It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jesus: Ressurection Pop Quiz - How many did you get correct?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 12:45 PM
link   
reply to post by awake_and_aware

Let's make this simple. Based on my experience and what I have seen, I believe in God and His Son, Jesus Christ. They are real.

I also own and drive a car. It is real and I have experienced it. Your lack of belief does not negate the existance of that car..and you will never see it unless you decide to look. If you choose not to look at this reality, that is your decision...but no amount of arguing will change the fact that I own and experience that car everyday.

I know my neighbor. His name is Rod. I see him regularly. He is real. You could see him too, if you chose to look. You can make all the arguments you want that Rod isn't real...but he is. And not only that, Rod knows that I own a car! Many people know Rod and know that I own a car. You could know that too...if you would just look...

Please understand... I KNOW Christ is real. It is just a plain and simple fact... He is real... not because someone told me...but because I have experienced His existance...

Christ Jesus is real. I know him. This cannot be changed. You can know him too. You were created in His image. Put Him to the test...if you have the guts...

Once YOU know him, you will understand... He is real...

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 12:56 PM
link   
reply to post by RealAmericanPatriot

Your lack of belief does not negate the existance of that car

I know cars exist though. I can't be certain that deities do, or that Jesus did, or that he is coming back to save ONLY those who believe in the Christian dogma.

I'm more inclined to believe not, as no person claiming so has proved it.

Of course it takes much more faith to believe in a deity, most rational Atheists don't make any positive claims - Religion makes the positve claim and can't back it up.
edit on 11/5/11 by awake_and_aware because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 01:04 PM
link   

A and A

You have MORE reasons around you to believe in God than you have to believe in my car...

Either try to prove he exists...or try to prove he doesn't... Either way, if you are earnest and honest in your endeavor...you will soon see that, in fact, he DOES exist...

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 01:06 PM
link   

oh...and Christians are not the ones living in denial...

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 01:15 PM
link   

"Believe what we believe or you're living in denial"

Not until the arrival of the "gentle Jesus; meak and mild" was eternal damnation in Hellfire introduced. Nice concept to teach to the suggestable minds of children.

'Gotta love the Christians who defend the New Testament over the Old.

edit on 11/5/11 by awake_and_aware because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 12:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by RealAmericanPatriot

Let's make this simple. Based on my experience and what I have seen, I believe in God and His Son, Jesus Christ. They are real.

I know what your hinting at.

Your experience is colored with what you have been programmed to accept, not truth, but the interpretation you are most familiar with.

Think of the movie, Ghostbusters...the stay puft marshmellow man was just a symbol of destruction, not the truth of destruction.
Are you looking for a convenient symbol, or are you interested in finding the truth behind the symbols.

Religion is nothing but a symbol, and very often a exceptionally narrow and harmful one that cripples further development into truthseeking. I won't gripe at you much anymore. I don't mind a person seeking out their "connection" with the universe...I hate it when they impose their viewpoint and personal symbolism on the rest of society (historically it was by swordpoint).
We are all finding our own path and symbols in some form..be it through a profound understanding of the universe through scientific knowledge, or through meditative chakra opening, etc...if the cross makes you feel connected, great...but as a scientist knows that what they know may not be the final truth, so a cross worshipper consider maybe their faith is based on just one of many illusions also.

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 12:36 AM
link   

A and A

You have MORE reasons around you to believe in God than you have to believe in my car...

Either try to prove he exists...or try to prove he doesn't... Either way, if you are earnest and honest in your endeavor...you will soon see that, in fact, he DOES exist...

See, now this is the argument that never made sense to me.

prove he exists? no...religious people are saying he exists...the person making a claim has to produce the proof. If you claim it as a fact, then you must provide proof.
If I say matter of factly invisible elves live in my closet and everyone should believe my word, I better be trying to prove it.
and I can't escape that by giving a general by saying "the proof of invisible elves in my closet is all around you" is not proof...its a random substance free statement.

Care to specify exactly what is "magical" that cannot be explained away by lengthy peer reviewed articles? (beyond the big bang...lets say anything after that...your proving christianity after all...which means a laundry list of claims)..no, the proof is not everywhere...the proof is nowhere.

If the "proof" of christianity is simply some gray areas left in science, then that proves christianity equally as zeus, Ra, and any other religion out there.

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 09:06 AM
link   
reply to post by SaturnFX

It is not up to me to prove that Christ lives or that God is real anymore than it's up to me to prove I have a car and a neighbor named Rod. I cant make you investigate in order to learn that these things are real. Do an honest, unbiased examination if you want to know...

Christ has already improved my life, so I can afford to be wrong in the end. Can you?

If you are right, I have still lived a good and pleasant life in the midst of a lot of truly kind people. Even if heaven wasn't real, I've come out ahead.

But what if I'm right. What if God is real and everything in the Bible is true? Can YOU afford to be wrong? Maybe it's time to read the Bible and find out what it REALLY says about everything. If you're counting on MSNBC, an athiest or some twisted TV preacher to tell you what it says, then it's likely you don't actually know very much about it.

If, on the other hand, you are a serious seeker of facts, and not theories or suppositions, get a copy the New International Version of the Bible and find out what it says FIRSTHAND. THEN you won't have to worry that people are trying to control you through lies or deception. I recommend starting with the Gospel of John.

At least this way, acceptance or rejection of God will be a TRULY informed decision.

Good hunting!

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 09:28 AM
link   

It might surprise you to know that I am a "science freak". I believe that good science will always prove the existence of the Creator or at least give us more insight into the Bible or nature of God...
...but Sta-Puft does remind me of a few bulldozing "church-ladies" I have met through the years.

And frankly, religion, in and of itself, is vain. True Christianity isn't a religion...it's a relationship with Christ Jesus... I don't have a problem wearing a T-shirt that says "RELIGION SUCKS!" because it does. It's a collosal waste of time to try to earn your way into heaven (Bet you didn't know the Bible says that, did you?)

And, for the record Saturn, I don't have any animosity towards you. I guess I might get a little touchy when people try to impose THEIR viewpoint and personal symbolism on ME as well. I'll never understand why anyone would try to convince me I don't have a car*

Best wishes SaturnFX!

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 10:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by awake_and_aware

First of all, i'm not a zealot, I'm encouraging discussion and debate - Especially over such a serious matter - Where in some countries children are threatened with hellfire and men and women's sexuality are opressed because of a faith in dogma.

No, he's right, you are a zealot, and getting more than a little bit tiresome...
Your line about sexuality kind of gives it away, as a good 50% of angry-internet-atheist-campaigners seem to me to have at bottom, a motive that comes down to a desire for complete sexual freedom!
The obsessive known as Madness is a good example - in one of his millions of threads, he admitted that for him, it's all about not being able to get a divorce!
(He could - he simply wants to be praised for it, which is never going to happen, I gather)

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 11:31 AM
link   

It is not up to me to prove that Christ lives or that God is real anymore than it's up to me to prove I have a car and a neighbor named Rod. I cant make you investigate in order to learn that these things are real. Do an honest, unbiased examination if you want to know...

I investigated..used to be a christian, hell, when I was in junior high, we discussed me becoming a priest because the nuns had some issue with me being highly inquisitive about all this stuff in my endless years of religion classes, even took up after school courses, catholic youth groups, retreats...ya, I know the book, I know the "investigation" abrahamic religions lead to, etc. Step 1, deny things that contradict, step 2, make the most strawmen argument about not the science even, but the morals of the person pushing the science.

Living next door to nasa, I also wanted to be an astronaut..and that was actually my triggerpoint in leaving religion..
See, I had to study up on astronomy. As much as people try to twist things, astronomy and old testiment discussions about the universe clash bigtime...the old testiment has only primate stories of mudmen and ribwomen, whereas science has a slow and measurable proof that its not water above us but actually space..I could go on, but I think you know where I am going with this.

Anyhow, the priest thing was a no starter...I was fascinated with the biblical stories for unknown reasons (perhaps it was the one subject in school that was discussed with philosophical merit...hard to discuss counterpoints with algebra)
The priest conversation fell flat...knowing the religion and having faith in it are two different things...and besides, even back then, I liked the girls for more than just friendship.

Christ has already improved my life, so I can afford to be wrong in the end. Can you?

Yes

If you are right, I have still lived a good and pleasant life in the midst of a lot of truly kind people. Even if heaven wasn't real, I've come out ahead.

I can say the same...see, the difference here is that I can live my life and in the end, either its as I suspected, or its a pleasent suprise...whereas you may live your life and in the end, its either as you suspected, or a total let down.

But what if I'm right. What if God is real and everything in the Bible is true? Can YOU afford to be wrong?

What if the quran is right and you meet allah whom is quite angry at you for not praying 5 times a day?
What if you meet the old testiment god and he is angry that you spent soo much time praying to the false prophet named jesus?
What if you meet zeus whom is angry at you for not praying even once to him or the olympian gods?
etc...
Its one thing to simply decide its too unclear and simply opt out of giving your energy towards any being, its another to channel your energy to the enemy of what you name your deity..Frankly, if we look at statistics of how many religions (past and present), Chances are high your focused on the wrong one no matter what your religion.

And besides, I have prepared statements

oh, and I wouldn't want to live eternally with such a small god that requires my prayer for...whatever. I will give it a thumbs up for a decent job and assume he did well by creating me (after all, a perfect god cannot create crap...a good tree will produce only good fruit, a corrupt tree will produce only corrupt fruit...since I am a creation of god, no matter how much I stray, I am still good fruit by his ruling)

I got lawyers working on it

Maybe it's time to read the Bible and find out what it REALLY says about everything.

I did. and it REALLY changes depending on who is saying it.
Now, if your discussing the literal translations projects going on now from ancient hebrew to english where its showing less of a deity and more of a galactic extraterrestrial visitation, then sure...I am fascinated with that.
I do think the monkeys that wrote the old testiment were discussing some events far beyond their common language understanding...the literal translations interest me, but I also keep in mind these were fearful and superstitious pagans initially trying to explain what amounts to an advanced race from somewhere growing their ape minds up.

If you're counting on MSNBC, an athiest or some twisted TV preacher to tell you what it says, then it's likely you don't actually know very much about it.

Opposite is true
and erm...msnbc is news...they don't do alot of biblical teaching, unless maddow somehow became a pastor (don't think she did, but never know, she is ambitious)

If, on the other hand, you are a serious seeker of facts, and not theories or suppositions, get a copy the New International Version of the Bible and find out what it says FIRSTHAND.

I always preferred the KJV (choice of the fundys). However, if I was a serious seeker of the true original texts, I would go with none of the corrupt translations that people use today, but instead follow the translations being taken place.
There is no person on earth whom knows the religion if they are using the corrupted bibles of today. What they know is the roman catholic destruction of the religion through many mistranslations after going from hebrew to aramic, then to greek, then to english...the bible you read today might as well be a different story.

I now recommend to -you- to study the ancient hebrew language and do your own translation of the original texts. Prepare to have your understanding of the religion shaken when you do...or just stick with the latest stuff. You know, just because they change the characters and story doesn't mean the new and improved series isn't just as good...it lacks the same depth and substance, but makes up for it in cool roman gods and goddesses renamed. Who doesn't want to worship dyonisis anyhow

THEN you won't have to worry that people are trying to control you through lies or deception. I recommend starting with the Gospel of John.

At least this way, acceptance or rejection of God will be a TRULY informed decision.

Good hunting!

Consider Psalm 91
read it real quick
then think about all the dead christians in foxholes, of endless crusades, of even jesus himself being beaten.

Then realize how your mind is working in trying to justify psalms 91 with reality...you will have to totally twist the direct words of the text to fit reality, you must reword god himself in order to make it make sense...and that no longer is seeking the truth, its creating a comfortable mythos for yourself.

I am not trying to shake your "faith" in the same way I don't get off on telling little kids there is no santa....however, you are a grown man in a board discussing conspiracys and seeking truth. Its time to do some critical thinking of things you hold dear.

Show me one invunerable person whom is coincidently a christian and I may change my stance. (has to be real...superman doesn't count)

The argument was that we all fall short of the lords grace (hense why we have jesus)...however, ya...whats the central core of understanding about christianity? oh right...he got his arse kicked up and down jeruselam and then crusified...so much for not a stone will strike the feet, aye?

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 11:41 AM
link   

Oh
and will give you a hint on how to defeat an athiest...stop them dead in their tracks.

Next time your confronted by one of us...all thats really required to say is something to this effect:

"I don't know fully if christianity is the reality...it feels right to me, and it makes me a happy person. I accept it, even if I may be wrong, because even if I am wrong, It helps give me strength when I am feeling down and also gives good moral lessons on just life."

Bam...no further discussion needed and an athiest wanting to poke fun will totally see his ball was deflated. Reasonable athiests will see this and nod, then only a highly religious athiest (compelled to convert) will try to continue on from there.

Christians too often fall into the trap of endlessly trying to explain themselves..and that in itself is the issue with religion. spirituality is supposed to be a personal positive connection between you alone and the universe (whatever name you want to give it)...religion removes that personal connection and sells it box order mass produced and only through specific dances or sacrifices ordained by man shall you get to glimpse what is yours to begin with, and so gives birth to lively debate and funny photoshop pictures.

Oh, and last note. I am hammering christianity, but I am equally dismissive at all structued religion, be it islam, judism, or the followers of Ra...all of the above.

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 02:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Vicky32

Originally posted by Vicky32
No, he's right, you are a zealot, and getting more than a little bit tiresome...

No, he's not really a zealot. He's the sort of person that would be convinced by evidence.

Your line about sexuality kind of gives it away,

Yeah, it's not like Islamic traditions oppress women...or that Christians in the "western" nations are trying to force abstinence only education which is shown to not just fail but to cause more unwanted teen pregnancies than no exposure at all.

as a good 50% of angry-internet-atheist-campaigners seem to me to have at bottom,

Stereotype! We're not angry, we're mad as hell and we're not going to take your lies, insults, and attempts to retard culture anymore.

a motive that comes down to a desire for complete sexual freedom!

No, the motive is to have reasonable sex education policies that actually work. It's like me...I'm basically against abortion. I happen to know that the best way to lower abortion rates is to lower rates of unwanted pregnancy...and the best way to do that is through sex education. The Scandinavian countries have a lower rate of teen pregnancies, marginal abortion rates, and that's all because they have incredible sex ed.

The obsessive known as Madness is a good example - in one of his millions of threads, he admitted that for him, it's all about not being able to get a divorce!

Wow, I started replying to this post having not realized you mentioned me. Wow, an insult and a lie! I said that a big problem in the country I'm currently living in, the country of my birth, Malta is that the Catholic church is trying to prevent the introduction of divorce legislation. I am not married, nor have I ever been. I do one day plan on it, but that's a ways off. I'm against the restriction of the rights of people in my nation. I'm against the Catholic church using their deep pockets to fund an anti-divorce campaign...

And I was not aware of Malta's lack of divorce procedures until early 2008. I became an atheist in early 2006.

So, you just lied. You violated your own religious protocols there. For me it's all about having my beliefs reflect reality.

(He could - he simply wants to be praised for it, which is never going to happen, I gather)

In my country I could not get a divorce...unless I had enough money to live in another nation for 6 months...oh, and if I was married. Which I'm not.

You're talking from your posterior and lying at the same time. Good show of multitasking skills.

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 02:54 PM
link   
reply to post by madnessinmysoul

Liars for jesus, aye? heh

So much for the bearing false witness bit...I guess damnation suits some well.

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 04:33 PM
link   

Maybe the atheist cannot find God for the same reason a thief cannot find a policeman.

Maybe the atheist cannot find God because he is not looking, because he knows there is no such thing.

If, on the other hand, you are a serious seeker of facts, and not theories or suppositions, get a copy the New International Version of the Bible and find out what it says FIRSTHAND. THEN you won't have to worry that people are trying to control you through lies or deception. I recommend starting with the Gospel of John.

The bible, in whichever version you choose, is not a firsthand testament of events. I can assure you that since my father was a Church Of England priest I was brought up in a very religious house and have read many versions of the bible, including the New Testament in Greek. You should not make the assumption that because someone is an atheist they have not read the bible. Indeed that is actually probably very unlikely.

I have also read great parts of the Book Of Mormon and The Qu'ran, a copy of which sits in my house on it's correct rest.

I deny no person their right to believe in any religion they choose. I do deny them the right to tell me that I am wrong, or that I am in denial. I also request that they respect my choice.

I know many people that derive great comfort from their beliefs, and I am happy for them. I also know several religious people who are some of the most vitriolic and unpleasant people that you would not like to meet, and regrettably this includes my Mother.

Some of the nicest, kindest and most thoughtful people have no religious belief. You cannot judge anyone by their religion, or lack of it, as for the most part it is my experience that their nature shows through.

If it were to transpire that there is an afterlife, and that there is a God and a Day of Judgement, I ask myself whom would such a God judge as being a good soul?

From my childhood I remember Mrs Doasyouwouldbedoneby, and Mrs Bedonebyasyoudid from the Water Babies

People should read it.
edit on 12/5/2011 by PuterMan because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 05:10 PM
link   

Let's check the greatest hits of tired Christian responses:

It is not up to me to prove that Christ lives or that God is real anymore than it's up to me to prove I have a car and a neighbor named Rod.

Actually, it is. At least if you want your beliefs to conform with reality. And you cannot compare the mundane claim of property ownership and the name of your neighbor, both of which frankly don't effect much of reality, to the claim of an absolute knowledge on certain reality claims.

I cant make you investigate in order to learn that these things are real. Do an honest, unbiased examination if you want to know...

Already did. Didn't find anything.

You know, the car thing is actually valid. You're saying that you have a car and that we should all ride around in it, but you'll only do that if we accept that you have a car and follow you somewhere blindfolded first.

Ah, modified Pascal's wager...silly.

And yet I've also lived a very good life that has been very pleasant with a lot of truly kind and caring people.

But what if I'm right. What if God is real and everything in the Bible is true? Can YOU afford to be wrong?

But what if Mohammed was right? What if Allah is real and everything in the Qu'ran is true? Can YOU afford to be wrong?

I'm sorry, but when I can take the argument and turn it on its head with another religion, it sort of loses its weight. You're using Pascal's wager and it is the most worn out argument in apologetics. You lose no sleep over whether or not Islam is true, neither do I. And I also don't happen to lose any sleep over the possibility of the Christian religion being true.

Maybe it's time to read the Bible and find out what it REALLY says about everything.

I have. Several times. Cover to cover.

If you're counting on MSNBC, an athiest or some twisted TV preacher to tell you what it says, then it's likely you don't actually know very much about it.

If you actually believe in it you might not know all that much about it.

If, on the other hand, you are a serious seeker of facts, and not theories or suppositions, get a copy the New International Version of the Bible and find out what it says FIRSTHAND.

So I don't have to bother reading it in Greek and Hebrew? Awesome. Oh, I already read that version.

Also, your ignorance of the meaning of the word 'theory' is quite sad.

THEN you won't have to worry that people are trying to control you through lies or deception. I recommend starting with the Gospel of John.

I recommend starting with Genesis and going all the way through Revelations. You know, that way you won't skip over the parts of the Bible where Paul wants to oppress women, Yahweh orders genocide, the menstrual cycle is demonized, the world is claimed to be flat and at the center of the universe, etc.

Tell me, have you actually read the whole Bible?

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 05:13 PM
link   

It might surprise you to know that I am a "science freak". I believe that good science will always prove the existence of the Creator

Please, show me a single scientific discovery that points to that. Also, I guess that makes a lot of scientific inquiry useless...as the majority of science deals with things that would be as they were regardless of whether or not there was a creator. Or at least it's not good.

or at least give us more insight into the Bible or nature of God...
...but Sta-Puft does remind me of a few bulldozing "church-ladies" I have met through the years.

Alright, give me some science that does that.

And frankly, religion, in and of itself, is vain. True Christianity isn't a religion...it's a relationship with Christ Jesus...

No, it's a religion. You have a set of beliefs that you cannot violate, a deity, and a book that you must follow. Even disorganized religion is a religion.

I'll never understand why anyone would try to convince me I don't have a car*

Well, it's awfully likely that they would when you keep offering rides to people and never giving any.

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 01:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by madnessinmysoul

Your line about sexuality kind of gives it away,

Yeah, it's not like Islamic traditions oppress women...or that Christians in the "western" nations are trying to force abstinence only education which is shown to not just fail but to cause more unwanted teen pregnancies than no exposure at all.

You're talking from your posterior and lying at the same time. Good show of multitasking skills.

Mad as hell! Yeah, indeed. (In British English mad does not mean angry, it means insane... and I am being driven close to insane by your insults and, yes, lies.)
You're talking complete #e about abstinence only education, but you know that, of course.
For instance, I hope you'd agree that New Zealand is a 'western' nation? In terms of development, anyway. We don't have 'abstinence only' sex ed. My son finished school just a few years ago, so I know.
Do by all means keep banging on about sex... you're just proving me right!
(As for your marital status, how come you people don't get the difference between lying and mistaken? I am supposed to remember your life story? If you even told the story correctly - after all, you people have nothing to stop you lying if it suits, we Christians do - so we don't tell lies.)
So, I may have been mistaken, or you may have lied on that other thread. The one thing that didn't happen was me lying!
Oh and shame on the little sycophant (SaturnFX is his name) who made the crack about liars. Here's a wee picture for you. It's a school playground.
Vicky is minding her business, eating her lunch. Madness comes along and starts haranguing her about something she said in class.
Eventually, frustrated that she won't get "mad" (angry) he puls her hair violently, grabs her lunch and flings it to the ground, shouting "vegetarian biatch!" (She has a cheese and onion sandwich)
The sycophant yells "Yeah, what he said, damned vegetarians!" as he follows Madness on to the sports field where he wants to find a smaller boy to intimidate. After all, it doesn't make him look very macho if he confines himself to attacking girls...
edit on 13/5/11 by Vicky32 because: (no reason given)

edit on 13/5/11 by Vicky32 because: To add the name of the guilty party

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 06:24 AM
link   
Haha, great quiz, I love it

Brings me to 3 points though: Ask any group of people who have witnessed something major like say an armed bank robbery and see how accurate their descriptions compared with video footage. Then see how their stories corroborate. Noone will ever get 100% nor will they totally agree on what was seen and happened. Guaranteed.

Secondly, you are indeed totally correct, there is very little historical evidence to support the claims of the bible, beyond the discovery of a single tablet on a Temple stating that Pontius Pilate was governor of the prefect of Judea. A dedicated Christian man spent most of his life looking for solid historical evidence and found nothing more than the mentioned tablet.

Thirdly, watch the video below. It is one of many many that I could provide. I shows something or someone who claims to be the mother of Jesus. The black and white footage is old TV news footage, she appeared in front of hundreds of thousand of people who saw her. Even the Egyptian President saw her and the goverment even declared it to be a totally bonafide event. So, if the mother of Jesus is real and pops in for visits (which she does and I have witnessed in New Zealand) then there is no real argument about Jesus and him being real. (She also reappeared in 2009 in Zeitoun of which there is more amateur footage available) So, not asking anyone to believe here, but explain me this. What happened? Why did it happen when it did? If it is a manmade hoax, explain it away to me in rational believable terms.

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 08:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Vicky32

Poor you. I can't help if people are intolerant against my intolerance of intolerance.

Your line about sexuality kind of gives it away, as a good 50% of angry-internet-atheist-campaigners seem to me to have at bottom, a motive that comes down to a desire for complete sexual freedom!

Nice argument Vicky - "angry-internet-atheist-campaigners" - Sexual freedom? Equal rights for women? Faith's bribe on a human's mind (hell/heaven), objective morality written by man and passed off as "the word of God". - Yes i'm arguing against that - Against this form of cold reading, this charlatanism, this hucksterism.

Why would i care if you think i'm a zealot? Was i angry that some people were intolerant of Nazis? NO - I believe that intolerance was justified - I'm not comparing religion to Nazism but it certainly is a dictatorship, and it's preaching is certainly not moral. It's "command" for being altruistic dilutes the idea of being altruistic to begin with. The good parts of relgion do not make up for the bad parts. Similarly, just because the Nazi regime supported some charities doesn't make it a good movement as a whole.

Hahaha
I think he's got a bit more ammunition than that. We're not against charity, altruism, or love. We don't argue against that. I feel a love and compassion from madness's words - A desire to emancipate - Do you really think this "obsession" (as you put it) is purely for self-indulgence?

Conjecture, speculation. He's never asked for praise. And as an atheist, i'm sure he doesn't expect acts of altruism to be rewarded with some magical sky kingdom afterlife.

Thanks for the spelling correction in advance.
edit on 13/5/11 by awake_and_aware because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join