It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

TSA targeting critics and complainers in a new campaign of retribution

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 01:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
reply to post by alphabetaone

And that is my opinion also, it seems that we, Americans, Thanks to the "over zealousness" of our government and their "manufactured war on terror" are to become prisoners and slaves in our own nation.

The whole entire issue of "security" is nothing but another hidden agenda.

You know what though Marg,

I often have to wonder who it is precisely that is the over zealous nuts? Surely there are government factions that right away scream "go to war go to war! Security! Threat! Osama! Al Quaida! Terrorism!", but have you noticed that the country (population) at large seems to fall in right behind them? Banging on the same war drums?

I sincerely believe people like us are the minority who believe there is something wrong and we are being overshadowed by most people in the country. I often have to wonder just how much of human nature plays into our politics.

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 01:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Becoming

I'm not speculating that business works this way, it is FACT that business works this way.

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 01:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by alphabetaone

I'm not speculating that business works this way, it is FACT that business works this way.

As long as you say its fact then I guess it is.

Whats it like to know everything?

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 01:53 PM
link   

Exactly,but in my case I remember when one of the super moderators posted a few years back a thread on the Ruling minority those that makes most of the noise and always get away overshadowing the rightful majority.

I think that we are a "majority" but we have become powerless against the ruling minority.

It was very interesting that is exactly what is going on right now.

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 01:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Becoming

I don't have to.

I know at least 15 people whose lives are precisely this way, that makes it fact. I don't need to know everything to know what I see and what their employers expect of them.

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 02:02 PM
link   

Exactly,but in my case I remember when one of the super moderators posted a few years back a thread on the Ruling minority those that makes most of the noise and always get away overshadowing the rightful majority.

I think that we are a "majority" but we have become powerless against the ruling minority.

It was very interesting that is exactly what is going on right now.

Hmmm as a matter of fact I remember that thread too, and honestly even at the time I had mixed feelings about it and how true it was or how much it made sense.

Although, just trying to keep things on an even keel, the minority of people in general are actually outgoing enough to make enough noise where the majority may well be content with being complacent and saying "I wont get involved"....in fact my mother is VERY much the second community. She NEVER wants to get involved in an issue on any subject at all, yet she will COMPLAIN about the damn issue for hours on end, to which of course I ask, "Well, why the hell don't you go do something about it?"

So, in retrospect, the thread from years ago may have actually had a measure of truth to it.

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 02:32 PM
link   

Yes, the thread came out after that case of the Florida women that the nation got involved when her husband wanted to pull the plug, it was such a pony show.

You are right, I am guilty as sin, I complain and complain but you don't see me out there voicing my discontent publicly beside this board posting.

I guess I am waiting for the hero that will come and rescue all of us.

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 02:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by alphabetaone

I don't have to.

I know at least 15 people whose lives are precisely this way, that makes it fact. I don't need to know everything to know what I see and what their employers expect of them.

Dang it, I almost called it. My second guess would have been that you knew buisness men and they are required to travel by plane. I went with you being a buisness man as a gut instinct.

Again, as long as you say it is a fact then it is a fact.

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 02:53 PM
link   

Dang it, I almost called it. My second guess would have been that you knew buisness men and they are required to travel by plane. I went with you being a buisness man as a gut instinct.

Again, as long as you say it is a fact then it is a fact.

It makes it a fact to me, sure.

And as long I know it is happening to at least ONE person, then I do know, for a fact, that it happens. In that, it leaves little room for speculation and it also leave zero room for my HAVING speculated. You can speculate all day long if you like, for my part, I know that I'm not.

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 02:55 PM
link   

You are right, I am guilty as sin, I complain and complain but you don't see me out there voicing my discontent publicly beside this board posting.

I guess I am waiting for the hero that will come and rescue all of us.

Marg,

Shame on you! I'm going to develop a Marg dragnet and deploy it the next time a REALLY serious issue comes to light

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 03:15 PM
link   

Whatever you say big dog. Like I said, if you say its a fact then its a fact. I mean, why should I not believe everything that you say. After all, me and you go way back.

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 03:17 PM
link   

Yep. I do say so, in my experiences.

I'm not asking you to do anything at all, least of which is believe.

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 03:36 PM
link   

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 03:55 PM
link   
There is a right to be secure with your person and possessions. The airlines operate in the USA, and if not for the Patriot Act, would obey the Constitution.

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 04:10 PM
link   
What I find fascinating is that for decades, during the 'cold war,' we went about our daily lives and were kept safe in our beds by the shenanigans going on behind closed doors and by poorly dressed spies doing their thing in drab Eastern bloc cities. Well, that's what we were led to believe.
I'm guessing it was done on a relatively small budget compared to today.

Now it's all in or faces. Checkpoints, Patriot act being cited for everything etc. I firmly believe we are being conditioned to bow down before uniforms and badges. Every little show put on by the TSA or similar is just another step towards our training to be subservient and controlled.
I have the opinion that all this 'war on terror' could be carried on by shenanigans behind closed doors and poorly dressed spies in drab XXXXXX cities. Possibly on a smaller budget. We could all just get on with our lives.

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 04:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Badgered1

Back then it was all government handle, the many agencies we got today were not enact, now we live with a corporate government that is all about profiting for the private interest at the expenses of "national security" the "war on terror' and terrorizing American abiding citizens into submission.

Very different world we live today, it has nothing to do with the foreign terror but capitalizing on Americans "safety".

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 04:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Badgered1

I firmly believe we are being conditioned to bow down before uniforms and badges. Every little show put on by the TSA or similar is just another step towards our training to be subservient and controlled.

I personally believe it's the other way around.

That because these these things exist, we are conditioning ourselves to accept the uniforms and badges, and BECAUSE of that, those higher up on the chain will use it to their advantage just as soon as they think they can get away with it easily enough. I don't think it was started to achieve that result.

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 06:12 PM
link   
It reminds me of parents who say "When you live under my roof, you will follow my rules." That seems fair.

If you don't like the TSA measures... Drive your car. Take a bus. Don't fly. No one is forcing you to fly. If you want to have the privilege to fly... You must follow the rules.

Dont fly.

edit on 14-5-2011 by Spencer1989 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 06:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Spencer1989

It's kind of hard to drive to Europe. And some people have to fly for work, so technically they are being forced.
edit on 14-5-2011 by Nosred because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 06:53 PM
link   

reply to post by marg6043

Nobody forced you to go into the airports to be "molested".

If I knew that if I fly on an airplane I would have to be molested first, then I think I would stay away from the airports and drive.

you sure sound like an employee for TSA, you wanna lose your rights do it alone, don't try to convince others it's ok to get molested!!

you are defenitly one of those "So this is how liberty dies... with thunderous applause" type of people.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join