Commuters, those who really don't like to drive, etc. LEND ME YOUR EARS./ CAR afficanado

page: 1
1

log in

join

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 01:05 PM
link   
Commuters should stop using gas.

Want my REAL plan if I could influence the world?

All communters, who drone around all day waisting gas sitting in traffic, should be required to get an electric vehicle. ( before you bristle read on!) If not, the new high speed trains being proposed should be their way to work.

Thers is no reason that polluting cars should be out there on the road will bald tires, no tune up, spitting crap into the atmosphere. Because if this, we first had to go to crappy ethanol and it looks like we're running out of oil in the nex few decades or perhaps 50 years if VERY lucky. All these cars kept with low tires, non tuned up engines, on and on, are eating up gas that could be used elsewhere. Whats the reason for? You're just sitting there eating a banana ...waisting gas.

DOES ANYONE HERE LOVE CARS? By love, I mean have a complete and utter attraction to them. Participate in SCCA sponsored events, track events, etc??

I love cars, I love racing cars, it is my passion. I wish to keep the supply of gas around as long as pose to support the habits of true automotive ethusiasts. Sorry if you dont like that outlook.

Paulie's plumbing idling in traffic for hours and overusing gas, people sitting for ours on the 101 and in Atlanta, they're just trying to get somewhere, and all the while wasting gases and adding pollutants.

Relatively few car enthusiasts using tracks on weekened would be negated 1,000,000 fold by the non essential wasteful junkpiles without tune-ups and don't check their tires should be the ones on buses, high speed rail, and driving pruis.




posted on May, 10 2011 @ 01:14 PM
link   
This seems like a selfish request... You start out saying how bad it is that commuters are "waisting" gas to get to work in whatever car they can afford. Then you say that only auto enthusiasts should be allowed to use gas.

You're essentially saying, "If people are required to buy special cars and change the way they live, I'll be able to have more fun."



posted on May, 10 2011 @ 01:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by potaco
This seems like a selfish request... You start out saying how bad it is that commuters are "waisting" gas to get to work in whatever car they can afford. Then you say that only auto enthusiasts should be allowed to use gas.

You're essentially saying, "If people are required to buy special cars and change the way they live, I'll be able to have more fun."


Nope. Not at all.



posted on May, 10 2011 @ 01:27 PM
link   
Hahaha. Your barking up the wrong tree because no one is going to adjust to anything u have stated. Even if people have older cars whats that gonna stop. Most people can't afford new gas efficient vehicles to replace there older ones.



posted on May, 10 2011 @ 01:36 PM
link   
Why even have a car to begin with??
I have made the decision when I was young to not get a license or a car.

With public transportation (which I don't even need) there are solutions to getting around.

Your car is a bank machine for oil companies.

I cycle everywhere and am healthier for it.

When people are whining about gas prices...I smile knowing i knew better in the first place.



posted on May, 10 2011 @ 01:47 PM
link   
reply to post by DrumsRfun
 

I'm reminded of the Beemer I was behind the other day that had a bumpersticker that said "One Less Bicycle." I'm with him.

As for the OP: You know where you can stick it....



posted on May, 10 2011 @ 02:32 PM
link   
reply to post by SigmundFRAUD
 


With the price of gas going up, up and up, eventually everyone will be riding bicycles just because they cant afford to drive even a mile.. Also you must consider the fact that many towns across the nation don't have a Public Transit option.
edit on 10-5-2011 by dwmjr1985 because: (no reason given)



posted on May, 10 2011 @ 02:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by DrumsRfun
Why even have a car to begin with??
I have made the decision when I was young to not get a license or a car.

With public transportation (which I don't even need) there are solutions to getting around.

Your car is a bank machine for oil companies.

I cycle everywhere and am healthier for it.

When people are whining about gas prices...I smile knowing i knew better in the first place.

Yeah, because everyone lives near reliable public transportation or close enough to their place of employment to not need it. Oh wait, you forgot about the rest of the world's population that isn't you.



posted on May, 10 2011 @ 05:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ex_CT2
reply to post by DrumsRfun
 

I'm reminded of the Beemer I was behind the other day that had a bumpersticker that said "One Less Bicycle." I'm with him.

As for the OP: You know where you can stick it....

I'm quoting my own post because I don't want to be that guy; I want to soften my stance a little.

To DrumsRfun: If this were a different world, and we were all better people, I'd agree with you. As it is bicyclists and vehiclists can barely tolerate each other. Drivers are in a hurry, and they're jerks; the roads aren't built to accommodate two such disparate modes of transportation. Bicyclists, even when they are in a hurry, are still potential--and sometimes actual--roadkill, because of their holier-than-thou attitude toward drivers. It's not a different world, and we're not better people....

To SigmundFRAUD: "Peak Oil" is a crock. It's another con cooked up by the Elitists. Here's a link: AboveTopSecret.... As for pollution--well, I'll concede on that point. But allowing a bunch of adolescent-minded hobbyists to pollute just because they love it, but disallowing it to people who have jobs to do and families to feed--well, I'm not sure exactly how that makes sense....
edit on 5/10/2011 by Ex_CT2 because:



posted on May, 10 2011 @ 10:15 PM
link   
reply to post by SigmundFRAUD
 


I like my car,it's paid off and I have the title.
It is black,with black leather interior.It gets
good gas mileage for a stationwagon.I keep
my car in the garage and drive it about twice
a week.I put only premium gas in her tank
and she is all mine and you can't have her

She is a 2002 volvo v70 with 50,000 miles.

I have been told,if I ever back into my husband's car
again,he is taking my baby
A couple of times
I forgot where my husband parked his car until mine
kissed his



posted on May, 11 2011 @ 01:32 AM
link   
You didn't understand what I was saying, and took it not only incorrectly but personally. The shove it up your asss comments directed at me just solidified my thoughts about some on this website.



posted on May, 11 2011 @ 01:35 AM
link   
Just so you know, I am a bicycle ethusiast. I often ride to work. I also race mountain bikes. I love riding, as does my family. Cars for me are for weekend track day. I do my part, so that I may race on weekends.

Those who sit in traffic everyday, clogging the atmosphere, eating their doughnuts....sure tell me to go to hell. You didn't understand what I said.



posted on May, 11 2011 @ 06:15 AM
link   
reply to post by potaco
 


I don't have to make decisions for the rest of the world,only for me.

In Asian countries with bigger populations they use ALOT more bikes and other ways to get around.
Look at overpopulated areas and you see more bicycles.
Now look at the smog factor in those same areas.
If you are in a city and you can't bike 30 km then you are either too fat,too lazy, or too out of shape....either of which is the product of your own decisions...not mine.
If you are in a rural area then horses are an option.
Where i grew up (in a big city) there were mennonites that to this day don't use cars and yet they are fine.
They lived in the country and they always seemed to make it to town to buy their linens without a car.
Hmmmmm something to think about??

I find it sad that people are quicker to find excuses,rather then alternatives and solutions,to the gas and oil problem.

As for cars vs cyclists...people are self-entitled no matter where you encounter them.



posted on May, 11 2011 @ 07:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by SigmundFRAUD
You didn't understand what I was saying, and took it not only incorrectly but personally. The shove it up your asss comments directed at me just solidified my thoughts about some on this website.


Excuse me,to whom are you addressing this post to?
I was only having a little fun with this thread.I did use
the little smiley faces in my post.
If the comments on this thread have solidified your
thoughts about some of the members here.You need
to get a backbone and not be so easily offended.There
are members here who will have you for lunch.Then,your
feelings will really be offended.



posted on May, 11 2011 @ 11:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by mamabeth

Originally posted by SigmundFRAUD
You didn't understand what I was saying, and took it not only incorrectly but personally. The shove it up your asss comments directed at me just solidified my thoughts about some on this website.


Excuse me,to whom are you addressing this post to?
I was only having a little fun with this thread.I did use
the little smiley faces in my post.
If the comments on this thread have solidified your
thoughts about some of the members here.You need
to get a backbone and not be so easily offended.There
are members here who will have you for lunch.Then,your
feelings will really be offended.

I believe that was intended for me, at a comment I tried to retract later. Some people want to spout immature and ill-considered opinions and then hate on those who disagree with them. I'm inclined to forget I even saw this thread and just avoid the OP in the future....



posted on May, 14 2011 @ 12:06 AM
link   
I am not trying to be nasty, I was just responding in kind. Don't tell me to grow a thick skin, and in the same breath say you will stay away from me.

To the person who said that some members here would eat my lunch, don't be so sure. This is just banter for me, no harm no foul. I assure you I can hold my own with the best net bullies.

I don't recall why I said what I said, but I do apologize for it. I think you'll find I'm a pretty easy going person with a lot of interesting attributes, if given the chance.

Cheers



posted on May, 14 2011 @ 12:09 AM
link   
It helps if you don;t make nasty comments, then go back and delete them after the person they were directed at already responded. It's a move that makes the other person look bad and other's aren't aware why I said what I said.



posted on May, 23 2011 @ 01:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by SigmundFRAUD
Commuters should stop using gas.

Want my REAL plan if I could influence the world?

All communters, who drone around all day waisting gas sitting in traffic, should be required to get an electric vehicle. ( before you bristle read on!) If not, the new high speed trains being proposed should be their way to work.

Thers is no reason that polluting cars should be out there on the road will bald tires, no tune up, spitting crap into the atmosphere. Because if this, we first had to go to crappy ethanol and it looks like we're running out of oil in the nex few decades or perhaps 50 years if VERY lucky. All these cars kept with low tires, non tuned up engines, on and on, are eating up gas that could be used elsewhere. Whats the reason for? You're just sitting there eating a banana ...waisting gas.

DOES ANYONE HERE LOVE CARS? By love, I mean have a complete and utter attraction to them. Participate in SCCA sponsored events, track events, etc??

I love cars, I love racing cars, it is my passion. I wish to keep the supply of gas around as long as pose to support the habits of true automotive ethusiasts. Sorry if you dont like that outlook.

Paulie's plumbing idling in traffic for hours and overusing gas, people sitting for ours on the 101 and in Atlanta, they're just trying to get somewhere, and all the while wasting gases and adding pollutants.

Relatively few car enthusiasts using tracks on weekened would be negated 1,000,000 fold by the non essential wasteful junkpiles without tune-ups and don't check their tires should be the ones on buses, high speed rail, and driving pruis.


I am an auto enthusiast. I had originally aspired to working exclusively with cars as an Automotive engineer but the gas crunch of the 80's put a damper on that dream.
It all worked out in the end because I entered into the field of computers and cars now use more computers than ever !!



I can relate to what you are saying. Even though the gas supply issue is purposely used to keep prices high.
We apparently have enough Oil on the North Slopes of Alaska to last us for the next 200 years.

Unfortunately, if they were to tap into those reserves, gas prices would drop to $1.50 per gallon meaning very little profit for the Oil companies....obvious as to why that isn't going to happen.

But if you wanna take a look at what high gas prices do to the overall commuting culture then take a quick look at Europe.
Since they don't have oil oozing out of the ground as we are fortunate enough to have here in the US, They've very high gas prices and the majority of people do rely upon and use public transportation to get to/from work.

I owned an Audi A8 while working in Europe (Germany). Great car IMA, with all wheel drive and a big V8.
But to fill that vehicle cost me about $170. per week. Yes, One Hundred and Seventy US Dollars !!
Fortunately it was paid for by Audi and/or my corporation but that is a lot of money to pay weekly for gas alone.

That's more than my own grocery/food bill !!

So, if that had been my own money, I certainly would have readily sought other options.

I do feel that we are long overdue for a paradigm change though and I feel that electrics are the future.
No expensive and toxic gas, oil changes, oil filters, Toxic Coolant....none of that.

In fact the concept of generating our own power from home, via artificial photosynthesis looks promising to me.
You'd in essence have your own power generating station in which you could heat/cool your home AND charge your electric vehicle at night using hydrogen from the photosynthesis.

Let's not forget that Electrics are promising from a performance perspective too.
Due to having instantaneous torque.
No more revving required. Simply hit the go pedal and you are gone !!!!



Take a look at this guy's little electric powered dragster...and there is hope yet for the future of fun to drive electric vehicles !!

He's outrunning V8 powered performance cars and turning 10 second quarter miles...on electricity generated by clean hydroelectric power from the Columbia river.





Forever expanding my mind and hoping to deny ignorance !!

NH_EE

Live Free or Die



posted on May, 31 2011 @ 11:11 AM
link   

The Future of Motoring




Here's Jay Leno agreeing with the OP about the future of gas cars saving them for our classic cars and society migrating to green alternatives such as Hydrogen Fueled electrics such as the HONDA FCX Clarity which emits only Water as it's exhaust..... no more pollutants in our air...only water which we will recycle as rain....







In pursuit of Denying Ignorance.

Live Free or Die

NH_EE





top topics
 
1

log in

join