It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Results of the 2011 ATS User Survey

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 04:17 PM
link   
I'm actually quite impressed with these results. Especially the social networking results.

Also, the age 18-34 result is very telling, in my opinion. You can see how free thinking young people are affecting the world by looking at the middle east. The same is happening all over the world.

Very interesting. Thanks for sharing.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 04:18 PM
link   
Got to say, happy to see there is a fair amount of women out here on ATS.................

Thanks for the results, gives a good picture of the site, along with what information/interest people like

41% female

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 04:22 PM
link   
While I was looking at the statistics I was like
"That's what I picked as well! Just as expected"
Pretty much sums up ATS =D

link   
Are we going to see any cross tab information?

Favorite Topic by education level?

Favorite Topic by age?

Least favorite by gender?

link   
Seriously...the monthly Mag although not rated, a great idea and a way to bring in the uninformed...

That way if the great Internet2 comes in to silence us all, we have our Magazine to fall back onto.

edit on 9-5-2011 by DreamerOracle because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 04:24 PM
link   
So an average ATS person is probably caucasion, male, 27 years old, makes 60K a year, and is a virgin?

link   

Originally posted by RSF77
Wow, impressive results, did you account in any way for possible dishonesty? Or just raw data? Just asking.

In any case, you guys might have something here with this forum. Something extraordinary.

I was thinking this too, about the dishonesty.

But very interesting non the less. Didnt surprise me about there being more men than women.

link   

Originally posted by EL1A5
Interesting results, the only flaw that I find about it is, how can we determine if lies have somehow tweaked the results?

Just a thought, I guess we could never really tell.

Yeah I don't think we could tell. I'm sure there were a fair amount of people who did lie. I for one answered everything honestly and I am sure many others did as well.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 04:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by comawhite12

I cant believe the mobile app didnt get a higher %.

The mobile app probably didn't get a higher vote because today's smartphones have full internet, so no app is really needed.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 04:25 PM
link   
I'm dead on with the demographic most of the time.. there were a couple that I was wayyy off on though.

Was really surprised no one wanted a mobile app for ease of browsing from a smart phone.
edit on 9-5-2011 by jessejamesxx because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 04:28 PM
link   
I find it ridiculous that somebody actually said they're not surprised at the 18-34 ratio because of all the "immature" posts...sorry...but even older people can be "immature" and stupid trolls at the same time...seriously such an ignorant post...being 21...i know that there are younger minds on here who are going to post stupid crap because they can...but they're not the only ones...so stop generalizing an entire generation simply because you don't belong to it

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 04:28 PM
link   
How many of those readily and happily giving ATS all their personal info adamantly opposed the Census?

edit on 5/9/2011 by eNumbra because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 04:32 PM
link   
Very informative statistics.
I am not sure about my age group that seems to be lacking here. A poor showing for a group that has been exposed to the conspiracies far longer than the younger ages, but not to the level that has been brought forth by the internet. So that stat can hold true. Or maybe our age group has given up following the conspiracies as much due to our exposure to them????

Surprising that politics has such an unfavorable rating been that almost all politics ties to some conspiracy or the other. Maybe just a misunderstanding and was taking hate of politics in general????

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 04:33 PM
link   
reply to post by eNumbra

Not too sure - Maybe you should start a poll.................

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 04:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by simone50m
I am relieved at most of the results. Intelligent people who are concerned, and not interested in junk. I'm very disappointed that most of you all are 18-to-34. I could tell though. Judging by many posts I have seen. The level of immaturity displayed at times. So I am in an extreme minority here. As a female, and not, ummm 18-to-34.

18-34 is a very large range to call "immature" .. I would say your post has been the most immature I've seen lately.

Anyways..

Most surprising stat .. 41% female.. never woulda guessed!

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 04:34 PM
link   
Cool graphics!

Well, there's not a whole lot of us old farts on here huh? (55+) 5%

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 04:39 PM
link   
reply to post by SkepticOverlord

We've received just over 18,000 responses to the survey in a relatively short amount of time... about 60% of which have been determined to be non-members of ATS.

Are these graphs/stats for all 18,000 responses...or do they filter out the non-members?

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 04:40 PM
link   
reply to post by OutKast Searcher

I would assume they filtered them out, but it is kind of an alarming percentage, who and why would anyone try and alter the results to that extent?
edit on 9-5-2011 by RSF77 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 04:41 PM
link   
I would have like to have seen a question such as, 'How many of you Use or will purchase a Smartphone'
given the fact that these little beauties are easily commandeered remotely by certain...agency's.
oh....and Location, what Country are you in.

Interesting info.....was also surprised by the amount of younger people on here...Good stuff if you ask me.

edit on 9-5-2011 by 1000TonBlocks because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 04:43 PM
link   
Interesting results. "One mans truth is another mans lie." As we read it, most of those that posted to the survey were not members of the site?...if that is so how many members of the site would fit into these demographics?

The age of >55 contributing could be a mistake...I've noticed what happens when someone admits to age online...same as in society...they become a pariah. Good to see females are posting, despite age. Formal education or still in school looks like the norm...but I also feel that there are quite a lot more people on this site that bring not only highly self educated and life learning experiences to this site were among those of us that did not choose to participate.

Now that you have the information you do...what do you plan on doing with it? How do we know that using this particular information will benefit those that participated as well as those that did not...what you have is only part of the story.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join