It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

National Emergency Alert System Set To Launch In NYC

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 10:04 PM
link   
newyork.cbslocal.com... is.not cool,if this happens we lose all freedom of rights and freedom of where we go.Also they will know everything,and we we go and what we do.,I,feel this is mark of the beast and one world order,government taking over our lives.Another site has its reason of this...www.nowtheendbegins.com...

The Federal Communications Commission and the Federal Emergency Management Agency said the system would also warn about terrorist attacks and natural disasters. Verizon and AT&T, the nation’s largest cell phone carriers, are already on board. Consumers would be able to opt out of all but those presidential messages. The announcement of the new emergency alert system came Monday in the wake of Osama bin Laden’s death and an uptick in security and safety concerns around New York City. For now, the system is capable on certain high-end cell phones but starting next year, all cell phones will be required to have the chip that receives alerts. By the end of the year, the new system will be in place in New York City and Washington and in cities around the country by the end of 2012.” source – CBS New York Click here to read more of what Obama has planned for America.

edit on 10-5-2011 by venusstarlite because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 10:14 PM
link   
Wow, I didnt realize they have to put a chip into the phone... wtf?

Also, glad I got rid of my cell this past week... feels great

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 10:17 PM
link   
I,got rid of my cell phone to.But,I,worried I,take trips and cell for trips.I,am in a wheelchair,but I,don't what my life known,what do we do.Maybe we need to appeal to our state senators on this.Just a thought.........

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 10:18 PM
link   
Ok at first I didn't read the whole thing and thought you were just being really paranoid...
but then I read it all.
Why the F do they need a chip in the phone?
I assumed they would just send text messages to everyone. But a chip in the phone? really?

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 10:19 PM
link   
word is that the third palestanian intifada is going down on the 15th of may near israeli borders, so do expect something to happen before that to take most of the worlds attention away and place it far away from the middle east...

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 10:20 PM
link   
reply to post by venusstarlite

newyork.cbslocal.com... launch-in-nyc/the page to go to...................
edit on 10-5-2011 by venusstarlite because: /2011/05/10/national-emergency-alert-system-set-to-launch-in-nyc/,the page to go to

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 10:20 PM
link   
You know how they said technology will make our lives easier? Well, by the sounds of things, it's about to make things more difficult.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 10:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Leadhounds

AMEN AMEN TO THAT,OUR lives are being taken from us,and we can't even say if that's what we want.This isn't fair.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 10:24 PM
link   
Not good! No, no! Not good!

This has abuse written all over it.

These folks are really not shy about letting us know they are preparing.

Do you hear that sound?

That's the sound of our Founding Fathers doing about 10,000 RPMs in their graves!

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 10:28 PM
link   

Just found this in my subscriptions...

More like txt messages from Big Brother telling you what to think, and making sure your not doing anything illegal

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 10:32 PM
link   
reply to post by RizeorDie

You never know,there is so much unrest in the middle east.Also ISRAEL is caught right in the middle of it.I,am afraid we are close to another war,and we will be in it.We,must stand with Israel,they are our true ally.These phones are to keep us in ,where they know what USA is doing at all times. THERE GOES OUR FREEDOM OF SPEECH AND FREEDOM OF GOING WHERE WE WANT.Big brother is watching us now.Camera everywhere now our phones,they already have our computers.There is no secrecy left here. They know everything,then I, heard on fox today,what Google is doing,keeping all of our information and selling it. they said to use bing,for information.I,just don't want to trust any more,I,am 54,have seen a lot,now this.All I,can say is beware!!!! I,am going to trust in my GOD AND PRAY! also keep my FAITH.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 10:34 PM
link   
reply to post by morder1

ALL ,I,can say is amen,you are telling the truth!

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 10:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Ghost375

the chip is so they can control us,and shut us down,freedom of the phone is gone.You know like the countries did on the internet,in the middle east,Our president said he wouldn't do the internet,but look they are doing our phones.not right ,not right.True I,speak about my bible,but this proves it is coming true,my friends,it is here now.beware,speak to your senators!!!!!!!

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 10:39 PM
link   
Wow I need to ge ton some of the stuff that ALex is getting on. Because once agin he was talkingabout this happening awhile back and I wa slike man I haven;t heard nay legislation like that where something could just pop in on your cell phone. Wow how does he know? what is he reading!?

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 10:40 PM
link   
I predict an incident happens and after that people line up in droves to sign up.

People just love their technology.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 10:45 PM
link   
reply to post by morder1

I think the potential uses for this are mind-boggling. Forget the obvious (tracking, eavesdropping, etc.). This is like your own personal, portable Big Brother with 100s of various apps (which you would never be aware of).

Who the hell are these people?

What do they want that they could not possibly already possess? It just numbs the mind!

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 10:47 PM
link   
I wouldn't buy these phones, one could opt out by using an old cheap cell phones... Another Big Brother announcement, blah blah blah....txt...blah

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 10:49 PM
link   
I sense that as well...

I cant imagine everybody going along with this though, unless that does indeed happen... Even when I was ignorant to what was really happening in the world(glad I took the red pill), I still think I would have said NO to adding a chip into my phone...

Stand up everyone and smash ur $%@$%%#%%^@!&*&%**!#%! phones... Humans have gotten by for thousands of years with out them, why cant you?

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 10:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by imitator
I wouldn't buy these phones, one could opt out by using an old cheap cell phones... Another Big Brother announcement, blah blah blah....txt...blah

I wonder if they wouldn't pull a stunt like Sprint did to me several years back.

I was on their pay-as-you-go plan when a mandatory upgrade letter was sent out. Not an upgrade in service. No, you HAD to buy a new phone or else you would be booted.

To make matters worse, while the guy was monkeying around with my new phone he popped the back open and "pasted" some sort of chip in there. Didn't think much of it at the time, since I was considerably more trusting (naive?) back then. Now?

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 10:52 PM
link   
Want to know how we got here?

Read this.

Auction 73 The Biggest Little Auction You Never Heard Of

High Speed Internet and Smart Grids too.
edit on 10-5-2011 by timewalker because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join