It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Miracle" in Fátima Portugal Today

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 07:07 PM
link   
Cool Photos. SnF.
There is no convincing the people who's eyes have been closed by G_D. Only G_D The Father can revel himself to those he chooses. These events are here to inspire us that trudge along the narrow path. After all "Iron Sharpens Iron." Insults and persecutions for our faith in The Lord G_D Jesus Christ, turn int our heavenly treasure. The more they oppress us, the richer we become. Praise The Lord Jesus Christ.

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 07:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by AnotherYOU
Reply to post by Manula

this was only noted because a group of uneducated and gullible catholics(sic) happened to crawl from their damp churches and actually look up.
if it was any other day people wouldnt(sic) be looking everywhere for a sign.
to religious folk anything is a sign...

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

Wow, pretty hateful thing to say.
I'm sure you'll get stars and applause's for that one.

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 07:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by AQ6666
What I find most interesting is the coincidences:
Yes, coincidences are interesting.

- Being May 13th;
On another day it could have been ignored.

- Only watched in Fatima;
Are you sure?

- Immediatly after J. Paul II video on the sanctuary big screen;
That may be the biggest coincidence.

- The miracle of the sun back in 1917
That's not a coincidence, that's the reason all those people were there.

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 07:27 PM
link   

this was only noted because a group of uneducated and gullible catholics happened to crawl from their damp churches and actually look up.
That's not a nice thing to say about people you don't even know, regardless of your views about their choice in religion.

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 07:34 PM
link   
yes i have made a pretty distasteful if not hateful generalization, i know.

still i stand by it, as i could not find better words. and im not trying to pass of as a saint.

it is MY opinion, and since im not a religion its not like im trying to convert anyone.

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 07:48 PM
link   
The ""the miracle of the sun"" ,
is all about the way people without scientific knowledge, try to reason and come to terms with events that they can not explain.

This was either a pole shift in the making or some other anomaly that affected earths rotation/wobble.

Edit to add: Now, I'm not dissin God, or the powers of belief.....I'm just saying Many strange occurrences that happened long ago, can now easily be explained with science.

Because of science, Virgin sacrifices are no longer necessary.....for the most part.
edit on 13-5-2011 by 1000TonBlocks because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 07:57 PM
link   

yes i have made a pretty distasteful if not hateful generalization, i know.

still i stand by it, as i could not find better words. and im not trying to pass of as a saint.

it is MY opinion, and since im not a religion its not like im trying to convert anyone.

But why be hateful towards people who find joy and hope in such an event? Who cares if they are right, it made their day and it was meaningful to them.

When I go outside at night for a smoke or a glass of wine, or just to sit, if I see a halo around the moon I always smile. Sure, I see it once a month, but I find it beautiful. They haven't offended you, so why be offensive?

edit on 5/13/2011 by Konah because: grammar

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 07:58 PM
link   
Felt tricked. Misleading title. Title should be changed to

"Miracle" in Fátima Portugal on Today's Date in 1917

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 07:59 PM
link   
reply to post by JohnySeagull

It wasn't today. See my post above this one. Misleading thread title.

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 08:03 PM
link   
OP very powerful message sent to us all today, good post.

Someone is trying to tell us something...

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 08:05 PM
link   
More info here for those interested.
Nothing else to add. Just an interesting phenomena.

www.atoptics.co.uk...

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 08:12 PM
link   
Reply to post by Konah

why be offensive? because i can, because its part of our nature too.

harsh words never killed anyone.

and yes those people have offended me.

by not denying ignorance.

they are all about their god and their religion, but they cant recognize a common event in their god's kingdom.

or should we change the ats motto to "do not deny ignorance if its the peoples belief to be ignorant"?

plus im allowed to generalize catholics, they generalize the rest of us too, as sinners or not to be saved.

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 08:20 PM
link   
Reply to post by AnotherYOU

how is this for yet another cruel but accurate generalization?

all the "believers" posting in this thread would be posting the same exact comments even if this was a thread about somebody finding a jesus image in a piece of toast...

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 03:41 AM
link   
I`m not far from Fatima and didn`t see it happen to the sun. Besides this is a country where, besides bad and corrupt politicians, nothing strange usualy happens.

Of course for the mystic way of thinking, all the coincidences have a huge meaning. Even for the superstitious ones. Remember it wasn´t just May 13th, but friday 13th as well.
For those with just a scientific point of view, this means nothing but a normal sun phenomena.

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 03:56 AM
link   
reply to post by AQ6666

This new video of what happened on Friday May 13th 2011 may actually explain the original miracles.

The original children may have simply being witnessing the sun reflecting on the clouds. This is a very common occurance. I have my own pictures of this somewhere its that common.

Mystery of Fatima solved. Thanks OP.

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 04:36 AM
link   
reply to post by JohnySeagull

I don`t think it was a simmilar phenomena. It looks more like an UFO event:

O Milagre do Sol (Miracle of the Sun) refers to an event on 13 October 1917, when 30,000 to 100,000 people gathered near Fátima, Portugal, to witness an expected miracle. Three young shepherd children had predicted that at high-noon, the Blessed Virgin Mary would appear in the Cova da Iria fields. According to many witness statements, after a downfall of rain, the dark clouds broke and the sun appeared as an opaque, spinning disc in the sky.[1] It was said to be significantly duller than normal, and to cast multicolored lights across the landscape, the shadows on the landscape, the people, and the surrounding clouds.[1] The sun was then reported to have careened towards the earth in a zigzag pattern,[1] frightening some of those present who thought it meant the end of the world.[2] Witnesses reported that their previously wet clothes became "suddenly and completely dry, as well as the wet and muddy ground that had been previously soaked because of the rain that had been falling"

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 04:39 AM
link   
reply to post by ArMaP

As I said above, I`m not far from Fatima and didn`t see it. For me the sun was as normal as usual.

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 04:55 AM
link   

Reply to post by Konah[

harsh words never killed anyone.

I hope you never experience the bullying of a child so much to the point that they feel like they have to commit suicide, like some teenagers already have in recent years. Your statement is the biggest crock I have heard here in a while, and I've lurked for years.

I felt compelled enough to post this, because, unfortunately, I know a famiy to whom this happened.

Shame on you for that comment alone.

I hope your eyes are opened someday for when tragedy rears its ugly head in your life.

/end hijack thread

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 05:11 AM
link   
reply to post by AQ6666

The coloured rings around the sun are a diffraction pattern created by diffraction of rays of sunlight by minute ice crystals in cirrus clouds. Its scientific explanation is here:
docs.google.com...:ALlniNgxzHgJ:www.fh-brandenburg.de/~piweb/mitarbeiter/papers/PhysEd_Coronas.pdf+diffraction+halo+around+sun& hl=en&pid=bl&srcid=ADGEESinQdLeBEMU1ijQfqLE516HGQJ2Qvpl7K3FNzZBfKDKABmf1tpFtT4jylJGMavr48mjGgiUe-VdzYWKOOo0PBQx0oeL2gNs0xcF9nY81Y6ra64ARxRo33aKG0A4Ngo -zNjAzTVD&sig=AHIEtbTjuiR1GO6emp11yU8bQrLoGX5khw

Here's LOTS more!:

images.google.com...
edit on 14-5-2011 by micpsi because: Typo corrected

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 07:24 AM
link   
reply to post by AQ6666

Thank you for that reference you quoted. That sounds like exactly the same thing to me.

I have to say the Fatima event really looks like a weather event.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join