It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

The second possible Atlantis in Wisconsin ?

page: 1
24
<<   2  3  4 >>

log in

join
share:
+7 more 
posted on May, 11 2011 @ 04:11 PM
link   
The Lost tales and legends of the local Inidan tribes, they didn't build them, but rather a pale skinned race could be Atlantis?

Among the rolling hills and serene waters of Wisconsin lies a sunken mystery and proof of a sophisticated Bronze Age civilization lost in time,advanced society that once thrived a thousand years before Columbus.The legends of the local Inidan tribes,say they didn't build them, but rather a pale skinned race of people did..

beneath the surface of Rock Lake lie at least ten structures. Two of these have been mapped and photographed by skin divers and sonar. Structure #1, which has been dubbed the Limnatis Pyramid, has a base width of 60 feet, a length of about 100 feet, and a height of 18 feet, although only about 10 feet protrude from the silt and mud. It is a truncated pyramid, built largely out of round, black stones. On the truncated top, the stones are squarish. The remains of a plaster coating can be discerned.The DNR say they have found over 100 ancient structures under Rock Lake


Its believed to the site of an ancient city where citizens from Atlantis mined copper and shipped it to Europe.The mystery
came to light in 1835 when pioneers settled the south-central part of the state. There they discovered the remains of three
flat-topped pyramidal mounds and many smaller artifacts scattered throughout the surrounding area. Initially, settlers
referred to the three truncated earthen pyramids as the "Ancient City."

Strange things happen around the area of Rock Lake. People see things that aren't there -
Ice fishermen can't start their chainsaws out on the ice, but back on shore they start fine -
They return to the ice and again run into the same problem. Scuba divers, trying to film the
underwater pyramids can't get their cameras to work. Other divers, preparing to dive into the
waters of the pyramid, are overcome with a sense of dread.It is apparent that there is an energy disturbance going on in the area - strong enough to
cause mechanical failure as well as affecting the human consciousness.

Some people have sensed that 'time has stopped' or that
everything seems to have turned into a silent void.( Similar human reactions occur during the presense of a UFO...There has also been sightings of Reptilians Not one or two people, but many, are reported to have seen these..

Future research will hopefully tell us more about these ancient visitors also Rock Lake is a semi-protected area and divers can explore the underwater pyramids..Rock Lake is still one of Americans true mysterys..There hasnt been much said about Rock Lake and very litte research put into the structures.. sources Rock Lake Research Society






posted on May, 11 2011 @ 04:15 PM
link   
For some reason reading Atlantis in Wisconsin makes me giggle.

But I mean, you never know. I live in AL, I wonder how long it would take to get there?



posted on May, 11 2011 @ 04:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by angrymomma
For some reason reading Atlantis in Wisconsin makes me giggle.

But I mean, you never know. I live in AL, I wonder how long it would take to get there?


Stranger things have happened! I dont know how long it would take to get there im in Minnesota and i plan on going there this summer to take a look at this place...



posted on May, 11 2011 @ 04:19 PM
link   
lol i find it hard to fit that 70's show and Atlantis into the same place
but it does seem very interesting, if they uncover anything it wont be a long drive for me to go see it
exciting!


PS> does the guy in that video remind anyone else of Vincent price....?
edit on 11-5-2011 by OUNjahhryn because: (no reason given)



posted on May, 11 2011 @ 04:21 PM
link   
I've read about this in Ancient Americans. Do you have another source for us? It really interests me, as the first setters here, including my ancestors, found out of place artifacts in my area.



posted on May, 11 2011 @ 04:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by OUNjahhryn
lol i find it hard to fit that 70's show and Atlantis into the same place
but it does seem very interesting, if they uncover anything it wont be a long drive for me to go see it
exciting!


PS> does the guy in that video remind anyone else of Vincent price....?
edit on 11-5-2011 by OUNjahhryn because: (no reason given)


Im going to post a better video that one in the start is a bit hookey but as the video goes on it gets alot better tells alot about the place..




posted on May, 11 2011 @ 04:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by tncryptogal
I've read about this in Ancient Americans. Do you have another source for us? It really interests me, as the first setters here, including my ancestors, found out of place artifacts in my area.


Im going to post another video ..there isnt alot known about this strange place..thanks for your reply



posted on May, 11 2011 @ 04:34 PM
link   
hmm looking up where rock lake is. I just had a thought. maybe this is more widespread... is it possible that larger structures could be found in the great lakes...? maybe the Atlantis lived around the great lakes. what better place to put your civilization than near the largest fresh water lakes in the world!



posted on May, 11 2011 @ 04:35 PM
link   
More videos on Rock Lake its a radio show thats very good..




posted on May, 11 2011 @ 04:35 PM
link   
Great post. I'm a huge fan of lost civilizations and this is the first I've heard of one so advanced in Wisconsin. Maybe they'll discover ancient cheese making secrets.



posted on May, 11 2011 @ 04:36 PM
link   
part 2




posted on May, 11 2011 @ 04:38 PM
link   
part 3




posted on May, 11 2011 @ 04:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by OUNjahhryn
hmm looking up where rock lake is. I just had a thought. maybe this is more widespread... is it possible that larger structures could be found in the great lakes...? maybe the Atlantis lived around the great lakes. what better place to put your civilization than near the largest fresh water lakes in the world!


OUNjahhryn
Thats a very good thought the great lakes would be the perfect place lots of water and great hunting for food..thanks for your reply!



posted on May, 11 2011 @ 04:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by BishopNGreen
Great post. I'm a huge fan of lost civilizations and this is the first I've heard of one so advanced in Wisconsin. Maybe they'll discover ancient cheese making secrets.


Thanks for the laugh
who ever thought Wisconsin? Rock Lake isnt well known and has not been studyed much..thanks for the post



posted on May, 11 2011 @ 04:55 PM
link   
Wisconsin is full of archeological finds. I grew up near Devil's Lake, Wisconsin. It too has its share of geological oddities such as glacier scratches on unusual rock formations and petrified sand waves of an ancient sea, but it is the Amerindian mounds that are especially interesting. Three major effigy mounds are located in Devil's Lake State Park. One in the shape of a bear and another, which resembles a lynx, are at the north end of the lake. A bird-shaped mound is at the southern end. (Note: I cut and pasted the last of this paragraph as they said it so much better than I could.)

If it wern't for the steep tax rate there (and available jobs) I would love to move back.



posted on May, 11 2011 @ 04:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by sugarcookie1

Originally posted by OUNjahhryn
hmm looking up where rock lake is. I just had a thought. maybe this is more widespread... is it possible that larger structures could be found in the great lakes...? maybe the Atlantis lived around the great lakes. what better place to put your civilization than near the largest fresh water lakes in the world!


OUNjahhryn
Thats a very good thought the great lakes would be the perfect place lots of water and great hunting for food..thanks for your reply!


it just dawned on me, seems so simple and logical now! damn, wish i was an archeologist lol.... I live VERY close to the great lakes though... i'll be sure to keep an eye out on camping trips.



posted on May, 11 2011 @ 04:58 PM
link   
Interesting

Never heard of the link to Atlantis in Wisconsin.
Closest to America I've studied and theorized on was the Bimini Road, Bahamas, with Atlantis as a city.

Other studies linking Atlantians to the Americas;
Native legends of the Pacific NW talk of tall(or to some giant) red haired and blond people, as the technology bringers(possible aliens). I can see where that would link to Wis., if the findings were not built by or confirmed by natives to be their own.
edit on 11-5-2011 by dreamingawake because: correction



posted on May, 11 2011 @ 05:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by dreamingawake
Interesting

Never heard of the link to Atlantis in Wisconsin.
Closest to America I've studied and theorized on was the Bimini Road, Bahamas, with Atlantis as a city.

Other studies linking Atlantians to the Americas;
Native legends of the Pacific NW talk of tall(or to some giant) red haired and blond people, as the technology bringers(possible aliens). I can see where that would link to Wis., if the findings were not built by or confirmed by natives to be their own.
edit on 11-5-2011 by dreamingawake because: correction


Its a very strange place .. some people claim they pre-date the pyramids of Egypt..Its believed by some to be built by the Aztalan natives at a time when water levels were much lower. I wish they knew more about this place but many claim its all part of Atlantis ..thanks for your reply dreamingawake



posted on May, 11 2011 @ 05:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by OUNjahhryn

Originally posted by sugarcookie1

Originally posted by OUNjahhryn
hmm looking up where rock lake is. I just had a thought. maybe this is more widespread... is it possible that larger structures could be found in the great lakes...? maybe the Atlantis lived around the great lakes. what better place to put your civilization than near the largest fresh water lakes in the world!


OUNjahhryn
Thats a very good thought the great lakes would be the perfect place lots of water and great hunting for food..thanks for your reply!


it just dawned on me, seems so simple and logical now! damn, wish i was an archeologist lol.... I live VERY close to the great lakes though... i'll be sure to keep an eye out on camping trips.


Sometimes the most simple ideas are the best and end up being the most logical ..and yes keep an eye out on your camping trips dig around by the waters edge you just might come up with something amazeing




posted on May, 11 2011 @ 05:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by TDawgRex
Wisconsin is full of archeological finds. I grew up near Devil's Lake, Wisconsin. It too has its share of geological oddities such as glacier scratches on unusual rock formations and petrified sand waves of an ancient sea, but it is the Amerindian mounds that are especially interesting. Three major effigy mounds are located in Devil's Lake State Park. One in the shape of a bear and another, which resembles a lynx, are at the north end of the lake. A bird-shaped mound is at the southern end. (Note: I cut and pasted the last of this paragraph as they said it so much better than I could.)

If it wern't for the steep tax rate there (and available jobs) I would love to move back.


Wisconsin is a beautiful place ive been there a few times i live on the border im in Minnesota ..there is alot of interesting ancient finds in that state..you should move back! But yes the jobs are few and its a shame maybe someday?




top topics



 
24
<<   2  3  4 >>

log in

join