It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NASA astrobiologist claims ATS is spreading Comet ELENIN and 2012 HOAX

page: 13
<< 10  11  12   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 08:37 AM
link   
reply to post by pscinet

Earlier this month, an advanced energy researcher disclosed information on the decline in dark energy density that began in the early 1980s and has accelerated through today.

The term "dark energy" was not even coined until 1998. It has never been directly observed or measured. It is a variation on the "cosmological constant," a place holder needed to make certain calculations jive with actual observations. If you're going to promulgate a hoax, at least do a little research into the field first.

Here, this should get you started.

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 08:39 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 12:17 AM
link   
The eastern and western regions of the USA are NOT SAFE. The Yellowstone Caldera out west is going to blow later in the timeline like the Mississippi River Valley is going to liquify from Michigan all the way to the Gulf Coast once ELE gets here and the salt dome area to the south suffers collapse. The Eastern Seaboard Fault System is going to unlock as the New Madrid Fault Zone erupts with activity to initiate the liquification of t he entire Midwest, which will cause meltdown scenarios of multiple nuclear power plants that turn the area east of the Mississippi River into a literal dead zone. That is why everyone east of the Mississippi must plan to make the trip WEST to be in the central USA before the liqufication of that area 'and' before the solar storm threat knocks out the power grid and communication grid much earlier in the timeline. Everyone stuck in the eastern and western USA beyond the power/communication grids going down will be stuck in DEAD ZONES. Please see [snip] for more info.

edit on 6/28/2011 by 12m8keall2c because: gratuitous link removed

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 04:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Trentslist

Wow. If you're so convinced the world is coming to an end, why are you asking for soon to be useless money on your webpage?

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 04:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Signals

Yet I see you all use NASA when it suits you.

So much double standards on this site.

Just like you all dont believe the MSM...which is fine by me....but 99% of the threads on this site use the MSM to back up their stories as proof.

Hmmmmmm......When it comes to THIS subject you are all as bad as each other. NASA + ATS = Mendacious!
edit on 28-6-2011 by TheButcher23 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 04:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheButcher23
Just like you all dont believe the MSM...which is fine by me....but 99% of the threads on this site use the MSM to back up their stories as proof.

Really? I will need some proof on this claim...

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 09:24 PM
link   
i want to know the mass of this object...the sandbox images ive seen scare the peanuts off me...new to the site, lookin to def add to the conversation and no im not a skeptic...from what ive seen and researched...i ten to go with the obvious fact #s bout to hit the fan....

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 09:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Trentslist

hmmm i wonder if the calhoun plant is already the first victim of the water.

tell me more sir tell me more

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 12:15 PM
link   
I like to continually ask David Morrison, the "Ask an Astrobiologist" guy why pretty much every question he receives is answered with "It's a hoax". He rarely answers me.

The other day I sent him the following:

Dear Mr. Morrisson:

With regard to a question you answered on March 1, 2011 about Comet Elenin you stated the following in your answer: "One of the worst examples is a video that someone posted on the NASAbuzzroom website that claims that the magnetic field of the comet will cause a large shift in the rotation axis of the Earth and produce mega-earthquakes on March 15, 2011. It is hard to imagine anyone would take this seriously."

So... is it simply coincidence that the Japan earthquake, one of the largest earthquakes in Earths history struck on March 15, 2011 and was so powerful that it did in fact cause a shift that did in turn actually cause our days to be shorter by about a half a second?

Okay, so it probably was just coincidence but hey I at least think my question to Mr. Morrisson was legitamate and warrented an answer, no? Anyway... I just thought it was an interesting contradiction.

Plus I love catching these guys off-guard!

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 12:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Skorpiogurl

Half a second?
Really? Can you provide a source for that?

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 12:33 PM
link   
Well I don't know if it was fact or not but I was watching "Anatomy of a Disaster" on the Discovery Channel a week or so ago and during that program they stated all of the (so called) facts of the disaster with regard to the magnitude, force and other things that were effected as a result.

They mentioned that it was one of the five most powerful in the history of the planet and went on to say "So powerful, in fact, that it effected the Earth’s rotation and shortened our days by one half of a second"

They were not specific about it and of course I was asking "Whose days? Every day? For how long?

I can try to find a link to the program....

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 01:15 PM
link   
There was a thread saying whatever is coming will stop Earth's rotation and flip the Earth as the object passes.

I was reading some scientific articles that state there are several different types of gravity acting upon us on Earth.

We are spinning on this ball at what...around 500 mph. If the Earth were to stop YOU would continue to travel at 500mph...splaaaaat! So even if you were in a bunker 1 mile below the Earth's surface.....you will die splattering on one of the walls when the Earth stops spinning.

Am I correct?

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 01:23 PM
link   
It seem that NASA is taking questions, about Comet Elenin.
www.nasa.gov...

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 03:03 PM
link   
None of you have stopped to consider this guy is RIGHT? No comet or asteroid is going to crash into the Earth any time soon ~knock on wood~

Comet Elnin will be closer than most, but it's not going to hit. Apophis, also close, still no collision. How about instead of speculating, you actually heed the words of someone who is EDUCATED in these matters?

Honestly, I think half the people on this forum WANT the Earth to be obliterated. There is no nibiru, no Extinction sized comet hurtling towards Earth. Stop playing make believe.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 01:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Pervius

Nah, I think it's 1100 mph. The atmosphere would carry on spinning at the same speed as the earth rotates (1100 mph). If that happened, everything would either be swept up into the atmosphere or become vaporised

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 06:03 PM
link   
im surprised NASA has actually confirmed already that ELENIN is a Cluster Comet and that theres even a remote possibility that its 'Tail' may graze us.

makes me wonder what drove them to even admit that, a coverup of something graver?

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 06:08 PM
link   
reply to post by ignant

im surprised NASA has actually confirmed already that ELENIN is a Cluster Comet and that theres even a remote possibility that its 'Tail' may graze us.

Where has NASA said that?

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 06:19 PM
link   
This guy's ignorance is shocking. First the sight is composed on thousands of posters, there is not a consensus version of anything. To say ATS and Goddlike are saying there will be a collision is just stupid, it should read "some people who post on these sights have suggest close call or collision...."

He should go on to say " further, many people who post on these sights state there will be no issue at all."

He should go on to say, "there is no clear consensus among the speculators on these sights, as the forums themselves draw democratically from a large group of people including scientist, laymen, religious folks and some folks clearly off their rocker."

He should go on to say, "as such, there is no point to me making blanket claims about one sight that has thousands of members, millions of posts and makes no public policy decisions at all."

His arrogance is only surpassed by his ignorance of either context, reality or anything other then his computer screen and printouts.

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 06:21 PM
link   

"This comet may not put on a great show. Just as certainly, it will not cause any disruptions here on Earth. But there is a cause to marvel," said Yeomans. "This intrepid little traveler will offer astronomers a chance to study a relatively young comet that came here from well beyond our solar system's planetary region. After a short while, it will be headed back out again, and we will not see or hear from Elenin for thousands of years. That's pretty cool."
Nasa

I do not believe it will effect us, but for some reason, I remember reading about the comet's tail possibly throwing some debris towards us. Nothing more than the current Perseid shower. See if I can locate that article if it was by Nasa?

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 04:22 AM
link   
sorry but i simply had to necromance this thread, else i wouldn't forgive myself for the rest of my life. reading thru ats in 2011 was a pain in the back just because of the "omg ZOMG elinin!!!" hysteria of users who couldn't even spell elenin correctly.

the astrobiologist was (is) damn right. who's the man now, huh? who's the man?!
edit on 27-2-2012 by jamsession because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 10  11  12   >>

join