It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Study estimates that illegal immigrants paid $11.2B in taxes last year, unlike GE, which paid zero

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 01:02 PM
link   
So... do you still think that undocumented workers are the priority issue in America? Why aren't we deporting these mega-corporations, instead?!

Proof of American Blindness

While GE - which earned a whopping $14 billion last year - is reported to have paid nothing, nada, zero in taxes (GE denies it), the undocumented paid billions in state and local taxes in 2010.

How do we educate people and show them who the real enemies are?!

edit on 10-5-2011 by Cuervo because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 01:05 PM
link   
two words

la raza

not all are enemies

not all are friends

GE happens to have citizenship

break the law

go to prison

green card or not

you lose

no pass go

no 200

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 01:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Cuervo

Your link is broken.

/TOA

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 01:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Truther9111776

I'm not even remotely convinced you read the article. In fact, I'm pretty sure you came on to post simply because you saw the word "immigrant" and wanted to make the issue about immigration.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 01:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cuervo

I'm not even remotely convinced you read the article. In fact, I'm pretty sure you came on to post simply because you saw the word "immigrant" and wanted to make the issue about immigration.

How can anyone read the article when you don't know how to post a link?

Since you read the article, did it mention how they paid income taxes? Using a fake social security number presumably correct?

That constitutes fraud and/or identity theft.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 01:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Old American
reply to post by Cuervo

Your link is broken.

/TOA

Fixed. Thanks for the heads up!

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 01:12 PM
link   
Your link is not working.. NVM working now.

And where does this estimate of how much illegals have paid into the tax system?

Megacorperations are a lot of what is wrong with the world today though. Globalism will be the downfall of humanity. When corperations could bloat and become worldwide... It becomes a monopoly prettymuch, no one can fairly compete, especially when they have their tentacles in politicians.
edit on Tue, 10 May 2011 13:13:02 -0500 by TKDRL because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 01:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by ViperChili

How can anyone read the article when you don't know how to post a link?

Since you read the article, did it mention how they paid income taxes? Using a fake social security number presumably correct?

That constitutes fraud and/or identity theft.

Fixed the link. As far as paying income taxes, they come out of paychecks. For fear of deportation, they don't file, even if they would be eligible for a refund. This means that everything the feds take from their checks, they keep.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 01:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Cuervo

Don't know about where you live, all the illegals on construction sites I worked at were paid cash money. No paycheck involved there.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 01:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by TKDRL
Your link is not working.. NVM working now.

And where does this estimate of how much illegals have paid into the tax system?

Megacorperations are a lot of what is wrong with the world today though. Globalism will be the downfall of humanity. When corperations could bloat and become worldwide... It becomes a monopoly prettymuch, no one can fairly compete, especially when they have their tentacles in politicians.
edit on Tue, 10 May 2011 13:13:02 -0500 by TKDRL because: (no reason given)

The estimates came from itepnet.org. They are an independent research NP who specializes in taxes and tax policy.

Thanks for addressing the issue and not just ignoring it in favor of bashing immigrants.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 01:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by TKDRL
reply to post by Cuervo

Don't know about where you live, all the illegals on construction sites I worked at were paid cash money. No paycheck involved there.

Obviously, they don't pay taxes. Neither do half the non-immigrants I know that work in drywall. What's your point? It doesn't change what I was pointing out.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 01:21 PM
link   
They may pay 11.2 billion in taxes but they cost the taxpayers over $100 billion each year. Over 10 billion in Cali alone. Not a got tradeoff if you ask me!

Link

I agree, GE should pay their fair share, but at least they provide "legal" Americans an income right now in an otherwise dismal job market. And being one of the largest government contracted companies, I don't think that the free ride for GE is going to end soon, at least not while we are in three different wars.
edit on 10-5-2011 by Mudman21 because: To Add

edit on 10-5-2011 by Mudman21 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 01:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Cuervo

uh, what social security number are those withholdings based on?

Admit it, they commit fraud, while you extol the virtues of them paying taxes

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 01:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Old American
reply to post by Cuervo

Your link is broken.

/TOA

Fixed. Thanks for the heads up!

Yar!

OK, I read it. So I have a few points I'd like to make from the article.

1) They paid $11.2B in state and and local taxes. That unavoidable, because it's sales tax. Even someone here from Great Britain on holiday (I love that term) pays state and local taxes. This is a non-issue on either side of the for or against illegals debate.

2) I take exception to the below:

At least half of them pay income taxes.

I'm not refuting that half pay income taxes. I take exception to the fact that there are that many illegal aliens in America on official payrolls, which is not necessarily a ding against illegals, but a ding against employers. That means that they have "officially" hired them, with a W2 and everything.

Why is it so hard for people to come to America, walk into the local immigration service, fill out some paperwork and get started being a productive non-criminal? Hell, just get your green card if you don't want to be a citizen! Why be a criminal about it? Seriously, just walk the [snip] down there and fill out the damn paperwork! Welcome to America enjoy your stay! It's like pulling teeth to get anyone to realize this.

/TOA

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 01:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mudman21
They may pay 11.2 billion in taxes but they cost the taxpayers over $100 billion each year. Over 10 billion in Cali alone. Not a got tradeoff if you ask me!

Link

The study was on FOX by "Federation for American Immigration Reform"

Yeah, I'm sure that was a "fair and balanced" study.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 01:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Cuervo

You do know that ITEP is funded by quite a few leftist foundations, and also happens to have some questionably leftist members on their board right?

But that doesn't matter to you right? Surely there is no ulterior motive is there?

link   
reply to post by The Old American

True, there is a definite negligence on behalf of employers in enforcing immigration policy. Maybe we should start there. If you don't have work for people, you won't have to deport them; they'll leave for a more prosperous Mexico.

link   
reply to post by Cuervo

You can do the research yourself. There have been many studies done and they all come up conclusively that illegal immigration cost the American people over 100 billion per year.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 01:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by ViperChili
reply to post by Cuervo

You do know that ITEP is funded by quite a few leftist foundations, and also happens to have some questionably leftist members on their board right?

But that doesn't matter to you right? Surely there is no ulterior motive is there?

My motive was to point out that, while you are whining about our southern neighbors, there are HUGE ultra-wealthy corporations that rape us every single day! But I never hear southerners complain about them. Instead of complaining about these tax-evading companies outsourcing your jobs, you complain about immigrants!

It's a matter of choosing your battles and seeing who should be taken down first. If you still think the problem is people, then you are blinded by hate.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 01:31 PM
link   
so by your standards
talk about only what you want

break one law
fine

as long as you pay

breaking any law makes you a criminal
being an immigrant is not a crime

but breaking our immigration laws
is

new topics