool when it wants to be the Ruler.

Tayesin,

Yes I've had a kundalini experience a few times - those times were very intense, I can't explain it other than being aware of many realities at once, for example, I was told it was my perception (By Doctors) but I noticed my wife was a lot slimmer, and she had her hair tied differently, and had a violet tinge to it. When she drove me around (because I was not able to hold myself together during this period) I noticed many vehicles and housing to be 'futurised'. During these times, I would feel electricity going up and down my spine. It was quite weird and intense. Over a period of time, things would go back to normal, and I would be able to compose myself properly.

What I was writing in the OP was something more simpler than trying to 'awaken the snake' and being more aware with this ability. It was more of a letting go and laughing and feeling cheery and just that moment.... that small moment when you realise everything in and around you does not make one ounce of difference in the grand scheme of things, and the feeling of bliss overwhelms you and have a grin on your face for a period of time, because all the bills, and stresses of life, work, family and what not - couldn't permeate that current state of being.

Nice post

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 08:54 PM
link   

Although much of what you say is true, enlightenment is available to all of us. Do not run in circles wondering if you are or are not enlightened, that is a waste of time. In fact, the reason I agree with you that enlightenment is not real or "achievable" is because it is not something that is to be conceptualized, only lived. So in one sense enlightenment is not real, at least for the person trying to point to it and say "this here, or that there, is enlightenment." But in another sense it is very real. Enlightenment is transcendent in nature so it cannot be pointed to, conceptualized or judged in any way, shape or form.

Peace.

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 08:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by mysticnoon

Enlightenment itself may not be achievable in the sense that we can make it happen through effort, but I do believe that becoming receptive to enlightenment is definitely something that requires focused and purposeful action.

This is what all those teachings try and show us, how to become receptive. We make the effort, but the results are not in our hands. Emptying the mind is an effort, letting go is an effort, but there is no guarantee that enlightenment will be the reward. These are all just fingers pointing towards the way.

Of course, usually all the guides, the way to achieve, the methods of making an effort to becoming receptive has a great part in the process, it sometimes just happens spontaneously when you just laugh your ass off

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 08:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by LifeIsEnergy

Although much of what you say is true, enlightenment is available to all of us. Do not run in circles wondering if you are or are not enlightened, that is a waste of time. In fact, the reason I agree with you that enlightenment is not real or "achievable" is because it is not something that is to be conceptualized, only lived. So in one sense enlightenment is not real, at least for the person trying to point to it and say "this here, or that there, is enlightenment." But in another sense it is very real. Enlightenment is transcendent in nature so it cannot be pointed to, conceptualized or judged in any way, shape or form.

Peace.

That is what I was trying to say in the OP, that searching for a way seemed more of an intellectual process rather than a knowing or feeling of it.

Also with what you say in your last sentence, just a bleep of realisation just occured then, that enlightenment could be different for everyone

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 09:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Tayesin

You and misticnoon have the correct perception about what enlightenment is, and you can help by guiding those who have the wrong idea about it and are trying to achieve it by doing the wrong thing and going about the wrong way You are right about it being a state of awareness and it is not something that you can talk about or claim.It comes naturally but if you think that you want proof of it you are having the wrong attitude and mindset.

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 09:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tayesin

I unfortunately became enlightened by going to War. They call it PTSD down at the VA. Yet it is? This painful reality that you are not in the herd - that you are one with suffering as well as bliss. So I was blasted with awareness and I struggle to maintain and rebalance. I do believe there are levels to this enlightenment and I am working backwards to find them. Some people ascribe to method - and sometimes it happens spontanously. As I struggle to describe what I experienced in therapy I realize sometimes the description of enlightment or the radical change found and described by some who have used hallucenigencs(sp) is an apt description of what I try and articulate. Perhaps I experienced a sudden release of '___'? What ever, or how ever my personal experience still defies rational explaination.

By the way I have seen euphoric laughter like that shown in the video in a full on hard core, old fashioned Pentacostal church, they assume it is a gift of the spirit . . . what ever "it" - is the human brain is capable of mystical experiences of "spirit" or elightenment that cross cultures and belief systems. There is not one defined path or set method. But once you have crossed that threshold - no matter the method used to cross it - you are never the same.
Peace.

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 09:13 PM
link   

Enlightenment is a big part of the original lie...

Genesis 3:4-6 "And the serpent said unto the woman, Ye shall not surely die: 5 For God doth know that in the day ye eat thereof, then your eyes shall be opened, and ye shall be as gods, knowing good and evil. 6 And when the woman saw that the tree was good for food, and that it was pleasant to the eyes, and a tree to be desired to make one wise, she took of the fruit thereof, and did eat..."

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 09:16 PM
link   
Because people are not successful at striving for what they have come to believe is enlightenment doesn’t mean it doesn’t exist. Many in this age who haven’t succeeded have become cynical that it doesn’t have a reality. But that is a symptom of the greatest veil to enlightenment—the ego. . . . I haven’t arrived at it therefore it must not exist!

The idea that enlightenment is easy or should be effortless is another absurd notion coming out of this new-age, but nothing is further from the truth.

How could the highest condition of consciousness—enlightenment—not be difficult to attain?

It takes tremendous effort to arrive at it and those who say otherwise are the conspirators, not the notion that it exists.

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 09:20 PM
link   

Exactly. Someone could become enlightened within minutes through an 'ah ha' moment of simple self-enquiry or realization of some sorts, others it may take their entire lifetime to shed the built up conditioning that 'blocks' them from having this realization. The latter thus may need teachings/intellectualism to help find ways to throw off that which is blocking them from having this realization. Unfortunately, many of the latter end up fixating on the 'way' so much that they forget what they were originally searching for and thus never attain enlightenment.

So they say in Zen Buddhism, ‘The doctrine of Buddhism is a finger pointing at the moon. Do not mistake the finger for the moon.’

On the last part about each person having a different understanding of enlightenment, again, on one level that may be correct being they may describe it differently if they seek to conceptualize it, but on a deeper, more transcendent level, it is the same for all enlightened beings. That is how an unbreakable harmony/balance is found. If we find harmony within ideas, forms, concepts, behaviors, time or space, in other words within worldly things, it is most definitely breakable. But if harmony is established in the transcendental nature of all things it is most definitely unbreakable.

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 09:36 PM
link   
reply to post by inforeal

Here is enlightenment...

"In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. The same was in the beginning with God. All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made. In him was life; and the life was the light of men. And the light shineth in darkness; and the darkness comprehended it not. ... He was in the world, and the world was made by him, and the world knew him not. John 1:1-10

I know this light and His Spirit is all the enlightenment you will ever need.

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 09:38 PM
link   

A patient with a split brain, when shown an image in his or her left visual field (the left half of what both eyes take in, see optic tract), will be unable to vocally name what he or she has seen. This is because the speech-control center is in the left side of the brain in most people
en.wikipedia.org...

In the case of a split brain patient, is the right hemisphere enlightened automatically, or does it contain another type of ego also?

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 09:51 PM
link   

A thread is always good coming from you.
You sound well and satisfied.

I so wish I could stay in a state of enlightenment all the time.
Living in a family compound with my brother and his family, son and his family and daughter and her family
I have grandchildren and my grown children in and out of my home everyday.

When I do have time to empty my mind I have found music to be helpful in obtaining oneness with natutre and the universe.

I play piano and clairnet and create my own music and allow it to clean my mind of all the clutter.

I make music on my instrument with my eyes closed and when I finish a session I feel like I am being let down softly from where ever it was that my mind went.

Tried this with psycadelics in the 70's but find the natural clearing of the mind surpasses a chemical experience.

Best wishes on your journey.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join