It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Study estimates that illegal immigrants paid $11.2B in taxes last year, unlike GE, which paid zero

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 05:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Cuervo

Do you believe it is the right, or a privilege for a foreigner to enter the United States?

Social programs: Keep them or eliminate all of them?

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 05:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by ViperChili
reply to post by Cuervo

Do you believe it is the right, or a privilege for a foreigner to enter the United States?

Social programs: Keep them or eliminate all of them?

Privilege that should be offered to more people.

Yes, kill them all. On a federal level, that is.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 05:52 PM
link   
They should just kick GE out of the country. Wait I think they left already. How many plants did they move out of the country already and how many people lost their jobs with GE over the last decade? They did pay taxes to the other countries they moved to. Pretty soon we will have to go to another country to be employed...

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 05:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Cuervo

Offered to more people? Why?

Do we not have high enough unemployment here?

The last thing we need is more unskilled 3rd world immigrants coming here. Our economy is crap, and undoubtedly they would rely on already strained (and unconstitutional ) social programs.

That is a recipe for disaster.

The U.S. needs less people, not more.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 05:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by TamtammyMacx
They should just kick GE out of the country. Wait I think they left already. How many plants did they move out of the country already and how many people lost their jobs with GE over the last decade? They did pay taxes to the other countries they moved to. Pretty soon we will have to go to another country to be employed...

Again, blame the government, not the company.

A business has no obligation to anyone other than it's shareholders. If relocating to a more business friendly country (Ireland for example) would benefit the shareholders, and increase profits, then without question the company should relocate out of the U.S.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 07:32 PM
link   
So if they paid 11.2 Billion dollars in taxes I wonder who's social security number they used.

Identity theft !

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 07:51 PM
link   

reply to post by Cuervo

Offered to more people? Why?

Do we not have high enough unemployment here?

The last thing we need is more unskilled 3rd world immigrants coming here. Our economy is crap, and undoubtedly they would rely on already strained (and unconstitutional ) social programs.

That is a recipe for disaster.

The U.S. needs less people, not more.

You ask me a question and then debate me on an unrelated side-bar. This has been your pattern in the last two threads we have participated in together. I'm not even about to argue immigration with you. Suffice it to say that I'd defend your state's rights to do as they pleased in regards to immigration. Just as I'd hope you would defend my states rights to welcome them.

I'm sure there are threads specifically about immigration. This is not one of them.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 08:02 PM
link   

reply to post by Cuervo

uh, what social security number are those withholdings based on?

Admit it, they commit fraud, while you extol the virtues of them paying taxes

Actually, they most likely don't commit fraud at all...the employers do.

You guys have to admit to yourselves...no illegal can work without an American citizen employing them.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 08:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Mudman21

It is hard to imagine that illegal immigration costs just as much as social security annually to taxpayers...

Secondly, Fox's credibility has been thoroughly destroyed... at least for the observant. Do I really even need to cite the countless videos of the channel airing misleading video clips of large crowds of people, then claiming they are the attendees of an entirely different event? The most recent blatant lie I can think of is when they showed Ron Paul getting booed back in 2008 instead of showing the actual clip of Ron Paul getting cheered in 2011.

Just because someone is "right-wing" or "leftist" doesn't mean they have no credibility... how are these individuals questionable which you have not even named? I have no knowledge of this leftist organization in question, however you seem to know something juicy. Perhaps you could let me know?

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 08:59 PM
link   
They are still breaking the law. They can take their $11.2 Billion and go home, and if they want to be here in America then they need to come through the front door.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 10:23 PM
link   
reply to post by ViperChili

No blame the corporations. They are the ones running the government. With their lobbyists in Washington, they are running the show. GE's CEO is in the White House. Jeffey Immelt , GE CEO is Obama's economic advisor and heads the President's council on jobs.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 10:30 PM
link   

Not exactly...The article *which i had read before being posted here* states that the bulk of the money came from local property taxes, sales taxes, even taxes on rent. Income tax can be paid via a Tax Payer I.d. number that can be attained by legal and illegal immigrants and citizens alike...the argument of "stealing" Identities to steal American jobs is bologna as the e-verify system has been kicked into high gear for the past two years and has been giving positive results. Make of it as you will...

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 10:40 PM
link   
reply to post by OptimusSubprime

and how simple do you think getting in through the "front door"? Do you know the wait time for people who aren't skilled or wealthy is to get into this country? I'll give it to you-10-20 years...and that's doing it the legal way...I'd honestly like to see you and every "they took our jobs-do it the legal way-go back to your country" person stand idly by while you can't feed your family because NAFTA screwed your corn farming boss over by knocking him out of business thus knocking you out of your job leaving you to fend for yourself without a social safety net like unemployment and food stamps---at that point waiting for 10 years seems kinda bs doesn't it. And don't give me the *they're breaking the law* argument as we on a daily basis break speeding laws, text/talk on the phone while driving and 21-and-under kids drink alcohol-the list goes one so unless being a citizen grants us immunity from breaking "frivolous" laws we shouldn't talk about not breaking the law period, no?

Also-If the current immigration standards existed during the European mass migration periods then no one would have gotten into the country as how skilled would a bunch of European field workers and peasants be? So scratch everyone off with a German/Polish/Greek/Italian/Irish/Slavic last name that currently lives in our country as they would never have made it here in the first place.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 10:48 PM
link   

And how exactly did we come around to having high unemployment? Is it all the Mexicans who decided to steal all of those luxurious jobs like cleaning toilets, picking crops in 90+ heat, cleaning houses, doing landscaping etc...or is it the large American corporations that use tax loopholes and export millions of jobs around the world screwing over the American workers that had at one time held those jobs simply because it allows them for a higher profit thus more money for the shareholders? It's much more convenient to choose a boogeyman than it is to look at what's wrong with our economical system-and that's exactly what Wall Street and their never-ending supply of greedy and unscrupulous billionaires have done.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 11:40 PM
link   
Here are my thoughts on the whole illegal situation.

What everyone fails to realize is this. Illegals in this country come to work.
They then turn around and send the bulk of that money to support their families back home.
Billions of dollars are bleeding from this country every week.
That's money that's not being spent here.

Sure we spend money on them. However I think that if you make them legal. The tax revenue would more than make up for the expenditure. It would spur growth and create jobs. Right now we are stagnating.

my .02 cents.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 01:49 AM
link   
reply to post by grey580

I know plenty more Citizens and legal residents that send money back to Mexico than illegals mainly due to the fact that the illegals don't have the luxury of having extra money as most of their money is spent on food and rent and sometimes tuition while their legal counterparts make a pretty penny more...That's what I see though so this may not be the case everywhere.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 02:27 AM
link   
Here is an informative article on GE paying tax and other multi-national corporations taxes www.nytimes.com/2011/03/25/business/economy/25tax.html?_r=1

I don't see how any group can put an accurate number on how much illegals have paid in taxes since many are paid under the table or have fake social security cards, one construction here in Texas was busted a few years ago by INS and it had 32 illegals all using the same social security card.

Hazelton, Pennsylvania was the first city in the country to try to create city ordinances banning illegals from renting apartments and houses and it was struck down by the supreme court as unconstitutional, since then Farmers Branch, Texas (a Dallas suburb) has also tried similar city ordinances and so far has spent over 5 million tax dollars fighting it in court against a group of apartment owners in the city who rightfully claim that it's not their job to be doing INS's job.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 06:18 AM
link   
THE ONLY WAY thst illegals inmmigrants are linked to the BIG CORPS, is that they hired them to work fantastic overtime hours and paying them cheap.OF COURSE THESE O.T. HOURS ARE OFF THE RECORD,that whyn they manage to keep the most profit ,its a win -win situation.SO THE BIG BOSSES can maintain their blue collar jobs and lifestyle.Just reporting the minimum to the federal goverment.Of course think that nobody wants to go work in the crops,cleaning toilets,construction in high risk positions with noinsurance,maintain yards,and all of the outdoors jobs that nobody wants.[Because they pay cheap].

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 06:20 AM
link   
They probably work harder than an American too.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 06:41 AM
link   
reply to post by zookey

I know how easily giant corporations get away without paying tax in both the USA and the UK. What I don't understand is how an illegal immigrant pays tax. Surely if you are illegal, you don't have a tax or revenue number, so tax can't be alloted to your input? I can't see some guy employing illegals paying tax on their work, I can see him pocketing their tax however.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join