It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

An open letter to God...

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 01:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by chiptrim
For those claiming to be religious and or spiritual and who obviously did not get the memo, allow me to point out that May 21st (next week) will see the beginning of the rapture. Or if you prefer, the end of the world.

You’ll be off to the big playground in the sky with all your friends to meet with the Sky Wizard while the unbelievers, scum if you will, shall be left down here to deal with the zombie apocalypse, that’s the bit when the dead shall rise and wander about doing whatever it is that walking dead do. Essentially the OP has voiced his wish that this be brought forward slightly and for that dreadful admission has been pilloried by all and sundry, most unfair in my opinion.

The Op has been called a bigoted imbecile, a mindless drone, a low-life, and a perfect example of a huge flaw with human nature. (Among other things) Just because he suggested that God does what has been promised by God botherers and Jesus freaks alike. One has to ask who really is the’ inhuman drone’ in this picture. It’s a rhetorical question that really needs no response…

Personally I would favour a more positive wish than the one put up by the OP.

My wish would have seen all God botherers’ world wide issued with baby comforters.
The comforters would be mandatory and have to be inserted in the mouths of the righteous for the duration of the 21st of May.

On the 22nd of May we would then see the start of a wonderful new event which would be known as International Spit the Dummy Day!

Truly the end would bring about a new spiritual awakening and we could all laugh.

It would of course be advisable to avoid walking too close to tall buildings as those disappointed by lack of rapture might land on ones head when they reach terminal velocity….

Dear chiptrim,

Hi, not all believers follow morons like the guy who says that world will end on May 21st, I am a believer, try reading my rant about that moron and see how Atheists told me I was being mean to him. As for the rapture, I get it, I believe it happens; but, I believe only the gutless seek it prior to end times. I guess I am willing to stick it out with unbelievers that think they know it all and that there cannot possibly be a greater sentience than their own (that is the description of God). I don't look down on the OP and have not attacked him on this thread, you did that. There is a line in the bible where Jesus says to the holyier than thou crowd, he says, clearly all knowledge begins and ends with you.

The OP suggested that believers should all be sent into space, he was joking. I understood where he was coming from. You on the other hand are nasty to all and call people any name you can to get a rise out of them and prove to yourself how smart you are, better than everyone. People are lazy and don't bother learning, that is human nature for most; but, they still matter. Dumb people matter, if you call the OP a moron than are you not saying that you are better than people who don't know and are not as intelligent as you? Do you make fun of the mentally challenged, if that is what you believe they are, then yes, you do. Bask in your brilliance and look down on the rest who are looking for answers.

Why don't you correct my spelling, I didn't bother to. Why don't you pick a couple of phrases and tare them apart, why don't you look at yourself and ask if you are being loving. You would ask others the same. I call other Christians to task when they get stupid, we need to clean our own houses. I do it because I want them, if they are truly believers, to think deeper and love more. You ridicule all to show how much better you are. You are not, you are not any better than anyone else. If you are perfect, I am not, then please enlighten us that are not or correct with an intent to show the OP that we can still love each other and disagree.

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 03:12 AM
link   
reply to post by FanarFanar

The problem with your post is that after all the believers you hate and mock are taken away, soon what will follow are believers amongst the atheists left to start new religions. That’s the case because religion is—whether you like it or not—a part of human nature

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 04:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by inforeal

The problem with your post is that after all the believers you hate and mock are taken away, soon what will follow are believers amongst the atheists left to start new religions. That’s the case because religion is—whether you like it or not—a part of human nature

/Headdesk.

For fooks sake... Ok... One more reading comprehension lesson for the lacking.

I only mentioned the Abrahamic religions (And the L. Ron Hubbard fan club as an after thought). As for hating them... Nope, I simply dislike them, and then only some of them.

There would be plenty of Buddhists, Taoists, Hindus, Wiccans, Druids, Rastafarians, Pastafarians, so on, and so forth to fill the void.
edit on 15-5-2011 by FanarFanar because: Typo

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 05:06 AM
link   

Thank you for giving me something amusing to read amongst all the doom and gloom on here! Having a quick break from decorating (or in my case painting myself...lol) and am glad to read something that doesn't say OH NOES WE'RE ALL GONNA DIE!
Your ranting is appreciated
And I agree, keep the happy friendly religions and get rid of the party poopers.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join