It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NASA astrobiologist claims ATS is spreading Comet ELENIN and 2012 HOAX

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 03:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by curious7

Originally posted by AwakeinNM

Originally posted by curious7

Originally posted by woodnut86
F**k NASA!

i think 90% of the threads i've read on elenin haven't prediction or said anything of a collision with earth.
don't worry NASA, ATS'rs will be fine!

Really? Ok...

But way to go guys, now lets get the truth about Elenin if you will NASA. The longer you withhold info and dance around the issue, the longer members here will post about possible impact.

Put up or shut up time ladies and gents.

Could you steer me to some ATS members who have more information and knowledge than NASA who could make the determination of a "possible impact"?

Thanks.

Hmm, another who seems to have misread my post.

What I meant by that was that no, no member here has "more knowledge" than NASA, as I was saying if you bothered to switch your brain to the "on" function.......

The longer they withhold info, the more members here will continue with their sometimes ludicrous rants of possible impact.

Funny, I make a post that pretty much most logical people should agree with and yet I have morons who can't figure out what I say accusing me of being one of the nuts who believes we'll be struck? Insanity.

I reread it a couple times and see what you mean. Easy to misconstrue it the way it reads. My bad.

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 11:01 AM
link   
Why is it everything in the world, any body says anything, anything that is reported, anybody does a sneeze or a fart is a conspiracy. Why can't a simple comet be a comet, or an astroid. If Nirubu was real, any star gazer with a telescope would see it. Plain fact is, we have a much greater chance of offing our selves, the humans, with nukes, than a ELE astroid or comet. I don't live my life in fear. And I don't look at the media as evry word they say is a conspiracy. I am a new member, and this is my first responce, don't beat me up to bad.

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 02:17 PM
link   
reply to post by protectivedad

I'm glad we have a more sceptical new member to this site. It gets quite tiring listing to the drivel that comes out of some peoples mouths.

Welcome

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 09:01 PM
link   
Creation seems to come out of imperfection

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 11:05 AM
link   

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 11:13 AM
link   

Welcome, we could actually use more new people like you, lol

anyways I for one can't wait to sit under the night sky and watch this thing pass. it's not going to destroy us all, but it's going to look amazing.

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 11:35 AM
link   
So this only shows me one thing >>>as I had kinda wonderd about this before

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 11:55 AM
link   
Discussing topics that are a hoax, are not a hoax or are as yet unproven either way - means that we are pushing the possible hoax?

*sigh*

How about combating debates with proof? GASP!!

no, id rather have a huge cutting edge agency piont a finger instead, because that makes them so much better, honest..... /sarcasm

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 08:10 PM
link   
reply to post by SavedOne

Yes. A NASA astrobiologist may know what he...or she...is talking about. But when he or she comes out and says things like "this will not happen" or "no. there is no way this will happen" then it goes to show that he or she thinks they know everything there is to know on the subject and therefore an idiot. No matter how smart you are, if you think you know everything than you are an idiot.

Think people. We learn something new everyday. New scientific discoveries that we never even thought were possible. Seen creatures that we never knew existed. New scientific hypothesis and theories pop up every day. And many of them are not discovered by what you may discern as a scientist. What do you call a scientist anyway? Someone who works for an organization that specializes in a specific field? Or perhaps someone who has a degree in a certain subject? Or someone who has studied a certain subject, tested an idea, and theorized a solution?

One day we WILL discover that there is something heading toward earth to destroy it. What then? What if you were the one who discovered it? What would you do with the information?

Inform NASA? What would they do with the information? Inform the government? To keep people from freaking out the government would keep it hushed and secretly try to find a solution. If no solution could be found they would most likely inform the public shortly before it happened to keep mass chaos at a minimum.

So then what? Tell it to the world? There are tons of people out there doing that right now! The same people you discard as crackpots who don't know what they are talking about! Do you think you would be have better luck? Who would believe you?

You seem put a lot of trust in government. This is silly considering it is common knowledge that government lies. NASA, who does not exist without the government and its funding, would not publicly come out and say anything which may cause mass chaos without the consent of the government. So you keep trusting the word of those who would (and does) keep information from you because you are simply not important enough to "need-to-know".

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 08:54 PM
link   

Welcome! Sometimes things can just be things. But say I met you at the grocery store. Our carts bump into each other. I say "I'm sorry" and then tell you I am new in town and introduce myself. Then you are at your kid's baseball game and I happen to be jogging by in the same park on the other side of town. Then the next day you see me in the car behind you and I seem to turn every way you turn. Am I following you? No that's ridiculous! The next day we run into each other at the mall. Then at the shoe store the same day. That evening you go out for pizza and then I come in and sit a few tables over. After the pizza place, you stop for gas before going home. You notice that I have pulled in to the gas station and start pumping gas. I am done with the gas at the same time you are. Do you get in and wait for me to leave? Do you go home and keep watching to see if I follow you? At what point do you consider coincidence no longer coincidence? At what point do you get absolutely paranoid? Two weeks later when I am moving in next door?

It is a known fact that the government, politicians, corporations, military leaders, and other organizations lie. Most of the time it is for "the greater good", but still, they lie. As long as there is withheld information, misleading information, secretive things happening, things kept on a "need-to-know" basis, and human nature...there will be conspiracy theories. Some of them don't hold water, but others do. Something you were doing or researching prompted you to visit this site, and then actually join the site just like the rest of us. Which means you are questioning things!

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 09:05 PM
link   
reply to post by restlessbrainsyndrome

Yes. A NASA astrobiologist may know what he...or she...is talking about. But when he or she comes out and says things like "this will not happen" or "no. there is no way this will happen" then it goes to show that he or she thinks they know everything there is to know on the subject and therefore an idiot. No matter how smart you are, if you think you know everything than you are an idiot.

It does not go to shows that he or she thinks they know everything; that is why they researching their field of interest. When they say "this will not happen," it is because they understand the nature of the situation. People making doomsday prophecies do not.

Think people. We learn something new everyday. New scientific discoveries that we never even thought were possible. Seen creatures that we never knew existed. New scientific hypothesis and theories pop up every day. And many of them are not discovered by what you may discern as a scientist. What do you call a scientist anyway? Someone who works for an organization that specializes in a specific field? Or perhaps someone who has a degree in a certain subject? Or someone who has studied a certain subject, tested an idea, and theorized a solution?

I agree that we try to learn something every day; that is why scientists do their research. A scientist is someone who investigates using the scientific method. It has nothing to do with academic qualifications or appointments. Many of the greatest scientific discoveries were made by amateurs in their fields.

One day we WILL discover that there is something heading toward earth to destroy it. What then? What if you were the one who discovered it? What would you do with the information?

Correct; eventually a large asteroid will be spotted on a collision course with Earth. The comet everyone is getting all worked up about is not such an object.

You seem put a lot of trust in government.

Unless you've got a few billion dollars to build an asteroid busting defense system of your own, you have little choice. Just hope they succeed when the time comes.

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 10:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by IndiGo33
Both Comet Elenin and Asteroid Apophis are real, but these concerns about collisions are without foundation. Unfortunately there are a few popular websites that are known for suggesting multiple catastrophes, including popularizing the 2012 hoax. Two that show up in any search for “Comet Elenin” are godlikeproductions and abovetopsecret, both of which predict either a very close pass by Earth or a collision.

LINK: astrobiology.nasa.gov...

Funny to see ATS forum getting mentioned

I personally agree with this. Especially if to look at recently appearing topics with "HOT..." this "HOT..." that. All this looks that this forum is largely exaggerating different topics, "end of the world in 2010" is one of them. That's maybe not true but it makes such impression, I think. Earlier it was different, by the way. It was good old times.

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 01:06 AM
link   

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 01:08 AM
link   
if elenin was a brown dwarf, wudnt it be seen by now?? i mean , brown dwarfs dont emit light... but even after being SO DAMN close to the sun, it shud be seen by now....rite?

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 01:21 PM
link   
I wanted to confirm if Mr. Omerbashich was fearful of Comet Elenin and if the You Tube video was actually him. Start at the bottom and work up. His paper on Comet Elenin said we should be concerned with Sept & Oct 2011, but it looks as though he is not worried himself.

Sent: Friday, May 20, 2011 9:59 AM
To: (me)
Subject: Re: Astronomical alignments as the cause of M6+ seismicity

Dear ,

Thank you for your kind message. Closeness of the comets should be of no concern as far as the earthquakes. In the concept I propose, it's more about their orbital inclination, speed and apparent size. As the Elenin will speed up significantly during the time you indicate, it should pose no danger to us as far as the earthquakes

I do not appear in that video. Many videos were made out there, but all are by people I don't know personally so I can't be held responsible for what they say in them.

I am not an expert in crises management so I can't help you there either.

Kind regards,

On Sun, May 8, 2011 at 5:42 AM,
Hello Mr. Omerbashich,

Just read your paper titled "Astronomical alignments as the cause of M6+ seismicity". Excellent work.

What concerns me is how close Elenin will come both this September and October.

Can you tell me if the video shown below is actually you? What is said could be the most important statement of all of our life and I want to make sure I qualify this statement by whom they say it's from.

www.youtube.com...

Can I ask you if you are preparing more than you normally would in terms of food and survival gear?

I live in the Pacific Northwest, near Mt. Rainier. I have a strong belief in God as well. I just want to know if we should make plans for these two months?

Thank you in advance for your response.

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 05:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by curiouswa

Can I ask you if you are preparing more than you normally would in terms of food and survival gear?

Good queston! If the government and NASA , and JPL are all hiding something catastrophic. Why are they still acting like regular folks and going to work everyday, coming home petting there dog. That would mean one of 2 things, nothings gonna happen, or something they can't prevent is gonna happen. If nothing happens, we got nothing to worry about. If some ELE happens, one of 2 things will happen. You'll either go to hell or heaven. If you go to heaven, than there's nothing to worry about, but if you go to hell, you'll be so busy shaking hands with people you know you won't have time to worry. So quit worrying.

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 04:36 PM
link   
reply to post by IndiGo33

astroblogger.blogspot.com...

Have noticed how the above website says more, and hopefully tries to deliver a few more expected Facts, thsn NASA have so far done. One more plea for NASA to support all previous supporters of NASA by giving for all to read, view, and fully understand the multiple if's and but's concerning ELENIN.

Also why is it that the 1859 CME + Solar Flare incident - noticed and fully reported by Carrington, is said by NASA, to occur every 500 years. If that is True then how come Russia is digging 5000 new underground shelters,,,(2012 minus 1859 does'nt equal 500) .. the white house is said to have already dug out a new shelter / protective bunker to be Safe from possible Sun delivered EMP Storms across the Globe...In 1859 they had a few telegraph wires that remained active even when batteries were disconnected. The wooden poles supporting such are said to have each caught fire. That was in 1859. Today the Globe is strewn with a mass of underground / overhead lines. plus a full flux of underground water pipes Nuke power plants, plus plus etc. etc. etc. Satellites by the thousand are zipping around this planet and IF some superstorm outburst created by Solar Flares plus CME, then this planet will be in more destructive mode than Dresden or Hiroshima were when Bombed. So too all caring NASA voices, "Please take a seat and put us in the picture". Or is that asking perhaps too much

Maybe we should try and contact TESLA..

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 04:43 PM
link   
reply to post by steaming

Have noticed how the above website says more, and hopefully tries to deliver a few more expected Facts, thsn NASA have so far done. One more plea for NASA to support all previous supporters of NASA by giving for all to read, view, and fully understand the multiple if's and but's concerning ELENIN.

Did you actually read the blog you linked to? He didn't say anything that every other astronomer on Earth, including those at NASA, have been trying to get people to understand. He also explains why NASA isn't saying more; there's nothing more to say!

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 10:11 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 10:09 AM
link   

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13 >>

join