It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It's time for the young to take over !

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 08:22 AM
link   
Good Idea/Bad idea thats all im reading from these responses.

heres a better subect. HOW?

HOW do we repair this corrupt system?

How do we make the change we want to see?

how do we transform the world into a beautiful place to live for everyone?

Old people, young people... ive seen kids that have acted ten times their age and adults that have acted like children. Age shouldnt be a qualification.
Qualitys should be qualifications.
Compassion, Care, Emotion, Empathy, The people running the show and making the shots are lacking general care and feelings for the people who are suffering from their actions.

I want to see a beautifully transformed world, with leaps in psychic/spiritual and technological advances, a world where our world (earth, the environment) is priority number One, then followed by our general pursuit of happiness.

I want to see a big change in global Paradigms, so that people are more compassionate about life, the earth, and one another. These things are lacking all across the boards (Come on be heart felt people)

Sometimes i hate living in this cold mean world. I dream of a much more idealistic society, a little more like RPG/Fantasy videogames...(i know of some of you know what i mean)

Anyway How the hell are we going to reach any of our dreams?
we must ORGANIZE
The internet is a great means for us to organize, but you know if SHTF- theyll pull the plug on it.
Social Networking is a powerful thing, and thru it we can create our OWN government
where we establish our own goals, and make them happen,

I believe a idealistic future could be lead to by means of the internet, perhaps a sort of website/forum/social networking thing. This 'thing' would be part of our government, and we could all be connected to one another thru it.
we could connect the world, each and every person to one another, and make BIG SH!T happen.

THE SYSTEM was good.
The system was mathmatically configured by our masonic fore fathers (from top down like a pyramid, checks and balances), and its not a bad system. Today tho- our system is still in place, HOWEVER, something else is in the equation, golfing it up. Corporations! MONEY! the fed! wallstreet.

I think there need to be great changes.

"we are facing a dangerous spirit ahead, if we do not stop and change some of these wrong doings now, we are all going to suffer. either things we made will over take us, or nature will take over. Earthquake, Flood, Rain, Drought, Lightning, Wind. These things will warn us we are not following the laws of the great spirit" - probabley a native american.

I think there is hope for change still.
I think that we need a jump start. Either a global awakening (but how willl that happen) or some terrible great global disaster (as if japan wasnt enough) to wake us up.

Maybe it would help if there was a sort of leader that the revolutionary minority idealized. A figure that would light the spark of the revolution. But is a revolution what we need? Or a spritual shock wave to the heart?
IDEAS????

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 08:25 AM
link   
reply to post by doctornamtab

No, the old don't want the power to fade. That is why we are having abrupt change, economy wise. The passing of the elder generation's assets to the youth should be a natural process, parents to children. The national passing of the USA economy to the next generation has failed a few times already, but since it is so large it has managed to masquerade as such for so long. The housing market has continued to spiral downwards even though my paents say hold on and wait. I'm still waiting, from 2001 yet my property is still in decline.

Unless the older generations give up their monteary worth to the younger generations within the USA, other nations will suck off the prosperity before the younger generation of the USA get a chance of getting the work that was done before them in the USA

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 08:26 AM
link   
ok - it's all yers.

my 2 cents i say the treasonous Woodrow Wilson gave the family jewels to a bunch of gold collar criminals.
this was the unfed act of 1913.
they/them have been robbing us blind ever since.
they/them have been causing wars ever since.
they/them have been pushing taxes ever since.

i have paid in for 40 years to ss - is it ok i can at least get some of it back??

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 08:27 AM
link   
I am younger than 30. I do not agree. Judging from your post, if the under-30s wrote anything even half official, it would be followed by "lol" at every few sentences and then we'd really not be taken seriously. How embarrassing.

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 08:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Partygirl

Absolutely, let's just chuck all of that life wisdom right out the window, and let all the young folks make the same mistakes we've already learned about, all over again...

See, ideas like that are EXACTLY why your plan is not a good one.

Not sure why (maybe playing games instead of reading and social interaction?), but seems the current generation of younger people (the ages you mentioned) seem to have little knowledge of history, culture, social propriety, or the horrors of war. (since the ones in your lifetime are distant and vague).

In addition, you bypassed living the daily threat of nuclear war (even though still present), that we did in the 70's and 80's (and older generations, even prior to that) until Russia fell. So, it's hard to fathom such threats to our way of life.

As mentioned before, many younger folks have this sense of entitlement vs. the attitude of working for anything, and thus everything is less appreciated.

Like us, you'll grow and learn, and become better and better with age and wisdom, but to assume that age is a negative factor for leadership, is naive in the extreme. (in my humble opinion).

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 08:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Realms

I appreciate the topic of this thread extensively, though I do disagree with your comment Realms. I have aged 23 years and to be completely honest, I do not expect anyone to assist me or give me hand outs so to speak. I am paying my wife's and my bills for her to go to school to improve her life and she is not one of these individuals you claim that are going to doom the Earth one day.

The truth is that each and every single individual on this planet are different. Some have a tendency to be more corrupt than others. I think it is an atrocity that our world is controlled by avaricious beings who do not wish to lose control or wealth.

The new generation in my opinion bring positive things and different opinions. There are greedy people in all age groups, please don't generalize today's youth when we really haven't had a chance to perform on the global level.

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 08:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by TC Mike
reply to post by doctornamtab

No, the old don't want the power to fade. That is why we are having abrupt change, economy wise. The passing of the elder generation's assets to the youth should be a natural process, parents to children. The national passing of the USA economy to the next generation has failed a few times already, but since it is so large it has managed to masquerade as such for so long. The housing market has continued to spiral downwards even though my paents say hold on and wait. I'm still waiting, from 2001 yet my property is still in decline.

Unless the older generations give up their monteary worth to the younger generations within the USA, other nations will suck off the prosperity before the younger generation of the USA get a chance of getting the work that was done before them in the USA

I thought that was the plan. The middle class needed to be moved back down to the poverty level.

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 08:33 AM
link   
Would that be the same 'young' who are so thick that they think Robin Hood was real, that Winston Churchill was not real and who buy Justin Beiber albums.

The last thing we need are the ' Young and Dumb' having power in our society.

What we need is a society where the stupid - of any age - are denied the right to vote.

No one should be entitled to vote unless they first pass an exam showing that they are aware of political and social realities in our nations and are therefore capable of voting based on reason and logic as opposed to habit or media conditioning.

If you fail the test, or cannot be bothered to sit the test, then you should be barred from voting.

Democracy is in reality an idiocracy.

We need to end that ASAP.

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 08:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Doublemint

You have learned all too well. Now strike down Darth Sidious and Darth Vader will seem merciful to you.

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 08:40 AM
link   
The truth of the matter is age is just a number...

There are ignorant and wise people of every age...

I suggest you surround yourself with wise people of all ages...

judging by your OP you haven't met very many wise energetic people older than you...

seek them out... you will learn a lot...

and then you'll look back and realize your ignorance in this post...

but hell what do I know... I'm 29 which leaves me on the cusp of being old...

edit on 13-5-2011 by wearewatchingyouman because: clarity

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 08:43 AM
link   

i like your youthful spirit of rebellion. it's a reminder of what it is like to view the world with disgust and contempt for everything that is wrong, unfair and dishonest. i'm glad you are awake and aware, and that you care. i'm glad there are young people that want to grab the world and shake it and make it a better place.

i say: go for it. but since most things in life aren't free, you're going to have to do what it takes to make it happen. what to do? will a massive wave of young people become lawyers and argue cases firmly in courtrooms to bring about change? or perhaps you will organize millions of youths to come together and take the power by force, sending the greedy senile suits of Pennsylvania Avenue and Wall Street running in fear for their lives? you could also try a peaceful protest and bring the corporate structure to its knees by rejecting materialism, removing your selves en mass from a system that depends upon your participation.

remember that are many people of all age groups that are still unaware of what is taking place in the world around them. you might want to define your target group and then create a method of making sure they become awake and aware of what you know so they too can get on board.

after you have everyone that you want involved up to speed and working with you all you need to do is devise a way of collapsing the systems that are corrupt, unfair, evil etcetera, and then implementing new improved structures for the good of all.

along the way you might find out there are many adults from 18 to 98 that feel the same way you do that would be perfectly willing to help out. please hurry. things were a mess before i was born (back when computers were the size of buildings) and i'd love to see the world become a better place before i'm gone.

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 08:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Frater210

Be advised Frater210, that you are in an educational facility filled with youths who more than likely breezed through school and had their parents pay for their way into school. Individuals who have had a difficult tumultuous life with many unforgiving circumstances tend to build character and are more aware to the things going on around them.

I myself have struggled through a lot, and to be quite honest I do not have a Post Secondary education as I cannot currently afford to attend a post secondary institution as I am paying for my wife to go before me, and we can only afford to go one at a time.

I truly believe your statement is filled with ignorance. Someone of your age should think twice before generalizing to such a degree.

The bottom line is, just because you perceive these people to be "dumb as toast", it does not mean everyone born after 1986 is.

Oh and by the way, "dumb as toast"? Toast is an inanimate object therefore it does not have a brain or any sort of thought process, use a better comparison next time sir.

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 08:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Frater210

Look, the OP's idea is stupid. Period. However, you talking as if you're generation is great is absolutely stupid as well. You are on the same plane as the OP. What has my generation accomplished thus far? I don't know, it seems to me my generation created the tool which ultimately overthrew oppressive regimes in Africa and the Middle East (something your generation and generations before had been trying to do for YEARS). And oh yeah, my generation (as defined by the OP) has only been in the game for a MAX of one decade. So, I'd say we are off to a BLAZING start. Especially considering that we are now just entering the work force.

And you're argument asking what have we done that didn't rip off what came before it is baffling. What has any generation ever done which wasn't an improvement on what was there before it? Oh, I guess you could say the first generation of man was the best because they had created fire, an actual original creation. Since the beginning everything has been an expansion of something that came before it. That is just how a society progresses.

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 08:47 AM
link   
edit
edit on 13-5-2011 by sam_inc because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 08:48 AM
link   

I wonder if you'll hold the same philosophical position when your life-crystal turns red and you're trying to outrun the Sandman, because you don't want to ride the Carousel?

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 09:04 AM
link   

blah blah blah I've head it before...

It's heard...not head....and I rest my case.

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 09:10 AM
link   
There are few flaws to this concept. Allow me to share them with everyone.

Firstly, the current government has spent YEARS dumbing down the public, starting with (that's right) Children.

Secondly, I don't want a bunch of 20 year-old's running MY country and muffing everything up. To elaborate more, people in their 20's are really just starting to begin living on their own (in most cases). I don't want someone with no experience in charge. If you think this country is off bad now, wait till you see what a bunch of 20 year-old's do to it.

In order for someone to be in a high position like that I would prefer they be an experienced person that knows what they're doing.

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 09:11 AM
link   

The solution would be for nobody in major power to be over 30.

Yeeah....I'll agree to that, if you agree to suicide at 31.

What the hell is this.... Menudo?
Just about the most biased idea I've ever heard in my life....

Trust me when I say the problem with current politicians is not their age, but their SPIRITUAL MATURITY.

edit on 13-5-2011 by DeReK DaRkLy because: !!!

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 09:14 AM
link   

The solution would be for nobody in major power to be over 30.

I suggest you re-read the Constitution if you haven't already, ( which is rather obvious ), and read the office requirements. Most people at 30 havent met the requirements to hold office.

Damn are you dumb?!

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 09:19 AM
link   
reply to post by 4th horseman

heres a better subect. HOW? HOW do we repair this corrupt system?

How do we make the change we want to see?

how do we transform the world into a beautiful place to live for everyone?

Let the people vote AS INDIVIDUALS on every proposed bill, via the internet.

Thus WE, THE PEOPLE would truly decide our own laws.

Who's with me?

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join