It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

An open letter to God...

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 02:36 PM
link   
Dear God,

Could you please get this whole Rapture thing going already? All these Christians seem really eager to go, and to be honest, the rest of us are all even more eager to SEE them go.

While you're at it, if you could take the rest of the Abrahamic bunch aswell we'd all be very appreciative. Also if it's not too much trouble. Could you take the Scientology crowd aswell? Now I know what you're thinking. "Why the in the name of me would I want those crackpots hanging out at my place"? You could just drop them off on some other rock along the way. I'm sure they would like that... Or just jettison them into the cold vacuum of space. Whatever works best for you.

Once you have taken all your faithful fans to whatever final destination you have in mind, the rest of us can get on with cleaning up the mess they made and carrying on with our evolution as a species, unimpeded by the distractions they caused.

Yours Faithfully.

The (hopefully) soon to be left behind.

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 02:39 PM
link   
Har Har Har...

Let the flaming begin!!

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 02:42 PM
link   
reply to post by FanarFanar

Dear FanarFanar,

Sorry, the Scientologists believe in aliens, you get to keep them.

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 02:43 PM
link   

Dear God,

Witch one?

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 02:48 PM
link   
reply to post by CharterZZ

What do you mean which one? God is one!!!

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by CharterZZ

Dear God,

Witch one?

I thought a universal catch-all would be good enough for an imaginary construct.

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 02:52 PM
link   

Yea well it sounds good to me altho i would keep the Scientology crowd, they havent caused a millionth of the trouble the rest have.

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 02:55 PM
link   
So we have it; the first spokesperson for the New World Order. Get rid of the Christians, the Jews, the Scientologists, and everyone else who speaks to one God or another. Let only those of like mind (or in this case) like you remain. While I too wish the organized religions of the world could shape up and get their $h!t together, and learn to live by the words that they preach, I also cannot imagine how boring and uninspired the world would be without the diversity that makes us so unique as a species. I believe it is this diversity that makes us targets for study by extraterrestrials, and it is this diversity that has made us as evolved as we've been able to become. You speak of wanting to continue on with evolution, but its our differences that breed human ingenuity. If humanity were one like cohesive unit, I think we would become stagnant, and would actually slow our ability to evolve.

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 02:55 PM
link   
Uhhh...I'm not necessarily religious, more agnostic, but I'm still a spiritual person. And your post is an obvious troll attempt. So you think anyone of any religion should be place into the vacuum of space to die?...Sorry this thread is fail. And you are as well.

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 02:58 PM
link   
I think the OP says this because its these religious groups that go on and on about rapture and end of the world so why not get it over with, no one else gives a *!"*

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 03:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Raelsatu
Sorry this thread is fail. And you are as well.

Calm down buddy... You call yourself spiritual? That wasn't very spiritual of you aren't you supposed to offer love and confidence?
edit on 02/23/2011 by mrjones7885 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 03:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by CharterZZ
I think the OP says this because its these religious groups that go on and on about rapture and end of the world so why not get it over with, no one else gives a *!"*

At least you got the point.

Seems some fail at reading comprehension. Never said get rid of all the religious, just all the irksome trouble makers that seem to be in such a damned hurry get to wherever they think they're going to.

As to wanting to see all religious people to die in the vacuum of space.... I only suggested that be the L. Ron brigade, and I left the final decision to the big guy.

As for the Troll remark.... Can you troll in the RANT forum???

edit on 14-5-2011 by FanarFanar because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 03:13 PM
link   
Already we see how those with religious/spiritual leanings can take the written word and twist it in to what they see fit to promote.

The OP is being attacked for ASKING the supposed God being to do as is foretold (by the written word) to come and wreak havoc whilst rapturing the faithful….

Somehow they manage to twist this in to a demand from the OP to do bad and evil things, which is obviously not the case.

Oh well, that’s religion for you I suppose.

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 03:20 PM
link   

You know, IF there is a God, he’s gonna be pretty pissed at you right now… I dont mess with stuff like that, bad carma.

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 03:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Monkeygod333

Why would he be pissed at me? Care to elaborate?

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 03:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Monkeygod333

That's nothing compared to what many have done in his name
Murder murder and more murder all in the name of God.

but that makes it ok right...?

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 03:36 PM
link   
reply to post by chiptrim

I'm not religious, though I am spiritual, but...

"Why the in the name of me would I want those crackpots hanging out at my place? You could just drop them off on some other rock along the way. I'm sure they would like that... Or just jettison them into the cold vacuum of space. Whatever works best for you."

... how exactly is that comment not a call for "bad things" to happen to persons of religion? There are many Christians, Jews, and Muslims that have no desire to die or move on yet. They would love more time on this earth. Sure there are some who are ready to meet their maker, but to wish them away isn't a spiritual or moral thing to do. For a "spiritual" person, FanarFanar has a long way to go before he learns to be truly harmonious.
edit on 14-5-2011 by Mactire because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 03:37 PM
link   
You seem confident, but something you may want to consider: There is currently a spirit working among all men, believers or not, that restrains evil in the world. This spirit also saves your butt every time you are about to make a royal fool of yourself at work, at home and pretty much anywhere you are. That little thing called synchronicity that keeps telling you when you are about to fail--that's the Holy Spirit. We all benefit from that still small voice that constantly tells us the best way to proceed. We don't always listen. Some of us listen more than others. Since we take ourselves with us everywhere we go, the spirit we listen to defines the path we take as we travel in the garden. In Genesis, we see that God was walking in the garden when He came across Adam and Eve. Notice that He was still walking in the garden with them, despite the fact that they had walked away. This will be the case until judgement day when God takes a rest from his walking.

The point is easy to see. When the rapture happens, the restraining of the Holy Spirit moves on from this place. Hell comes to man by his own choice. Good luck when we are gone. I pray you wake before this happens.

LINK

2 Thessalonians 2

1Now we beseech you, brethren, by the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ, and by our gathering together unto him,

2That ye be not soon shaken in mind, or be troubled, neither by spirit, nor by word, nor by letter as from us, as that the day of Christ is at hand.

3Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day shall not come, except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition;

4Who opposeth and exalteth himself above all that is called God, or that is worshipped; so that he as God sitteth in the temple of God, shewing himself that he is God.

5Remember ye not, that, when I was yet with you, I told you these things?

6And now ye know what withholdeth that he might be revealed in his time.

7For the mystery of iniquity doth already work: only he who now letteth will let, until he be taken out of the way.

8And then shall that Wicked be revealed, whom the Lord shall consume with the spirit of his mouth, and shall destroy with the brightness of his coming:

9Even him, whose coming is after the working of Satan with all power and signs and lying wonders,

10And with all deceivableness of unrighteousness in them that perish; because they received not the love of the truth, that they might be saved.

11And for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie:

12That they all might be damned who believed not the truth, but had pleasure in unrighteousness.

Originally posted by FanarFanar
Dear God,

Could you please get this whole Rapture thing going already? All these Christians seem really eager to go, and to be honest, the rest of us are all even more eager to SEE them go.

While you're at it, if you could take the rest of the Abrahamic bunch aswell we'd all be very appreciative. Also if it's not too much trouble. Could you take the Scientology crowd aswell? Now I know what you're thinking. "Why the in the name of me would I want those crackpots hanging out at my place"? You could just drop them off on some other rock along the way. I'm sure they would like that... Or just jettison them into the cold vacuum of space. Whatever works best for you.

Once you have taken all your faithful fans to whatever final destination you have in mind, the rest of us can get on with cleaning up the mess they made and carrying on with our evolution as a species, unimpeded by the distractions they caused.

Yours Faithfully.

The (hopefully) soon to be left behind.

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 03:42 PM
link   

You have to respect other religions and their gods, no matter what your personal beliefs are. I understand what you are trying to say. But there’s a difference between protesting against something that doesn’t fit into your reality and challenging supernatural beings. You may just get what you ask for.
I’m just saying… IF god exists…

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 03:45 PM
link   
Buy why is what I say above so true?

Consider what you are. "Who am I" is easy to answer. I am an artificial, bio-mechanical life-form created by God. I am designed as I would design myself--like a robot gaining his own programming of sentience. I am in the image (reality) of Creation (God's Kingdom), placed in a garden preserve for development. If I gain the Emerald, I am set free. The emerald is the realization of my creator's love. Since I am in an image, like a mirror, I must reflect the Creator's love back to Him. This is accomplished by loving Him and loving my neighbor, as stated in John 10 with the story of the good Samaritan.

A Jew fell by at the hands of robbers. Two other of his fellow Jews wandered by, too busy to assist him. Only his enemy, the Samaritan, stopped to help. This is the Love of God. You have been assaulted in this reality by your adversary. God is the Samaritan if you allow your perceived enemy to assist you when you are down (Fallen). You can only see another as an enemy if you do not possess love. Once you have love, you do not judge, but see others as equals. Pride sees others as lower. In reality, we are all equal in God's eyes. We are the only ones that can make the choice to lower ourselves below the bar of equality. God's love is there to bring you back up off the path. He walks with you, not against. Only you can walk against.

edit on 14-5-2011 by SuperiorEd because: (no reason given)

edit on 14-5-2011 by SuperiorEd because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join