It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A man will be punished by dripping acid into his eyes in Tehran on Saturday May 14- Norway condemns

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 06:01 PM
link   
reply to post by vor78

Strange then that countries with the death penalty have a higher murder rate than those without...

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 06:01 PM
link   
I have a better idea. We are now getting close to restoring people's eyesight via technology. Why not sue the guy and make him pay for the treatment for the woman once the tech is available?

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 06:02 PM
link   
Lawyers have made our legal system soft. No one cares and in fact the flaunt the system because they know nothing will happen to them. We need to go back to public hangings where little Johnny got to see someone get their neck stretched and thought twice about committing an illegal act against his fellow human/civilization.

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 06:02 PM
link   
I always wondered if this was how the judicial system SHOULD be. Say someone killed my mother, I used to wonder if it would be a better punishment to put a gun in my or my siblings hands and leave it up to us. If we chose not to kill him then he can go to jail like the rest of them. The love in me tells me this is wrong, but I've gotta say, if someone deliberately blinded my daughter, and I got a hold of this person, chances are I would physically remove both of their eyes. Wrong as it may be, can you honestly say that person doesn't deserve it? People who deliberately cause life lasting injuries to others, both mentally and physically and possibly even spiritually, deserve no sympathy in my opinion. The punishment should fit the crime. Is there a better fitting punishment for this man? What about the poor girl he blinded? Sure it's not going to give her eyesight back, but I guarantee he won't soon forget the monstrous act he committed to this INNOCENT woman. He is no longer innocent, and shouldn't be treated as such.

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 06:03 PM
link   
reply to post by pityocamptes

Sure, why not.

Lets set humanity's development back a couple of hundred years.

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 06:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by AnteBellum

What did they do to get this punishment?

I can't quite figure it out.

Short and skinny:

He poured acid in her face because she wouldn't date him. She's blind and disfigured. He will be blinded by her or the state tomorrow morning, ten drops each eye, she has the right to do it herself. International outrage. Islamic law.

Sri Oracle

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 06:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by pityocamptes
Lawyers have made our legal system soft. No one cares and in fact the flaunt the system because they know nothing will happen to them. We need to go back to public hangings where little Johnny got to see someone get their neck stretched and thought twice about committing an illegal act against his fellow human/civilization.

Ahhhh, the good old days.

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 06:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by descartes90
I have a better idea. We are now getting close to restoring people's eyesight via technology. Why not sue the guy and make him pay for the treatment for the woman once the tech is available?

Because the victim reportedly did not want "blood money". In court she adamantly fought for a sentence in the way of retribution.

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 06:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrB0B

Sure, why not.

Lets set humanity's development back a couple of hundred years.

Yes, why not? Crime was lower, especially out in the old west. Our laws today ensure nothing happens to you if you do something bad. Hell, I know people who have gotten shorter sentences on murder than drugs. Yea, where is the "justice" there?

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 06:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Caji316
Even though I don't hold for the bibles "an eye for an eye" for punishment, it sure would get America straitened out really quick....The jails and prisons would be quickly emptied....save us a lot of money also....

i'm told a huge portion of USA prisoners are doing time because of maryjane and street substances. so what is their eye for an eye? may also want to consider the portion of the prison population that has been wrongly accused/convicted; The Innocence Project is proving there are wrongly imprisoned people doing time pretty steadily.

if we really had a justice system in America i'd be right with you. but we're far from just and humane treatment as it is, with our system punishing instead of rehabilitating while privatization is lining the pockets of people who already have more money than they need. we also have a portion of people in jail that should be in mental institutions getting the supervision and help they desperately need. it's a real mess and more harsh treatment isn't going to make things better.

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 06:08 PM
link   
Sounds fair to me, litterally an eye for a eye .True justice .Holding someone accountable is one thing, such as a jail sentance.1 year,3,5 or 10 it does not matter to me .The offender should suffer the same fate he forced on another ! No taking his eyes does not bring back the eyes of the victim .But he must experience what the victim does.He should expect nothing less ?

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 06:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ear-Responsible
I always wondered if this was how the judicial system SHOULD be. Say someone killed my mother, I used to wonder if it would be a better punishment to put a gun in my or my siblings hands and leave it up to us. If we chose not to kill him then he can go to jail like the rest of them. The love in me tells me this is wrong, but I've gotta say, if someone deliberately blinded my daughter, and I got a hold of this person, chances are I would physically remove both of their eyes. Wrong as it may be, can you honestly say that person doesn't deserve it? People who deliberately cause life lasting injuries to others, both mentally and physically and possibly even spiritually, deserve no sympathy in my opinion. The punishment should fit the crime. Is there a better fitting punishment for this man? What about the poor girl he blinded? Sure it's not going to give her eyesight back, but I guarantee he won't soon forget the monstrous act he committed to this INNOCENT woman. He is no longer innocent, and shouldn't be treated as such.

Nobody is innocent. I think we fool ourselves with this guilty/innocent dictonomy. It pretty much destroys anyone's chance to reform if they commit evil acts. Even though this woman probably never did anything as bad as blind someone out of spite, the fact that she wants revenge so badly shows she is not an 'innocent'. Nobody is though. Even children are not innocent, if that were true, there would be no such thing as schoolyard bullying, right?

Nobody is innocent and nobody is a monster. We are all human, and we are all entitled to inalienable human rights.

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 06:09 PM
link   
reply to post by MrB0B

If you stop doing barbaric acts, barbaric acts will happen to you. This is REALITY, it's not SUGARLAND full of love and unicorns. GTFO.

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 06:10 PM
link   
reply to post by MrB0B

You need to really open your eyes, and see REALITY as it is.

MIGHT EQUALS RIGHT - Plain and simple. Make sure your might is strong.

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 06:11 PM
link   

Well now, lets look at the reality of those claims shall we?

The 'Wild West', when people were killed over a horse....not quite today's crime of passion.

Research proves that capital punishment has no affect on crime rates.

I agree that there should be consequences for breaking the law, however, to change others you must model desired behavior not mirror theirs.

link   
reply to post by descartes90

Nobody are monsters?? I was almost with you until that statement. Guess people like Hitler were just like the rest of us huh

link   
reply to post by MrB0B

All you can propose is that we simply do not blind the man, even when he has blinded another?

You are the SICK in this world.

link   

Originally posted by Ksorum
reply to post by MrB0B

If you stop doing barbaric acts, barbaric acts will happen to you. This is REALITY, it's not SUGARLAND full of love and unicorns. GTFO.

Sadly, this I have to agree with.

I have no issue with eye for an eye, with 100% positive perfect proof that is.

link   

Originally posted by pityocamptes

Yes, why not? Crime was lower, especially out in the old west. Our laws today ensure nothing happens to you if you do something bad. Hell, I know people who have gotten shorter sentences on murder than drugs. Yea, where is the "justice" there?

have you ever thought of all the murder, rape, and mayhem that went on then but was never reported? today we have the technology that it's a lot rarer to 'get away' with stuff. today is much safer, people who say the past was a more innocent time than today are merely idle-talking.

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 06:12 PM
link   
Does he deserve it? yes, should it be done? no.
That kind of punishment is wrong on so many levels

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join