It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It's time for the young to take over !

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 10:19 PM
link   
I just completed a year back to school, and differences in intellect are staggering compared to 20 years ago, when I first went. Not only is the lack of intellect stunning, the sense of entitlement and nonchalance these kids have nowadays makes me seriously fear what will become of this country. Yes, I know that every generation dumps the one before and after but my god, there is seriously something wrong going on here, something much more sinister than communism, rock and roll or Elvis shaking his hips on TeeVee. One class started with 25 and only 8 passed, another started with 21 and only five showed up for finals. These kids are borderline retarded, increasingly sociopathic and are proud of it. Back in the day, I would see 2 or 3 drop. These classes are not exactly Calculus II, far from it. Of course I will identify my generation as the last great hope, the gen X crowd, therefore, I humbly request you raise your age to 45 and eliminate the under 20 crowd ASAP. And it is all the boomer s fault
although the kids these days are gen x's kids!!!

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 10:24 PM
link   
Take a look through history, especially the last century, and you'll see that every generation makes the same promise of building a better future, and every generation is worst than the last. With the advent of digital technology, this is only exacerbated as the new generations becomes more dependent on luxury to survive. This truth does not speak to all, but it does speak to the majority.
Mankind doesn't have the wisdom to build a truly successful society, and the average man shouldn't be living beyond the entrance of a cave yet, and until a time comes when crutches like money, class, and religion are no longer a human necessity, we won't be ready.
Our greatest wealths and businesses in this world are based on the most archaic practices (oil, nuclear, coal), and until we can let go of the illusion of wealth that holds these elite to throne, we're doomed to repeat this cycle of failure indefinitely.
There are ways that humanity can thrive, and that everyone could live fair and balanced lives, but the truth of the matter is, no one is ready to hear them.
You can blame the old for their failures, but you can also blame the 20-30 something dot com gens who made millions by destroying small businesses. These guys are no better than the billionaire Wal-Mart corps who destroy towns. The 20 year old stock broker or banker is no better than the 50-60 year old professional in the same trade. Greed, arrogance, and pride are ubiquitous.
There are a few who are ready for a change, but until everyone is ready to get on board, then change will never come, and the status quo will continue.

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 10:25 PM
link   
reply to post by The Sword

You have a good point about becoming our parents, the amount of times I used to think yh h when I have kids I'll never say that or do that like my father. 25 years later I've used every single one liner or idiom and tactic to try and instill a little bit of wisdom in my kids.
I am willing to bet in 25 years time if you have a family of your own you will have used every single lesson your parents tried to teach you, on your own children. So certain in fact I'd bet everything I earn from now until the day I kick the bucket on it.

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 10:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThoroughlyThoriated
And it is all the boomer s fault
although the kids these days are gen x's kids!!!

Exactly.
These generation wars were a huge phenom all over the net ten years ago, but have died down with the arrival of the newest gen. Unfortunately a few of them have been contaminated by their preceeding classes.

IN CASE ANYONE'S FEELINGS WERE HURT,

W.E...D.O.N.'T...B.L.A.M.E...G.E.N.E.R.A.T.I.O.N.S.

You do.

David Grouchy

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 10:31 PM
link   

Here is the dream.

Notice the product placement,
the sense of angst,
the emotions.

David Grouchy

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 10:32 PM
link   

Here is the reality.

Any questions?

David Grouchy

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 10:34 PM
link   
this was tried in the sixties, it didn't work. sorry but age isn't the problem, greed and over all disregaurd for human rights is the real cause, and those nagitive traits affect all ages.

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 10:39 PM
link   
What are the chances of anyone changing the world to be a better place if we start with blame. We need to Unite as one and have Faith if we are ever going to have Peace in any of the current generations lifetime.

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 10:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Realms
Yeah...let me know how that works out for ya?

It is proven that the children of today and tomorrow have no pride in themselves, and expect a handout at every curve. I used to work in the educational field, ( a university to be exact ) and you wont believe some of the most naive comments and thought processes that come from the college students of today....our country is doomed with that type of ignorance. Not to mention a wasted education.

Then there is always the French solution to dealing with an arrogant class like you old geezers. You broke to social compact, yet still expect us to honor our end?

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 10:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by jude11
Agreed but for one point.

Every generation says the same thing about generations past.

Who says the young will make it better? It has never happened in human history. That's how we got to this mess in the first place. Younger generations doing the same thing as the last...but with more advanced technology and knowledge taken from the elders.

It's not the age or knowledge, it's how you use it. And so far, it's never worked out.

Just because the younger generation is angry (rightly so) doesn't mean they will all of a sudden change the World.

In an ideal World, the younger generation would point out the mistakes, learn from the mistakes of their elders and then use the wisdom to make the difference.

Human Nature however, makes us repeat history. This is our downfall.

BTW, I do agree with your point.

I used to be young and foolish...Now I'm old and stupid. Your turn next.

edit on 12-5-2011 by jude11 because: (no reason given)

Your knowledge of history is laughable. For MOST 99% of human history a few sociopaths ruled the rest.
Only in the last 200 years have humans achieved meaningful self rule to some degree. You boomers are just the worst American's ever. The get rich quick generation that didn't care who they stabbed in the back as long as they got a few dollars out of it.

And the boomers didn't even influence politics till the 80's with Reaganomics, an economic theory that appealed to a generation of self absorbed narcissistic parasites.

You can down play it all you want, but when the boomers where our age they had it made. Stable employment, affordable housing, affordable gas/energy. What do we got? Bread and circus. You filthy old pigs sold our future out to bump up your 401k.

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 10:53 PM
link   
I fit into this category and think it's a bad idea. However, I would love to see a generation of self-indulgent, self-important, tattooed, whinging, antidepressant addicts who can't function without their iPhones and facebook rule the world.

I think it would be quite a spectacle to see.
edit on 12-5-2011 by JudasIscariot because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 10:57 PM
link   
reply to post by JudasIscariot

You make an excellent point. We are already in a flat spin we wont recover from. It might be interesting to see how exciting and crazy they could make the last few moments.

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 10:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by korathin

Then there is always the French solution to dealing with an arrogant [color=gold]class like you old geezers. You broke to social compact, yet still expect us to honor our end?

There it is.
We got one.
Ageism is the new class warfare.
Pretty soon they'll be talking guillotines.

Oh, wait... does that say "french solution" ?!?
So at the first sign of having their feelings hurt this is the response.

/head shake at selfishness of it all.

Break out of your programming. Go for a walk. Pet a dog. Raise an indoor plant.
You know why all your media suxxor so bad. Cause none of you have acutally lived a life.
It's all regurgitated media. Just mash ups of all the stuff that has come before. How come none of you
has a new story to tell but think you have all the new solutions. Let me guess. None of you actually know
how to make any of the stuff, only where to buy it, but it's really great stuff and will make the whole earth green.

David Grouchy

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 11:02 PM
link   
Frankly, the young are too stupid, too indulged, too self absorbed to take over much of anything. And even if they could they sure couldn't run it. Come get me I'm old, smart, mean, and well armed.

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 11:03 PM
link   
Well you could say God thinks its a good idea for the young to rule. He did tell his followers to gather the eldest son of each family and they shall be the Levite tribe and they shall be in charge of everything holy. They also got 10 percent from the other 11 tribes. My math says they got 110 percent for the Levites and the best of all cattle and crops. So come on you holy rollers give the kids the power and glory they are entitled to. And give up the best you have for them God said so.
edit on 12-5-2011 by JBA2848 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 11:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by JBA2848
Well you could say God thinks its a good idea for the young to rule. He did tell his followers to gather the eldest son of each family and they shall be the Levite tribe and they shall be in charge of everything holly. They also got 10 percent from the other 11 tribes. My math says they got 110 percent for the Levites and the best of all cattle and crops. So come on you holly rollers give the kids the power and glory they are entitled to. And give up the best you have for them God said so.

In that particular case it was because the older generation had
melted down all the straight edges, rulers, and compasses to make a golden cow.
So Moses had to take the youngsters into kindergarden, and fourty years later they had
advanced enough math to make their own surveying equipment, so they could go in and "possess" the land.

In this case it is the young who can't do math,
don't know how to draft or survey,
and worship gold.

/pimp slap for wasting my time

And that is one of the worst uses of percents I have ever seen. Seriously. Did you just say they got 110 percent. Where is my "you're doing it wrong" poster.

David Grouchy
edit on 12-5-2011 by davidgrouchy because: (no reason given)

edit on 12-5-2011 by davidgrouchy because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 11:16 PM
link   
reply to post by davidgrouchy

What is 10 percent from 11 tribes? Which is to be given to the 12th tribe?

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 11:19 PM
link   
Having read the OP, this is the general idea that I am getting from what is presented:
That people, who are older, have messed up and need to step down and allow for those who are younger to take more of a direct control over the situation in all areas, such as government and business.
While the idea may seem appealing, however, life is never like that and ultimately will not lead to anything good in the long run. The older generation, while they may seem to do things that are redundant, do have the years of experience and wisdom behind their actions, to be able to ensure that what every the goals are, get accomplished. I once managed a business, successfully, having been assigned there, and taking a look at what all was going on. While the majority of the staff was young, 90%, the condition of the business was in shambles. They took no pride in what they were doing, and it was on the verge of chaos. They often did not understand that the very rules they were wanting to break, were there to protect them from potential lawsuits. Time and time again, this was demonstrated, some costing thousands of dollars to correct. It was not for a lack of training, as they did sign off on that they understood the rules, and they understood the job. (I had them read and sign off on the job description.) Yet, while there was some creativity, and for those who strived, promotion, they did not care, only seeing their job as a means to an end. When asked about voting, all of them could care less about actually getting involved in the political system. Even when it came to the laws that restricted them, they did not lift or want to lift a hand to actually fight for their rights and freedoms. Many often see the system to give to them, rather than earning those benefits.
I think that all young people need to spend 4 years in the military first and foremost, before joining the workforce, or going to school, that way they learn about discipline, and what it is to have to work hard to achieve a goal.
And with the way the education system is going, I feel sorry for the children that are graduating from schools, as the focus is more and more on taking tests, rather than learning valuable skills to make them successful. Along with the rules, where the young people do not tend to get the concept of cause and effect, a lack of fear and in some cases decency.

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 11:19 PM
link   
reply to post by davidgrouchy

And what has this country done besides worshiping the golden cow and gluttony. At least with the young ruling they would be able to keep there social security and medicare and not give it up to the over 55 and the rest in tax breaks for the gluttony rich.

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 11:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by JBA2848

What is 10 percent from 11 tribes? Which is to be given to the 12th tribe?

Hint: adding percents before determining the numerical answer is ALWAYS a bad idea.

David Grouchy

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join