It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

THRUTH!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 11:29 PM
link   
Ok, the motto here is deny ignorance, which premotes this specific thread. Truth is the the preverbiale outcome and ignorance is the wastecan of itellectual fodder. This site came to being at a time when main stream media was feeding so much bullsh@# to the American public that a new source of information was needed.

Hence the birth of ATS.com. here you get to pic and choose any sorce of information at your will and decide for your self what has merit and what doesn't. Decorum is appreciated and respect for decenting views is also allowed. Political views are welcome as well, where there are other sites that will not condone space for political views no matter what the subject.

No matter, back to the subject at hand...Truth... I dare say that every reader here has at some point in there life realized that they have been lied to by some aspect of their surroundings, either by their governmont or by their families or by their local poloticians. No matter, we're all in the same boat, we are all together in this rebirthing of what we will begin to expect of those that seek to rise to the occasion of public survice, and that is the truth!

Now don't get me wrong, I know that thruth changes moment to moment. But don't think for one moment that thruth is not expected from those that seek to represent you. And if for one moment these individuals fall short of fullfilling that which you saught to fullfull by your support, you should complain wholeheartedly.

We should be holding our politicians to a higher standererd than we hold ourselves, after all, they get better benifits than we do .

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 11:36 PM
link   
reply to post by twohawks

I personally believe we should fire all of our politicians. Everyone (at least in the US) has been betrayed by their government numerous times.

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 11:37 PM
link   
Thruth? Normally, id consider that a typo, but you say thruth more than once... So what is that?

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 11:39 PM
link   
reply to post by showintail

It's an awesome way of saying truth, come on man! get with the times!

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 11:43 PM
link   
In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act. - George Orwell
If you want to make someone angry, tell him a lie; if you want to make him furious, tell him the truth.
All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed, second it is violently opposed, and third, it
is accepted as self-evident. - Arthur Schopenhauer Philosopher, 1788-1860
As scarce as truth is, the supply has always been in excess of the demand. - J Billings
Don’t confuse your opinion with the truth. - Werner Erhard
Its a rare person who wants to hear what he doesn’t want to hear. - Dick Cavett
The power to fit in with one’s social peers can be irresistible. To a human lemming, the logic behind
an opinion doesn’t count as much as the power and popularity behind an opinion. - Norman Livergood?
If the truth is that ugly -- which it is -- then we do have to be careful about the way that we tell the
truth. But to say somehow that telling the truth should be avoided because people may respond badly to
the truth seems bizarre to me. - Chuck Skoro, Deacon, St. Paul's Catholic Church
Neo: What truth? Morpheus: That you are a slave, Neo. That you, like everyone else, was born into
bondage... kept inside a prison that you cannot smell, taste, or touch - a prison for your mind. Matrix

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 11:49 PM
link   
reply to post by mkkkay

Lots of good quotes there! The truth hurts and people just don't want to feel the pain sometimes. The realization of just how screwed we are in the US is painful enough, most are afraid to dig deeper.

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 12:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by ShAuNmAn-X
reply to post by mkkkay

Lots of good quotes there! The truth hurts and people just don't want to feel the pain sometimes. The realization of just how screwed we are in the US is painful enough, most are afraid to dig deeper.

Aint that the truth!

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 12:18 AM
link   
Maybe it's just me, but I don't seem to understand the various threads made with nothing implied other than a general statement with no evidence or reason to it's creation other than personal opinion or bias.

Is there a question here, a conspiracy, a freaking theory of any kind?

Yes, we at ATS strive to deny ignorance and get to the truth no matter the cost, so what's your point?

I'm not trying to be mean, I'm seriously asking, what is the point of making such a statement if you don't have something specific to discuss?

King

top topics

join