It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

An open letter to God...

page: 3
11
<< 1  2    4 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 04:39 PM
link   
reply to post by SuperiorEd
 


I actually meant that people get all confused about the stories in the bible.

They get it preached to them, and then believe what they've been preached with such conviction that they condem anyone else that doesn't believe what they do.

The rapture is one such event that seperates peoples beliefs. For example, this may 21 judgement day thing. These people actually believe this to the point where some have sold all they have. Im sure you've seen the threads.

I believe in some cases people would have been better off not hearing the bible being preached at all.

Its easier to find love in your life if you not afraid of what might happen if you're wrong about your particular understanding of scripture. Finding love through fear just complicates things





posted on May, 14 2011 @ 04:40 PM
link   
reply to post by FanarFanar
 


Dear FanarFanar,

You may have noticed that I made that comment not to the OP; but, to another. It was part of a prior conversation where the person thought that people should be polite in their rants. You are too sensitive.



posted on May, 14 2011 @ 04:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by FanarFanar

Originally posted by Raelsatu
reply to post by FanarFanar
 


Whichever way you try to word it, you're obviously trying to get a reaction out of religious people, particularly by saying that "God" is thinking "Why would I want these crackpots around" and "Jettison them into the cold vacuum of space". In that case your rant doesn't even prove valid seeing as a supreme being wouldn't be thinking that way.


edit on 14-5-2011 by Raelsatu because: (no reason given)


Really??? Didn't he spent the first five books of the bible wiping people out.


God didn't write the bible man...



posted on May, 14 2011 @ 04:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon
 


I know that. You know that. But a lot of the faithful seem to have trouble grasping that concept.
edit on 14-5-2011 by FanarFanar because: (no reason given)



posted on May, 14 2011 @ 04:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by FanarFanar
Really??? Didn't he spent the first five books of the bible wiping people out.


First off, now you're only talking about the God of Christianity. And if we're going to talk about Him then yes he did alot of wiping out in the old testament. But last time I checked, the rapture is supposed to be an event where the believers are brought up to heaven by a loving God, not "Jettisoned into cold space"; and no I don't think he'll be calling them crackpots. Your arguments are flawed and don't change the fact that you wrote the rant to get a negative response out of religious people. If there is a God, he's probably looking down on you with pity, and perplexed at your childish antics.



posted on May, 14 2011 @ 05:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Raelsatu

Originally posted by FanarFanar
Really??? Didn't he spent the first five books of the bible wiping people out.


First off, now you're only talking about the God of Christianity.


Actually, that would be the Christian, Muslim and Jewish God. Him being one and the same.

And the last I heard, The faithful will be taken to paradise, while the rest of us will be left to a horrible fiery death. Yup... He sounds very loving indeed.

As to me posting my OP to illicit angry responses from the religious. I posted this in the Rant forum because it's just that... A rant. Just me venting in a designated venting area. If I wanted to just piss off the religious, I would have posted it in the Religion and Theology forum.

ETA: If the people of the religious persuasion want to stop by and get all offended and morally outraged, that's their prerogative. personally, I prefer them to keep on trucking.
edit on 14-5-2011 by FanarFanar because: (no reason given)

edit on 14-5-2011 by FanarFanar because: Typo

edit on 14-5-2011 by FanarFanar because: typo on the typo



posted on May, 14 2011 @ 05:33 PM
link   
That's right. You are dead on. Fear is duplicity. Duplicity says that I will Love God for reward or to avoid punishment. The point is not duplicity. Good is its own reward.

Look at the larger picture. If you and I set our minds to the task of creating a conscious sims game, how would we do it? I think we would finally come to the same conclusion that Confucius came to: "I hear I forget. I see I remember. I do and I learn." Such is the story of life.

God has no opposite. Nature is a perfect reflection of God. Since there is no counter reflection to compare God to, we only have the other opposites in nature to give us as clues to God's nature and existence. God remains hidden apart from the opposites in nature. The point is not to find an image of God or to find ultimate truth in totality. The point is finding the truth of the lessons taught with each step God orders. These steps are different for every destiny God arranges. We can't merely say that all walks with God in the garden are the same. The only consistency with the walk is that good and evil is the main opposite and our adversary is to be overcome. Love is the key to removing the flaming sword of bias from the tree of life. Once found, the veil is lifted.

In answer, I would not expect that all Christians find the truth to each and every Bible story. As far as I can see, we have lived many lives before this one. The seed of our essence continues to develop each time it is planted in the material world. Eventually, we gain our salvation from the lessons of life and not merely the lessons of a single preacher or book of knowledge. God walks in the garden with us. We are the only ones that can walk away.

By the way. Once I realized that I was being walked in life and not entirely doing the walking, I decided to take advantage of this by discovering everything I could about reality. My aim in life is to use up my body reading and learning from life. Each step I take is planted on the ground of awareness to the education. I am constantly mindful of this task. Since I started this 20 years ago, I have been astounded where God leads. Synchronicities abound when you bother to look and pay attention. For instance. LINK


Originally posted by Akragon
reply to post by SuperiorEd
 


I actually meant that people get all confused about the stories in the bible.

They get it preached to them, and then believe what they've been preached with such conviction that they condem anyone else that doesn't believe what they do.

The rapture is one such event that seperates peoples beliefs. For example, this may 21 judgement day thing. These people actually believe this to the point where some have sold all they have. Im sure you've seen the threads.

I believe in some cases people would have been better off not hearing the bible being preached at all.

Its easier to find love in your life if you not afraid of what might happen if you're wrong about your particular understanding of scripture. Finding love through fear just complicates things




posted on May, 14 2011 @ 05:35 PM
link   
reply to post by FanarFanar
 


Well I do agree that the logic behind God being infinitely loving and yet being capable of creating a hell, doesn't make sense to me. This is one of the reasons why I lean towards being agnostic, even though I was raised Christian.



posted on May, 14 2011 @ 06:08 PM
link   
Does God create hell or do we? Do we create heaven or does God? I think the answer is that God creates heaven and we create our own hell. The laws that govern reality are geared toward action and reaction. Every action has a designed reaction. We have the choice to activate the reaction according to the choice of the observer.


Originally posted by Raelsatu
reply to post by FanarFanar
 


Well I do agree that the logic behind God being infinitely loving and yet being capable of creating a hell, doesn't make sense to me. This is one of the reasons why I lean towards being agnostic, even though I was raised Christian.



posted on May, 14 2011 @ 06:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Raelsatu
reply to post by FanarFanar
 


Well I do agree that the logic behind God being infinitely loving and yet being capable of creating a hell, doesn't make sense to me. This is one of the reasons why I lean towards being agnostic, even though I was raised Christian.


Dear Raelsatu,

I don't believe you can find anywhere in the bible where it says God created hell. It says that God was all there was and created us. Perhaps hell is eternal lonliness, eternal solitary confinement, no distraction, just the hopelessness of eternal nothing except yourself. If that is so then even this life is better than hell. It also says that by rejecting to be with God we get what we want, I describe it as hell, the great abyss, nothing. In my scenerio it is fair that we share a little of the pain when he took it all to create us.



posted on May, 14 2011 @ 07:28 PM
link   
Yes I've thought about this MANY times, and practically experienced it when I had a "bad" trip on psychedelic mushrooms. However, doesn't the Bible say hell is a place of fire and brimstone, and gnashing of teeth? It appears to be pretty specific about the context of hell. Now whether or not God directly created it, he's the supreme being of infinity, eternity, and the universe, so he had to have taken some part in its creation. If not then he still created a setup for humanity in which billions would be destined to burn/suffer for eternity.

AQuestion, I'm not sure I follow you when you say we should share a little of the pain he took to create us. What pain did he go through to create us? If you meant to save us, by sending his son to physically die on the cross, well I don't see how you can compare one painful physical death for an immortal all-knowing and assured being, to billions of free-thinking souls burning in torment for ETERNITY. Eternity negates everything, especially a mere number of hours hanging on a cross. Don't get me wrong I think his sacrifice was still with loving intentions and a brave feat, but to say that it's comparable with not only the level of pain that people go through on Earth through time, let alone for eternity in a spiritual realm of torture, is not logical.



Originally posted by SuperiorEd

Does God create hell or do we? Do we create heaven or does God? I think the answer is that God creates heaven and we create our own hell. The laws that govern reality are geared toward action and reaction. Every action has a designed reaction. We have the choice to activate the reaction according to the choice of the observer.







Originally posted by AQuestion

Dear Raelsatu,

I don't believe you can find anywhere in the bible where it says God created hell. It says that God was all there was and created us. Perhaps hell is eternal lonliness, eternal solitary confinement, no distraction, just the hopelessness of eternal nothing except yourself. If that is so then even this life is better than hell. It also says that by rejecting to be with God we get what we want, I describe it as hell, the great abyss, nothing. In my scenerio it is fair that we share a little of the pain when he took it all to create us.



edit on 14-5-2011 by Raelsatu because: (no reason given)



posted on May, 14 2011 @ 07:45 PM
link   
reply to post by FanarFanar
 


For what it's worth, OP, I found your open letter cutting, hilarious and I understand you were voicing your discontent with all of those amid us who are destined for a better place, knocking the rest of our doors down until that fateful day. I like Sundays to myself.

And what is that familiar windy sound? Is someone smelling himself? Oh! I was wondering when I'd get to read the ramblings of one high from the fumes of their own armpit's scented vortex of sweat and Old Spice.

Don't worry. The butter on the popcorn is real, not some imaginary butter-stuff.



posted on May, 14 2011 @ 07:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Raelsatu
Uhhh...I'm not necessarily religious, more agnostic, but I'm still a spiritual person. And your post is an obvious troll attempt. So you think anyone of any religion should be place into the vacuum of space to die?...Sorry this thread is fail. And you are as well.



NEWS FLASH!

Do me a favor as well as everyone else...LOOK at the top and see what forum this is...

Oh yea it's the RANT forum which means no thread fail. This is what this forum is for so if you don't like it go elsewhere and let the OP rant like he is entitled to.

So post fail



posted on May, 14 2011 @ 08:50 PM
link   
Why are you all getting a hissy fit over this? It wasn't addressed to you It was an open letter to god(s)!


Chill and move on.



posted on May, 14 2011 @ 09:31 PM
link   
Thumbs up on this. While we are at it, let's ask God why he lets bad people commit terrible acts and is okay with human sacrifice and incest in his books (oh-wait- those were written by MEN). At best, the Bible can be looked at as a sort of Aesop's Fables. That is, if you can get past the many inconsistencies.



posted on May, 14 2011 @ 10:42 PM
link   
Wouldnt it be just great if 'God' did exist and took all the buffoons that believe in him away from this planet so they can stop embarassing us in front of the aliens?

I cant think of anything that would be more benificial to this planet than to have religion and religious people completely removed from it. I'm dead serious.

Please please Mr God, let these eejits have their 'end of the world' so they can leave the rest of us to get on with proper scientific grown up things. We are so sick of these fools. they never shut up, they are creepy, judgemental and they invariably smell funny.



posted on May, 14 2011 @ 11:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by angus1745
Wouldnt it be just great if 'God' did exist and took all the buffoons that believe in him away from this planet so they can stop embarassing us in front of the aliens?

I cant think of anything that would be more benificial to this planet than to have religion and religious people completely removed from it. I'm dead serious.

Please please Mr God, let these eejits have their 'end of the world' so they can leave the rest of us to get on with proper scientific grown up things. We are so sick of these fools. they never shut up, they are creepy, judgemental and they invariably smell funny.




Words from the mouth of a bigoted imbecile. You sound even worse than extremist religious people and Hitler combined.
Plus you just contradicted yourself by saying you think the aliens are looking down shaking their heads at us; which takes faith in itself. Religion encompasses many groups and thought processes including the teachings of Buddhism which is a religion of peace, enlightenment, and getting in touch with oneness. Compared to those who believe in a greater being and derive peaceful, loving views of the universe from it, you are a mindless drone churning the wheels of ignorance. To say you think all religious people need to die to advance humanity is a disgusting inhuman proposition and makes you look like a low-life, and a perfect example of a huge flaw with human nature.



posted on May, 14 2011 @ 11:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Raelsatu
 


Dear Raelsatu,

Read what my description of hell was. I did not say it was fire and brimstone, those are metaphors. I referred to the abyss, the loneliness of singularity. To be together we must all share a little knowledge of singularity.



posted on May, 15 2011 @ 12:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Mactire
 



I also cannot imagine how boring and uninspired the world would be without the diversity that makes us so unique as a species.


Because religion has certainly helped to promote diversity...

*Inquisition*



posted on May, 15 2011 @ 01:32 AM
link   
For those claiming to be religious and or spiritual and who obviously did not get the memo, allow me to point out that May 21st (next week) will see the beginning of the rapture. Or if you prefer, the end of the world.

You’ll be off to the big playground in the sky with all your friends to meet with the Sky Wizard while the unbelievers, scum if you will, shall be left down here to deal with the zombie apocalypse, that’s the bit when the dead shall rise and wander about doing whatever it is that walking dead do. Essentially the OP has voiced his wish that this be brought forward slightly and for that dreadful admission has been pilloried by all and sundry, most unfair in my opinion.

The Op has been called a bigoted imbecile, a mindless drone, a low-life, and a perfect example of a huge flaw with human nature. (Among other things) Just because he suggested that God does what has been promised by God botherers and Jesus freaks alike. One has to ask who really is the’ inhuman drone’ in this picture. It’s a rhetorical question that really needs no response…

Personally I would favour a more positive wish than the one put up by the OP.

My wish would have seen all God botherers’ world wide issued with baby comforters.
The comforters would be mandatory and have to be inserted in the mouths of the righteous for the duration of the 21st of May.

On the 22nd of May we would then see the start of a wonderful new event which would be known as International Spit the Dummy Day!

Truly the end would bring about a new spiritual awakening and we could all laugh.

It would of course be advisable to avoid walking too close to tall buildings as those disappointed by lack of rapture might land on ones head when they reach terminal velocity….



new topics

top topics



 
11
<< 1  2    4 >>

log in

join