It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jesus: Ressurection Pop Quiz - How many did you get correct?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 09:11 AM
link   
reply to post by SaturnFX

I own, and use, a Hebrew-Greek Interlinier Dictionary. I love both of those languages. They are much more precise than English. While I have found inconsequential discrepancies in current translations, particularly the King James Version, the message remains intact.

Your supposition that the Bible is a gross mistranslation of the original writings is unfounded and inaccurate, I assure you.

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 10:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by awake_and_aware

Why would i care if you think I'm a zealot? Was I angry that some people were intolerant of Nazis? NO - I believe that intolerance was justified - I'm not comparing religion to Nazism but it certainly is a dictatorship, and its preaching is certainly not moral. Its "command" for being altruistic dilutes the idea of being altruistic to begin with. The good parts of religion do not make up for the bad parts. Similarly, just because the Nazi regime supported some charities doesn't make it a good movement as a whole.

Hahaha
I think he's got a bit more ammunition than that. We're not against charity, altruism, or love. We don't argue against that. I feel a love and compassion from madness's words - A desire to emancipate - Do you really think this "obsession" (as you put it) is purely for self-indulgence?

Thanks for the spelling correction in advance.
edit on 13/5/11 by awake_and_aware because: (no reason given)

You were presupposing that I would answer you, which I thought about not doing - on a kind of "don't feed the troll" principle.. and also, that I really don't want to give you both the thing that is meat and drink to you - attention!
So, tonight's technique is to adopt a tone of high-minded nobility, freeing women from the shackles of sexual morality - making every pretty young dim-witted thing feel she's free to service you, without having to worry about being faithful to her husband/boyfriend ("Come on girlie, that old-fashioned religious morality thing is not for swingers like us!" ) or to worry about STIs, getting her heart broken or getting pregnant...
("Hey, girlie, I never said it was a permanent relationship! That's just your moral hangups talking, you gotta be free, what is this 'love' thing anyway? It's just a word that parents tell girls like you to call that itch in their pants (panties, to you), so they canm satisfy all this priestcraft nonsense they hammered into your vacant brain")
I know all the lines, I had a boyfriend who was a campaigning atheist. What a slimy patronising bastardly git he turned out to be.
Yes, I do think your obsession is for self-indulgence, because I have been on the receiving end of that 'desire to emancipate'. First as a confused teen, then again as a grieving woman who had lost a marriage, a child and both parents, and then was being told that she deserved all that loss for having followed 'conventional' ideas, even though I hadn't! (Then).
Comparing religion to Nazism is just childish, and a pure example of Godwin's law...

Love and compassion in Madness' words? Sorry, all I see is a desperate desire for self-promotion, for attention and for taking out on people he will never have to meet face to face, his fury at not getting his own way.

edit on 13/5/11 by Vicky32 because: To add something...

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 10:19 AM
link   
double post

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 10:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Vicky32

- If you don't want to reply, don't reply:-

"You swinging Atheists, can't understand the concept of love and compassion with your lack of faith in a sky being, also with your heaten lifestyles, you spread STDs"

I wish i could reply with something a bit more blunt, but i'd rather not get banned.

It's not so much a belief in God that i find a threat to civilisation, but the dogmatic preaching of Religion. I don't wish to persecute religion, only to highlight it's disadvantages and open up a new arena of conversation, of intellectual honesty.

In other words, i don't think religion is immune from the reasonable critique that is available in other arena of debate. If you choose to debate about politics, sport, or foreign affairs why would one position expect to be respected?

I'm not here to disrespect, that's not my motive.

Atheism is simply a lack of belief in God. If you want to form prejudices regarding the sexual activities of Atheists (or anything else) it's up to you.

There are many type of Atheists, there are spiritual atheists, humanist atheists, atheists that support abortion, atheists that don't support abortion, atheists that are homophobic and atheists that fight for the freedom of homosexuals.

Atheism is simply a lack of belief in God. It doesn't come with any pre-defined prejudice, nor does it have any dogma to make you think a certain way.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join