It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do You Have Permission to Travel in Your OWN Country - You'll Need It!

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 07:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by AndrewJay

Originally posted by syrinx high priest
yeah

let me know when this makes it to the floor of congress for a vote

Kinda like how we went to congress to go to war with Libya?

it's sad to say, it's a lot easier for the CIC to unleash the dogs of war than the bureaucrats of passes. don't be a sheep and believe everything you see on the innerwebs.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 09:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by GunzCoty
reply to post by Seekeye2

Star&flag
This makes me sick.
WTF happened to freedom?

people kept saying ........ "If you have nothing to hide, don't worry about it" ..... and just like that you have the freedoms you (American's) voted for!!!!

"So this is how liberty dies: With thunderous applause."
Taken from Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith, but I feel it applies very nicely.....

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 11:57 PM
link   
So i took a guess at the thread content as I care not what "Scare em all Al" has to say.
Is there news of said event of a bill number i need to look up?
I really dislike getting news from jones as it most always is not real news at all.
From the conversations in the thread, are they closing state borders?

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 01:00 AM
link   
reply to post by g146541

Internal Passport: Terror Alert Overload Leads To Call For “No Ride List”

Steve Watson & Paul Joseph Watson
Infowars.com
May 9, 2011

In the wake of rampant and escalated fears over terror attacks on transport systems in major US cities, and a spate of false alarms, a US Senator is leading the call for a government “no ride list”, that would see potential suspects banned from boarding trains. The move is part of a long-planned agenda to force Americans into accepting an internal passport that they would need to display at security checkpoints littered across the country at so-called “soft target” locations like subways, malls and sports stadiums.
An internal passport for Americans is codified under the December 2004 Intelligence Reform and Terrorism Prevention Act, which Congressman Ron Paul warned at the time would, “Allow the government to establish a Soviet-style internal passport system” that would subject “every citizen to surveillance and screening points”.
It’s also about isolating so-called “domestic extremists” under the terms of the MIAC report who will have their freedom of movement restricted and basic liberties such as Second Amendment rights stripped by the federal government. Chicago Mayor Rahm Emanuel wants people on the “no fly” list, and by extension a “no ride” list, to also be on a “no buy” list and be prevented from purchasing firearms.
Just as the federal government currently maintains a terrorist no fly list, Sen. Charles Schumer is calling for the same rules to apply to Amtrak trains in the US, following the claim that intelligence was recovered from Osama Bin Laden’s computer pointing to apparent spectacular terror plots to target trains.
“Anyone, even a member of al-Qaida could purchase a train ticket and board an Amtrak train without so much as a question asked,” Schumer said. “So that’s why I’m calling for the creation of an Amtrak no ride list. That would take the secure flight program and apply it to Amtrak trains.”
The Democrat Senator from New York says the list is vital in order to prevent future attacks. Critics charge that the move would represent nothing more than an open move towards domestic checkpoints and internal passports.
Last week the government issued an advisory to law enforcement agencies, warning them to increase security around train stations and subways.
Material supposedly gleaned from Osama’s house in Pakistan revealed “an operation against trains at an unspecified location in the United States on the 10th anniversary” of the 9/11 attacks.” reported NBC News.
The advisory claimed al-Qaeda plans “to tip a train by tampering with the rails so that the train would fall off the track at either a valley or on a bridge.”
Yet, it is not clear how the government reached this conclusion, given that according to US officials there are no references to specific plots or to to specific cities, nor is there any imminent threat.
“We have no information of any imminent terrorist threat to the U.S. rail sector, but wanted to make our partners aware of the alleged plotting,” Department of Homeland Security spokesman Matt Chandler said in a statement.”We want to stress that this alleged al-Qaida plotting is based on initial reporting, which is often misleading or inaccurate and subject to change.”
Since the ever increasingly farcical Bin Laden death raid, there has been an overload of paranoia and false terror alarms in major US cities.
A show of force has been initiated at major rail stations with militarized police in camo gear and TSA VIPR teams conducting increased amounts of random warrantless searches.
The following CBS news video highlights these suggestions and notes that such heightened security is the norm in Israel, intimating that the US should follow suit.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 01:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by ICEKOHLD
tis the land of the free and the home of the brave

looks more and more like...

...the land of the sheep and the home of the slaves™

j/k...but seriously, I should trademark that

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 02:21 AM
link   

Thank you very much, that was what i was looking for.

Now onto the real message.
There seems to be no real coverage other than the Jones Brothers.
So no other way of tracking said story for collaboration.
No Assembly bill.
Just Al screaming "the sky is falling.
Business as usual it seems.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 02:30 AM
link   
Why is nobody pointing out the obvious here?

This is a Democratic-led initiative, proposed by Democratic Senator Chuck Schumer.

At some point liberals must face up to the fact that the Democratic party is not aligned with principles of individual freedoms or inalienable rights.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 03:13 AM
link   
I am surprised we do not have this here in the UK yet.
What with home grown terrorists we seem to be breeding, I would have thought the UK government would want to put this in place before USSA (United Soviet States of America).

Actually, quick close and delete this thread before the UK Government get wind and think 'oh why aren't we doing this ?'
edit on 10-5-2011 by diddy1234 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 03:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by AndrewJay

Originally posted by GunzCoty

Star&flag
This makes me sick.
WTF happened to freedom?

People thought freedom was free.

Freedom isnt free, It costs a hefty F*ckn fee, and if we dont throw in our buck 'o' five who will?

(freedom cost's a buck'o'fiiiiive)

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 03:49 AM
link   
reply to post by diddy1234

You're Right Comrade Diddy - but then you've got all those cameras following you all where ever you go.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 03:52 AM
link   
reply to post by grindhouzer

The Most Expensive Luxury On Earth! It's Priceless!

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 03:54 AM
link   
true.

Yes the UK is certainly a voyeur country.

Also the police here have stop and search powers for any reason they seem deemed to fit.
Then there is the ANPR (Car validation) system.

One police car on a bridge / overpass, checking every car driving along a motorway / highway.
Then a few police cars just up the road waiting to pounce on any unsuspecting peasant.

Even when people demonstrate in this country, the police are there with cameras / video camera's to put those people onto a database and compare from one protest to another.

Not sure how long for but people can protest here at the moment but that 'right' will go soon once some serious uprising's happen (if the fuel prices keep going up then it will).

Free country - my arse !
edit on 10/5/2011 by diddy1234 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 04:19 AM
link   
Yes because I need a train ticket to plant 100KG of Anfo under train tracks on a bridge.

This move is to target one type of people only... The free people that have no interest in anything outside of getting to their destination.

Trains are secluded to rails... They can not be driven into buildings like Planes can be flown into buildings.
There is absolutely no benefit to boarding a train in order to cause damage and death.

Wake up Americans, it is time to start your revolution.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 04:54 AM
link   
reply to post by g146541

If you click on the original link you will get the rest of the report.

With all respect - you need to do your own research by putting you brain cells on active duty you should be able to see where this is going.

Sorry but you can't just sit back.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 05:07 AM
link   
You know - during the war - the Jews really believed for a long time that they were being sent to work camps - they had been convinced of this by their Government - Right up until the later days of clearing the ghettos they believed this. Of course History tells us what really happened.

When History looks back on this period in our lives - again they will say - 'The Masses Believed Their Government'
They believed that Terrorism was real - so they went along with all the restrictions and allowed themselves to be herded into Ghettos.

This is what History will eventually say - and the best part is - that those listening will argue and say 'No that didn't really happen - Show me the evidence' and they will debate it for years. Then guess what - the same will happen again - only the next time (if the world hasn't been totally destroyed by then) it will be even more extreme and even more unbelievable.

Terrorism is the biggest Lie ever told - It's Perfect!

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 05:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Seekeye2

So very true... Alex Jones has a video about how "Terrorism" is a big lie.

There is proof in valid statistics about how its more likely to die by a bee sting in the U.S, than being killed by a Terrorist.

Watch it, educate yourself.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 05:24 AM
link   
This is outrageous, Americans need to MAKE SURE, they DO NOT let this pass, this is a big step towards a Police state instilled by FAKE FEAR from outside 'terrorists' I personally will not let this pass in the UK & im sure theres plenty of the UK population who would oppose these things. If this was to happen in the UK, i would leave the country for sure !

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 05:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Vanishr

You might want to start saving for that journey now then.

www.bbc.co.uk...

The home secretary said the reforms would "send a clear signal that the professional judgment of individual officers is valued and it is expected".

"We will take a different approach - we will trust the police."

On the whim of a police officer, rightly or wrongly, you could find yourself with a criminal record and it's your word against his.

Good luck with that.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 05:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sovaka

Originally posted by Seekeye2

So very true... Alex Jones has a video about how "Terrorism" is a big lie.

There is proof in valid statistics about how its more likely to die by a bee sting in the U.S, than being killed by a Terrorist.

Watch it, educate yourself.

I already watched this Vid and it demonstrates perfectly the many ways you can die which are far more likely than being killed by so called Terrorism.
I also ask the question - When did America suffer a Terrorist Attack??? They didn't and people are starting to wake up to this.
But if they allow the next move - topic of this thread - to play out - they will wake up too late.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 06:25 AM
link   
Sorry, the Educate Yourself line wasn't targeting you

I was agreeing with you and that line was just a broad statement to those that are still in denial.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join