It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama: “We Could Not Say Definitively That Bin Laden Was There” (CBS 60 Minutes interview)

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 06:30 AM
link   

'During his 60 Minutes interview with CBS News last night, Barack Obama admitted that US intelligence was only 55/45 confident that Bin Laden was even in the compound raided last Sunday night, fearing that the occupant could actually have been a “prince from Dubai,” a skepticism shared by residents of Abbottabad, one of whom told the BBC that the man seen watching television in the tapes released by the White House Saturday was in fact his neighbor, not Bin Laden.'

Quote:
“At the end of the day, this was still a 55/45 situation. I mean, we could not say definitively that bin Laden was there. Had he not been there, then there would have been significant consequences,” the president added

Quote:
“Obviously, we’re going into the sovereign territory of another country and landing helicopters and conducting a military operation. And so if it turns out that it’s a wealthy, you know, prince from Dubai who’s in this compound, and, you know, we’ve spent Special Forces in — we’ve got problems,”

Quote:
The White House’s massive uncertainty that Bin Laden was even in the compound and that US forces could instead have been raiding a “prince from Dubai,” is interesting given the fact that the vast majority of neighbors who lived around the house in Abbottabad remain convinced that both the man who lived there and the individual shown watching television in the tape released by US officials Saturday was not Bin Laden.

Quote:
In a BBC News report, Orla Guerin interviewed dozens of people who were adamant that Bin Laden did not live in the compound, with none of them ever witnessing him or hearing rumors that he was there in the five years that Obama claimed Bin Laden was a resident in the town.

Quote:
“It’s all a fake, nothing happened,” said a newspaper seller who has been working in the town for 50 years.

Another resident told Guerin that the man seen in the video footage of Osama allegedly flicking between television channels is in fact his neighbor, not Bin Laden.

“His name is Akhbar Han, he owns the house they said was Osama’s house, I know him very well,” the man stated.

After speaking to “more than 50 people in the market,” Guerin found only one who believed that the man watching television was Bin Laden.

Quote:
Last week, another Abbottabad resident who lived 5 minutes from the alleged Bin Laden compound and also owned a house next door said he never saw any sign that Bin Laden lived in the house, adding that the area was restricted due to it being next door to a Pakistani military facility, and that all new residents had to show ID cards before they could enter the area.

Quote:
while the face of the man watching television can hardly be seen, the other videos released by the White House show a Bin Laden that looks a lot younger and healthier than he did in 2001. All of the other videos look almost identical to footage first released in 2007 by the Pentagon front group SITE.

Source

At least the chances they killed some other old man than OBL was not 50/50

Full Barack Obama "60 Minutes" Interview And Complete Transcript

Interview

The relevant comments are made after the 10 minute mark.

edit on 10-5-2011 by RUSSO because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 06:49 AM
link   
Does this mean we might be treated to a new video of Osama, holding the latest copy of the Washington Post, firing an AK47?

Oh dear......

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 06:49 AM
link   
Something is most definitely wrong.

If you match up your thread title to this little interview (from 45 seconds to 1.28)
www.bbc.co.uk... then someone is not keeping tally of what stories are to be told..

Just this BBC interview alone stinks..

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 07:30 AM
link   

“At the end of the day, this was still a 55/45 situation. I mean, we could not say definitively that bin Laden was there. Had he not been there, then there would have been significant consequences,” the president added

“Obviously, we’re going into the sovereign territory of another country and landing helicopters and conducting a military operation. And so if it turns out that it’s a wealthy, you know, prince from Dubai who’s in this compound, and, you know, we’ve spent Special Forces in — we’ve got problems,”

I watched part of this interview yesterday. I could not help but to compare it to '24.'
This is what I actually heard-

"We sent in Jack Bauer. Bauer was aware of what the consequences would be if Bin Laden, was in fact, not in this house. Bauer knew that he would be on his own, and we were not going to claim any knowledge of this mission, unless he did find Bin Laden. He would have been treated as a rogue agent."

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 07:37 AM
link   
reply to post by RUSSO

When you think about it though, 50/50 is a pretty good chance to take. It is like choosing the red or the black. You have at least half a chance. Half a chance is better than a slight chance. I think I might have given the go ahead for the mission if it was even a slight chance.

You saw this?

www.palmbeachpost.com...
The science of mapping bin Laden's face: Palm Beach Gardens firm identifies bad guys

When President Obama gave the order for Navy SEALs to infiltrate a compound in Abbottabad, Pakistan, he was sure enough - but not certain - that Osama bin Laden was one of its occupants. A key part of the mission was verifying that the man the SEALs had killed was in fact the world's most wanted terrorist. The technology and equipment used to map that infamous face and signal a successful mission came from Palm Beach County,

The equipment believed to have been used to identify bin Laden is known as the SEEK II, which stands for Secure Electronic Enrollment Kit. It's a 4-pound computer the size of a cigar box that captures photographs, complete fingerprints and iris scans. Its memory holds the images and biometrics of "60,000 of your favorite bad guys," Oehler said. With 3G technology or a satellite connection, the SEEK also can link to databases all over the world. Within seconds, the SEEK can identify a match, which is important when the person holding the device has to be on the lookout for incoming fire.

edit on 10-5-2011 by newcovenant because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 07:38 AM
link   
reply to post by chiptrim

Well taking into consideration that the "men" in Osama tapes are physically different and not the same I will bet you that is a possibility.

edit on 10-5-2011 by marg6043 because: (no reason given)

edit on 10-5-2011 by marg6043 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 07:47 AM
link   
reply to post by RUSSO

"Oops. Sorry Mr. Han. We really screwed up and killed you. You were probably a terrorist anyway. Now we will dump your body in the ocean to quickly cover this up, and let Mr. Obama use you to further his political agenda. Hope the world buys into this outlandish tale. Please forgive us Pakistan. The relief payment will be early this month! Teehee, lol! Shhhhhhhh."

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 07:48 AM
link   
I don't think they were going on a feeling it was Obama and so all the speculation on whether it was him or not is intriguing and conspiratorial but sort of lame. There was a very exact science use to identify him before killing him.

The unit combines forensic-quality fingerprint capture, rapid dual iris scan capability, and facial capture technology in a multimodal identification and enrollment platform designed for rugged field use. "We design everything to the highest forensic standards," he said. "The ease of use is so that someone doesn't have to be an expert in biometrics."

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 07:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by colbyforce
reply to post by RUSSO

"Oops. Sorry Mr. Han. We really screwed up and killed you. You were probably a terrorist anyway. Now we will dump your body in the ocean to quickly cover this up, and let Mr. Obama use you to further his political agenda. Hope the world buys into this outlandish tale. Please forgive us Pakistan. The relief payment will be early this month! Teehee, lol! Shhhhhhhh."

The FBI 's most wanted killer and Obama got him to further his political agenda?

Who is next?

I hope he "furthers" his political agenda even further.

"Come on Obama! You gotta want it!"

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 10:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by newcovenant
reply to post by RUSSO

When you think about it though, 50/50 is a pretty good chance to take. It is like choosing the red or the black. You have at least half a chance. Half a chance is better than a slight chance. I think I might have given the go ahead for the mission if it was even a slight chance.

You saw this?

Aham, Like in the weather forecast. Can rain or not.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 10:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by chiptrim
Does this mean we might be treated to a new video of Osama, holding the latest copy of the Washington Post, firing an AK47?

Oh dear......

I think he is now Obama's BFF, you know, 11 points was a good number to get because this whole story.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 10:41 AM
link   
reply to post by colbyforce

Furthering his agenda they are. Remember, we gave Pakistan 4 billion in aid back in 2008 because they confirmed that OBL was already dead.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 10:44 AM
link   
The OS has changed so much in such a small time frame that many people around the globe question the legitimacy of the raid. It comes as no surprise though. The US government has always been shady, especially when the CIA is involved.

The alleged raid is a ruse. It simply marketed Obama, for the campaign trail. They needed to sway the peoples attention away from all the current events to get their attention elsewhere.

Like taking candy from a baby.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 10:46 AM
link   
reply to post by newcovenant

Don't be so naive! The government has satelites that can hover 40 miles above the Earth and can see a dime on the ground. If they wanted to be certain, they can be.

Being a former FO for the USMC I can say if it were a S&D mission they would not have time for biometrics.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 10:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Realms

Exactly! Obama new he couldn't defeat Trump (and his money) with the fake LFBC so they created another ruse. If OBL was truly in that compound, both the Pakistani and US military could have surrounded the place and got him out. Just like they did when they drug Hussein out of the rat hole. You remember that?

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 11:04 AM
link   
reply to post by thestillborn1

Less we forget, Bush Sr., for re-election, attempted to use the winning of the Kuwait war as means to win the vote. Though he failed, he tried. In this case, Obama's approval numbers where at an all time low. Lowest in Presidential history, and needed something to boost the confidence of the people on his stance toward national security. So come up with this fallacy of lies, and believe me, there are enough retards in our country, that will forget about the expansion of policies that infringe on our rights and liberties, that he'll get voted in for a second term. Obama will sell the alleged death of BL while on the campaign trail, and the retards will eat it up!

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 11:07 AM
link   
you know when you talk to someone and they are talking to you describing something that was a real event in their own life. They have a particular look and persona . it is a persona that they have actually experienced what they are talking about.

To me it seems OBAMA is making up things. You can kind of see it at around 8 minutes, the interview turns into make believe.

it may still be rehersed and planned but its made up and no amount of rehersal will make it believable. he is not that good of an actor.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 11:08 AM
link   
Of course you could not say that, because he wasn't.

Also said that the photos are not good for America.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 11:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Fractured.Facade

Also said that the photos are not good for America.

I dont think anyone would take any given photos as sound evidence. It would be difficult to satisfy the masses with any evidence other than a viewing of his dead body.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 11:18 AM
link   
45-55% chance OBL was there? That certainly flies in the face of the 99% DNA proof OBL was there. What a complete and utter cluster f***!

IRM

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join