It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why, I personally, think we are here.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 11:31 PM
link   
I think we are here because every possibility has to happen before Nirvana. I believe that it was the idea of, either a creator or just the brilliance of the omniverse, to make a perfect thing happen. I believe that the omniverse exists so that it can rest. I believe it has happened so our minds can rest knowing that everything possible will happen!

That is truly what I hold dear to my heart. I want it to be true. I want perfection.

And most of all: I want it all to happen, so it doesn't have to happen again.

What do you think?!

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 11:48 PM
link   
reply to post by You2Two2AreSpecial

I share similar although not exactly the same opinion. I don't necessarily think we have to experience everything but I do believe we are here to learn things that make us better beings. I suspect we keep coming back until we have learned enough to move on to a higher level. Kind of like video games now that I think about it.

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 11:51 PM
link   
I can understand what you're saying here and when I put it in perspective it sort of makes sense. It's certainly a plausible event. However meaningless I see life as a human to be, it is a learning experience for most. And I agree with the view that I never want any of this to happen again. Ever. But I see beyond existence as a human. I see existence in every sense of the word as a big machine pumping out randomness for the sake of knowledge of all possibilities and we are in the middle of it all. Just soaking in what we can. I don't let anything surprise me anymore.

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 11:53 PM
link   

How can our minds rest knowing that everything possible has happened or will happen?
What about all the horrible things and evils that happened and are happening, and will happen?

edit on 13-5-2011 by halfoldman because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 11:54 PM
link   
every possibility will never be done happening.

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 11:57 PM
link   
reply to post by SaveTheWolves

Yes, exactly. We are here not to learn everything, but the things that make us better.

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 11:57 PM
link   

In this holographic of existence that we live in..It's all about freewill my friend. It's all by design.. Without limits there are no consequences.. We make decisions based on that we don't have forever to get it done. If we give in an existence outside this 3D plus time thingy we are in and the right answer is in front of us, there you have it.. no freewill. If the question is in the realm of faith and science then.. God made us in his image and I don't think that's a literal meaning. I think what the bible means by "image" is that of a thinking
feeling being. If God wanted us just to worship him and make him the center of
everything we do then we would be robots with instinct programmed into us. We
can't comprehend the vastness of the universe or truly understand the concept of
"you can't make something out of nothing", but to the contrary, here we are. It
comes down to faith my friend. Faith in my eyes is not just a belief in
something you can't see, touch, feel, or hear. I feel that faith is
understanding why God doesn't present himself on a billboard on a highway or by some
divine miracle. Think about it. The proof of God would take away the human
element from our existence and take away a lot of the awe and wonder from what
is before us. It would make life just a short detour before you go to heaven.
Man has become very industrious. We try to answer the unanswerable, we try to
make life better for our time here. If we knew without a doubt that we where
heaven bound then the curiosity would cease and lives would be down to just
waiting for our bodies to expire. I only need to walk outside and know that we
are not some cosmic accident and I don't think God hates science. I think it's
a great tool to prove how wonderful and awesome he truly is and I bet that
truth, choice and love is what he wants us all to not only have but to respect
because those three words are the answers to many of the ill willed that torment
this world.
> Just something to think about.

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 12:23 AM
link   
Me? What do I think? Truly?

I think you registered here today and in the last five hours you have posted 33 times and authored five threads in this forum.

Your first threads were to much for me but I find this one interesting.

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 12:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Morbidness

How do we ever know we are better?
We all cause harm to something else, which goes from environmental harm to social harm across the globe.
Isn't that just fooling ourselves to say we are getting better - at the expense of what?

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 12:30 AM
link   
Uh,.,. ya.

Peace love and protection in guidance.

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 12:32 AM
link   

I disagree because possibilities are infinite and there is no end.

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 12:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by TerryMcGuire
Me? What do I think? Truly?

I think you registered here today and in the last five hours you have posted 33 times and authored five threads in this forum.

Your first threads were to much for me but I find this one interesting.

Thank you! I find your interest in my thoughts intriguing.

What makes this one stand out? That it IS the essence of perfection?

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 12:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by smithjustinb

I disagree because possibilities are infinite and there is no end.

You are incorrect, and correct.

If something fluidly moves, that means it is infinitely finite. Something that is infinitely finite has an end and also a beginning.

There are finite ways to make infinite possibilities that integrate 1 and 0.

There are infinite ways to make 1 and infinite ways to make 0. But not infinite ways to make 1 and 0 together. As long as all things are relative.

If for instance, the speed of light just keeps increasing slowly, THAT would mean there are infinite possibilities.

But I am suggesting that there is only one way for energy to fluidly move.

And thus, set possibilities.
edit on 14-5-2011 by You2Two2AreSpecial because: and->end

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 12:41 AM
link   
Quote from Thomas Mellon benedict I always liked.

“I am” really has a question mark after it. “I am—What am I?” So creation is God exploring God’s Self through every way imaginable, in an on¬going, infinite exploration through every one of us
We are literally God exploring God’s self in an infinite Dance of Life. Your uniqueness enhances all of Life.

edit on 14-5-2011 by alltogethernow because: added line

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 12:42 AM
link   
Thats sounds good... But if you believe in hell for the people who have sinned in this world, how can u believe their is perfect END???

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 12:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by alltogethernow
Quote from Thomas Mellon benedict I always liked.

“I am” really has a question mark after it. “I am—What am I?” So creation is God exploring God’s Self through every way imaginable, in an on¬going, infinite exploration through every one of us

Yuuuuuup!

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 12:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by lyrc07
Thats sounds good... But if you believe in hell for the people who have sinned in this world, how can u believe their is perfect END???

They get used to the burning. It becomes home.

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 01:28 AM
link   
I think our spirituality could be considered connected to physical matter in ways other than just how we are alive in our flesh bodies. The earth is what we are from. There are numerous ways in which we reflect our outer environment. We are intimately related to the world around us in tangible ways so why not in spiritual ways... or ways of energy... advanced nature. Though we are inescapably tied to the physical fundamental and attempt to navigate that understanding. I think matter with seemingly little consciousness is an intricately forced state of perceived stillness and in some some physical forms, therein a spirit of retribution or even hell lies... but it is a phase or form of consciousness as limited, completely restrained... in something that very much exists and is in some way related to us and our world... but is without life.

It is none the less a part of the physical whole... and therefore is a part of the spiritual whole... and our spirituality being a part of that could be familiar or could become familiar with a sort of seemingly locked perception of stillness. The mere act of being without doing, without... effecting. It's got it's scary aspects and it's liberating or redeeming aspects.

it's kinda creepy.

I think heaven and hell is within us or I think we could be like rocks floating out in space.
I think we live to please ourselves and to advance in all ways and recognize and work with what we are rooted in.

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 01:46 AM
link   
I should add, it inspires me to respect the physical... the tangible. Perhaps not enough but I am aware of how akin we are to... everything. It seems natural to want to make the best effort. What most would perceive a positive effort... in anything, because there is always the potential for a lesser way of life. Accommodating the negative by hurting others or your world adds negativity to the equation for the sum of all things. How could man's laws teach or imprison those who inflict pain and suffering. How could the universe teach lawless energy to be still?

We know that energy and matter are equal and all that, but the framework in how the matter was created prevents anyone from just creating whatever matter they want out of pure energy, right?
How did that original framework come together?
We are rooted in all of this but have a limited understanding of all ways in which we are connected to it. .

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 02:02 AM
link   
Sounds silly but I sometimes think our original point was that we were the species with intellect on the planet to ask: where are we going?
Nature is red in tooth and claw, but we could be in that and above that.
We were here to spiritualize the world.
We must eat something and cannot stop harming - we shouldn't harm unnecessarily, but when we eat we should do so with an awareness and gratefulness.
If we can go back to our our original purpose of being the light in this world, if we can live in a consciousness beyond mating, defending and eating like animals, with technologies that do little more essentially that any wild dog can do, then I think we can advance and realize our purpose instinctively.
There are still tribes who believe that their rituals keep the world in balance.
Imagine having that belief - that YOU are so important in the universe that right now it needs you too.
So yes, I believe that's why our consciousness came into existence.
But we have lost the way...

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join