It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

From the official white house blog 05/10/11: Understanding EQ's, Could a 9.0 Mag quake happen here?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 02:32 PM
link   
I just posted this in the predictions/prophecy forum but it really belongs here.

This has to be a warning and a subliminal message that the US Government knows that a major seismic event is imminent. Also I find the timing curious as this is released one day before all these alleged mega quake predictions that are supposed to happen tomorrow (05/11/11):

www.whitehouse.gov...

Part I: Could a 9.0 Happen Here?

Four deadly earthquakes in just over a year—Haiti, Chile, New Zealand, and now Japan—have provided sudden reminders of the tectonic forces active beneath our feet. Perhaps more importantly, they serve as reminders that disasters resulting from those earthquakes are not the work of nature alone. Even in the face of such giant forces, societal decisions before and after an earthquake can have a major impact on the amount of damage, lives lost, and other outcomes. So while scientists and engineers share in society’s obligation to help the victims, we have an additional responsibility to learn from these events and share lessons that can be applied to vulnerable communities—not only abroad, but also here in the United States.

To make those wise decisions requires some basic geology. Most people know that the crust of the Earth is broken into about a dozen major sections, or plates, (and a number of smaller ones) that slowly move against one another

edit on Tue May 10 2011 by DontTreadOnMe because: IMPORTANT: Using Content From Other Websites on ATS

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 02:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Disconnected Sociopath

I would be comforted if the White House would promise that a 9.0 EQ will definitely happen.

Then I could rest assured that it wouldn't.

ETA: Someone beat you to it on this subject, by four minutes.other thread

edit on 10-5-2011 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 02:43 PM
link   

Guess I'll bring this up again, then...

Induction Magnetometer

Why does it gotta do that, it's like they know I'm keeping an eye on tomorrow and they fire it up just to f*ck with me.
edit on 10-5-2011 by Lionhearte because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 02:44 PM
link   
Interesting OP, but...

This is only a story if something actually happens on 5/11.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 02:45 PM
link   

that's weird. something posted on the white house website that is simple, straight-forward, informative AND relevant? maybe those May 21st-ers are right, this sure seems like a sign of the End Times...

for real though, regardless of HAARP, NWO, 2012 theories, this all sounds like a great idea to me. we've all been getting so worked up over the potential of the new madrid fault going critical, it's nice to see the government actually addressing some real world concerns. hopefully this won't just turn out to be placative lip service.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 02:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Lionhearte

I admittedly am a little ignorant when it comes to HAARP. Is this showing that they have fired it up? And if chemtrails and HAARP are truly linked then that would explain all the chemtrails here today.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 02:47 PM
link   
Dude...if a megaquake happens tmr...screw the tinfoil hat...Im knitting a space-suit made of shopping bags and try'll to build a rocket...this 2012 stuff is getting freaky
edit on 10-5-2011 by dude69 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 02:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lionhearte

Guess I'll bring this up again, then...

Induction Magnetometer

Why does it gotta do that, it's like they know I'm keeping an eye on tomorrow and they fire it up just to f*ck with me.
edit on 10-5-2011 by Lionhearte because: (no reason given)

i don't know what the heck i'm looking at in that link. what does it mean that the magnetometer measures "temporal" variations? does that mean they can detect local time anomalies? or is there some other, more applicable use of the word temporal that i'm unaware of?

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 02:57 PM
link   

hmm pretty interesting
.. I have been following USGS since 2004 continuously, as it was the year we had to face a mega quake and a tsunami, which killed thousands .

Anyway since 1st week of march 2011, number of earthquakes began to increase in a very high number, and still its growing.

I read a post yesterday about a prediction on May 11th earthquake causing by few alignments in our solar system. And today is 10th, actually the number of earthquakes are really high, and even Loyalty islands and PUERTO RICO REGION faced more than 6 earthquakes continuously .

I think now we really got something to think about.

Anyway thanks a lot for shearing , I really appreciate that effort

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 03:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by butcherguy

I would be comforted if the White House would promise that a 9.0 EQ will definitely happen.

Then I could rest assured that it wouldn't.

ETA: Someone beat you to it on this subject, by four minutes.other thread

edit on 10-5-2011 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

That's my thread too - I originally posted it in the prophecy forum due to all the predictions for megaquakes happening around the world tom, specifically in Taiwan and Italy. But obviously this story does belong on this forum...

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 03:10 PM
link   

Ha! You beat yourself.

I never even looked at the poster.:duh
n me.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 03:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Signals
Interesting OP, but...

This is only a story if something actually happens on 5/11.

Even if any of these megaquake predictions don't come true tomorrow - this is still noteworthy becasue the government is essentially making an official statement and basically telling us that a megaquake can and will happen on US soil at some point in the future. Not that most of us didn't know this anyway....

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 03:25 PM
link   

Understood, but it's the same government that's conducting the huge New Madrid Fault exercise from May 16-20th.

So...it's not like they haven't been talking to us about big earthquakes until now!

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 03:54 PM
link   
news.yahoo.com...

hmmm.. may be you should read this as well

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 09:22 PM
link   
hmmm...wonder what they know? they never come out and issue warnnigs like this.

they aren't issuing warnng about what to do in case of a great depression and/or financial meltdown. why are they all over this? wonder if there's even anything to this or if they're not just trying to play on the fears that they know some people have so as to draw attention to it...kinda like obl...

or maybe they're just kind hearted floks with the people's bvest interests at heart...

top topics

join