It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NASA astrobiologist claims ATS is spreading Comet ELENIN and 2012 HOAX

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 03:06 AM
link   
As we all know. Any Press is good Press. Hopefully this will inspire those people out there who have a funny feeling everything is not as its made out to be by mass media, and will come over here and have a look. Just one look is all it takes. Deep down, most people can sense the madness pervading our world and they all want some answers. I say bring it on. I wish ATS would be mentioned more.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 03:16 AM
link   
WOW they know about us? Figures! You see thats just going to make all the conspiracy theorists go crazy. They are probably packing their campers right now headed out of town towards the hills because NOW they KNOW they are watching........I've always known honestly and I still don't care. I think thats why people are so hesitant about getting on a site like this because they have to commit those comments to a nickname that is connected to their IP addresses. So now they know who is saying what and who is thinking what. Its all very scandalous hehehe

To be honest I had some guy a couple months back look like he took a picture of me when I was at the gym. It was weird and the first thing I thought of was just being associated with this site and felt they could be cataloging me or something. It bothers me but I can't be sure about it and I am not gonna let myself go nuts over it so I try not to stress myself over things I can't control.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 05:15 AM
link   
They're just upset because they can't hide the truth anymore.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 05:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by clearmind
reply to post by chr0naut

what is this thing of not posting links..who are you to to type what you do as athoratative?!? give US a link..i want to read what you do..i am here because ATS has a community that spends much more time on line than i do and has links and resources that i dont have ..i want to read BOTH sides of the argument..that is why i am here...i only give my OPINION has to what i read, just like we all do...if you have info..give it up..i want to educate myself.. but the naysayers dont link stuff...in the endrun this is all opinion anyway...but i still want to study both sides....my OPINION is not set in stone....

I have studied a Bachelor of Astronomy and Space Sciences (Astrophysics) at university in Australia. I currently am regarded as an amateur astronomer because there are very few actual jobs going for Astronomers (it's something you do because you love discovery & science). NASA neither funds or instructs me on what to say. I am not a US citizen, nor am I seeking citizenship there.

I would think that I have every right to be authoritative on such basic science.

I have also previously posted links to science sites that support and explain what I say (None of those links were to YouTube or godlikeproductions, by the way). I just got lazy with this one.

It gets wearying, saying the same things over and over again, while someone with no support at all for what they believe, and that cannot post a single CREDIBLE link in support, keeps saying to me to "prove it". Well, I already have, several times.

No one is hiding any of the science or the facts.

If you had even the motivation to open an Astronomy book (even an old or out of date one) you'd realise that "similarity of names" or "significance of numerological values" or even plain fantasy are not the principles upon which this world is run.

I am challenging you to post one valid, true, credible link in support of your farcical theory that comet C/2010 X1 (its actual name) will affect us in any way at all.

edit on 11/5/2011 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 05:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by grey580
How about proving us wrong then oh mighty NASA.

Haterz Gonna Hate.

They have with the existing information which conspiracy theorists choose to disbelieve but provide no contrary evidence to backup their claim.

All the conspiracies to date about Elenin are theories or statements with no evidence. DUH! At least NASA has tracked the damn thing and projected its orbital path. Oh forgot, that was a lie!

Logical conclusion of everything being a lie : nothing and everything exists, oops paradox!

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 05:48 AM
link   
If you play a Twisted Sister Record backward, you can hear Satan! Beavis and Butthead made my 6 year old set our living room rug on fire! Believe EVERYTHING you hear! Really? People, we have a tendency to believe what we WANT to believe. If you are happy and complacent, fat and heavy with McRib's and Bud Light, then big words scare you and you will believe anything the Mass media or Government will tell you. Hello, 85% of America. "If it wasn't for the stupid people in the world, people like you and I wouldn't look as smart as we do. We need them." Ying and Yang. My grandfather said that. There will always be somebody pointing the finger, usually in the wrong direction and on purpose. Blackness surrounding a small white circle. Then there is us, people in control of our thoughts with loud voices and a desire to shout "WTF?!". White light surrounding a black hole. However, what is the truth, but 5 letters forming a collection of sounds...perception is everything. NASA, as perceived by me, has lost all credibility in the last years of its life (thanx obama, dingdong) and really doesn't matter anymore. NASA spokesmen saying ATS is spreading hoaxes is like.....crap, I can't think of anything funnier right now.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 06:24 AM
link   
I guess this is one way of trying to discredit websites like ATS..

I didn't know Cass Sunstein works for NASA!

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 06:56 AM
link   
reply to post by woodnut86

i think 90% of the threads i've read on elenin haven't prediction or said anything of a collision with earth.

Lol what? you have to be kidding. All of them except a select few are doomsday predictions about elenin hitting us or elenin is a ELE or elenin is responsible for every bad thing ever in the entire solar system. Maybe you are just looking at the better threads on it, I just happen to go into them all, and it's all the same, debunked thoroughly but it doesn't matter.

i have to agree with NASA on this, but it's not ATS in general, just the lunatic fringe and most noobs coming here working each other into paranoid delusions of world ending disasters that only they and the select special youtube people have REAL information on. Plenty of the level headed people post up important information with actual facts and data, but like always, the fringe gets the attention, maybe because they constantly spam the site with the same old tired Elenin :

i found this youtube video........
This guy sounds like he's legit.........
Nasa is lying........
Every amateur astronomer is lying.........
Basic laws of mass and gravity are lying.......

As for 2012, that has actually died down as of late.

It is nice to see ATS get some free publicity and it will surely add to the increase in site traffic. If that increase will be beneficial to the community is yet to be seen

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 07:13 AM
link   
Look Mum, I'm famous

What "they" won't tell us, we'll tell THEM!!!

Here we enlighten people not frighten them!
edit on 11/5/11 by faryjay because: Typo Error

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 07:16 AM
link   
However, I must add ... The layout of ATS is MUCH BETTER than that of godlikeproductions ...

ATS is easy on the eyes

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 07:24 AM
link   
Is it just me or does anyone else feel dirty because we were mentioned in the same sentence as godlikeproductions? heh

Rev

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 07:50 AM
link   
reply to post by IndiGo33

HAHAH!! I stopped reading once the article said that Wikipedia was a "dependable" website.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 08:04 AM
link   
I've been reading the Ask an Astrobiologist blog for about 3 years now, very informative. As of late, most of the questions he has answered have been hysterical 2012 or other such doomsday questions. The answers are always very clear and very informative, and are quick to discredit Hollywood and other outlets exploiting these fears for a profit.

Abovetopsecret.com can be a very good place to go for information, but it is also full of misinformation and straight fear mongering lies. I'll believe the actual Astrobiologist and people with actual accredidation in this field rather than people who just yell out "lies" and "show the proof!".

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 08:22 AM
link   
reply to post by TupacShakur

Preach it brother!
For I was gonna say the same thing, you beat me to it lol.

=============================================

But yeah, after seeing so many impending doom films and realising that its just some guy's imagination, what makes us so different to the Hollywood writers that turn their imaginations on to the big screen? Huh people?

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 08:27 AM
link   
If he didnt like the fact ATS and Godlikeproductions memebers post these threads, then why give them extra exposure?

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 08:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by IndiGo33
Both Comet Elenin and Asteroid Apophis are real, but these concerns about collisions are without foundation. Unfortunately there are a few popular websites that are known for suggesting multiple catastrophes, including popularizing the 2012 hoax. Two that show up in any search for “Comet Elenin” are godlikeproductions and abovetopsecret, both of which predict either a very close pass by Earth or a collision.

LINK: astrobiology.nasa.gov...

Funny to see ATS forum getting mentioned

I think his point is valid, there's a lot of fear-mongering without much supporting evidence.. this does cause what could be a lot of warrant-less paranoia among people who pick it up in passing and believe it as fact.

Let's be honest with ourselves here, there's been a lot of wild speculation over any number of topics in the ATS forums over the last several years and the score card isn't working in the favor of those wild speculations generally speaking.. There's been a lot of posts about end of world scenarios on dates that have passed without event, earthquake warnings and the like .. I'm sure if you dig back in the history you'll find similar posts stating a different comet or asteroid was on a direct collision course but TPB don't want us to know.. yet we're all still here..

Without some solid facts, it's really nothing more than wild speculation and fear mongering.. that can cause panic and be dangerous.. I don't think this comet will hit us, data shows it will pass us at a safe distance.. I'm aware that data could be wrong, or there could be potential gravitational effects that skew it, but it doesn't look that way so I'm not going to go freaking out friends and family since the data just doesn't support it.. it's ok to talk about it here, but I wish people would be more logical and keep it in proper context rather than automatically assume it's just a giant conspiracy to hide our doomed fate.. not everything is a conspiracy folks, sorry to say.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 09:00 AM
link   
Does this mean I can add, "Pissed off NASA regarding claims about Comet Elenin" under the personal accomplishments portion of my resume?

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 09:04 AM
link   
It is funny people keeping saying NASA should just tell the truth yet NASA is the source of all the information people use to makeup these theories.

What if, maybe a big what it to many of you, NASA isn't hiding anything at all? What they say is how it will be?

What exactly do you want NASA to do? Has anyone actually asked NASA? and even if NASA gave an answer would some of you listen anyway if it didn't fall within your untrained scientific theory? Probably not. So why would NASA waste their time on ATS'ers trying to prove something you won't belive anyway? Their time is better spent doing the jobs they are getting paid to do.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 09:08 AM
link   
NASA would not tell the truth, even if our life's depended upon it.

Anyone remember Comet NEAT?
...not a peep from NASA....and WE could have easily been toast.

apod.nasa.gov...

edit on 11-5-2011 by 1000TonBlocks because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 09:21 AM
link   
Oh, so some here know more than a NASA astrobiologist ? Methinx not.Everything's NOT a conspiracy.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join