It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

You are Ready! But, is your Wife / Girlfriend?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 01:20 PM
link   
You ndn's are gonna be a real touchstone for the white folks I think.

I've lived on a reservation (working) and there's still something of the old-ways and means to the native's there.
They can fix things and although it's desolate I think if everything fell apart they wouldn't be in complete disarray. Hell some might even be glad about it!

Maybe that's the next phase.
The native's came along 1000s of years ago
Then white colonists came along and the power shifted away from the indian's.
Maybe the final phase will be both forced to work together or something?

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 01:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by WatchRider
You ndn's are gonna be a real touchstone for the white folks I think.

I've lived on a reservation (working) and there's still something of the old-ways and means to the native's there.
They can fix things and although it's desolate I think if everything fell apart they wouldn't be in complete disarray. Hell some might even be glad about it!

Maybe that's the next phase.
The native's came along 1000s of years ago
Then white colonists came along and the power shifted away from the indian's.
Maybe the final phase will be both forced to work together or something?

It seems like it. In my view some sort of hybrid way of living will come out of all this. It's certainly going to be local and more intune with nature. The thing is will the Natives be willing to teach their ways to the white man and adapt at the same time? Migration from larger cities will be inevitable I think.

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 01:49 PM
link   
when it comes to wives and girlfriends and women

1 hope they have been taught self defense

2 i hate to use this analogy but keep them on a short leash or keep them in eye distance.

people in shtf scenario there are going to be alot of bad people around and alot of things can happen

rape is the biggest concern.

even if you have to go all caveman on her to protect her do it.

PROTECT your women at all costs .

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 02:23 PM
link   
You guys.. ROFL!!
The rez is compromised beyond all recognition. The feds and the BIA made sure of that and made a great effort to make sure the truth of it is covered. Sure.. self sufficiency on a rez is going down and getting commodities.. know why? The land is crap and there is no industry. Good luck with that self sufficient system on a rez folks. Our culture is compromised beyond all recognition and this last generation seems to have put the last nail in the coffin. My dad was a radical traditionalist as was my mother. They saw it for what it was.. you whites have romanticized it.. and my people have swallowed the kool aid,commodity cheese and powdered eggs so much their brains are too mush to grasp what the traditionalists are showing them.

Ive heard the great "survivalists" on here say they are running to a rez as soon as TSHTF.. good luck. Youll die. I dont care what "friend" you have on the Rez.. you better realize that that "friend" wont speak for the people.. and the sleeper elders who just wait for the opportunity to set things right. #1 There is no abundant food or shelter or anything else on a rez. we were all given the worst land possible. As soon as any resources were thought to be there, we were chucked off and "relocated to a better place". #2 we dont want you as you contribute nothing and only take.. even the traditionalist are hard pressed to care for their own living under such restrictive boundaries. #3 a rez is a slave camp.. if you had read any history youd see the concentration camps were a take off of the initial idea of a reservation for NDNs starting in 1492 with the Spanish. The new Americans just refined it. Hitler seemed to think it was a GREAT way to not only contain an undesirable and potentially dangerous people, but to make sure they never breed outside of its boundaries. Danger can be in ideology and reluctance to give up ones culture. The Rez? It was a great success. Look around.. blacks love to pretend they are minority.. but who is the real minority here? You'd CHOOSE that?? Incredible. There is a whole series of this. Its not my favorite, but it was the quickest I could find. DO NOT buy into the BS that youve been told about the rez or how the rez is now such a wonderful place..even the majority of the idiots ON Rez have bought into it walking around with their hands out... . www.youtube.com...

If you wish to learn from the elders.. good luck. Theyre all dead for the most part and we never had written history. It was passed down as it should be.. by example and instruction within a collective community. It was a working method from the start. The reservation has seen to ending that as well. Your written " wisdom of the Elders" is BS some white person wrote down, manipulated, and cherry picked.. and the history/wisdom written down came from the folks that were already ON a reservation in the first place! Before any of it was ever written down for the consumption of whites, most of us were killed off and our elders were gone as well as our original culture. Youre taking the "wisdom" from a person who had already gave up and only a shadow of a true elder. Am I an angry NDN? Yep... but maybe not at who youd assume.

I like whites, married a white guy, have half white kids.. and live in white American culture. I consider myself an American and an NDN.. ( Piegan Blackfeet.. Siksika) I have never felt a conflict. I am not one to ask for ridiculous apologies or reparations.. you owe nothing to me and arent responsible for it. The only thing YOU are responsible for is believing the BS and perpetuating the lies. The rez is no utopia.. it is a slave camp.. dont ever forget it. Dont be guilty for it either. White people better stop being wimps..
As it is now, every NDN has the ability to walk off he Rez and be successful and self sufficient. They dont, happy slaves. I have a CDIB, my family lives there, I COULD live in rez now and take advantage of all of the perks. No effing way. I cant work for what Im working for.. the change within my culture.. and live the slave life at the same time. The Rez is the LAST place I want to be in a disaster or SHTF scenario!

You dont need anything but you and your own mind to survive whatever life throws at you. No culture or elder will save you. No hidden knowledge is there to be found. Use EVERYTHING at your disposal and learn the skills/mindset to survive. After that, we can work on **not** being slaves TOGETHER.

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 02:46 PM
link   
Scratch that idea
. No offense but I seriously don't think anyone is running to rezzes anytime soon. Regardless we are probably all screwed

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 03:33 PM
link   
I've have taken the time over the last 5 years to make sure my wife can walk 10 miles like I can and do it with a heavy pack on her back. I've made certain that she is a competent and accurate shooter. I've made sure that she can defend herself with her hands if need be.

If there's one thing my wife won't become is a willing victim of an assailant or circumstance. She can't do everything I can, but she can keep up.

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 03:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chewingonmushrooms
Scratch that idea
. No offense but I seriously don't think anyone is running to rezzes anytime soon. Regardless we are probably all screwed

Oh youd be surprised what some "survivalists" on ATS have claimed theyll do. In fact, 2 of them in chat even told of their groups and what rez they will go to when they see signs of TSHTF. If it hadnt been said, Id have not addressed it as I know they circle this section like vultures.

Look around, people claim they will bug out to the hills.. even in a nuke event.. and eat other humans regardless of the bounty of food available. See the thread titled something like Run to the Hills. Of course, they have the finest in BoB supples, yet they know noting of radiation exposure while running to the hills with their entire families to steal from those who have had the sense to prepare. Read the threads.. youll see why I said I see many walking dead.

It wont matter if the wife or GF is on board with survival preps if you don't know what the hell you are doing in the first place and have some half-assed goofball plan.

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 03:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by projectvxn
I've have taken the time over the last 5 years to make sure my wife can walk 10 miles like I can and do it with a heavy pack on her back. I've made certain that she is a competent and accurate shooter. I've made sure that she can defend herself with her hands if need be.

If there's one thing my wife won't become is a willing victim of an assailant or circumstance. She can't do everything I can, but she can keep up.

I think you 2 are a good team to be honest from all we've talked about. You had the sense to choose someone who has some sense herself. I find it strange people will choose to marry others that are almost enemies and try to "change" them after the fact.

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 03:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Advantage

Scratch that idea

Oh youd be surprised what some "survivalists" on ATS have claimed theyll do. In fact, 2 of them in chat even told of their groups and what rez they will go to when they see signs of TSHTF. If it hadnt been said, Id have not addressed it as I know they circle this section like vultures.

Look around, people claim they will bug out to the hills.. even in a nuke event.. and eat other humans regardless of the bounty of food available. See the thread titled something like Run to the Hills. Of course, they have the finest in BoB supples, yet they know noting of radiation exposure while running to the hills with their entire families to steal from those who have had the sense to prepare. Read the threads.. youll see why I said I see many walking dead.

It wont matter if the wife or GF is on board with survival preps if you don't know what the hell you are doing in the first place and have some half-assed goofball plan.

Very true. I've read a lot of things people have said and most of it comes of as unrealistic. I hope that if SHTF that people will try their best to help each other out, but the part of me that sees the "f everyone I'm for myself" all around me make me think otherwise. Personally I know I am screwed and have accepted it. In my eyes this isn't the only life, and the msytery that follows death surely will be answer whether sooner or later.

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 03:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Advantage

Ashley did not require much from me except some coaching on how to become more assertive. I've become less impulsive as a result of what she's taught me.

We do make a good team.

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 03:58 PM
link   
reply to post by WatchRider

I know that if you prep for things your other half knows you do and you have talked ...more than likely, I for 1 talk with my GF and she knows that I do things, she doesn't know all the preps that I have but does support what I am thinking and since we both have our own $$, I buy whatever I want, when I want to ...as does she.

I have had talks and shown her video's/true stories and things from places I have been, and she has never said anything to discourage me ...in fact she helps me find things that I am looking for at times....I make a lot more than her so she doesn't have much for herself, however, I have the basics covered for her and so she'll be good to go.

We have chatted about where I might be headed to if X Y or Z happen...she knows that she is welcome to come along.
Having someone that gets it...makes it a lot easier to plan, prep, and accomplish things.

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 06:50 PM
link   
I don't know about other women, but I can hold my own, and I have a plan. I don't understand why a woman would even have to have things explained to her. I thought those days were gone....all I know is if I were married, I would have my man's back, or anyone else I cared about, to the best of my ablility.....no explaination necessary. I am ready, alone or with someone. You can't always depend on someone else to carry you. In that kind of situation, it's essential you know what to do and how to do it, because you may not have anyone else to rely on.

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 07:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Advantage

Scratch that idea

You make out that ALL reservation's are a lost cause?
I've been told that the Apache reservation's are certainly a 'raw' deal but some other's are said (by american friends of mine) to of really gotten there act together.
Drinking is a big horror to the reservation's, the one I lived on actually banned it because of the damage it does to the community.

There's bound to be some better than other's I say...

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 07:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by StealthyKat
I don't know about other women, but I can hold my own, and I have a plan. I don't understand why a woman would even have to have things explained to her. I thought those days were gone....all I know is if I were married, I would have my man's back, or anyone else I cared about, to the best of my ablility.....no explaination necessary. I am ready, alone or with someone. You can't always depend on someone else to carry you. In that kind of situation, it's essential you know what to do and how to do it, because you may not have anyone else to rely on.

Unfortunately, the generation Y girls in western civilisation are probably the most clueless one's to of graced this planet in many years.
Hence what obviously comes naturally to lady's such as yourself is much less likely with this recent generation of, pardon my french, clueless (insert f-word)wit.

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 08:12 PM
link   

Isn't this what blunt objects were invented for? I am ready and ready or not SHE is coming with me!!!
I am just kidding by the way...there is no she... women do not like my farts.

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 09:29 AM
link   
If more people raised their daughters to be prepared for TSHTF, fewer girls would be exploited, and even, God forbid, raped.

My kids are not allowed to be home by themselves, or to be over at someone else's house with no parent present. And the parent has to be one who sees things the way I do.

I trust my kids to be children. I'm raising them to be good parents when their turn comes; but in the meantime, I trust the world to be itself.

With that kind of outlook, family and friends respect my beliefs even when they don't share them.

I cannot imagine what its like to have a spouse, your co-parent, disagree with you about fundamental world-view.

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 08:41 PM
link   
I think alot of people say they're ready, but are not. Although we def have the right mindset, we can't say that we truly are, until we've been in a real SHTF scenario.. So we can't sit here and say that our significant others may lead to our demise because of their lack of willingness to en dour a SHTF moment.. HUMANS are natural survivors, once it happens I think EVERYONE'S Instincts will kick in, regardless of who you are.. That's just my two cents..

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 08:53 PM
link   
Hubby may have the all the muscles, but I have all the sharp-shooter trophies.

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 11:25 AM
link   

That's a shame. I don't understand that.....but I have taken care of myself all my life, and the thought of depending on someone else for my survival scares me to death. I mean, if a woman depends on her sig other to take care of her.......what if he gets killed? It's a MUST for women to know how to survive. There might be some situations where I wouldn't have a chance, since I am small, but I can use weapons, and know survival techniques, and I would die fighting if it came to that. It could be like "every man/woman for themselves", and you better be able to hold your own. That's just good logic in normal life anyway.

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 11:55 AM
link   

had a girl that was 100% ready for the "shtf" but we broke up. we still talk and she is more ready than ever and im proud of her for that. she comes froma very aware family and i have total faith in her. the woman im with now i have some faith in but with anything id rather go at it alone in a sitation like the sh*t hitting the fan. love and caring would hafta be put in the back of the mind in order to save your own ass. having loved ones around is a distration in a sitation like that. and i would need all the concentration i had to surive in a situation like sh*t hitting the fan.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join