It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NASA astrobiologist claims ATS is spreading Comet ELENIN and 2012 HOAX

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 09:22 AM
link   
I wonder what will happen when Elenin passes us by and 2012 ticks over without a hitch. Will y'all come back here to say how right NASA was and how wrong all the doom and gloomers were?

I doubt it.

Blossom Goodchild anyone?
Y2K.
Ron Weinland.

How many times is marshall law "just about to be announced"?
Population control? Total financial collapse? Planet X spotted in a youtube Video or a SOHO time elapsed sequence?
Georgia Guide stones. Fema camps and prison trains, mass coffins etc etc. Bird flu, swine flu, earth quakes and plagues, HAARP storm armageddon.

How about Aliens and Disclosure?
Greer, Wilcock, Dean................

Yeah, but Elenin and Planet X are true.
Sure.
Come on guys, and "some" people get off telling the general "sheep" population to wake up!
I think its about time some of y'all practiced what you preach.
Wake up.
Elenin won't hit, there are no space ships behind it, it won't shift the earth or create a pole shift or magnetic flux solar storm wave tsunami earth BBQ.
Chill.
Thats it, breath in.
aaaaaannnnnnnnnnnnddd Out.
Repeat.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 09:32 AM
link   
But what about the UFOs trailing it?
They just look like streaking stars to me.

edit on 11-5-2011 by DJM8507 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 09:36 AM
link   
reply to post by DJM8507

Its said that those are the same pic of it with tme laps images.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 09:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Adyta

If instead you consult dependable websites like wikipedia and skyandtelescope you will find that Comet Elenin will come nowhere near the Earth.

Since when is Wikipedia considered a "dependable" site?

Since every article is plagued with citations and you can verify whether it's true or not?

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 09:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Adyta

If instead you consult dependable websites like wikipedia and skyandtelescope you will find that Comet Elenin will come nowhere near the Earth.

The same way open source code is secure.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 09:48 AM
link   
reply to post by IndiGo33

I bet there is a ATS member who is a scientist or working for NASA lurking around ATS.

I'm sure depending on the direction/orders from NASA, they would decide to publish and divert the media attention from the reality

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 09:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by purplehays
It just seems like NASA is trying to discredit ATS because it is gaining more momentum each and everyday.

Don't they know you can't stop the truth. People these days are just giving up on mainstream media because they have lied to our faces to many times before and people have had enough. Alternative media is becoming the source for answers that the mainstream just won't give us.

Long Live ATS!

ATS is the majority opinion around the globe from intelectual people seeking the truth, and for the most part dishing out the truth. I really don't understand why we pay the government to lie to us and hide the reality of life.
It is seriously wrong.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 09:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Griffo
I think I'll trust the astrobiologist on this matter and not some armchair 'expert'.

A lot of "armchair 'experts'" are responsible for finding the MAJORITY of near-Earth objects (NEOs), not "professional" astronomers. Granted, there are many of the kinds of "armchair 'experts'" you are alluding to on ATS, however, there should be a distinction, in that not all people who are not "professionals" are not competent or contributing in a meaningful way to astronomy in general. In fact, many "professionals" don't seem to have a clue about things and/or are deceiving the public and holding back information. NASA "professionals" have been doing this for years, time after time, even adjusting the color of Mars to seem redder to the public for whatever reasons ---and that's just one example. There are many more.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 09:56 AM
link   
Let's just alter the information on Wikipedia about Elenin and cite ATS?

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 09:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by frugal

Originally posted by purplehays
It just seems like NASA is trying to discredit ATS because it is gaining more momentum each and everyday.

Don't they know you can't stop the truth. People these days are just giving up on mainstream media because they have lied to our faces to many times before and people have had enough. Alternative media is becoming the source for answers that the mainstream just won't give us.

Long Live ATS!

ATS is the majority opinion around the globe from intelectual people seeking the truth, and for the most part dishing out the truth. I really don't understand why we pay the government to lie to us and hide the reality of life.
It is seriously wrong.

Thats because we have made them what they are today. We do not stage protests or voice our opinions successfully or fully vote for that matter. Our new generation is totally out of touch with politics in general and how it affects their lives.

Most young kids vote based on stupid popularity and ratings published by MSM. Its sad. They barely attempt to dig the truth and research a topic as per how it will affect them if a policy is changed with respect to any and everything in Washington DC. The government knows this and plays the public like fiddle every election term. They lie to us openly and we're just so dumbstuck that we openly smile and take it up the you know what

Dems or Republicans...either way we must remain in the same position...bent over that is. One uses KY and the other one doesnt..which is the only difference. But either way we still get fracked

edit on 11-5-2011 by hp1229 because: (no reason given)

edit on 11-5-2011 by hp1229 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 10:02 AM
link   
We should all know that in this age in history we don't know who to trust anymore....there are so many truth's mixed in with lies that knowing isn't going to come until it comes.

For myself I share this with you and you can take it anyway you like.

The Soul within this body of mine is Alien BUT I am Human there are many of us here observing and waiting for the time we are to do the job we agreed to do from times long passed.

We aren't here to harm you we are here to help save all that we can save when the time comes.....and the time is coming.

An ELE was to occur here but the Creators say (believe it or not) that this race is worth saving, why? because even though it is a stupid species it is worth saving because even though it is slow evolving it is evolving. Great distruction is to come but they have been attempting to do all they can to avoid total extinction.

All that is happening now has to happen..... sadly many will pass but I believe you know in life some is very sadly better then all.

I have written what to look for....... if you are concerned you should have stored that info it might save you.

The largesst quake ever will be recorded on the Ridge they will lesson the Tsunami's where they can and when the flip was to occur..... you will see the ships as brilliant white lights and feel what I described under your feet this will prevent the slippage.

Things will be bad but when this is done the New Beginning will be here and the many of us here to help will bring forth the life you and your children were to have all along.

Let them go underground.. they believe going underground and coming up again is being reborn but it will be their doom.

Remember the words, the meek shall inherit the Earth, have faith and love in your heart go with your gut instincts.

Lastly, I know what you are thining and it's okay to think it .....time will tell and as they say whatever is to be will be.
edit on 11-5-2011 by observe50 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 10:10 AM
link   
Above Top Secret.com member (me)

claims NASA is spreading

Comet ELENIN,

MOON, (Tycho Crater),

MARS (Hellas Basin),

SATURN,

TITAN,

Hoax, Fake Data and Airbrushed Photos!

And from a lon long time ago........

edit on 11-5-2011 by Arken because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 10:11 AM
link   
reply to post by atlasastro

The NASA guy is probably right. Something tells me that nothing significant will happen this fall and we'll all go about living our normal lives. I guess it's just wait and see, but I don't think I'm going to lose any sleep over it.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 10:22 AM
link   
reply to post by 1000TonBlocks

NASA would not tell the truth, even if our life's depended upon it.

Anyone remember Comet NEAT?
...not a peep from NASA....and WE could have easily been toast.

Follow Comet C/2002 V1 (NEAT) with SOHO

12 Feb 2003

Only the most dedicated of sky watchers will have seen the latest comet, called C/2002 V1 (NEAT). It has hovered near the limits of naked-eye visibility in the evening sky since January 2003. However, you would need a pair of binoculars, pointed in exactly the right direction, to see anything. Log onto the Internet instead, and let the ESA/NASA space probe SOHO show you more about this comet than you would usually see.

ESA

GRAB A FRONT-ROW SEAT FOR THE SUN-DANCING COMET (NASA News Release)

NASA

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/9e8e79ee874f.jpg[/atsimg]Aerith.net[ /url]
(An invaluable resource for people who actually pay attention to things like comets.)

2003/2/12 18:55 EST Comet C/2002 V1 NEAT is extremely low in the west, less than 2 degrees above horizon! I managed to find the comet with the 8" Dob, and took short exposure several pictures through the telescope. Shown here is a stack (average) of 5 2-second photos. Horizon is at upper right. The red background is due to light pollution near horizon. 8"/f6 Dob + 18mm eyepiece/adaptor + Nikon coolpix 995 camera, F2.6, ISO 800. The frame is about 1 degree high.

[url=http://www.cs.cmu.edu/~zhuxj/astro/html/c2002v1.html]Jerry Xiaojin Zhu,
a talented amateur astronomer.

It's not NASA's fault if you don't pay attention to what's happening in the world of science. Incidentally, in what way do you believe you might have become toast?

edit on 11-5-2011 by DJW001 because: Edit to correct formatting.

edit on 11-5-2011 by DJW001 because: (no reason given)

edit on 11-5-2011 by DJW001 because: Edits: because I can't find the malformed code!!!!

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 10:33 AM
link   
NASA should read my signature rather than blame ATS. They have cause and effect backwards here. ATS is not responsible for what people believe. People are congregating on ATS because they ALREADY believe that.

A lot of the problems "officials" are having with "conspiracy theorists" spreading this or that theory is of their own making. If they had not been so willing to lie and conceal, people would have more faith in them. But when you classify way too much, and display an arrogant attitude towards the desire of a people to be treated like adults and have information shared openly with them, this is what you get.

A bunch of people who over time come to believe NOTHING you say, and question everything and look for motives in your every fart and sigh.

Someone else did a thread about what was your earliest conspiracy theory. Mine was Watergate at around age 5. I also grew up in a place where the Monarchy had been overthrown by a group of American and European businessmen with the consent and support of the US government. (Hawaii) Not surprisingly, and based on actual facts, my opinion of them as upright honest people is rather low. And thats just the earliest two foundational things that I learned about how my government acts.

The Iraq war, allowing corporations to harm people and the environment, and all the rest is also a part of my feeling that they are lying self interested bastiges who cannot be trusted, and who will tell me anything they think will cause me to do what they want me to do.

If they want us to trust them maybe they should take the radical approach of not being lying, sneaking, cheating, self interested jerks.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 10:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by here4awhile
haters gunna hate...

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/c851584a7bfa.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 10:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Illusionsaregrander

If they want us to trust them maybe they should take the radical approach of not being lying, sneaking, cheating, self interested jerks.

If you want to APPEAR wise, dont bother trying to tell the Truth. Tell people what they already believe to be true. If you want to BE wise, say nothing. - - A.E.

I love the smell of irony in the morning....

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 10:59 AM
link   
NASA has painted the proverbial barn blue, and then is complaining that the barn is blue. They made their bed over all these years and now are surprised and outraged that people are calling them out as liars and deceivers. However, I can't be too hard on them because they are, after all, following ORDERS from somewhere/someone. The stuff they're hiding is so highly classified that the current administration may or may not be aware of it all.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 11:06 AM
link   
reply to post by GhostLancer

NASA has painted the proverbial barn blue, and then is complaining that the barn is blue. They made their bed over all these years and now are surprised and outraged that people are calling them out as liars and deceivers. However, I can't be too hard on them because they are, after all, following ORDERS from somewhere/someone. The stuff they're hiding is so highly classified that the current administration may or may not be aware of it all.

Could you be more specific? Comet Elenin is being hyped by a small number of people who have been spamming the exact same thing all across the web, including multiple posts in multiple threads on ATS. NASA has made a great error in even acknowledging this conspiracy, it is precisely what its creators want.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 11:19 AM
link   

reply to post by Adyta

Wikipedia is a joke. It is just a bunch of fool's crap.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join