Wikipedia

page: 1
7
<<   2 >>

log in

join

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 11:41 PM
link   
As many of us here know well enough, Wikipedia is full of lies and government propaganda. As Alex Jones once said, there is a war on for our minds. Sadly, Wikipedia is one of the most visited websites as a source for information on the internet, and I personally think its time to fight back. For too long we the people, not of America, but of Earth, have been mislead by powers that be into slavery, their most powerful weapon being misinformation.

Now we can sit on our ass and not do anything, or we can actually do something we have control over. You see, anyone can edit Wikipedia, so I say, "Why not?"

Why not correct the obvious blatant lies and replace with solid sourced fact. I see very few articles on Wikipedia that actually show how corrupt our government is. The international bankers, global elite, none of that is on there! I think we need to step up, get a good number of people together in on this, wake people up. I'm not saying its going to solve all the disinformation issues right away, right off the bat, but it is a step in the right direction.

Now, I ask you, members of ATS, how should we go about doing this? I'm all for starting with one article at a time, and begin deconstructing the disinfo in the respective article, finding sources to back up our arguments, and going about editing. Its just the question of where to start, any one have some ideas, or government-related Wikipedia pages that are just filled with outright lies that we can start with? I know of several, I just don't know where to start.

So what do you say? Want to declare war on disinformation?




posted on May, 9 2011 @ 11:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Davian
 



Real moving speech and all, but i don't need someone coming to visit me anytime soon.

Best of luck for everyone that does this, i really like the idea
just sounds lil risky with those topics



posted on May, 9 2011 @ 11:52 PM
link   
In my opinion: Although a valuable resource overall, I believe Wikipedia is plagued with corruption in the form of single users signing up under multiple accounts and making use of private proxies which allow spoofing of user agents. This can literally allow a single person who is being paid or otherwise has a personal agenda to sign up under a long list of user names and use them to control controversial pages or be hired to control pages for others, without the possibility of being discovered by checking IP's. Some of these people are very skilled, creating user pages with diverse backgrounds for each of their characters, and private proxies allow them to choose IP addresses from all over the world, as well as spoofing operating system and web browser type. The same people who would do this will likely be vying for administrator and other positions.


edit on 9-5-2011 by IamCorrect because: (no reason given)



posted on May, 9 2011 @ 11:55 PM
link   
Sounds good OP, but I have edited Wiki myself many times over the last couple years and everything I have edited was removed within a few hours to a couple days. Source info was supplied also, but they still removed it. I suggest getting many involved and work on one or a small number of subjects at a time. A few days back, after the Alex Jones interview with Dr Steve Pieczenik, Wiki altered his page and scheduled it for deletion. Many ATSer's went to work on providing references for his background. If you visit his Wiki page, you will see most of the "references" are dated May 5,2011 and we're provided by ATSer's.



posted on May, 10 2011 @ 12:16 AM
link   
just a note, in order to remove a statement and a source from wikipedia, you have to disprove the statement as well as the source, just like it should be in regular debate. you can't just remove something and put something that fits your viewpoint in it's place, that's stupid and typical, and they'll just throw the "fringe beliefs" rule at you.



posted on May, 10 2011 @ 12:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Davian
 


How would you edit this?
Will you site "Scare em all Al Jones" as factual evidence?
I understand that we are lied to but, the sheeple outnumber us and they can edit wiki also.
Plus all of my views are not shared by the public in general.
Your IP would just be caught and banned from editing anyway.



posted on May, 10 2011 @ 12:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by freedom12
Sounds good OP, but I have edited Wiki myself many times over the last couple years and everything I have edited was removed within a few hours to a couple days. Source info was supplied also, but they still removed it. I suggest getting many involved and work on one or a small number of subjects at a time. A few days back, after the Alex Jones interview with Dr Steve Pieczenik, Wiki altered his page and scheduled it for deletion. Many ATSer's went to work on providing references for his background. If you visit his Wiki page, you will see most of the "references" are dated May 5,2011 and we're provided by ATSer's.


This is exactly what inspired me. =D And yes, that is my original plan, to get many involved and work on one at a time, or small numbers. An example of a few articles are the ones on Nazi Germany. I see nowhere about the Jewish Nazis that enlisted in his army, or that Hitler was possibly of lineage to the Rothschild family. The former is very likely, as is the latter, but they keep removing stuff like that. I say, if we get together a large enough group of dissidents, it could work. It wouldn't hurt to try.

Whether we win or lose, it doesn't matter, we need to fight back, and we need to fight back hard.



posted on May, 11 2011 @ 06:08 AM
link   
They are pretty quick to clean up the unwanted editing and people attempting to do this should know IPs are logged for all to see by going through the history tabs. Do it too much to one article and editing will be frozen for vandalism reasons.

In fact, why not have a look through the history in articles to see if any juicy tidbits of info, which would be in red, was put in only to be taken out. Ive found some good stuff before by doing that.



posted on May, 11 2011 @ 06:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Davian
 


Davian from reading the responses I get the feeling its not worth the time, if everyones hard work will just be deleted within hours. Maybe we need to find a more fact-based online reference source to utilize, and leave Wikipedia behind.

Sites that become common use that are not worthy deserve to be crushed. Just like the popular search engine google; it may be huge & fast, but return preference goes to sponsored sites while your every query is logged. There is a creeping seamless interface taking over the Internet, slowly pulling multiple sites together, and its a little uncomfortable. It wouldn't be difficult to write a good Twilight Zone episode script where someone is being tried in a courtroom with their own past 'anonymous' posts used against them.



posted on May, 12 2011 @ 01:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by LargeFries
reply to post by Davian
 


Davian from reading the responses I get the feeling its not worth the time, if everyones hard work will just be deleted within hours. Maybe we need to find a more fact-based online reference source to utilize, and leave Wikipedia behind.

Sites that become common use that are not worthy deserve to be crushed. Just like the popular search engine google; it may be huge & fast, but return preference goes to sponsored sites while your every query is logged. There is a creeping seamless interface taking over the Internet, slowly pulling multiple sites together, and its a little uncomfortable. It wouldn't be difficult to write a good Twilight Zone episode script where someone is being tried in a courtroom with their own past 'anonymous' posts used against them.


Yeah, we could just leave it be, and let them continue with their atrocities. Or, we could utilize the 'fact-based' source as a weapon. Fight back.

It can be done.



posted on May, 12 2012 @ 01:28 PM
link   
I buy physical books.

Recently, I have begun to type up quotes to actual hard material when citing references on ATS. It's more time consuming for me, but it's my way of presenting good material lacking from convenient quick net searches.



posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 12:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Davian
 


Alex Jones is a liar as well, 60% of what he says are lies.

> He said that Obama would stage "inaugural bombings" in early 2009.
> He said that companies are beginning to make "spying light bulbs" which he claimed that they would have microphones and cameras built in them.
> He attacks competition; even though he endorses people to make their own radio show and spread the message.
> He's a bully.
> He disrupted a 'pro-gun rally' in Austin Texas and claimed it was "Cointelpro" puppets sent by the democratic party.
> He promoted a first class con artist and some might say that he is a conning salesman using the NWO as an excuse to sell all of his wonderful products!, which include: hats, doomsday books, expensive water filters, and DVD's.

Where does he get this great information?
edit on 22-6-2012 by SecretUnicorn because: (no reason given)



posted on Jun, 16 2013 @ 03:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Davian
 


i am all for it. say when and where, ill be there



posted on Jun, 30 2013 @ 08:41 AM
link   
I agree with you, Davian, that we must start a full-scale war. Wikipedia is filled with lies and government propaganda in every namespace: article, project, users, talks, etc. It is one of the most visited websites, maybe I got bitter of this because not just I always HATE lies - they are simply baseless, outrageous and not real. We are being slaves, and their weapon is misinformation. Take a look at American Wikipedia user BatteryIncluded (the Encyclopedia Dramatica article about him can be found here). Like many, he plays a major role in making Wikipedia the place full of lies and misinformation, by misrepresenting people's views.

I, as Bryan Seecrets operating a sockpuppet Starkiller88 on the English Wikipedia, being subject to abuse by Wikipedia arbitrators, administrators and editors on behalf of BatteryIncluded, using lies, after a long-term vandalism and disruptive editing. Arbitrator AGK denied many appeals to BASC one day later even they are to be filed after a stipulated time without any further reason; and Boing! said Zebedee distorted my history in favor of enacting the ban using the user talk page as a place for the ban endorsement. There is a reasonable explanation. He said that I had an five-year obsession with Phobos-Grunt, while the Arbitrators say that I made a repeat of the behaviour that resulted in an another indefinite block. I didn't see my name listed on the list of banned users, and was never asked by ArbCom anything for comment. ArbCom would keep in touch with me when there's dissent, however, in the end, there is none at all. It is all a conspiracy to force my suicide via an increase in my medication, as what BatteryIncluded told me before sending me a kitten, encouraging me to kill myself. This picture is evidence of a widespread conspiracy to kill me and infect my computer with malware. The conspiracy spread from Wikipedia and much of the Internet (including ED, particularly Anwar Sadat's Horny Ghost (see post)), and is resulted from the lies made by BatteryIncluded and the Wikipedia community as a whole (while on ED, the Starkiller88 article is said that the conspiracy spread from an ED user, to an ED editor, ultimately to low earth orbit, where his arch enemy BatteryIncluded lurked in his private space station, hacking ED accounts to make “suicide threats” to an autistic Malaysian).

In addition to the lies above, there is cabalism in Wikipedia. It is human nature. Unblocks are so controversial that an administrator should never do it, and want to kill any administrator that does so. I may have created a group of editors, administrators, and arbitrators against me, given this long-term pattern of abuse, as exactly editor W. D. Graham said. If there's a cabal against me, I may have created myself, but BatteryIncluded created it, using the fact that I created an Anonymous Operation, namely Operation Phobos-Gone, to win over the Wikipedia argument over BatteryIncluded and signed my death warrant.

It's the most deceitful, deceptive, oppressive, and arrogant acts I have ever seen. These editors are making lies, and publishing them on the web. In fact, we are going to wage war on these lie-making individuals over the next few years and exposing them to the people of Earth.

P.S.
I have read somewhere that each suicide threat triggers arrest by the authorities. I can only hope that BatteryIncluded, and most of Encyclopedia Dramatica will be arrested for making suicide threats against an autistic Malaysian.
edit on 30-6-2013 by bryansee because: Added info about Operation Phobos-Gone and link.



posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 09:22 PM
link   
Why quote Alex "You're all idiots" Jones? He's a scammer and compulsive liar. Yes, there's a war for our minds and unfortunately too many people have given their all to this amazing actor.

And Wikipedia is also a scam. Probably not even as big as the infowarprisonplanetalexjones empire (worth millions, to be sure).

I ran across a great video from this guy I just found on Utube. He had a good video on the topics of Wikipedia:


In case the embed didn't work:
www.youtube.com...



posted on Jul, 2 2013 @ 01:41 PM
link   
Quoting Alex Jones is to compare BatteryIncluded and his fellow editors, administrators and arbitrators, and Wikipedia as a whole. You are right, they are a scam and part of cabalism that makes compulsive lies. I like that video you posted.

I do want to do some more research on it in general. I wonder what is being said out there; cabalism, abuse by administrators and arbitrators, and criticism from outsiders were discussed elsewhere. In the back of my mind I felt worried about ending up like Douglas Quaid/Hauser from Total Recall by participating in a website affiliated with the scam.
edit on 2-7-2013 by bryansee because: Expand some info



posted on Jul, 3 2013 @ 05:53 PM
link   
I decided a while ago to not use Wikipedia but so often when I am researching something its the Wiki site that pops up first. If its something simple I still use it but I am finding it a drag to delve through past pages on subjects I want to research. If anyone can suggest another site I would be grateful.



posted on Jul, 3 2013 @ 07:07 PM
link   
A few years back the Wiki entry for 9/11 had a chapter about the conspiracy theories. I noticed it has been deleted since. No alternative accoints of what happened allowed!!



posted on Jul, 9 2013 @ 04:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Frettin
A few years back the Wiki entry for 9/11 had a chapter about the conspiracy theories. I noticed it has been deleted since. No alternative accoints of what happened allowed!!




That's completely ridiculous, and I've seen equally ridiculous stuff on wikipedia before. I really despise some of the regular editors on that site. Remind me of certain people I've seen around here, except even more unreasonable.


Why should the 9/11 article not mention conspiracy theories? That makes no sense. That's like an article about the JFK assassination not mentioning any alternative theories beyond the official story. It's ridiculous, simply because such theories have been a very large part of the historical discussion regarding these topics. And to ignore all that discussion and public opinion, even if it's unsubstantiated, is to ignore history, and to ignore reality. (I guess, in a way, we are seeing "history is written by the winners" live, right before our very eyes.)


Inclusion of such information does not have to be seen as an endorsement (which I think is what some of these ridiculously uptight editors imagine and fear.) As with any other piece of information on wikipedia, it is simply a reflection of reality. Many people believe and have discussed these things. That is an indisputable fact and some might argue, an important cultural aspect of these events.


I hope one day some of these people (uptight wikipedians) are able to painlessly extract the very large pieces of timber from their hind-quarters.
edit on 9-7-2013 by iwilliam because: (no reason given)



posted on Jul, 10 2013 @ 01:46 AM
link   
reply to post by iwilliam
 


Well said. Bunch of A-wipes those guys are. Reminds me of 1984 (I think), where they rewrite the history books.

Really, that is where we should be focusing our anti-NWO efforts. The FEMA camps may be real, may not, who knows. However this rewriting of history and corruption of information is definitely real. They are brainwashing the next generations into submission. Much easier than forcing this generation now. Frog in the pot.





top topics
 
7
<<   2 >>

log in

join