It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

An open letter to God...

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 03:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mactire
reply to post by chiptrim

I'm not religious, though I am spiritual, but...

"Why the in the name of me would I want those crackpots hanging out at my place? You could just drop them off on some other rock along the way. I'm sure they would like that... Or just jettison them into the cold vacuum of space. Whatever works best for you."

... how exactly is that comment not a call for "bad things" to happen to persons of religion? There are many Christians, Jews, and Muslims that have no desire to die or move on yet. They would love more time on this earth. Sure there are some who are ready to meet their maker, but to wish them away isn't a spiritual or moral thing to do. For a "spiritual" person, FanarFanar has a long way to go before he learns to be truly harmonious.
edit on 14-5-2011 by Mactire because: (no reason given)

Way to quote out of context. Do you work for Faux News per chance?

Your first post I wrote off to poor reading comprehension, but apparently you only select parts of a paragraph that you can twist to your own agenda.

BTW. Where did I claim to be a spiritual person?
edit on 14-5-2011 by FanarFanar because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 03:46 PM
link   
reply to post by SuperiorEd

The point is easy to see. When the rapture happens, the restraining of the Holy Spirit moves on from this place. Hell comes to man by his own choice. Good luck when we are gone. I pray you wake before this happens.

You believe the rapture is a real event?

Perhaps comming soon?

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 03:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Mactire

I took those comments to be no more than a flippant suggestion. If the OP had suggested that those who do not fit in with God's plan be consigned to the fiery pits of hell I might be a little less sympathetic and it should not be forgotten that there will be certain poor souls who are following the wrong religion or even the wrong God who will be, so I'm led to believe, off to the bad place. I think it is written somewhere but don't quote me on that.

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 03:52 PM
link   
reply to post by FanarFanar

Didn't you know god lost interest in us; in fact I think he's little bit embarrassed by us to be honest that's why he's not been around much lately.
Maybe he's started another project on some other planet or he's sulking some where (we all know how insecure he can be).
Anyway I hope he responds to your letter and takes his fan club with him or at least put them in they're own special pit in hell. (preferably with a group of gay atheist Jews)
edit on 14-5-2011 by Roguesheep because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 03:56 PM
link   

Don't forget the Muslims!

Without them, the Christians won't have anybody to play with...

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 03:57 PM
link   
I don't think the rapture is as easy to define as we make it here. It may come suddenly to all believers at once. My ultimate thought is that judgement happens to us all at death. The rapture, or translation to the spirit, happens when we are born into the spirit. John 3 tells the story. We are born into the water (material reality) first. This is baptism into a reality (body) of mostly water at birth. Our cord is cut after we develop from two seeds becoming one new life. If we develop we are born. If not, we are aborted and die.

In John 3, Jesus tells Nicodemus that we are born into the water. Buddha tells us we are born into the wheel of life. As the ox pulls the cart, the wheel turns. In other words, we are born again and again into the water. This is development for our soul, which does not reside here. The tree of life develops above as we develop the roots below. In John 3, we see that we must be born again into the spirit to escape the water birth. Each time we die, judgment awaits. When we finally develop love for God and others, we are ready to transcend the mortal coil. The silver cord is broken and we are birthed form the womb of the earth. To me, this is the rapture. Everyone has the chance to make it.

Ecclesiastes 12:6

"Remember him--before the silver cord is severed, or the golden bowl is broken; before the pitcher is shattered at the spring, or the wheel broken at the well,"

Jesus said, "Those who are first will be last. Those who are last will be first." Pride puts the 'self' first above others. The proud will be last to make it beyond the material reality. Altruism puts others first and 'self' last. Those who find this love for others and God will find that they are translated first.

This has been the problem with Christian theology since Christ died. We really never listened to his message. Now that we have a grip on our own reality, it starts to become clear what He was actually saying.

Originally posted by Akragon

The point is easy to see. When the rapture happens, the restraining of the Holy Spirit moves on from this place. Hell comes to man by his own choice. Good luck when we are gone. I pray you wake before this happens.

You believe the rapture is a real event?

Perhaps comming soon?

edit on 14-5-2011 by SuperiorEd because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 03:57 PM
link   

Har Har Har...

Let the flaming begin!!

Dear Akragon,

Aren't you going to tell the OP how unkind their words are? Not very Christian of them, nope, quite atheistic. The OP suggests that everyone they disagree with should die.

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 04:01 PM
link   
reply to post by IrVulture

Erm... They would be covered by this part of my OP:

While you're at it, if you could take the rest of the Abrahamic bunch aswell we'd all be very appreciative.

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 04:02 PM
link   

Interesting how you say that since we have a grip on reality Christ's words "should" be easy to understand. Yet so very few actually do.

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 04:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by AQuestion

Har Har Har...

Let the flaming begin!!

Dear Akragon,

Aren't you going to tell the OP how unkind their words are? Not very Christian of them, nope, quite atheistic. The OP suggests that everyone they disagree with should die.

haha, nope... not my style.

Actually i found the post quite amusing

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 04:05 PM
link   

You stated that God should (paraphrasing here) come along and pick up the Christians, the rest of the Abrahamic bunch, and the scientologists. You then stated that these scientologists should be marooned on some distant planet or jettisoned into the vacuum of space. How exactly did I take what you said out of context? Maybe writing comprehension is something you could work on. A little study on theology might help as well. Jews don't believe in the Rapture. That's a Christian fairytale. One that's about as crazy as any scientologists' belief.

And signing a faux letter to god "Faithfully" kind of creates a spiritual label whether you meant it to or not. I mean stating you're loyal to a Deity kinda paints you as a loyalist, wouldn't you agree?

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 04:07 PM
link   
The Muslim only finds eternal life if they listen to their Messenger Jesus. Jesus said to love your neighbor in John 10 with the story of the good Samaritan. The Samaritan was the enemy. Unless they love their enemies, which may be hard for them to do, they will not find salvation. They are not true believers if they don't follow the message of their Messenger Jesus.

An angel inspired the Quran as a message of judgment to the non-believer. Since many Muslims do not follow the message of Jesus, the Quran becomes their judgment. God is the only judge. We are the witnesses. By not loving their neighbor (Issac their brother / Israel / Christians), then they make themselves the judge. This is pride against God.

Originally posted by IrVulture

Don't forget the Muslims!

Without them, the Christians won't have anybody to play with...

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 04:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by AQuestion

The OP suggests that everyone they disagree with should die.

The OP suggests that the folks who belive in it, get the eternal life in paradise they're all so looking forward to.

Has the standard of education really fallen to the point where so many people have become incapable of comprehending the written word?

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 04:13 PM
link   
Watch what you wish for. Even though there are many religious people in the world, it doesn't mean that all will be raptured. I see people who just get out of church, then talk down to people and act snooty every Sunday at my restaurant. It kind of makes me sick, and I wonder how they act everyday besides Sunday if they are so religious. I'm no Pope but they might not be on the list. So when the rapture does happen we will be full of non-believers and A-Holes who claim to be believers thinking they will make it in the next round up. Either way it is God's hands and only God knows the outcome. Have a great day.

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 04:19 PM
link   

Whichever way you try to word it, you're obviously trying to get a reaction out of religious people, particularly by saying that "God" is thinking "Why would I want these crackpots around" and "Jettison them into the cold vacuum of space". In that case your rant doesn't even prove valid seeing as a supreme being wouldn't be thinking that way. And yes I agree that alot of religion has hindered the progression of society/caused suffering, but guess what so have alot of non-religious people; and not everybody is extremist to begin with. And everybody is free to think what they want when they want, however your rant doesn't make much sense. Please atleast tell me you're open to the concept of a higher intelligence, if not then you're more naive and close-minded than I thought. But yes it's your rant, this is the rant section, and... proceed.

edit on 14-5-2011 by Raelsatu because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 04:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by FanarFanar
Dear God,

Could you please get this whole Rapture thing going already? All these Christians seem really eager to go, and to be honest, the rest of us are all even more eager to SEE them go.

While you're at it, if you could take the rest of the Abrahamic bunch aswell we'd all be very appreciative. Also if it's not too much trouble. Could you take the Scientology crowd aswell? Now I know what you're thinking. "Why the in the name of me would I want those crackpots hanging out at my place"? You could just drop them off on some other rock along the way. I'm sure they would like that... Or just jettison them into the cold vacuum of space. Whatever works best for you.

Once you have taken all your faithful fans to whatever final destination you have in mind, the rest of us can get on with cleaning up the mess they made and carrying on with our evolution as a species, unimpeded by the distractions they caused.

Yours Faithfully.

The (hopefully) soon to be left behind.

Probably would have been just easier to say:

Dear god,
Please save me from your "GOOD" people

Seriously the OP had a rant, he posted it, it was a crack at being funny. Laugh it off as a joke and be done with it. Yeesh!!!

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 04:22 PM
link   
I would disagree. Most Christians know and observe the basic message of Jesus: to love your neighbor, turn the other cheek and love God. This is all that is necessary for salvation. Jesus stated this in John 10. When you hear a Christian say that you must accept Christ into your heart, what they are really saying is that you must accept this message to be Christ like. You must mirror God's bestowal of love back to him in the reflection of your image. A mirror can only see itself in reflection. LINK

I am convinced that the flaming sword of Genesis, which protects the tree of life, is bias and hatred. The sword must be removed before entering the kingdom of God to eat of the tree of life. It's all allegory. Paradoxically, the allegory also happens to be something that actually happened. All of reality is a story that God tells us. Instead of just telling us with words, he places us in the story. Reality is set to run from beginning to end. The planet moves, the sun rises and sets on the horizon, your hair grows, your rods and cones bring you vision from the light and all of this without you doing anything. Your only act of free will is to discover, believe and find the meaning of life--LOVE. Any other action you make is met with a reaction from the law. You cannot create or destroy anything in this reality. You can only find love and then move on to the next reality.

Your program is saved or deleted by this one realization: Once you wake to love, you are enlightened. Self is destroyed and you ascend to the next realm. The veil is lifted and faith becomes fact. The artificial, bio-mechanical suit you wear is traded in for an upgrade. What was saved is restored and translated. We are 100% information. What do you expect? Saved or lost. That's about as simple as it gets. Only in this generation can we fully realize what is being said.

Interesting how you say that since we have a grip on reality Christ's words "should" be easy to understand. Yet so very few actually do.

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 04:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Raelsatu

Whichever way you try to word it, you're obviously trying to get a reaction out of religious people, particularly by saying that "God" is thinking "Why would I want these crackpots around" and "Jettison them into the cold vacuum of space". In that case your rant doesn't even prove valid seeing as a supreme being wouldn't be thinking that way.

Really??? Didn't he spent the first five books of the bible wiping people out.

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 04:36 PM
link   
Although this post was not aimed at me, I can't resist answering.

An entire oak tree is folded into a tiny acorn as information. You say that God spent the first five books of the Bible destroying men. What you may fail to see is that nothing can be created or destroyed in this material reality. It is all energy and information. You die, only to be unfolded again from your seed of information. It is all saved and unfolded again until you develop fully. This is called transmigration.

Read some of my posts above. John 3 talks of this as baptism into the water. Buddha and nearly all other religions speak of this. Nothing is lost until judgment day. Until then, all life merely continues to unfold in the wheel of life. The ox pulls the cart (burden) again and again. Baptism into the water followed by being born again into the spirit to depart material reality.

Dhammapada
1. Choices

We are what we think.
All that we are arises with our thoughts.
With our thoughts we make the world.
Speak or act with an impure mind
And trouble will follow you

As the wheel follows the ox that draws the cart.

We are what we think.
All that we are arises with our thoughts.
With our thoughts we make the world.
Speak or act with a pure mind
And happiness will follow you
As your shadow, unshakable.
"Look how he abused me and hurt me,
How he threw me down and robbed me."
Live with such thoughts and you live in hate.
"Look how he abused me and hurt me,
How he threw me down and robbed me."
Abandon such thoughts, and live in love.
In this world
Hate never yet dispelled hate.
Only love dispels hate.
This is the law,
Ancient and inexhaustible.

Originally posted by Raelsatu

Whichever way you try to word it, you're obviously trying to get a reaction out of religious people, particularly by saying that "God" is thinking "Why would I want these crackpots around" and "Jettison them into the cold vacuum of space". In that case your rant doesn't even prove valid seeing as a supreme being wouldn't be thinking that way.

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 04:38 PM
link   

Ahhhh that might well be the case but those destined for death were not jettisoned off in to space because space hadn't been invented at that point!

Either that or you're just taking things out of context.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join