It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Results of the 2011 ATS User Survey

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 05:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by RSF77
Wow, impressive results, did you account in any way for possible dishonesty? Or just raw data? Just asking.

In any case, you guys might have something here with this forum. Something extraordinary.

I am guessing that there were probably some "fudge factor" responses, but probably not that many to be significant. It looks like it was a good survey, and the results should be beneficial to owners, advertisers, and of course members.

The only part I am wondering about is the 60% response by non-members. Were those really non-members, or ATS members who simply did not sign in when they took the survey? Think it is a valid question, considering that we are on a website with a lot of conspiracy theories being discussed and some members voicing privacy concerns, etc. Might recommend adding that question on the next survey, "Are you a member of ATS? which even if they are members, and even if they were taking the survey anonymously from the front page without logging in, this would make the survey even more statistically sound.

edit on 5/9/2011 by manta78 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 05:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by greeneyedleo
41% female Yeah! I find that a surprising number, but I am glad to see such a high number!
When I first started visiting ATS that was one of the things I noticed, the percentage of females was higher than the supposed average percentage of female Internet users.

Some (I remember at least three) do not even like that other people know that they are female.

40% was what I was expecting.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 05:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by RSF77
Wow, impressive results, did you account in any way for possible dishonesty?
I cannot answer about this survey, but in the ones I made some years ago, most people (more than 90%) give honest answers.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 06:04 PM
link   
So, can we get like a Truthers Dating Site spun out of this?

SOOOooooo tired of the gals watching Dancing With The Stars, and such...and when you try and talk with them about anything important in life, you get that 'blank expression' look.

Hey, not disin these gals.....just saying a TV bot is not for me.

Heck, to be Honest, I find deep stimulating conversation better than Sex !
tho Your mileage may vary...

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 06:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by AnteBellum
So what does this mean for ATS?

How is this going to help you decide upon the direction the site will advance?

More paid advertising for chick flicks. That's my first guess.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 06:13 PM
link   
Unfortunately my PC was down for several weeks so I missed the poll however I find it very informative. It brings a sense of understanding the poster. Thanks ats

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 06:14 PM
link   
Fun survey. Glad to see the results... Seems most people fit in with the same choices I selected.

Very cool

Peace and love.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 06:15 PM
link   
LMAO @ 4% Phd. and LMAO @ least desired is premium content subscriptions.(cheap bastards)ats should charge,then there would be no trolls or uneducated fingers above keyboards..

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 06:16 PM
link   
reply to post by comawhite12

well if you look at the income, it should explain it, not many can afford the fancy mobile phones.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 06:20 PM
link   
HOWEVER, i did enjoy the survey and seeing its results,i hope to see many more of these here on ats, maybe surveys about certain topics discussed here!

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 06:24 PM
link   
I wasn't expecting to see the results so fast! Excellent information!! I know some have linked the younger crowd to immaturity, but I see it differently. I am 26 and have 5 younger brothers and a younger sister, so i understand this age group very well. It is exciting to see so many young people interested in alternative topics, and willing to look past the BS surface details that MSM provides us.

I just wish more people wanted a monthly magazine subscription from ATS. Imagine the possibilities....there could be a couple articles dedicated to member created content. There could be a hox of the month section, a debate of the month section. I guess I'm I'm the minority, but I love a great magazine and will maintain my favorites for life, or as long as they stay in business.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 06:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by eNumbra
How many of those readily and happily giving ATS all their personal info adamantly opposed the Census?

edit on 5/9/2011 by eNumbra because: (no reason given)

No personal identifying information was given! No paranoid needed, was a simple form.
and I had no issue with the Census either. It was a very short non-intrusive form. Info they have on my already!

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 06:37 PM
link   
reply to post by manta78

reply to post by ArMaP

Yea, sorry I had to bring it up. I was wondering though if maybe the statistics were altered, not how many people were actually being honest. Seems like that would be hard to pinpoint.

Originally posted by VicDiaz89
ats should charge,then there would be no trolls or uneducated fingers above keyboards..

That would probably self-destruct ATS in time. I won't pay for anything on the internet for example.
edit on 9-5-2011 by RSF77 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 06:45 PM
link   
reply to post by SkepticOverlord

A very cool site you have here, just paying respects to the owner, and i must say that I am surprised to see how many people are interested in conspiracy theories and ufo's, though "alternative news" beats it out... strange.

Interesting Polls.

Thanks.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 07:00 PM
link   
We need more polls like this.

And prizes awarded for the most average member..... Perhaps a designer tinfoil hat and a job manning the ATS booth at some UFO Gathering.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 07:08 PM
link   

As expected here on ATS Sir, awesome job.

My summarization of the results are (for me anyways): 50 yr old, female, educated, internet addicted ATS camper.

And for those who say "get a life"...hog wash, this is my life, I earned it.

Bravo

Rhain

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 07:23 PM
link   
I for one am happy to see a younger crowd on ATS. Having younger generations, such as myself, active and willing to do their own research, seek out different and varying sources of news, and actually get concerned and involved in something important makes me ecstatic,

Also, the news, and the truth should always be free. Sorry if you wanted to make more money ATS
!

I for one would love mobile app. Especially with an "Oh no the # just hit the fan" alert.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 07:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by WhiteSpectralMirror
I for one am happy to see a younger crowd on ATS. Having younger generations, such as myself, active and willing to do their own research, seek out different and varying sources of news, and actually get concerned and involved in something important makes me ecstatic,

Also, the news, and the truth should always be free. Sorry if you wanted to make more money ATS
!

I for one would love mobile app. Especially with an "Oh no the # just hit the fan" alert.

Now thats a great idea. i could just be at work and hear a ..."Oh Nooooo" Grab my BoB head for the hills

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 07:53 PM
link   
Interesting.

So, according to this chart...conspiracy theorists have plenty of money..aka, suburbian bored folks. Take that wachowski brothers (Matrix: Zion was populated mostly with poor people whom woke up..basically demanding reality cannot suck this much).

So, less worries at life = more speculation about things that are not right...makes sense...under 40k are worried about things like..losing their house, eating, etc...they don't have time to speculate on how reptilians may be running congress or what is underneath the pyramids in general.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 08:15 PM
link   

Cool! I love seeing statistics like this.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join