It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Confused About Photo Capture. . .What Is It?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 06:16 AM
link   
I'm not saying that what is in this picture is a spacecraft. I am, however, saying that I don't know what it is. In all my years of photography, this is the first time I've captured anything like this. I have seen many unexplained things in the sky, but never photographed one.

This picture was taken May 13, 2011, in Kentucky. It was in the afternoon, the exact time may be embedded with the photo for all I know. It was after a very heavy thundershower, by about 20-30 minutes. Overcast. . .don't remember the temperature.

I am a believer, but, for some reason I'm just not accepting what it appears to be. Any Ideas?

edit on 14-5-2011 by Divine Strake because: added second pic

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 06:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Divine Strake

its a bird turning right

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 06:25 AM
link   
Looks like a helicopter to me. BTW- I'm a pilot, and have seen a "flying disc" over a MOA in Nevada while at 12,500' ASL (on oxygen). My co-pilot saw it too.
My personal belief, is that it was good 'ol USAF black tech, not for public consumption.
I'll believe in extraterrestrials, when I get to vivisect one....

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 06:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Divine Strake

Dont tell me you faked this...

When I zoom in on the picture I can see there is a pixelated square around the "ufo"

Looks to me somehing you copy pasted in there.. and the background dont mactch 100% so it create a square..

I highlighted it in picture 2... if its a fake you made and posted it on ATS as real, your going to get banned, just saying

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/5a84baa60a5c.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/3a7552ff348f.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 06:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Vandalour

These are only JPEG artifacts seen on an uniform colored background.

You can also see these artifacts around the pole (from the same photo) here:

Fake pole?

edit on 14-5-2011 by elevenaugust because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 06:33 AM
link   

Yes, its fake. You can clearly see the square around the object.

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 06:49 AM
link   
Squares around an object doesn't mean it's fake

Could be a cloud or bird or helicopter or an alien spacecraft lol...too hard to tell.

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 06:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Kali74

Ok, fair enough. I admit i am no expert in fake photos, but i just saw the square around the object and thought fake.

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 07:39 AM
link   
UFO.
doubt it's of any interest

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 09:11 AM
link   

the original is in my pictures, I didn't fake anything.

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 09:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Jay-morris

Seriously? To say I faked this is a clear and direct insult to my own integrity. You are wrong, and I absolutely am insulted. Look how long I've been registered here. . .How many of my threads have wound up in the Hoax section? None.

The original file can be sent to anyone.

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 09:17 AM
link   

Thanks for the insult, and showing your limited ability regarding discerning real from fake. . .just sayin'
Also, I never stated it was a UFO, I simply asked what it was. Which also shows your limited attention span. . .just sayin'

edit on 14-5-2011 by Divine Strake because: the person I've responded to is "special"

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 09:24 AM
link   
Geez. . . I find something unusual in my photo. . .post it to a site that I've been faithful to for years, then get called a FAKER?

All I did was ask what it was! Why do some people here have to act like. . .oh wait, that's what a disinfo agent does!

edit on 14-5-2011 by Divine Strake because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 09:29 AM
link   
I believe you. I have a UFO picture i took from my Blackerry last year. It is amazing and i am still mesmerised by the picture even now. I can't help staring at it and i swear the image changes slightly as i look at it. It was taken in the dark, but the image the bb got was incredable, considering i was hanging out of my back door at the time trying not to step into the snow as i only had slippers on!
If anyone can explain how to put the picture on ATS, your all very welcome to see it.
I am very proud and honoured to have got the picture at all.

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 09:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Divine Strake
Geez. . . I find something unusual in my photo. . .post it to a site that I've been faithful to for years, then get called a FAKER?

All I did was ask what it was! Why do some people here have to act like. . .oh wait, that's what a disinfo agent does!

edit on 14-5-2011 by Divine Strake because: (no reason given)

Settle down OP. People here NEED to be suspicious about photos on these forums due to the immature mental-defective attention-whores who are constantly presenting fake photos and videos that waste peoples times on these forums. People HAVE to be suspicious about things thanks to the mental-case attention-whores who pass thru here so often.
edit on 14-5-2011 by pplrnuts because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 09:33 AM
link   
Who cares what it is? It is nothing more than a crappy blur against a crappy background. There is nothing to even discuss. Sure, I know the OP has been a member here for a while and wants to brag about that, but he/she obviously has not learned anything during his/her time here. Anyone who has paid attention and read/seen the thousands of useless photos and stories posted in this section would know before hand if what they are about to post is going to contribute to the noise or to the signal.

The inability of the OP to make that distinction makes me think two things 1) they want attentional nd knew darn well this is a useless photo 2) they have honestly learned nothing in all their time here and maybe they should pick another hobby where the level of ignorance they demonstrate doesn't make the rest of us look like idiots.

Don't kill the messenger, just telling it like it is. It's called reality, it sucks, but it is what it is.

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 10:04 AM
link   
Wow, you people need to *ingest relaxing substance*...
It's just a guy saying "what do you people think this is?"
If you have an opinion about what it is, say it.
Just bashing him because he asked for input is plain moronic...

Way to much distrust, you people have.

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 10:15 AM
link   
reply to post by pplrnuts

Hahahahah....Okay, I am settled down. . .just got off the phone with my EX, so a little tense.
It's cool.

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 10:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Divine Strake
reply to post by Jay-morris

Seriously? To say I faked this is a clear and direct insult to my own integrity. You are wrong, and I absolutely am insulted. Look how long I've been registered here. . .How many of my threads have wound up in the Hoax section? None.

The original file can be sent to anyone.

Read what i wrote after! Also, i don't care how long poster has been posting on this site, you will always get hoaxers, no matter how long they have been posting. I have already agreed with something that i was wrong about the photo being fake. I don't mind admiting when i am wrong.

Also, cut the crap with the disinfo agent rubbish!

A for the photo, it could e a number of things such as a bug,bird etc

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 11:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by drakus
Wow, you people need to *ingest relaxing substance*...
It's just a guy saying "what do you people think this is?"
If you have an opinion about what it is, say it.
Just bashing him because he asked for input is plain moronic...

Way to much distrust, you people have.

That's how people are around here, no one comes here to collaborate intellectually, they come here to pick people apart and tell them how wrong they are. Like in earlier posts to THIS very thread, someone stated the photograph was a fake, in the same sentence they declared they were no expert of photography. Well if you can't tell the difference between a fake picture and a real one, why the hell are you calling this persons thread a hoax? That's just dumb as hell. This site isn't to come here and see who can be more of a jerk to people and tell everyone they are wrong about everything. This thread is especially not here for that reason.

My thoughts on the photograph however. The first noticeable thing of the picture is the object it the only thing in motion, this can be told by the blurring of the object against the clarity of everything else in frame. The object cannot be moving very quickly however. The length of the blur behind the object can clarify the amount of overexposure, all objects that move while being photographed blur in the same manner. The quicker these objects go, the longer the blur is. Judging by the small size of the object and the lack of overexposure, I would denounce this object as a mid-sized bird. Not quite as small as a starling, maybe more like a duck or goose.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join