It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

After Serving Two Tours in Iraq, Ex Marine is Killed in Own Home by SWAT Team

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 11:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by mwood

Not saying it didn't happen the way they said I would just like another source.

Maybe the guy WAS dealing drugs, who knows?

So someone dealing drugs gives law enforcement the right to murder someone? Last time I checked they are supposed to apprehend a suspect then let the legal system hand down appropriate punishment....

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 11:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by mwood
Before making a judgement (like everyone else on here has I would like more info.

The news story is extremely biased and I don't count that as a credible story.

Not saying it didn't happen the way they said I would just like another source.

Maybe so what? Maybe he wasn't? Maybe if he was, it still doesn't equate with punishment of death.

The big scary police man was so fraidy of the one man, his gang had to shoot him 71 times after breaking into his house.

Pathetic really, they more or less think that the only way to scare a drug dealer is to sneak up to them in bed and go BOO! but then they shoot anyone who jumps and claim it's justified, as they were startled when they found masked men in their bedroom with guns pointed at them yelling in their faces.

I'd love to break into a cops house, walk into his bedroom, and point a gun at his head "GIVE ME YOUR MONEY NOW, YOUR CASH NOW !!!! GET ON THE FLOOR AND GET YOUR CASH. I WILL SHOOT YOU IF YOU DO NOT COMPLY." and then shoot his dog on the way out, hi-five my chums and get paid for it.

edit on 12/5/2011 by badw0lf because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 11:57 PM
link   
The police today are borderline if not all out domestic terrorists im sorry but i have came across to many thug cops out there to really respect any of them but i do i have to i guess. Don't they understand when they put on that uniform they represent the City/State they serve in? Don't they understand they are rolemodels for children? and by acting like this only breed hate toward the police because these kids see and hear all these bad things about the police and start to think maybe its better i don't call the cops because lets be real 90% of the time the cops make everything 10 times worse. In my personal opinion police ruin more lives then they ever will save im sorry i know there here to help and yes they do but they hang people out to dry without a bit of remorse what so ever just look at this indecent and the musician who got a bloody face for playing music of all things at a park of all places cmon whats going on in America these days. Thank you sorry for carrying on but i see to much of this and i got kids of my own to look out for.
edit on 13-5-2011 by Godhood because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 12:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Caji316

this is from www.fox11az.com :

"TUCSON, Ariz. -- A deadly end Thursday to a SWAT standoff on Tucson's southwest side.
The Pima County deputies trying to serve a search warrant at a home off Wade Road near Valencia were confronted by a heavily armed 26-year-old Jose Guerena.
Futher complilcating the face-off, Guerena's wife and 4-year-old son and were inside the home at the time.
"The adult male had a long rifle, opened fire on the SWAT team. The SWAT team returned fire and the male is pronounced deceased. The woman and the child are unharmed," said Pima County Sheriff's Deputy Jason Ogan.
No deputies got hurt in the exchange.
Sheriff's investigators have not said what they were looking for with the warrant."

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 12:06 AM
link   
reply to post by mwood

If he was selling drugs that's his business and does not warrant him being killed.

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 12:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by TV_Nation
So someone dealing drugs gives law enforcement the right to murder someone?

No, pointing an assault rifle at a SWAT team gives them the right to shoot you. SWAT says they came at 9:00AM, knocked, and identified themselves just so they wouldn't be perceived as home invaders. You can dispute some of that but not the fact they were there at 9:00AM, in marked and lit cars in broad daylight. I'm guessing we'll find he was involved with drugs despite what the wife says.

While this is tragic it still fits under: Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 01:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by LargeFries
reply to post by Caji316

this is from www.fox11az.com :

"TUCSON, Ariz. -- A deadly end Thursday to a SWAT standoff on Tucson's southwest side.
The Pima County deputies trying to serve a search warrant at a home off Wade Road near Valencia were confronted by a heavily armed 26-year-old Jose Guerena.
Futher complilcating the face-off, Guerena's wife and 4-year-old son and were inside the home at the time.
"The adult male had a long rifle, opened fire on the SWAT team. The SWAT team returned fire and the male is pronounced deceased. The woman and the child are unharmed," said Pima County Sheriff's Deputy Jason Ogan.
No deputies got hurt in the exchange.
Sheriff's investigators have not said what they were looking for with the warrant."

Is fox news now a valid source? I must have not gotten the memo.......

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 01:57 AM
link   
reply to post by just_julie
[mor
This sounds kind of a one sided article. I am a deputy sheriff in Missouri and I do realize there are some wolves impersonating sheep dogs but I do not think it is right to judge when the full story is not revealed. I know of drug cartels and gangs sending their members through our military system just for them to return and use their learned military tactics against other gangs and civilians. I ask you this do you salute a soldier that comes back and participates in this kind of activity. I am not saying this guy did that. I am saddened by any loss of human life no matter who they are but i do urge you to find the truth from both sides. If it is proven that these officers were in the wrong, his family should be extremely compensated and the officers tried and punished as civilians for murder.

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 02:00 AM
link   
Not all the sources are saying he was armed - another source says he was not & didn't fire a single shot. That makes ALL the difference.

Even if he did not, it isn't isolated. These stories pop up from time to time. Nothing is every done about it.

Our forefathers fought a war of independence over things like this.
edit on 13-5-2011 by Schkeptick because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 02:10 AM
link   
reply to post by dalan.

Actually it warrants him to a search and seizure warrant and if he fights back with deadly intentions then yes death is given. Where i am from we watch the people for months and acquire tons of info from undercover officers and other informants. When we raid a house we know what is in there, amount of weapons, and location of drugs. If it is a big enough operation, you bet your a** we will get a no knock warrant. I live in MO and meth is huge here but we dont have any that have attempted to use deadly force back. Usually the suspect gives up, does his time, then is back cooking again when he gets out. I do have hope for people but very rarely do they break the cycle. I really feel for the children growing up in a drug environment.

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 02:15 AM
link   
Wow people I cant believe the government would go that far! Arizona pissed off the obama adim with its new wall building at the border this is their way of trying to shame Arizona. The feds deal with drug dealing so wrong information could lead them to a house of an EX Marine which amazingly is Hispanic "what are the odds" and tell swat he is an armed drug dealer. Then run some lame as story like this blaming them for the killing. I not trying to see conspiracy in everything yet the timing of the event and the fact this guy was hispanic is just too odd.
edit on 13-5-2011 by pcrobotwolf because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 02:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by sjewell57
reply to post by dalan.

Actually it warrants him to a search and seizure warrant and if he fights back with deadly intentions then yes death is given. Where i am from we watch the people for months and acquire tons of info from undercover officers and other informants. When we raid a house we know what is in there, amount of weapons, and location of drugs. If it is a big enough operation, you bet your a** we will get a no knock warrant. I live in MO and meth is huge here but we dont have any that have attempted to use deadly force back. Usually the suspect gives up, does his time, then is back cooking again when he gets out. I do have hope for people but very rarely do they break the cycle. I really feel for the children growing up in a drug environment.

So basically your job is a waste of time and you get paid to harass people?

People do not need your approval, nor your permission, to buy or use drugs.

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 02:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Schkeptick

Because all you hear from are the people associated with the suspects and of course every mother thinks her kid is innocent. You dont hear about them anymore because the situations that arise are justified. If it was one officer i could see where he could be corrupt but a whole team a swat, i dont think so.

Where I am from to make SWAT you have to be a damn good cop with a good attitude and have years of exp under your belt. If the standards are not the same for the cops where this happened then it is up to the citizens to have to sheriff removed and/or police chief. Trust me they are not immune and no us law enforcement officers are not out to get citizens. I am a US citizen first and cop second, if i am on a call with another deputy and I think he is walking all over somebody's rights, I will warn him then if he continues i will go to the superiors. However I do work in a pretty good department where we do not hire morons or bully's.

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 02:27 AM
link   
reply to post by dalan.

You dont abide by laws and use illicit and illegal drugs then you break the law and face the punishment. I guess according to you we should be a lawless society running around smoking meth and banging hookers then.

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 02:27 AM
link   
I have only just read this story and I have to say..........

America, You Have Lost It over there.............A Civilised country ? I don't think so.....!

Your Politicians and leaders should be bombarded with letters, complaints and other means to highlight this act, which is obviously one of many against the population..

In the UK, our Police have a bit of a reputation BUT are and have been recently HELD TO ACCOUNT by video and other evidence.........if there has been a lack of evidence then Peer pressure and people power has to be enforced....

YOUR problem over there is also your Continued desire and obsession to have lots and lots of guns in your society........to protect yourself....Maybe if there were no guns legally allowed then such events might decline ???

Man, you have lost the battle over there America and Americans...........once a great country...maybe.......Not now in my opinion........sorry !

Regards

PDUK

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 02:30 AM
link   
reply to post by dalan.

When i arrest you for drugs, use that defense. See how far it gets ya. I have a legislative, executive and judicial branch backing my case saying you cant buy, use or sell drugs. Who do you think will win?

Drugs are horrible, they have destroyed so many lives and I am thankful they are illegal because I have seen a few people change their lifestyle after doing some jail time. When I say drugs, I do mean DRUGS, meth, coc aine, other hardcore stuff. I do not think marijuana should be classified as a drug, I think it should be made legal. I have argued many times with other officers over this. I have never had to work a domestic dispute where everybody had been smoking weed but i have worked countless domestics where everybody was drunk. I think alcohol is more destructive than pot. I do believe our society is too conservative to ever change it though.
edit on 13-5-2011 by sjewell57 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 02:31 AM
link   
I don't normally share my emotions on threads about outruley cops but this really hit me hard.

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 02:33 AM
link   
reply to post by dalan.

You dont abide by laws and use illicit and illegal drugs then you break the law and face the punishment. I guess according to you we should be a lawless society running around smoking meth and banging hookers then.

Abide by the law? You could hardly consider the drug laws"Constitutional." Nor the laws banning prostitution for that matter.

The only reason why I would "face the punishment" is because people like you, outgun people like me...and that's the only reason why.

On Liberty

That the only purpose for which power can be rightfully exercised over any member of a civilized community, against his will, is to prevent harm to others. His own good, either physical or moral, is not a sufficient warrant.

Over himself, over his own body and mind, the individual is sovereign.
-John Stuart Mill

Your sense of morality is your own, and you can take it and shove it where the sun don't shine.

I do not feel sorry for you if you get shot in the line of duty for harassing people.
edit on 5/13/2011 by dalan. because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 02:33 AM
link   
This just confirms what I read awhile back about some politicians who consider veterans as potential terrorist! Can you Imagine that? They must really be afraid of the military. Only guilty thieves would try to pre-empt their own justice so they use the legal system to punish the very warriors that can put them in jail. Just because some soldiers deal with PTSD and a myriad of other illnesses and use illegal drugs in an attempt to self medicate \ deal with their issues does not make them terrorist. It's the thieving scumbags who are trying to ensure the military won't line them all up and put a quick end to their sorry lives (which is way past due) who do these things.

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 02:35 AM
link   

reply to post by dalan.

When i arrest you for drugs, use that defense. See how far it gets ya. I have a legislative, executive and judicial branch backing my case saying you cant buy, use or sell drugs. Who do you think will win?

No, what you have is the delusion that you are doing something good for society, and the only "backing" that you have are your guns.

And that about sums it up.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join