It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NATO missiles hit Gaddafi's complex (May 12, 2011)

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 12:16 AM
link   

NATO missiles hit Gaddafi's complex (May 12, 2011)

www.washingtonpost.com

TRIPOLI, Libya — NATO continued its intensified assault on Libya’s capital on Thursday, sending missiles into Moammar Gaddafi’s compound hours after the longtime leader appeared on state television to dispel rumors that he had died. The attacks continued a major escalation that NATO says will help protect civilians, but Libyan government officials say they are simply attempts on their leader’s life.

The attacks came on the same day that Defense Secretary Robert M. Gates said that Western allies needed to take a cautious approach to dealing with Libya’s rebels
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 12:16 AM
link   
More NATO assassination attempts on Gaddafi.

All they had to do was see his face on TV before they gave the order to launch more missiles at him.

From the article:

NATO Secretary General Anders Fogh Rasmussen denied any connection between Gaddafi’s appearance and the attack on the Tripoli compound, saying that “we do not target individuals, we target military capabilities that can be used to attack civilians,” although he has in the past called for Gaddafi to step down.

Yeah, right, you don't target individuals. You didn't seem to mind targeting Gaddafi and his family a few weeks ago.

Apparently this is a "second wave" of the NATO airstrikes. With such blatant hypocracy, how the hell are they allowed to continue doing this? Because the news is full of stories of the West assassinating Bin Laden, now nobody seems to care if the West assassinates Gaddafi?

www.washingtonpost.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

EDIT: Oh, one more thing:

ter·ror·ism   /ˈtɛrəˌrɪzəm/ Show Spelled
[ter-uh-riz-uhm] Show IPA

–noun
1. the use of violence and threats to intimidate or coerce, especially for political purposes.
2. the state of fear and submission produced by terrorism or terrorization.
3. a terroristic method of governing or of resisting a government.

*source: dictionary.reference.com...
edit on 14-5-2011 by Dimitri Dzengalshlevi because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 12:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dimitri Dzengalshlevi
now nobody seems to care if the West assassinates Gaddafi?

I wanted them to kill Gaddafi before the announcement of bin Laden's postdated death. But that's just me.

I say fire away.

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 12:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by PETROLCOIN

now nobody seems to care if the West assassinates Gaddafi?

I wanted them to kill Gaddafi before the announcement of bin Laden's postdated death. But that's just me.

I say fire away.

Why?

What did Gaddafi ever do to you? What did Gaddafi ever do to any country involved in the coalition against him?

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 12:24 AM
link   
Wars are horrible things. If you have seen it you know exactly what I mean...... False wars sponsored by the super rich to control the world makes me sick.....

The rich give the orders..... the poor are the only ones to fall, that is war.

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 12:25 AM
link   

Why?

What did Gaddafi ever do to you? What did Gaddafi ever do to any country involved in the coalition against him?

Why does he have to do something to me for me to want him dead? He seems to have no issue killing civilians who have done nothing to him. That's why I want him dead. He's a murderous tyrant. I'm not excusing the crimes of the West or waving an American flag by any means; they are just as guilty in many other ways. But I will still welcome his death when it comes.

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 12:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Dimitri Dzengalshlevi

We can only hope they get this piece of human trash soon! lol!

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 12:41 AM
link   
So you would be content with some other country bombing the white house because presidents have ordered many unjust killings?

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 12:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by PETROLCOIN

Why?

Why does he have to do something to me for me to want him dead? He seems to have no issue killing civilians who have done nothing to him. That's why I want him dead. He's a murderous tyrant. I'm not excusing the crimes of the West or waving an American flag by any means; they are just as guilty in many other ways. But I will still welcome his death when it comes.

Then by your logic, the American military brass, political leadership and economic elite should also be wiped out because they are all murderous tyrants. They are the ones trying to murder him, and they are willing to support Islamic extremists who they've fought in other countries to do it.

phatpackage-
We can only hope they get this piece of human trash soon! lol!

You know what I consider to be human trash? People who support the status quo without any real ability to comprehend the bigger picture, all the while supporting terrorism and invasion against small, nationalist countries who have nothing to do with you.

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 01:00 AM
link   

EDIT: Oh, one more thing:
1. the use of violence and threats to intimidate or coerce, especially for political purposes.

Gaddafi has that one covered....

2. the state of fear and submission produced by terrorism or terrorization.

Gaddafi has that one covered too...

3. a terroristic method of governing or of resisting a government.

Hell, it's a Trifecta !!!

edit on 14-5-2011 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 01:05 AM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

And how many times has the US attacked a legitimate government? How many times has the US lied about ground situations to gain support so they can incite civil war, enforce pro-West regime change, and then bomb infrastucture so Western contractors could come in and rebuild the country?

The US claimed they were going to enforce a "no fly zone" for "humanitarian" reasons; as soon as the UN accepted it, the US and UK launched over a hundred tomahawks at Gaddafi's government infrastructure. This is the definition of sanctioned terrorism. And who did the coalition go there to support? The same bloody terrorists that we've been fighting in Afghanistan, and you've been fighting in Iraq- Indeed, the same terrorists the Americans blame for 9/11 also happen to be in league with the same rebels the American government claims to be backing in Libya (ironic how NATO has been bombing rebel targets by accident, eh?).

PS:

There is zero legitimacy in the coalition campaign in Libya. It would be legitimate if the rebels went to the UN with proof of Gaddafi's war crimes and asked for support, and the UN would supply observers and peace keepers. Instead, the US-backed rebels asked for American help, and since the US refuses to accept the legitimacy of the UN (and undermines the United aspect through subversion and spying on rival diplomats, as evidenced by Wikileaks), this was a sham from the start. Libya had NOTHING to do with the US, but the US sure had a lot to do with the rebels there.

This is no joke. The League of Nations collapsed because some world powers did not accept its legitimacy, and the unbalance of power and responsibility led to WWII. This has all gone too far, the UN is a failure and we will once again see a major world war because the West believes it can dictate global policy.

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 01:09 AM
link   
Obama should just call SEAL Team 6 (probably on speed dial) and take out Qadaffi the same way he took out Osama.
Simple.

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 01:09 AM
link   

It's a NATO situation Dimitri.

Now, I know you have a soft spot for the US and all that, So I'll let your blatant over the top love-fest solely aimed at the US slide. Just remember there is a lot of blame to spread around.

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 01:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69

It's a NATO situation Dimitri.

Now, I know you have a soft spot for he US and all that, So I'll let your blatant over the top love/rhetoric directly and solely aimed at the US slide. Just remember there is a lot of blame to spread around.

You sure sit on a high pedistal.

I know when to blame the US for its actions, and I know when to say "coalition". Perhaps all you read in my posts is anti-US rhetoric instead of what I actually write. I know my country is there too, and I am f*cking disgusted because of it, but I'm not going to deny it.

Oh, and if it's a NATO situation, then what has Libya done to threaten a NATO member?

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 01:12 AM
link   

Why? What did Gaddafi ever do to you? What did Gaddafi ever do to any country involved in the coalition against him?

10 minutes of research might answer that for you. Don't forget also he supports players on both teams. We don't need to hold your hand. Research it yourself!

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 01:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by phatpackage

Why? What did Gaddafi ever do to you? What did Gaddafi ever do to any country involved in the coalition against him?

10 minutes of research might answer that for you. Don't forget also he supports players on both teams. We don't need to hold your hand. Research it yourself!

“US orchestrates regime change in Libya, using social media"
www.youtube.com...
2007 – Combating Terrorism Center (CTC) report of Al Qaeda fighters entering Iraq; a lot coming from Libya
www.isn.ethz.ch... c&lng=en&ots627=fce62fe0-528d-4884-9cdf-283c282cf0b2&id=45910
July 24/2010 – BP set to drill off of coast of Libya, accused of lobbying for release of Lockerbie bomber for contract
www.bbc.co.uk...
March 5/2011 – Claim that Libya used tactical nuke against rebels (later proven to be airstrike on arms depot)
www.veteranstoday.com...
March 6/2011 – Canadian military brass says NFZ over Libya would be a major military offensive
winnipeg.ctv.ca...
March 7/2011 – Rebellion “cripples” oil production, prices rise
www.thestar.com... er&at_xt=4d757f06222323c2,0
March 9/2011 – Analysis of media manipulation of Libya
truthfrequencynews.com...
March 11, 2011 – Paul Wolfowitz supports rebels
online.wsj.com...

March 13/2011 – Russian envoy to NATO claims: there needs to be legitimate resistance asking for support; Libyan resistance are “strangers”: West using situation for its own gains
www.youtube.com...
March 14/2011 – Al Qaeda commanders urges rebels to take down Gadaffi
www.gulf-daily-news.com...
March 16/2011 – Gaddafi’s son claims Libya funded Sarkozy’s election campaign
www.guardian.co.uk...
March 17/2011 – UN oks NFZ
www.msnbc.msn.com...
March 17/2011 – Gaddafi says screw the west, all oil contracts will go to Russia, China and India
rt.com...
March 17/2011 – US spy operation to manipulate social media
www.guardian.co.uk...
March 18/2011 – Obama, defense staff, claim they only plan to deploy support aircraft and not offensive aircraft
www.cnn.com...
March 19/2011 – Hugo Chavez, backed by South American leaders, claim US is out to remove Gaddafi
axisoflogic.com... ogic.com%29
March 19/2011 – Coalition bombs civilian targets
www.presstv.ir...
March 19/2010 – Over 110 tomahawks fired at Libya
www.activistpost.com...
March 19/2011 – African Union calls to stop Libya assault
www.google.com...

March 20/2011 – Blog of initial assault
www.guardian.co.uk...
March 20/2011 – Harper “gains advantages” by joining Libyan assault
www.vancouversun.com...
March 20/2011 – US planes caught threatening Libyan ships with attacks if they leave port
www.wired.com...
March 21/2011 – B2 carried out 25-hour bombing run, attacking Libyan government command buildings
www.dailymail.co.uk...
March 21/2011 – US involvement in Libya is unconstitutional
www.salon.com...
March 21/2011 – “threat” of Libya attacking the US with terrorists lowered apparently
abcnewsradioonline.com...
March 21/2011 – Article on Libya campaign
www.cnn.com...#
March 21/2011 – Mugabe claims West is after Libyan oil
www.presstv.ir...
March 21/2011 – Canadian fighters begin mission
www.thestar.com...
March 22/2011 – Gaddafi’s son killed by “kamikaze” rebel pilot
www.dailyrecord.co.uk...
March 22/2011 – White House denies goal is regime change in Libya
thehill.com...
March 22/2011 – NATO disagreements, Germany pulls out
www.activistpost.com...
March 22/2011 – Turkey says hell no to combat mission in Libya
securityindustrynewstoday.wordpress.com...
March 22/2010 – US lawmakers see Obama’s decision for Libyan assault as violation of constitution
www.sfgate.com...
March 22/2011 – Putin calls Libya campaign “western crusade”
www.news.com.au...
March 22/2011 – CNN says Fox News are liars for claiming Libyans using journalists as human shields
www.rawstory.com...
March 23/2011 – US defense analysts discuss monetary cost of the Libyan mission
www.huffingtonpost.com...
March 23/2011 – Turkey refuses to lead Libyan assault
english.aljazeera.net...
March 23/2011 – China says coalition should stop assault immediately, cease-fire
www.haaretz.com...
March 23/2011 – Gaddafi’s command compound bombed again, Obama says no to ground troops
www.foxnews.com...
March 23/2011 – Libya campaign could last “30 years”: UK minister
www.dailymail.co.uk...

March 23/2011 – Rebels in Benghazi are enforcing Khmer Rouge-like tactics
www.telegraph.co.uk...
March 23/2011 – Marines open fire on civilians/rebels while rescuing crew of downed plane
www.theage.com.au...
March 23/2011 – British commander claims Libyan airforce is neutralized and coalition has aerial supremacy
rt.com...
March 24/2011 – Lots of support for Gaddafi
www.washingtonpost.com...
March 24/2011 – If Gaddafi holds out, US will have to send in more troops; China’s view
en.huanqiu.com...
March 24/2011 – China wants coalition mission to stop, risks regional stability
af.reuters.com...
March 24/2010 – Turkey wants Libya mission to be in hands of NATO, fearing outside interests are there for mineral wealth
af.reuters.com...
March 24/2011 – coalition airstrikes kill civvies outside of Tripoli
en.rian.ru...
March 25/2011 – Over 350 SAS been in Libya for over month
www.dailymail.co.uk...
March 25/2011 – Canadian pilots refuse to bomb targets out of fear of collateral damage (CBC)
www.youtube.com...
March 25/2011 – Article on Libya campaign
rt.com...
March 25/2011 – Obama claims the US won’t kill Gaddafi but aim for regime change
www.politico.com...
March 25/2011 – Libyan rebel commander al-Hasadi fought against US in Afghanistan, trained fighters for Iraq, was even captured and detained for a bit by Western forces
www.telegraph.co.uk...
March 25/2011 – Voltaire Network claims anti-Gaddafi plot conceived in Paris in November 2010, involved cancelled defense contracts with Libya
rt.com...
March 26/2011 – Newly “appointed” Libyan rebel commander spent last 20 years in Virginia
www.mcclatchydc.com...
March 26/2011 – report on sanctions, coalition bombings
www.independent.co.uk...
March 26/2011 – Canada and its NATO role in Libya
www.presstv.ir...
March 27/2011 – Donald Rumsfeld says that leaving Gaddafi in power will “embolden enemies”
www.rawstory.com...
March 27/2011 – Gates claims Gaddafi is “moving bodies of people he has killed to scenes of coalition airstrikes”
www.news.com.au...
March 27/2011 – Captured Libyan soldiers claim Gaddafi lied about who they were fighting
www.dawn.com...
March 28/2011 – Libyan rebels form their own central bank
www.cnbc.com...

March 28/2011 – US says Libyan rebels can sell their oil without being sanctioned
www.reuters.com...
March 28/2011 – Fear of coalition breach of UN resolution
www.guardian.co.uk...
March 28/2011 – “Appointed” Libyan rebel commander and CIA links
www.wsws.org...
March 28/2011 – Russia condemns NATO airstrikes, calls for end
www.morningstaronline.co.uk...
March 29/2011 – US planes fire at Libyan ships
www.rawstory.com...
March 29/2011 – Hillary Clinton, other diplomats, hint at “secret exit” for Gaddafi
www.aolnews.com...
March 29/2011 – Libyan Islamic Fighting Group, Muslim insurgents with experience against the Soviets, vows to join rebels
www.irishtimes.com...
March 29/2011 – Canadian intel reports from 2009 claim eastern-Libya was spawning ground for Islamic extremism, supplied fighters to Iraq and Afghanistan
www.nationalpost.com...
March 29/2011 – US defense analysts claim Hezballah, Al Qaeda elements “may” have joined rebels
www.metro.co.uk...
March 29/2011 – President Obama on Libya
www.pbs.org...

March 29/2011 – Africans in Libya accused of being mercs, assaulted by rebels
www.theglobeandmail.com...
March 30/2011 – Libyan rebels don’t need more weapons as much as they need training and a command structure
www.csmonitor.com...
March 30/2011 – Obama signs off authorization to clandestinely support rebels for regime change
www.reuters.com...
March 30/2011 – New rebel commander’s CIA ties
www.wsws.org...
March 30/2011 – Coalition use of depleted uranium in Libya
www.youtube.com...
March 31/2011 – Evidence of Al Qaeda involved with Libyan rebels
www.npr.org...
March 31/2011 – Bishop claims 40+ civilians killed in NATO airstrike
www.thenews.com.pk...
March 31/2011 - Gates says no ground troops in Libya
www.military.com...
March 31/2011 – Gates says “limited role” in training Libyan rebels, denies CIA insertions
news.yahoo.com...
April 1/2011 – 7 civilians killed in Coalition airstrike
www.bbc.co.uk...
April 1/2011 – Libyan oil minister denies defection
news.bbc.co.uk...
April 1/2011 – NATO takes command of mission, CIA sent into Libya
rt.com...
April 1/2011- NATO bombings and Libyan civilian deaths on rise
www.wsws.org...
April 1/2011 – Doctor says NATO airstrike kills 7 civvies
af.reuters.com...
April 1/2011 – Rebels and Qatar reach oil deal
www.google.com...
April 2/2011 – At least 10 rebels killed by NATO airstrike
www.telegraph.co.uk...
April 3/2011 – Secret training camps in Eastern Libya, controlled by US/Egyptian special forces, coalition air strike hit rebel convoy (killing 13+)
english.aljazeera.net...
April 3/2011 – Libyan rebels split on leadership and territorial claims
www.guardian.co.uk...
April 4/2011 – Al Qaeda acquiring weapons from Libya, taking them to outside strongholds
uruknet.info...
April 4/2011 – Ex-CIA operative on CNN claiming the rebels are mujahedin terrorists, report states Obama approved CIA ops in Libya. Claims only option is ground troops, US-led operation set up by Hillary Clinton and McCain for oil, Libya trains anti-American insurgents, why does US get involved in foreign problems when it is nearly bankrupt? (CNN)
www.infowars.com...
April 4/2011 – French UN forces authorized to attack heavy weapons at Ivory Coast, start assault
www.msnbc.msn.com...
April 5/2011 – FBI questioning Libyans in US on “terrorist” suspicions
online.wsj.com...
April 6/2011 – US hints at “go-it alone” ops
www.presstv.ir...

April 6/2011 – Rebels slam NATO for not following their mandate to support them, government forces drive rebels out of oil port
www.bloomberg.com...
April 6/2011 – rebels claim British bomb hit oil field, killing three people and damaging a pipeline
www.reuters.com...
April 6/2011 – US envoy, CIA, meets with rebels with new regime outline
www.cadenagramonte.cu...:us-envoy-meets-rebels-in-benghazi-cia-inserts-operatives-into-l ibya-&catid=3:world&Itemid=14
April 7/2011 – US leadership considers ground troops
www.neontommy.com...
April 7/2011 – NATO bombs a rebel convoy, NATO resentment
www.washingtonpost.com...
April 7/2011 – Turkey proposes peace paper for Gaddafi
www.guardian.co.uk...
April 7/2011 – Rebels bombed by NATO, rebel oil flow disrupted by “government forces”
english.aljazeera.net...
April 9-22/2011 – “Libya in the crosshairs” review, rebels slaughtered black African workers
www.frontline.in...
April 9/2011 – SAS/SBS officers arrested for info leaks, details on special operations in Libya
www.dailymail.co.uk...
April 11/2011 – Rebels reject African Union’s cease fire proposal/Gaddafi did accept it
April 14/2011 – NATO split, Canadian involvement

Here is my research that I carried out during the same timelines because I actually do important research projects on stuff like this. Your research?

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 01:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer
Obama should just call SEAL Team 6 (probably on speed dial) and take out Qadaffi the same way he took out Osama.
Simple.

Well that would obviously be the ultimate solution. The US has proven they could do it if required! They made the Pakistan defense look paper thin & flimsy the ease they did it. By the way I don't class Pakistan as a lightweights either which just goes to show how skillful that mission was! The US could do it easily if they wanted to!

But as another poster pointed out this is a NATO operation and must work as team!

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 01:18 AM
link   

No one can accuse you of NOT having an agenda. Just happened to have that sitting around on some clipboard ready to go did we?

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 01:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by phatpackage

Originally posted by beezzer
Simple.

Well that would obviously be the ultimate solution. The US has proven they could do it if required! They made the Pakistan defense look paper thin & flimsy the ease they did it. By the way I don't class Pakistan as a lightweights either which just goes to show how skillful that mission was! The US could do it easily if they wanted to!

But as another poster pointed out this is a NATO operation and must work as team!

And you think the rest of the world admires the US infiltrating non-aligned countries and assassinating whoever they see as a threat? It is extremely alarming and you can bet your ass that it is scaring a lot of countries into second thoughts about backing the US or not.

Seriously, you don't see a problem with the US going into Pakistan unannounced and assassinating people? The only thing the US proves with Pakistan, is that if you're not willing to take the US head on, then the US will ignore your sovereignty and bomb and kill anyone they want in your territory and there's not much you can do about it unless you want to die too. This is an extremely disturbing era in global foreign policy.

slayer69-
No one can accuse you of NOT having an agenda. Just happened to have that sitting around on some clipboard ready to go did we?

He accused me of not doing research and I proved him wrong. Like I said, these are included sources in a report I wrote months ago. What else do you want?

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 01:23 AM
link   
This topic is moot, anyway. After next week, Obama won't be allowed to attack without approval from congress.

Then again, Obama can just act like the dictator that he is and continue. But if he does, Libya will be the least of our problems.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join